Has it been pirated yet?

Has it been pirated yet?

I downloaded some Steam preload version but you still have to pay for it to unlock. I'm seeing a similar torrent on KAT by the same zipperhead uploader. It's already hard to understand because it's all in chinese, though there is a webpage link that google can translate. But like I said it was just a preloader.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com
katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=23782#main-technical
youtube.com/watch?v=I-eK4w2z17g
residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Baker_family
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Be patient

The irony is I have the hard cash to pay for it, but miles away from any store and no transportation.

A friend of mine says this game is really good and very RE-like.
She's played all the main games.
Is this true?

The only reason I clicked this thread is because I heard the first boss was a chainsaw duel.

I'm only here because of the car garage boss webm.

The game feels more like Condemned: Criminal Origins than a spooky walking simulator or Resident Evil.

It uses Denuvo. You'll have to wait at least a month before Italians crack it.

Not, it isn't. You choices are to:

1. Family-share from someone who has it.
2. "Rent" it for 5$ on one of those anti-denuvo sites.
3. Wait it out.
4. Buy it.

I'd recommend waiting it out, right now it has performance issues after a little while playing (Like every Denuvo game really), and a nasty save bug where it corrupts your save if you reload and then you're not able to save manually.

No, not it's not.

I loved the first Condemned, despite the rather poor ending and sporadic pacing.

You believed her enough to come here and ask, user.

I was already here and saw the thread.
I don't believe her, but I haven't played the game either, so I figured I might ask people who have. Silly me, of course Holla Forums hasn't played it yet if it's not pirateable.

watch the pewdienazi videos

watch the pewdienazi playthrough videos
FUCING POST WEBM DAMNIT

… the whats?
Oh, okay, so that's why that guy at work is telling me to watch Pewdiepie now. Yeah, no, I'll take a hard pass on that.

PDP is unpozzed and is redpilling cucks hard about the Jews. He's officially /ourguy/ now

Yeah, I know.

Who gives a shit?
A redpilled e-celeb is still an e-celeb.

Is this edited or real? I remember seeing this guy complaining about youtube wanting to replacing him because he was white

is that you
panoots?
the painting gobling master?

I swear to god this board gets weirder every day.

You either die an e-celeb or live long enough to become a nazi.

fucking Holla Forums I swear too fucking god. Cancerous eceleb is always gonna be a cancerous eceleb.

Go suck cancer dick back on 4/pol/ you halfchan faggot.

Didn't even know this shit had denuvo, then i'll pass.

If you faggots want to know about pewdiepie you can read this thread >>>Holla Forums8881139 lets keep this thread about resident evil. I dont think youll be seeing a crack any time soon OP, the torrents you're seeing are probably just the uncracked version so you can already download it and have it ready for when the crack is released.

Sure, OP. I'll crack it for you. Here:
youtube.com

Actually I main v and pol here thanks

Don't know. I lean toward "no" due to some stupid shit I've seen.
Clearly not true.

Obviously you're new at it

I know Doom was cracked with Denuvo, how long will this take for this game? I'm not sure if I want to buy it yet until I know for sure if it's good.

On the topic of torrenting, I found this but i'm not sure if it's the same thing you've found already

katcr.co/new/torrents-details.php?id=23782#main-technical

Yeah, I saw that one because it said it wasn't a preload version. Any idea on how to get it to run? It's the right file size of the legit game.

It takes months to crack Denuvo, fuckwit.

Not if you're Russian.

I rate this game above RE5 and 6.
It's inferior to RE1-4.

It's overpriced, it's correct price for the current amount of content it offers is 20 bucks.
It's not a bad game.
It's not VR bait.
It's not a penumbra/amnesia/outlast clone.
It's not a walking simulator either.
Almost all the elements that make a RE game, a RE game, are still there, they're simply shuffled around a bit and you play it in first person.

The story is dumb because the story in RE has always been dumb as shit and if you think otherwise you're delusional.
The characters are entertaining and the voice actors had a lot of fun voicing them, and you can tell, it gives off a campy, "evil dead" type of atmosphere.

It's ok.
It's an improvement over the direction the series was going towards in the last games.

It explicitly is. It was originally a VR tech demo turned into a full game by the kikes at Capcom and told the devs to slap the RE title over their tech demo and make it a full game.

You're right about it not being a walking sim but it most definitely is trying to be an outlast clone with the hilljacks not being able to be killed and following you around until their final bossfight. The difference is there's actual combat in the Outlast clone. The story has always been dumb but it has been grounded in some form of pseudo in universe science that is broken apart at the sight of ghosts. You really can't tell me a game's voice acting is good if you THINK the VAs had fun voicing them. They're doing their job that's it.

I'll pre-emptively expand on this because i can already feel the autism surrounding me ready to strike:

-A series of enclosed locations (indoors or outdoors alike) where you have to solve puzzles to move to the next area, puzzles often involve RE-like shit like finding bronze animal heads to slot into a pattern, or casting a shadow over a painting to unlock the way etc, etc.
-Weapons include a pistol, a kinfe, shotgun, flamethrower, granade launcher, a magnum (? not sure, basically the handcannon equivalent), later on you get an automatic rifle.
-Normal enemies spawn in an area, they don't respawn when killed.
-Normal enemies will spawn in a new pattern/spawn when they didn't spawn before when you advance in the story.
-Boss enemies start out as regenerating "nemesis" chasing you, until eventually culminating in their boss fight where you truly defeat them.
-Emphasis on resource management, limited inventory, using materials to craft healing items and bullets.
-Shootouts focus on headshots to conserve ammo, headshots are the most effective way to dispose of enemies.
-Enemies move somewhat erratically especially on head movements to counter this.
-Tape recorders to save.
-Item boxes (you use them a lot).

If everything i just wrote here doesn't qualify this as a RE game just because it's not third person with 2D backgrounds and tank controls, then nothing ever will anymore.

This is the ideal RE game. You might not like it, but that it was what peak survival horror looks like.

the 2d backgrounds are comfy

As I said before, it feels like a mix between Condemned and Resident Evil.
But, I still prefer a proper sequel that would play like the last two remakes.

I haven't played it, but it looks to me that resource management isn't much of a thought, and that there isn't much need for any skill at all to play the game. I remember having to spend a lot of time learning to dodge zombies in the original games. Is there really anything challenging here? It looks so easy.
It's oversaturated with cutscenes, unlike earlier games.
Also, Richard is a skinny bitch.

It usually takes anywhere from 1-3 months depending on how much drive there is for the game to be cracked. For this game, i'd say it's probably closer to 1½.

try again

The thing that I liked most about Resident Evil games was the cheesiness. It felt like a goofy B-movie, but one that's still fun to watch. I'm just not liking the vibe in 7, it just feels like a shitty modern jumpscare fest to me. It might just be that I only like horror movies for the cheese factor, not for being scared. At least that's what I got from the demo I played, I don't know or think it shifts all that much in the full game.

Consider how popular zombie/horror was in the days of RE1 thru Code Veronica. Zombie movies that came out during that time where always pretty shitty until 28 days later came out, then people had a zombie revival (heh) and the games reflected that I think. Capcom probably not wanting to just say "we have running zombies now too" went the parasite route, and suddenly RE4 and onward where getting more action oriented. I wouldn't mind a step back into the goofy realm, but there are plenty of RE fans who are RE4 and onward that would be confused and probably dislike that. Unfortunately, sales come first.

It's using denuvo. Thus it's neither worth buying, nor pirating. Boycott denuvo!

Yeah that's true, and I think most people have had enough of the zombie apocalypse meme that's permeated so many games and movies, so going in a different direction is probably a good idea from a marketing perspective as well.

Everything I saw in the early footage with Pa Baker struck me as having a really dry, tongue in cheek sense of humor to it. Not blatant B-movie cheese like the old games, but black deadpan comedy where the monsters know it's all a joke. Think of Day of the Dead with Rhodes snarling "choke on 'em!" as he's getting pulled to pieces, or anything in Re-Animator where West is being completely glib about "proving" the dead cat in front of him is actually fucking dead.

But I haven't followed up on anything since the demo came to PC so I might be totally wrong. I also can't remember the last good horror movie with a sense of humor I saw and that really bums me out. Does Shin Godzilla count as a horror movie? I doubt it should, but…

If the game feels like Condemned 3: Louisiana Chainsaw Massacre went off the rails, I'll be pretty happy. I liked the REmakes just fine but a different approach with a drastically less stylized tone appeals slightly more than the action packed stuff we've had since RE4. (Not shitting on 4, but it did signal the end of survival horror games. Accidentally or not.)

Yeah. Not gonna let Denuvo stop me from having fun for the right price. I'd say "still better than a PS4 version" but this is the first goddamn time that stupid headset has ever looked appealing…

…fug. This keeps sounding better, not worse. I'm confused.

You're paying money to get an intrusive and restrictive DRM slapped on your system from the worst company in the history of DRM. You are a carcinogen.

Yeah that's pretty cool

Best ending

Second boss, or more accurately third boss battle. You don't have to but it saves on ammo, which you really need. You need to down him once so he go all bubbly then he opens up the chainsaws.

I've got the successful car battle version, but i'm thinking that you want the one were the old man drives instead.

Oh for anyone that's going to the pc version, be that legit or crack. Turn off reflections otherwise you're going to see an ass load of white dots.

100% accurate. It's heavy metal as fuck and is easily the coolest thing in a Resident Evil game since that Red 9 reloading animation from RE4.

It's not humorous at all. The closest thing, really, is the deadpan Down-Southisms that the Baker men will say to you sometimes, but really, the voice actors for them at least are fucking spot on. They sound believably crazy and absolutely seethe with hatred for you, and seeing as for the first few hours you have no idea why it really works. I can tell you for free that it does not feel like Condemned in any way. The melee combat is kinda floaty and isn't satisfying enough, aside from some scripted scenes vis a vis chainsaws with the boss etc. The player's head movement during melee swings looks great, though. The game is actually pretty good and I liked it. The first two thirds of the game feels very much like the older Resident Evils, in that you have limited space, and need to plan out your "run" from save box to save box: "I need this key, and i'll want to bring a gun and some ammo, but I should leave this much space for pickups", etc. There's plenty of optional exploration and fun puzzles, and two hidden weapons that take some doing to get, but they're really rewarding the over-under shotgun looks, sounds and feel awesome. The last third of the game is a real step back in quality, though: they force you to play as another character, with shitty weapons, shitty voice acting, in a shitty location. It isn't nearly as good as creeping through the house hoping not to run into Daddy

sage because i always hate when some jackass on Holla Forums writes some long winded epic on "HERES WHAT I THINK VALIDATE ME" but here i am

Basically this guy right here steals the show.
He's not "classic" type of cheese, he's just the right balance of serious insane, and "i can't believe this crazy ass motherfucker, this is hilarious" kind of insane.

-He tries to run you over with a fucking car in a tiny ass garage, over and over until the car is totaled.
-Gets lit on fire and doesn't even care.
-Grabs your gun and shoots himself in the goddamn head for shit and giggles.
-Breaks walls all over the place like he's the kool-aid man.
-Grabs a pair of scissor-chainsaw while exlaiming "groovy".
-Explodes until there's nothing left of him but his legs and STILL comes back as a mutated swamp monsters, trying to pancake you while screaming essentially STOP MESSING WITH MUH GIRLS, YOU'VE BEEN FUCKING WITH MY NEW DAUGHTERU AND NOW YOU'RE FUCKING WITH MY ORIGINAL DAUGHTER AS WELL, YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

I found him immensely entertaining, most fun character in the entire game by far.
Also he probably fucked every single other character at some point in his rape dungeon.

You have to disable your anti virus for the crack to work because it gives off a false positive

I will wait for the crack but I really want to play this.

Its pretty fucking tense and I got resi 1-3 vibes playing it but

dont touch it but worth a pirate when denuvo finally gets cracked

Its really nothing like resident evil, they could of released it as a new franchise.

It's true that it could've been a new IP entirely, however it's not true that it doesn't contain RE elements.
See

looks like a slow shitty FPS that any braindead casual can handle

Holla Forums manginas will love it

Here's a non-potato version with sound.

Is this guy indestructible like the alien from isolation or something ?? I've seen pointblank shots to the head do nothing to this guy in some videos.

yes, the puzzles and combat are a callback to the original games
that is in fact in the game and it is fun
I'd say about 40
played in vr and w/o both are fun, had to stop playing in vr when i was alone because I would forget sometimes and I broke shit

fucking this

this guy uploaded his entire playthrough if Holla Forums wants to see it

youtube.com/watch?v=I-eK4w2z17g

It is pretty good

May as well just post the full fight.

The person playing seems to know what they're doing, so why not pick up the car keys to get in the car and run over Jack to conserve more ammo? Wouldn't that strategy be more effective?

I made the recording myself. I've experimented with this fight for quite a while to see what might be the optimal outcome. On Madhouse difficulty, the car key is inside a locked tool box, which can be opened with a lockpick on the other side of the room.

If you spend the lockpick here to end the fight more quickly, you'll save some ammo. But if you save the lockpick and end the fight by fighting him, you'll get to access a locked box elsewhere. These boxes tend to have better rewards in them than compared to normal difficulty.

That sounds pretty interesting, actually.

It is RE-like. Mainly just in the exploration and item management very much like REmake. Bascially same deal with multiple buildings and keys for different sections. I'm only 3 hours in. I'm just glad they dropped multiplayer.

Looks like you actually played all the games.

shit I didn't know that, guess I wasted a lockpick

Why are people complaining about the length of the game. Older RE game can be beaten in like two hours.

Because it's 2017! Consumers demand more bang for their buck. You can't have a fighter with only 8 characters in the roster unless you're indie. You need over 30+ fighters in the game at launch, even if over half are just clones of other characters.

Also, it doesn't have much replay value like those older games. And the two endings have very little variation to them so a second run is pointless. I don't think many people can justify buying a game that they'll only play once for $60, no matter how good and well paced it is.

It is true. It's very good so far, the boss fights in particular being a big step up from most of the series.

I'm going to assume that people saying it isn't like an RE game either haven't played it on the hardest difficulty or haven't played it at all, because as I play through it I keep getting reminded of the first game.

This. Prices on games have gone up, too. RE2 was $30 when it was first released, yet has an insane amount of replay value and was designed well enough that you can either blow through the story mode in one sitting or take your time exploring and taking in the lore.

Am I the only one who thinks first person is the worst perspective for horror, besides maybe isometric? Surprise it ever caught on.

It's simply about being fair.
In my opinion this game is short, but well made.
Objectively speaking it's worth 20 bucks, not 60.

That's it.
If it was priced 20 bucks i'd have nothing to complain about, it's about money-to-content-ratio.

He reminded me of Trevor from GTA. Fucking fake-edgy shit.

I'm absolutely loving this game. Easily my favorite RE game since 4 so farcould get worse later on but we'll see. I love the new atmosphere, the guns feel nice especially the shotgun, the voice acting is fucking 10/10. Hearing old gramps screaming at you as he smashes through walls, or laughing like an absolute mad man as he's trying to run you down with a car in his tiny garage is just great.

Already looking forward to replaying it on madhouse difficulty.

No idea. As long as the game is fun enough to replay it I don't care how short it is. Hell RE4 is pretty short, and I've sunk hundreds of hours into it. Quality is more important than quantity to me. Guess we're just in a minority though since more and more games keep turning into mini-sandboxes with tons of pointless objectives.

I only learned after that fight that, if you get into the car with the car keys and there's enough distance between Jack and the car, you can drive it into him and beat the boss fight that way.

In a similar vein, in the tutorial boss fight against Mia in the attic, you can hide in the room where you find the handgun, keep opening the door while she's trying to saw it open, and after opening it about 4 times she runs around to saw down the wall behind you.

Between this kind of stuff and the chainsaw duel I'm really enjoying the bosses so far.

From all the webms I'm seeing this game actually doesn't seem that bad, I think we should make more of an effort to purchase it as a message to Capcom that these are the kinds of games we want.

How about no. Don't use "we" so casually like that. You can do whatever you want with your money like buying dreck like this.

Out of curiosity, why would you make the case for buying something on this forum? What do you think that will accomplish?
Ignoring your weird reasoning, the game isn't worth $80. It's comparable to Outlast or whatever other first person horror game, which often sell for $4 or so.

*$60 USD, I guess.

I don't think it's in Holla Forums best interest to buy this game at it's current full price.

Either buy it when it drops down to 20 bucks (and with DLCs included), or instead buy REmake 2 (if it comes out decent).

Additionally, they don't need "positive feedback", this thing already sold a metric fuckton.
Granted, most of the sales aren't from people that actually understand jack shit in terms of mechanics, they're sales from LPer followers and gimmicky "oh jumpscare so scary" types that can't mentally separate this game from any flash horror game on newsgrounds or something, but the end result is regardless positive: capcom got the message that people don't want RE 5-6 anymore.

He regenerates like nemesis.
Also, checked.

This is you

I don't know man, I didn't get to light an old spider ladies vagina on fire in Outlast.

What decides that? Not that I don't agree that 60 bucks it too much. 20 bucks seems a bit low when you think about what games that are 20 look like. I liked it when games were in that 40 range,.

What?

Experience.
After playing video games all my life i feel like i can objectively put a price on a video game depending on how much effort the team pumped into it, the quality and polish of the game itself, the length, the replay value.
If this game was longer, i wouldn't mind a 40 price range, but at it's current length it just doesn't reach the 40 mark.
More than 20, considering how long and how little content there's actually in the game, they're starting to steal your money, plain and simple.

It has SOME content and SOME replay value but not enough to bump it to 40.

Not you, read the linked post

I know, but i dont get what youre implying.
I find no equivalence between what you said and what the other user said, the game has more in common with older resident evil than call of duty.

If Call of Duty became about space combatNot that that wouldn't be an improvement shills like him would come out of the woodwork and claim it's not that different in the same way. It's like the sjw shills who claim they're fans of a series "but x y and z need to change". The bottom line is this is not Resident Evil

How short is the game when you compare it to the odler RE games? I remember playing RE4 at least 4-7 times. And fuck knows how many times I played RE1 and 2. I only played 3 once then stopped on my 2nd go.
I hated 5, but I still played that twice and fuck 6.

Everyone here seem pretty mixed about the game though. When it drops in price I might give it a try. It looks like it's well made, but I've been burned by Capcom before.

And in the case of what you're saying, a lot of games I see that are 20 bucks should be lower. Makes me wonder at the same time how cheap they can sell game for and still make money off it at all. I still agree it might be too much for what it is. Looks more like outlast than an RE game too.

Did you even read what he said or are you just going to imply implications?

Simply put it's a good new direction compared to RE5 and 6.
It's a pretty good game, but too short.

Holla Forums has mixed feelings about it because Holla Forums wants tank controls fixed camera 2D backgrounds classic RE.
For that, Holla Forums will have to wait for REmake 2, assuming they don't go the RE4 route with that instead.

Now here's an hilarious scenario:
Technically speaking you could remake all of RE2, as RE7 style.
If THAT is what Capcom is actually planning, then Holla Forums will fucking lose their shit and the entire board will have a collective meltdown and it's going to be funny as shit to watch it all unfold.

So does the game have any "normal" enemies or is it just bossfights?

It has normal enemies.
They spawn in certain areas, die permanently when you kill them.
They take more damage by headshots (there's also insects, they take more damage by fire).

As you advance trough the story old areas will repopulate with enemies, and new enemies will spawn in areas that had no enemies before, it happens in "story triggers", like the other RE games.
Additionally when you beat the game you unlock "madhouse" difficulty that increases the number of enemies, their damage, their AI, and makes new ones spawn where they didn't spawn before.

They're not visually interesting, they're basically just people made of mold and mud.
But they're really satisfying to take out if you headshot them, as their head fucking explode, in classic RE fashion.

It has:
>quick, weak, four legged zombies they're actually called the Molded but whatever that can jump on walls or ceilings to throw you off
Off the top of my head. That doesn't seem like much on paper, but you have to deal with them all in very different ways, and that coupled with the variety in locations and level design keeps encounters feeling fresh throughout the game.

Is that an unlock? My brother was able to pick Madhouse as soon as he got the game, I'm pretty sure.

Madhouse is the best way to play RE7 regardless, imo.

Madhouse was an early preorder unlock.

Yes.
It's unlocked by default if you preordered or something like that.
Pretty much, it tweakes the game to be even closer to old RE titles.
Have to carry around tapes to save, so it reverts back to a limited saves system, etc.

Ah right, my bad. He had it preloaded the night before, so that explains it.

Are you saying to play Madhouse at all you need to pre-order the game or to play it first? I knew those faggots might try some shit like this. Classic Capcom.

pre-order to unlock it immediately instead of having to play through first.

If you preordered it's unlocked by default.
If you didn't preorder you just beat the game once and it unlocks.

Nobody ever cracks the games people want with denuvo

If you pre-order it, you have "Madhouse" already unlock. For normal players, you have to beat the game first.

Classic Capcom in the fact that they're willing to kill off their fanbase for another, yes.

residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Baker_family

Has all the info you need on the Baker family. Explains why they can do what they can do. I was curious after seeing all the footage and wanted to read up.

Dude reminds me of a man whose acid trips went extremely wrong

sage for offtopic, but ">muh e-celeb" isn't really an argument.

See

This game is terrible and only 9 hours long its pretty much outlast with guns and tiny amounts of inventory management

I wonder if he hates how much his homeland is being raped. Didn't he move to the US or something? Does he really think this stuff or is he being "ironic" about it?

Doesn't look like a game I'd replay.

I bet you're in the Holla Forums steam group too.

I dont support denuvo. If it didnt have denuvo, I probably would get it as it looks pretty fun from letsplays i've seen. But i refuse to support any game that comes with Denuvo.

I think it's safe to say it's half and half.

If he was being ironic I don't think he'd mention himself being white is a problem for the juden. So he's clearly got a problem with SJW horseshit, check the youtube heroes response he had.

The other half is I think he's bored, so he's trying to be more edgy with his humor, and Holla Forums laps that shit up because Holla Forums operates primarily on humor.

He moved from Sweden to Italy, then from Italy to England where I think he lives now.
If he's redpilled enough to be aware of it, I'm sure he does. Even if he's not fully redpilled, he's sowing the seeds of resentment against political correctness and the lugenpresse into Gen Z, which will in the long run work in our favor.

ironically joking about that stuff is how Holla Forums started. if he doesn't think that stuff yet, he's on a path that will lead him to eventually.

That was pretty funny.

I guess so. Well it's going to be fun seeing where this goes regardless. Still won't watch the guys stuff though.

I would say, he's most likely well aware of it. But since Swedes don't generally talk about this shit in public due to fear of losing jobs and friends, you might never know.

What we do know is that lügenpresse's polls show that the anti-immigration party is basically the biggest one in the country if we were supposed to have an election right now, and the polls have always underestimated them, so it's kinda wrong to say swedes in general aren't pissed off about it.

There is one? And I got the game for half off so it was a good price for the experience. Wish it was more big but it is a budget experimental game for AAA though

I imagine anyone that really gives a fuck about their country feels that way.
sage since I keep going off topic

Look, it's a different direction compared to RE 5 and 6, but it's not experimental.

RE7 in terms of core mechanics really is nothing more than first person RE1, with RE4 elements.
That's it.
From a marketing point of view it's presented as a jumpscare VR bait casual lure, so there's nothing experimental there too.

Capcom doesn't do "experimental".
Capcom just does the same shit over and over again rearranging the same pieces for decades, every time they try to do something different they always fuck up because they don't have a single clue about breaking the mold anymore, any and all creative energy and "thinking outside the box" types they ever had died when they closed down Clover.

So no, there's nothing "experimental" about RE7.
They took your toys out of the box, rearranged them, put them back in the box, and suddently everyone freaks the fuck out and thinks this an entire radically different game and silly shit like that.
All the pieces are still there, you just have to focus and look at the mechanics for a second.

I got it after seeing some people playing it online. I saw up to the first boss fight and a little past.

The boss fight is what nailed it for me, the way the first guy acted toward you, and the way the fight goes.

There are 2 ways to have the fight go out, one is straight, still gives the guy a lot of character, the other is the funniest shit I have ever seen in my entire life.

Another thing that clenched it for me is the locations, the main building that the villains are in don't look like a psycho villains lair, yes there are some strange shit for unlocking doors, but then you get to corner shelf and its a dedicated sports memorabilia area that is still cared for. The guys have toast on the kitchen table, chips on the counter.

It looks like an actual place a person would live, yes the person is a serial killer so there are fucked up areas and scenes, but I swear to god if you were in on what they were doing you would be ordered to wipe your feet on the welcome mat before coming into the main room.

It's interesting to note that RE7 is censored in Japan, though it wouldn't be the first time. The deputy's head stays intact, and Ethan doesn't have to stick his hand into the body to get the snake key. It's just there on the table next to the head.

Demo managed to be better than the final product. Fuck, it was even less linear. In the final product everything lies in front of your eyes and you don't need to actually search for anything.

Not quest important objects, but you do find extra items and resources by looking around the place.

Have nobody noticed they guy clipped through the crane?

I dunno some of what you have said is true. But there is the focus on smaller area thing going on which one could say is bad or good depending on taste.

So this RE felt small I don't mean spin off small or just fucking around a town small. I mean its small, its smaller in the feeling of even RE1 even if its just a copy of RE1 and 4. Plus it having a good enough 3 arch system, where arch 1 and 2 is horror and puzzle, the third is action and everything is laid upon you.
So it makes it feel larger in scope when you come to the 3rd act, but even then its small or linear to a point where you don't get the omg feeling this is big or huge, or trying to be huge like RE6.

What I'm trying to say is that its open but linear, kinda why you have early speedruns that take 2 hours or so on easy.
My first playtrough took me 10 hours and have most things memorized because its not that big, its weird on how small it really is.

Never change, Holla Forums.