ITT Good openworld vidya

ITT Good openworld vidya
Bonus points if your character isn't a melon muncher.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4-fTGIvgAms
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragon's dogma.

The best open world I know is asscreed unity. Shit story and release aside, their Paris is the real deal. There's stuff to do besides collecting like finding oddities in the map to solve riddles, partaking in murder mysteries, most historical monuments can be entered and a fair bit are not even featured in the story.

Played them, got anything else? I just want to roam around, appreciate the vista and occasionally take a high caliber weapon and fire to said vista.

How well does it run?

Imagine 3rd person Crysis with entirely destructable enviroments and you being able to tackle objectives however you want. Have to rescue hostages? Ram into a wall of the enemy building with a truck and take the hostages with you, or stealthily kill every enemy from a distance. There's barely any story to keep you engaged with the gameplay as a bonus.

UnReal world

Shit graphics and mostly menu based but the only game that let's you pack a tent and tools on reindeers and roam around a fuck-huge wilderness to trap pelt-game

Gothic 2. Good luck getting it running, though.

Wasteland and Starflight, nice. Glad to see some old school CRPG love ITT.

Aw shit, there goes my week.

Would culturally enrich the reds again / 10

Decent waifu too.

Implying what, exactly? Got my scurv approved gold version and it installs and runs without a hitch.

Saints Row 2 is good too.

I'd sugest you just get the OG Carnivores 2 though, its free and has plenty of mods.

It's a very beautiful open world. Shame the fast travel sucks for finishing quests fast so I'd rather use the car and listen to the songs while I quickly grab a snack or fap.

You could try divinity 2, it's a bit like dragon's dogma, worse at gameplay, better at world and RPG mechanics.

forgot my rage

Not much of a rage then, is it?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R, not truly open but still. Go roam in the Zone

Also Dying Light was fun if you want to bash zombie heads.

The Witcher 3 is pretty good. Pirated it a week ago and it's actually really well made.

What's the hook to this game, exactly?

I thought tracking and exploring would be interesting, but they just made everything look the same and slapped a color coded heatsensor on it.

This is easily the best game on the Wii U.
The amount of costumes, custom cars and building and shit you can do is crazy.

This is also coming to PC

It was still a great exclusive for 3 years

Is Hulk: UD literally the best superhero game of all time?

enjoy your 30 fps abandonware

Morrowind and the witcher 3 is also worth a try. You probably already tried these games before though since they are not exactly obscure.

You guys anything in the same vein but more artic-y/snowy and survival or "scary" setting? I dont know why really, but I find industrial settings in open world games to be bland and boring, but isolated snowy(+forested) areas to be scarier and more intimidating, especially at night… in most open world games, especially those that favor industrial settings, I just feel like I'm putzing around a giant trash bin most of the time hoping some steel mill worker decided to leave me his last tin of vienna sausages and a copy of playboy so I have something to trade to an NPC that will inevitably have built a ramshackle shop out of plywood and cement bricks. Meanwhile in more snowy settings maybe I'll find a little tent town of people half frozen to death, or maybe the only guy to trade with will be some random dude in a shack whose gone half insane from isolation

That went on for a bit to long, but you get the point, I find snowy-isolation-survival stuff to be more tense/scary/w.e and gets me into the game better… I just cant ever seem to FIND much in that area of game design

Is Far Cry Primal any good? I'm reading the Earth's Children series ATM and it's fucking great and it's got me in the mood for some caveman survival.

I dare you to sneak thru Pripyat and not get spooked as some mutant howls around the corner or that monolith chucklefuck takes a sudden potshot with a anti material rifle.

If you must play it on expert/survival and kill all the crutches. Shit gets old real fast though.

Great, it is that Holla Forumstard with shit taste. Farcry Primal is shit by the virtue of having Ubisoft's typical quality assurance, none. Skyrim is also shit by the virtue of having Bethesda's quality assurance, "Mods would fix it!" They never do.

Took you long enough

I mean that its bordered areas to explore, while not one big chunk of a map. Still lets you come and go as you please however. And Zone is a magnificent place to explore and be in.

Dunno about you guys, but I think Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands looks pretty interesting so far. Might wanna keep an eye out for that one.

Here's a gameplay-video:
youtube.com/watch?v=4-fTGIvgAms

Does look interesting though, I`l you that. Hopefully the UI will have plenty of options (at least on the PC version) . Also hopefully the mod for the second upgrade three does not take to long.

Personally I would suggest The Sabotuer and Just Cause 2. I suprised how Just wasn't mentioned till now.

Am trying to download it but hot damn, there are no seeders for these torrents.

This place really is full of Nintoddlers and Soniggers :^)

There's that mod for FO4 that guts out everything but the combat, then makes it an arctic survival game.
Can't remember it's name, but there was a thread this week, so other anons may recall it's name.

worst pacing in game ive seen in a long time

Whenever I see this boxart, my immediate reaction is to think 'why is Gordon Brown bullying a child?'.

Grand Theft Auto V is the best in terms of world scale and attention to detail
Welcome to the open world-focused genre!

Tbh I really enjoyed GTAV: particularly in first person.

I enjoyed it too, in fact I put more hours into it than any other GTA game and I've been playing since Vice City. But that doesn't stop turbo-autists from nitpicking at tiny shit and calling it worse than GTA IV

not when gta gameplay is the open world

Pretty much anything by bethesda from Morrowind and above. Daggerfall as well if you have enough autism to handle it.

bethesda games, atleast the newer ones are overglorified ubishit games

forgot to check

Now you've pointed it out he does look pretty similar.

Who cares what autists think? It's undeniably an impressive benchmark in gaming, regardless of whether one enjoys the gameplay. I hadn't really enjoyed a GTA game since 3, but thought 5 blew the majority of games out the water.

My nigga, my nigga.

Spent days playing Hulk and Ultimate Spiderman