What is left for Kamiya now that his dream project is cancelled?

What is left for Kamiya now that his dream project is cancelled?

I'm gonna need a source on fucking scalebound being anyone's dream project.

Im glad SB was cancelled.
As soon as it came out that Microsoft was interfering with the design process and not just letting Kamiya make is "little girl & dragons" game I knew it was going to be a disaster.

Speaking of Crapcom relations and Dragons, when are we going to see what's next for Dragon's Dogma? Jesus I love that game and the man behind it must have some awesome visions for videogames.

He only has bayonetta only the first one, mind you and wonderful 101 comes to mind

What about Viewtaful Joe and Okami? Kamiya really doesn't have too much under his belt does he?

Not a huge fan of Viewiful Joe the bosses can be a bit weird and doing stupid gay "puzzles" is fucking gay, I know it's to break up the pace but I like the usual random shump/totallynotpunchout than stupid gay shit and haven't played Okami, along with the fact that he hasn't answered what really is the definitive version of Okami.

I personally like Kenji Saito a lot more because I liked Metal Gear Rising Revengance and Transformers Devastation, although his style is more casual if you compare him with Kamiya's ways of games

Pretty much. This way his idea won't be ruined by a completely shit game. Maybe he'll even be able to make something like he originally wanted one of these days.

I really didn't like DD. But playing it, something told me that I was playing something which was just a fraction of what was desired to be there.

Well, DDON wouldn't be so bad if it didn't force players into a soul crushing grind after 95% of the main quest is done for the sake of trying to extend the life of the endgame. Mechanically speaking, I find it rather satisfying. It's just the shit you have to put up with outside of the gameplay itself. Requiring 90 of like three different mats that you're only guaranteed to get 3 or 4 of at the end of a dungeon run to make one piece of gear to get you toward endgame is horse shit.

I'm hoping Capcom pushes DMC5 before a 2nd DD, though, unless it has 2-player coop, so 2 mates and their pawns can go on adventures together.

Nice.

That's what it was supposed to be? That sounds way fucking better than the bland shit they were showing. With how much hype Nier has, it'd probably be a giant hit.

Pretty much, main protagonist was originally planned to be a young girl, Microsoft made him change it to the "not-donte" we see in the game.

u r 1 cheeki cunt m8

My only gripe with DD other than the shit framerate it had on consoles was the fact that I couldn't enjoy the continent and bossfights with a friend like I would in a game like, say Monster Hunter. DDON is tolerable and if you actually get some friends or find a guild suitable you can actually have some fun running around. Like I said, though. The grind and number crunching that goes along with the MMORPG aspect of it fucks it over, though, as if your weapons aren't up to snuff you're going to have a hell of a time killing anything five levels above you.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Dream project? Seriously? Did you even see Kamiya's deadpan announcement of Scalebound at E3? Guy looked like he was on stage because someone threatened to kill his dog if he didn't.

Honestly I think the original game must of been legit cool but MS cucked the game hard and killed all his passion either way let's hope he simply teams up with Moonman like this so we can have our dream Drakengard game.

He was the director on Resident Evil 2 and the original Devil May Cry.

As for main topic I'm guessing he'll look for a new publisher. As for who will pick it up who knows. Sony might be mad enough to do it as they seem to throw money at anything if it means keeping their "savior of videogames" facade among the mainstream gamers/media. SquareEnix might also be canidate as I remember they actually salvaged Sleeping Dogs after Activision cancelled True Crime: Hong Kong. Probably more likely if Nier Automata sells well.

Reminder that Kamiya wanted to actually remove jumping from DMC

He is nothing but a has been hack whose appeal lies purely in spectacle which is shown by his games being focused entirely around set pieces and QTE fests.

Source?

b-b-b-b-b-but Kamiya is like Phil Fish! he doesn't deserve respect! and-and he makes shitty weeb games!!

Move Scalebound's assets to a new game on the Switch or PC is the best solution I can come up with. Make the dream without being Xboned.

Block the world.

He was the fucking director. Don't spew that fucking garbage. Just because he might have brought up the idea of removing jumping doesn't mean he wanted jumping gone.
He's the director, he's the fucking boss. He didn't design the combat, but if he WANTED anything anywhere, he would have had ordered it do be fucking done.

He learned when he fucked up his first attempt at RE2 that he can't just let everyone in the team shove all their ideas into the project, and that he has to put his foot down and have things done his way.

Probably over to Sony to make the same game with new names. They seem to have a thing going with Nier Automata. Maybe even the Switch, they get on well with Nintendo.