THE RINGED CITY

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/83M79
youtu.be/4lmEqpgg3B4?t=1m15s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hope it'll be longer than the first.

Poise fix when?
Magic made viable when?

When will the price be low enough to finally consider getting?

Zero is a pretty low number.

After re-re-release.

soulsfag will line up to be fleeced yet again

And the wall just became twenty feet tall.

That's what I love to see, more bullshit grab attacks that teleport the player to the boss's hand.

Just looks like a lot of re-used assets rolled together like a katarami, for fucks sake FROM, at this point it'd be better if you literally spit in our faces and didn't release a second DLC at all.

How else are you going to make it big on twitch and youtube without playing what everyone else is playing?

the broken egg/orb thing reminds me of a ds1 vagrant

Yeah I have to agree.

Also her eyes are like the Deacons with that tree like shit coming out of them.

Some DS2 connections by the looks of it.

Seems like it will use a lot of assets from the main game. On the plus side, I appreciate the fact that it's a continuation of the story from Asses of Ariana Grande.
The boss looks like one of those lanky Anor Londo demons raging on steroids and I imagine the woman with the broken orb (which I suspect is a egg) is the painter's mother.

Was about to mention that as well.

Blueballed out of Londor/Age of Deep again. [AUTISTIC SCREECHING]

Won't be playing it because the core game was not to my taste.

I might have been hasty. We might get a taste of Londor. That building might be the fabled Sable Church. KInda matches the design of the Moron Blade and those things look like the Sword of Avowal.

Now we just need the outfit to go with it

Who gives a shit anymore? The game is boring as fuck anyways.

But it's the only soulsborne user.

not this time, I was tricked into getting the season pass and I don't think I'll play this one considering how Little I liked the first dlc and the base game

Doesn't Bloodborne also count as a soulsborne?

soulsborne is the unholy mix of down to earth paced, strategic well thought out combat based medieval high fantasy themed games with the shit that was bloodborne.

I was waiting for all the DLC to come out before I bought them, how many more are there going to be?

ah, I see. My bad, then.

Season Pass description has stated from the getgo that there were only going to be 2 DLCs.

And they announced a complete/goty edition, the fire fades edition, that will supposedly bundle the game and dlcs in one package.

Only two were announced.

From the steam store season pass description:

But I wouldn't be surprised if they made another goty edition like they did with das2, with all new terrible enemy placements

Holy shit, I just looked it up, I can't believe I've never seen or heard of these

[AUTISTIC SCREECHING]

But Gwyn isn't undead, user. He's a god, he can't be an undead.

Gwyn's hollow, and therefore he's undead. That's how it works, right?

50/50 chance it's Londor. The reason I'm on the fence is because of the Morion Blade item description.

"A twisted sword resembling the towers of Londor's Sable Church. Eight branching blades and thorns induce bleeding."

The picture of the Morion Blade doesn't resemble that tower concept art, but for all we know From Software just hasn't shown those Londor towers yet.

The Undead Curse is related to the Dark Soul, which Gods do not have. Only descendants of the Furtive Pigmy have shards of the Dark Soul, and can therefore get the curse.

Gods are based around the Light Soul, held by Gwyn. Witches are based around the Life Soul, held by the Witch of Izalith.

The reason Gwyn has hollowed is because he has been burning his soul as kindling for the First Flame for a very long time, and there's very little left. The Light Soul turned him from a pigmy into Gwyn, and it's all but gone.

The whole thing kinda looks like a composite world like the Paradiso chapters in Bayonetta. I noticed that the revised first area also had a Sword of Avowal along with a bunch of crystals.
We'll see. Might not even have to wait until it's out because these jackasses might as well put the ending on the trailer.

Besides the Desert Sorceress stuff, the bit with the lightning bow made me wonder if that's not Nashandra's bow and the costume itself reminded me of the Skeleton Lord costume. Maybe they'll toss a bone to the people who liked DaS2 (say what you will of the game but the fashion was top notch).

Folks are speculating the huge chick might be Ocelotte's mother/Queen of Lothric.

Yes and no. Hollowing occurs when you lose your unique soul, not just by it being taken but also fading naturally even when properly dead. This is why the likes of the Nameless King is near hollow because his unique soul is very old and almost faded away. He was near complete dead until you ring the bell of awakening.

This also brings me to the point that so many people seem to miss/forget is that the bells reanimate all soul beings no matter how faded their soul is. If there's anything that's a curse it's those bells.

Should have checked lordranandbeyond first.

I haven't played DS3 yet, so I didn't know that.

Are they ripping off the tower of barbs?

I don't recall ever reading about these things in the item descriptions, or hearing about them from NPC dialogue. I know the intro movie mentions the Dark Soul, and the Artorias DLC sort of implied that the Dark Soul was shattered into hundreds of thousands of pieces, and make up Humanity. Where does it talk about these other two things? I know Gwyn's souls, the Izalith soul, and Nito's souls as the Lord Souls, which are supposed to be fragments of the first flame itself.
No, I don't think that's the case. The furtive pygmy was the progenitor of the human race, and it's clear that Gwyn, his children, Artorias and Gwyn's Knights, and the giants are something different entirely. They're like a race of super beings that just so happen to take the appearance of humans. Anyway, to be hollow is the eventual curse of the undead, so even if Gwyn isn't a human and is merely being preserved by the First Flame, it's still evident that he's afflicted with the curse.

This is why I hate "lore". People take shit and warp it all out of proportion.

That reminds me I still need to beat this game.

The one with the lightning bow has an attire similar to Gwyndolin attire from DS1.

Black haired lady is most definitely Gertrude, not sure if the 2nd pic is supposed to be the Angels mentioned along with her

All souls are flames even the dark soul. As for the curse itself it's really confusing what cursing is meant to be. It raises the question if NPC's call humans cursed as a derogatory term. You also have basilisk's who curse you that take half your health. Having your world cursed by Gravelord Servants causes new enemies to appear that hit harder and in DS2 being cursed constantly causes your health bar to shrink in size. The only thing the curse does consistently is that it makes you weaker. In fact as a side note having more soft humanity in DS1 increases your resistances which strengthen the point that the more souls you have the great your strength and resistances you have, to have few souls is to be cursed.

Wait, people even care about the stories of these games? I thought that they were enjoyed because of their gameplay, i completed DS1 and i cant remember a single thing about its story, it was there but it wasn't important.

For me I like story, I just hate it when it gets in the way of the gameplay like nearly all the Zelda games.

There was story in ds1, it wasn't even bad. DS2 is the one that just has no story.

Need more souls.

No, it's when your soul has faded. Hollow is the natural state of both Gods and Humans without their Light or Dark Souls. Gwyn has sacrificed most all of his to the First Flame to keep it burning, thus he is Hollow.

That's a hell of a unique theory, but I can see it. I don't think the Nameless King is hollowed, though, just hella old. And there's the question of if Archdragon Peak actually takes place in the same time period at all or if it's got some wonky-ass meditation time travel bullshit applied to it.

They're just Souls games. Bloodborne is one of them even if the combat pacing is wildly different. Soulsborne as a term needs to die.

But if you got the season pass and they keep releasing shitty dlcs, they've already tricked you completely?

Hollowing is the eventual "death" of an undead. All undead are stricken with the curse, and to become hollow is to lose one's will to continue existing and lose one's mind and soul. The basilisks that billow smoke at you can afflict a status ailment, which is also referred to as a curse, but it's not related to the "curse of the undead".

If anything, it's unclear why Humanity prevents the accumulation of the curse. Not only that, but every character you meet in Lordran is undead, and they all fear the eventual hollowed state. When they go hollow, you can kill them and they'll never return, which implies that they've suffered a permanent "death". However, the streets of the Berg are littered with hollows who appear every time you rest at a bonfire. So, what of Crestfallen Warrior, Big Hat Logan and his apprentice, Rhea of Thorolund, and the rest who go hollow? Did you "kill them for good" or did they reanimate at the last bonfire that they rested at? Are they still somewhere in Lordran, or did they return to their homelands? Maybe they're lost to the dimensional rift of space and time?

(checked)
got any more of these satan?

And of course Dark Souls 3 is going to keep on pretending DS2 doesn't exist outside of a few armor sets and weapons.

I mean, damn Miyazaki, I understand the game wasn't amazing but it wasn't that bad. In some respects it's better than 3. Why do you have such a hate boner over it?

But 2 was the worst of the Soulsbornes.

You have it backwards. Hollows are the originals, Gwyn is a God because he has a Light Soul. "From the depths, they came, and found the Souls of Lords." Gwyn kept the Light Soul and distributed pieces of it to a few others - the kings of New Londo, the Nameless King, Gwyndolin, Gwynevere, probably the other gods like Flan too. Meanwhile, the Furtive Pygmy distributed his into humanity, leaving them substantially weaker and more prone to hollowing, but with strength in numbers.

You can look at Gwyn in the final battle of DS1 and see that he's hollowed. That's why he blindly charges you at the start of his fight, just like every Hollowed human during the course of the game: his Light Soul has gotten weak and he's reverted, mentally, to the hollow he was originally.

The "curse" never was a curse, it's just the Dark Soul growing too dispersed from too many humans. Or, if you want to take the "brighter the flame, the darker the shadow" seriously and assume that the strength of both is linked, then the Light Soul getting weaker results in the Dark Soul getting weaker as well.

An 8/10 amidst 9/10s is still a good game. And DS2 got magic, healing, dual wielding, and poise much better than DS3. Not to mention it was ambitious enough to strike out on its own instead of hiding in the shadow of its predecessor like DS3 is with DS1

Yay more reused assets from bloodborne, that scream was from Orphan of Kos just slowed down some.

ds2 is a 6.5/10 at best.

Supposedly, it's the other way around. Which is why the games all talk about the Age of Fire/Gods vs. the Age of Dark/Man and not a return to the times of the gray lands, everlasting dragons, and archtrees.

In the Dark ending to DS1, you're hailed by Kaathe and the other primordial serpents as the Dark Lord.

The reason Gwyn linked the fire in the first place was to delay/avoid the Age of Dark for as long as possible.

That would be easier to believe if DS2 wasn't rife with references to DS1, the Warriors of Sunlight covenant and the Old Dragonslayer being the worst offenders.

At least it has DaS1 combat, unlike DaS3. Bloodborne fags need to go back to bloodborne and stop corrupting Dark Souls with their shit gameplay.

Hollowing occurs because you lost the divine spark, either the dark soul ie Humanity, or the first flame.

The bell of awakening has nothing to do with the Curse of the Undead.

If anything the gods themselves made it to get people to burn their Humanity to prolong the first flame.
Its said int he very beginning that they are in relation to each other, so as Humanity the Dark Soul decreases the first flame grows.

That wasn't even a joke or funny, you retard.

You're technically correct, but your semantics are wrong. There is no such thing as a light soul. The souls Gwyn, The Witch and Nito picked up are called lord souls.

Release DS2? I'll agree with you. But after patches, DLC, and SotFS it became substantially better. The same can be said about DS3. On release it was kinda meh because of weapon balance and no poise. Now with some patches we have decent weapon balance (but still no poise because for some retarded reason Miyazaki wants Bloodborne Souls).

It has references to DS1, sure. It is a sequel after all. But it still has a narrative and a world that is more compelling than just "Dark Souls 1.5" Yes, it uses the recycling of Lord Souls as a plot point, but it doesn't get to the point where you see the reincarnation of Gwyn as the final boss.

It had dark souls combat because B team only copy what A team do, ds2 was utterly broken with the best weapons lying around the start of the game and the css ring +1 near the start of the game completely broke the already shit game and turned it into a unchallenging slog of shit, bad enemy design and bad level design.

Same can be said for DaS1 and the black knight sword
But then thats the chance of variety
We all know your kind like the linear experience, makes it easier for you to know what to do
Thats why its good DaS3 railroads you on your weapon options

DS2 has this thing called balance where almost every play style is viable. Just because you can use the first weapons to take you through the game doesn't mean they're the best. This isn't DS1 where you can just go to the catacombs for the great scythe and use it to carry you through the game.

The Dark Soul is part of the first flame like every other soul in the game.

As for the bell of awakening, I didn't say it has anything to do with the curse of the undead, I said if there's anything that's a curse it's those bells, because you know being risen from your grave when you want to be dead is a curse in my mind.

You can't be definitely sure about that. We don't know whether or not Gwyn ascended to "Godhood" directly as a result of the dawn of the First Flame. It seems to me that the intro cinematic implies that Gwyn was already an established leader of his Kingdom, and that the world had already progressed to some state of industry and order. However, all we know is that Gwyn, along with the Witches of Izalith and Nito, were around to take the Flame's power for themselves. For all we know, the furtive pygmy was a degenerative form that some God being was stricken with.
Where does it explicitly say that the Lord Souls are "Light Souls"? They're implied to be fragments of the First Flame, and they're only ever referred to as the "Lord Soul", as far as I can recall.
Speculation. How do you know exactly how the curse of the undead, and subsequent hollowing, operates? How do you know that it doesn't afflict more than humans? How do you know specifically that because Gwyn decided to link the First Flame that he was bound to become hollow? What I'm saying is, we can't be definitively sure about anything because there's just not enough information to come to any meaningful conclusion. All we can gleam is that he's clearly hollow, and that is an indication that hollowing doesn't just effect humans
This sounds like speculation. There's many things we don't know about the nature of the Dark Soul, being undead, and Humanity's various forms. All we know is that, for some reason, there are some people in the kingdoms surrounding Lordran that won't die. They're considered abnormal, and being undead is itself considered a curse. The people in the surrounding kingdoms are using Lordran as a sort of quarantine zone, because they don't know how to handle this issue. They don't know what causes one to become undead, they don't know the repercussions of this "disease". Does it spread like some sort of plague? Is it even a physical ailment that humans can treat and comprehend? The people in these places are not likely technologically advanced enough to analyze and research this phenomenon in such a way that would provide them with any meaningful answers.

Why does humanity stave off the curse? Is there a way to revert hollowing once you've become fully hollow? Is there a cure to this ailment? Why is it that Gods seem to be capable of hollowing? What causes one to become hollow? Is it merely a strenuous burden upon an individual's psyche, or a complete submission to despair, that brings about the affliction, or is there some other force at work that we have yet to discover? None of these questions are answered, and you'd need some extensive explanations for all of them and more before you can start coming to definitive conclusions about anything.

Again, this is why I hate lore.

You mean like how you could get any of the ASS, Great Scythe, Zweihander, BKS, Winged Spear and Estoc within 15 minutes of leaving the Asylum?

The reason people are calling Gwyn's soul the Light Soul is that they want it to represent the opposite of the Dark Soul, similar to why they call the Witch's the Life Souls and Nito's the Dead Soul. People just like dualities.

Hopefully someone does a DSIII complete pack to torrent after the DLC hits.

I'll also go ahead and say this will still be short but at least longer than AoA.

Yeah, I can understand that, but that just muddles the already complicated and abstract series of terms we're dealing with here.

The second half of Soul of Cinder is a reincarnation of Gwyn.

The Dark Sigil implies that a curse is put on, branded if you will.

Yeah I agree it muddles it.

Poise has been fixed since the first DLC.

More or less, it's the just the soul of gwyn, the most powerful of all in the soul of cinder, making its last stand to protect the flame.

Yes he can. The opening cinematic is explicit in showing that everything outside of the eternal dragons existed as hollows. Gwyn's kingdom didn't form until after he had defeated the dragons and ushered in the age of fire. This is fact.

He's confusing that term with the Lord Souls.

Because it's again, explicitly said to us. Everything with a soul can go hollow, and we were again shown that these people existed as hollows before the first flame gave them souls. But we are told that only humans are afflicted with the undead curse.

What he described is said in game, albeit by an untrustworthy source - Kaathe. In that sense it isn't speculation as much as it is a possible lie.

Because they're told to. Whether it's in their best interest or not is up for debate, but they do it because they were told it was a "curse."

Gods can hollow by losing their souls. Humans hollow by losing their humanity, or their fragment of the dark soul. They lose their sanity and become completely "hollow" (like the enemies we fight in game) when they lose their purpose or will to continue to live. We see this in game when characters leave Firelink Shrine for various reasons. They either give up on their quest and go hollow, or complete their quest and go hollow because they have nothing further left to give meaning to their lives.

You sure do write a lot for someone who hates the lore.

that's the joke.

so is it londor?

The hollows didn't exist until the advent of the first flame, from which they were born, and found their souls. One of them found the dark soul and spread it to all other hollows who didn't take lord souls, making them human.

As for the undead curse, remember that not everyone in dark souls is actually cursed. Siegmeyer of catarina and probably his daughter weren't, which is why you can find his corpse in ash lake.

Probably

Why do you keep assuming I love DS3 you autistic faggot.

could be

lol the great scythe is hidden in an area that is hard as fuck to navigate for new players Ds2 leave the greatsword and the dragontooth lying around in the first few areas for you to find.

I'd say I can't believe there are people on Holla Forums with such shit taste that they'd defend Ds2 but then again the front page is riddled with generals of shit games.

Not an argument.

Siegmeyer is cursed, that much is confirmed in-game. Sieglinde, however, isn't. She made it to the Duke's Archives and Ash Lake on her own.

Sieglinde at one point says:

dark souls 2 is the best one, though
it has the best exploration and the most varied, but still viable gameplay styles

No it's the basis of yours you meme spouting moron.

Hmm, maybe my memory is fucked then. That does beg the question as to why you can see his body though and it hasn't just fizzled away to the last bonfire he was at.

lol

More official screenshots here. Someone post them because the device I'm using limits the size I can download them at.

imgur.com/a/83M79

Curse part of the curse of the undead was beaten in ds2. They dont need to go hollow anymore. They chose to because of jew-snakes.
But the curse of the undead in general is to be unable to die no matter what.

Hollow is the natural state of humanity if you count age of dragons as starting point of the universe. Fire changed it so humans can live and can die. The weaker the fire the less life and death humans have. People must be able to die so they can live.
Hollows find souls in the 1st place. look for ds1 intro
Fire.
Because they are the same as regular humans but they have bigger souls. THe dragons and trees on the other hand are different in theory.
No reasons to live and inability to die.
Philosophical question, no real explanation is possible except known cases of hollowing. In all cases it was despair and lack of reasons to live.

youtu.be/4lmEqpgg3B4?t=1m15s
So you're going to tell me that those aren't hollows? Unless you mean to imply that they didn't "exist" at all until the advent of the first flame. Which I suppose is probably correct, the narrator describes them as born from the dark. But even so, it's obvious they were hollow before they took the souls from the first flame.

And yes, not everyone in the game is hollow. The way of white dude isn't, for instance. But I don't see how that's relevant. Not every human is cursed, but only humans can be cursed.

You mean like the Zweihander that you can get within a minute of entering Firelink?
You mean the weapon you need to invest 50 in strength to be able to use?

Pretending to be retarded is still being retarded.

No. Nowhere does it explicitly state anything of the sort. The opening cinematic merely states that, "In the age of ancients, the world was unformed…but then there was fire, and with fire came disparity". That is not explicit.
You're missing the point. He said that, "Gwyn is hollow because he sacrificed himself to the Flame" and that isn't necessarily the case. For all we know, Gwyn is being controlled by some ethereal demi-god whose sole purpose is to sow discord. Again, we don't know what explicitly causes hollowing or one to be an undead, so unless you come up with direct answers for these things, you're just spitballing.
Are you sure you read the question correctly?
Speculation. Humanity, for some unknown reason, can cure the curse. It's never explained why, and it's never fully explained what causes someone to go hollow.
Yeah, well. Autism.

Probably a similar reason as to why the hollow soldiers you kill in the Burg don't vanish when you kill them.

You claimed it was shit that DaS2 had good weapons as an option. I pointed out DaS1 did the same and it was for varieties sake, whereas DaS3 is very linear in the weapons you can use the the range of weapon types that are viable. Your counterargument was "Why do you think I like DaS3?". Ergo, not an argument. Try harder next time.

none of the other games have sconces that give you bonuses for exploration or gilligan who enables heavier/low hp builds to explore areas early
none of the other games have a way to advance the story besides moving through the plot like the gate of winter
none of the other games let you sequence break like 2 does
you can say you don't like it, or it isn't perfect design, or whatever
but it's still features that no other souls game has

Which is the opposite of what every speck of given lore explains.
Humanity is the opposite of the First Flame.

Did you just plug your ears and close your eyes in the prologue of dark souls 1 where the furtive pygmy finds the dark soul hidden amidst the first flame? The flame gave birth to ALL souls.

None of the other games stop you from accessing the second half of the game by putting a pile of rubble blocking your path. Not some magic wall or anything, just rubble.

And the other games don't have you getting on an elevator at the top of a windmill, which is the tallest thing anywhere near, and going UP to a castle sinking into a volcanic wasteland.

Same with the Dragon Aerie pillars of stone which, while very nice to look at, are seen nowhere else in the game.

I'm not defending ds3 you fucking moron I wasn't even talking about it.
That's like me bringing up that bloodborne had great level design then saying ur dumb cause I'm right in this particular non sequitur.
Do you understand now you low IQ mongoloid.

If you believe jew serpent.

Look, the point is that all of the information that can give any breadth to any of the important concepts is either implied or briefly touched upon. It is structured so that anyone can look at it an fill in the blanks with their own interpretation. That's fine, I guess, but it just irks me when people take way more creative liberty than the game actually affords them and then try to sperg out and have autistic debates about it, when in the end it's nothing more than something everyone is pulling out their asses.

The furtive pygmy picks up the Dark Soul right in front of the first flame in DS1 cinematic. All souls are made of fire why can't you see this?

to add to what , and said, that sure looks like a flame to me.

Fixed in what sense? Because I still have to rely on hyper armor despite wearing heavy as fuck weaponry.

Good thing I didn't say it stated that, I said it showed that. As in, in the cinematic you can physically see hollowed beings rising up when the first flame appears and taking the lord souls into their hands. And if you're going to argue that because the game doesn't outright TELL us that they're hollowed beings then you lack any form of critical thinking.

But it is. Again, if you had any critical thinking skill you'd understand that humans go hollow when they lose their soul, the dark soul, their humanity. Gwyn used his soul to kindle the first flame, and we saw that all beings existed as hollows before they acquired souls. Therefore it is reasonable beyond doubt to infer that Gwyn went hollow from using his lord soul to kindle the first flame.

Upon rereading it, no I didn't. I thought you meant why does humanity as a race fight against it. As to why humanity the item does, it's because it's part of the dark soul. So a person using a piece of humanity in essence returns their soul and reverses hollowing.

It isn't though. What you call speculation is backed up by mounds of in game evidence and characters all but telling us these facts. Once again, just because you lack deductive reasoning doesn't mean that these statements are wild speculation. Just because something isn't outright told to you in bold face text in game doesn't make it false.

Well, at least we can agree on that.

armor*

All of it fucking happen in games.

If they don't include the outfit too I'll be pissed.

Hey, faggot. Refer to this

"bonuses" you know after the 5oth chest or random item gives you fire bugs they kinda lose their novelty.
Gimping yourself and grinding sure is a good thing amirite
Well you don't need to sequence break in 1 because the game is actually well designed and you have choice of what you want to tackle first without running down linear sparsely populated corridors.

And trying to critique a game outside of its own series in relation to the games before and after it is disingenuous as fuck. Dark Souls 1 had the same options for stronger weapons at start, same as DaS2, and DaS3 suffered for the lack of this feature because of how linear weapon options are. The fact others called you out on the retarded comment about it as well goes to show how idiotic of a statement it was. Like I said, try harder.

yes they do, the fuck do you think the lord vessel is for?
oh no, the world doesn't make sense in a world where characters explicitly tell you at least once per game that the world doesn't make sense

no it hasn't, you lying cunt.

poise is broken as fuck and they will NEVER EVER fix it because they broke it on purpose.

"gimping yourself and grinding" here meaning enjoying pvp more than single player
"because the game is well designed" that's pretty easy to do when you only have to make 60% of a game

I'm not taking creative liberties. Everything I have stated is backed up in game by character dialogue and item descriptions. If you're not going to form a coherent thought other than to say that - because something isn't spelled out for you while giving you a handjob - that it's speculation, then you're a special kind of retarded.

The lordvessel is so a magic barrier is dispelled, not so you can circumvent a shoulder?-high pile of rubble.

But it is speculation. You're connecting dots that don't fucking exist, you fucking sperglord. Because you don't know how these concepts fully function, and you only know what you've observed, then the "story" is structured in such a way that it can go in a number of different directions that can totally subvert any of the clues and implications that you've been fed up until now. If you weren't such a fucking retard, you'd understand that.

Don't forget that NPC's like the darkwraiths still have poise. So they can poise through your wombo combo with the Fume UGS but they can poke you with a light feather and you'll go flying into a wall. Well maybe not that extreme but the point still stands.

cool but it's still a "have you beaten the boss" checker
the shrine of winter can be opened two ways
so it's better

Just because you're retarded doesn't mean it's speculation. I think you need to get off the internet for a while because being wrong seems to upset you greatly. Maybe take some midol.

Eh, fuck you. You're clearly too retarded to understand that the item descriptions only vaguely touch upon these incredibly important concepts and, because they're not fully explained, that you're not getting the full picture. But, go ahead, feel free to finger yourself to the tune of your own sense of smug "superiority". As they say, "some people are just born hopeless"

It's even worse than I remembered.

No, user, it's not. But I don't think either of us is going to budge, so let's just drop it.

Poise is only active during certain attack frames, just like in DaS2. Your total poise is your armor + whatever weapon class you're attacking with.

There has been a noticeable downturn in your attitude. It probably happened when you realized you were objectively wrong but your cognitive dissonance won't let you accept that fact, so now you're freaking out like the autist you are and attacking others for being right.

Honestly, just get off the internet for a while. Go outside and get some fresh air.

I blame vaati vidya for the state of the dark souls lore community.

What makes that different from the hyper armor we already had?

(you)'re a fucking faggot.

It's pretty damn frustrating to deal with the willfully retarded, if I'm honest.

He's about to go completely hollow. The God Emperor got him with a fully charged Life Drain.

Just one for the first game.

Thank you.
The until now unused Heavy Knight set confirmed.
The giant enemy and the locust look like Bloodborne enemies (Nightmare Executioner and Bloodlicker).
Interlocking greatshields confirmed.
If that description is official, Ringed City might really be Londor.
With the mention of a city falling to the Abyss and those crystals…'MEMBER OOLACILE?
That first illustration makes for a kickass desktop.

Here's an extra illustration.

Nice argument friend. :^)

In practice it doesn't change much but weapons that originally didn't have hyper armor now can poise through attacks of smaller weapons provided you're wearing some armor with it.

Nice tumblr gifs faggot.

So with the new collection of images there seems to be a lot of DS2 references that makes me think that this location is in the same place. It would explain the Desert Sorceress weapon, Earthen Peak windmill and the massive enemies that look like DS2 effigies. It would make sense considering Drangleic is a land of men and Londor being the land of hollows.

Not to mention all the Manus dotterus shitting everything up. Judging by Karla's dialogue, there's more of them abound so maybe we might know more on that as well.
I think there might be two areas/sections - the city fallen to the Abyss and the Ringed City. I'm wondering if we're getting more Yuria tidbits from it; I partly hope not because I already got all my builds done and the Dark Sign expunged.

Speaking of Yuria, would be nice if they added a variant of her helm to match the official art, with the ponytail. The one we got is kinda ugly.

The one in Eleum Loyce was pretty nice.

Except Humanity is part of the Dark Soul and has no aspect of light at all.

Its like you niggers didn't even play the game.
This shit has been discussed to death for a long time.
You're wrong.

Alsanna was a embodiment of fear so she was just extremely submissive. Nadalia also didn't do jack shit because the Old Iron King was a massive screw-up by himself.

user, that picture is literally the Furtive Pigmy picking up the Dark Soul. It's taken from the intro cinematic of DS1.

The Dark Soul is one of the Lord Souls, and it came from the First Flame, as did the other 3.

Except SEVERAL times the lore explains that as the Dark Soul shrinks the First flame expands.

Which is why you burn humanity to kindle.
It's why Humanity is pitch black.
It's why Artorias is enraged and covered in goo and not simply hollowed.
It's why Dark Wraiths are collecting Humanity.

Like how many fucking hints and refrences do you need.
But oh not lets throw out all established lore given through dialogue, items and events instead to focus on that flame furtive pygmy picks up is the Dark Souls which is the Lord soul because it has fire in it.

Lol what a fucking stretch, its like I'm talking to DaS2 babies, who only played DaS for the references.

I know what you mean. The one in game look like rags which is kinda odd for The Lady of Hollows.

To continue.
So right there, the First Flame exists as light while the Dark Soul exists as the opposite.
They explain that shit right in the beginning.

Yes, it says the pigmies came from the Dark and that they found the Souls of Lords within the flame. All 4 of them.

Fleeting form user.

Where it says the FURTIVE PGYMY (Manus) found it, then it explains DLC that he formed Humanity by splitting the Dark Soul.

Holy hell you niggers are so out of your depth.

That means fucking nothing, add an actual point in your argument instead of saying something vague as if it supports your argument.

EVERYTHING IN THE GAME IS SET AROUND DARK SOULS VS FIRST FLAME.
You burn dark soul to expand the first flame, humanity which is remnants of the Dark Soul is unique to humans.

Like fuck you nigger definitely did not play the game.

Look at this nigga who can't move his neck or head

It's dialogue from Aldia in Dark Souls 2. Also from your last post.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Checkmate.

Why he so fat

He is of wide stature

I'll bash yer gob

DaS2 eventually added a maskless Lucatiel hat so I hope they can add it. Small things but I like when there's variations to some pieces of equipment.
Since you got the Abyss Walkers there, having the turtleneck without the helm would be pretty cool (something I wanted for BB as well). Likewise for Leonhard's hat without the mask.

For thou.

Again, it's a set that's in the vanilla game files but was not used.

He's a big guy.

Nuh uh, it's totally not a soul pulled from the fire, it's totally different because he pulled it from the dark surrounding the fire :^)

Best set

I think the IDs used for it got changed to point to another set of armor though.

Wrong set, the set that got replaced looks kind of shitty with the huge gap on the neck and shoulders.

2nd image is probably a version of\someone turning into a pilgrim butterfly, and the black haired lady is going to be one of the three sisters of the Sable Church.

This is all supposed to be Londor so it'll be pretty interesting regardless

So what I'm getting out of the arguing is that it's mainly multifaggots that think Dark Shits 2 is a good game, and that's because they aren't concerned with it being good from the standpoint of an actual playthrough of the VIDEO GAME and just secluded 5 minute fights with random faggots that somehow replaces an entire game in their mind.

From what I've personally seen it's usually people who start the series with DaS 2 that will defend it to death, even shitting on the previous titles for whatever reason. It's really weird.

I finished DaS3 and while it was very linear, had variety gimped out the ass likely thanks to multifaggots (see rings from previous games, weapons that aren't longsword/broadsword/darksword, and all magic), and left me with the feeling that I don't feel like replaying it, it had some good additions to the combat, some very enjoyable boss fights with fun designs, and was far better than the pile of shit that came out before it.

3 suffers from being very bland and having too many trashed BB ideas shoved into it, while 2 suffers from being pants on head retarded in a lot of areas.

One thing I never got about the Abyss Watcher's set was the white hair (Fur?) around the helm, when I first fought them, I thought they all had white animu hair that came out from under their helm, but now I am not so sure.

I started with two, but much prefer One and Demon's over it. I hold it equal to three and don't consider Bloodborne to really be part of the series.
None of them are really bad, but some are better than others

Dark Souls 2 was a bad game in the series and evaluated as an individual game, a bad game in general.

They actually balanced weapons around a bit, making quite a few others viable than just straightsword. More than in DaS1 probably. I'm a bit disappointed by magic and miracles being so underwhelming though.
I honestly enjoyed it as much as DaS1 overall, but I do miss the interconnected world. That's my only real big minus.

2 just feels like a development clusterfuck. What exactly is a multifaggot?

Eh, do many people say they hate it, I just recall it being very meh. But then again, I was being coached through it by my friend who advised me to be a hex shitter, so maybe I just thought it was easy because I was blasting hexes everywhere

I just wish that PvP matchmaking didn't summon you into a gank nine times out of ten

There's a divide between the PvP and PvE community over DS2. The areas and enemies, mainly bosses are bland but the PvP community love it for it's quantity of weapons for builds.

Basically if you want to play a video game, DS2 is shit, if you want to have le fun with friends, DS2 is amazing.

There's the Holla Forums I remember!

Video games are srs bznz. Fun is for casuals who are killing the industry.

DS2 isn't shit, it's just as the user I replied to said it's very meh. It has the best dragon fight Sinh and Eleum Loyce Castle has amazing level design. They will be the things I miss the most from that game.

Ringed City sound like a euphemism.

Cirno a baka.

There's nothing wrong with PvP in Dark Souls.

vagrants baby vagrants

All of the Sable Church sisters are human-sized dumbass, Gertrude is related to the gods and would make sense to be that height

no?

:^)

They were probably one of the worst helmets ever designed for foot combat. but that's because they were meant for being on your horse and staying on your horse in tournaments, these rarely saw combat outside of jousting.
concept art guy is even worse since he's literally blind

The battlefield alternative to the frog helmet was the bascinet but the time periods don't connect well. so If you wanted a helm in 14th-15th century that didn't suck, you'd get an armet. which Dark Souls 3 is == FUCKING FULL OF== .

and i can't red text

This image from the official Dark Souls 3 page reads:-

"A traditional city for the Pygmies, called the Ringed City. Half covered in foliage, the city looks desolated with ancient ruins."

Traditional city for the Pygmies and called the Ringed City. This heavily implies it's Londor even more so if you consider the Pilgrim of Londor being there in the trailer.

and i meant to post this more common type of bascinet as well. The great bascinet wasn't that common.

Yeah but the entire DLC isn't focused around Londor alone. The official page also posted about the "Dreg Heap" being a conglomerate of other DS areas

Getting slight Shulva crossed with Anor Londo vibes from this place's layout.

I'm not saying it can't be other places as well as Londor.

There are so many DS2 references from the screenshots and trailer that I wouldn't be surprised Londor is just another renamed Drangleic.

Art design is very DaS2-ish, that's for sure.

one of my favorite thing that the souls series does though is when it adds armor that isn't in our history but still appears practical. Because being a historian who's seen the same armor time and time again, it starts to get old Yet I'm still critical on structural soundness.

The alva set is the most prominent with that, It's helmet is like a face mask version of an armet while the chest piece is half cuiruss/ half brigadine. And you can see the gambeson being worn underneath. It's not without flaws though, they slapped oversized kneepads and leather boots on it for some reason, when greaves would've made more sense

while lautrecs set is straight outa left field yet still makes sense structurally, except you wouldn't be able to move your torso…

Lautrec's armor is one of my favorites in the whole series, because it looks cool, but still practical enough to be believable, and the design is very ornamented and has meaning with the arms hugging him. It was so well designed.

The rubble shit, I'll give you, but the other stuff? Fuck off, you gay baby.

I'm sure this DLC will either fix or replace Darkmoon Blades so it's like the first game again. Right?

Dude said it had the best exploration. Hard to do that when your world doesn't even connect properly.

It works as intended.

I WANT TO PUNISH SINNERS
I DON'T WANT TO BE A BODYGUARD, ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS ALREADY A COVENANT DEDICATED TO THAT

imgur.com/a/83M79

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but this is directly from a Bandai Namco rep, complete with descriptions for each picture. Spoilers ahead.

Shit in the background doesn't affect the actual fucking level design. DaS3's exploration and level design is shit because aside from a handful of examples, it's literally all a straight fucking line. People shit on 2 for the same thing, yet 3 gets a free pass. Christ, people shit on 2 for a lot of things that 3 gets a free pass for. I'm not even a fanboy for 2, I'm just sick of 3 getting undue praise while 2 gets undue flack. This series going beyond 1 was a fucking mistake. Hell, DARK souls was a fucking mistake.

WORKING AS INTENDED

I hate how the favored set looks in 3. It's a bit too pristine and very form fitting; doesn't look like a suit of armor at all. Odd thing to say but I think it looks better in DaS1.
The individual pieces go really well with other gold-colored gear though.

Here's hoping this last one delivers on the fashion because I didn't get much mileage out of the AoA sets besides a couple of pieces.

It did but seemed to go largely unnoticed.

Vaati apparently also did a video on it so I'm late to the party

Kill yourself.

You first

Took him a while. I guess Reddit was slow today. :^)

user, I never said 3 has the best exploration. I haven't played 3.

I think 1 has the best exploration,

I want to be a cop too. What are the best cop clothes?

Leave

If you aren't as edgy as possible, you aren't doing police work properly.

It's going to be a continuation of AoA so Gael and the painter might appear again or have more to say in case she doesn't want to get her crossbreed ass out of the painting.

There is in 3!

Do you prefer
SOULSLIKE?!

So how do frampts species mate? Do they have cocks?

Either they mate like normal snakes do or all frampts are one hydra. A single body with countless heads. If it's the only one, so it can't mate.
they can kiss each other I guess

Well, they're already dicks.

Im not sure which idea is more disgusting to me. Though considering frampt and the other one fight in DaS1, that'd imply the multiple personalities dont agree on things. Which is cool.

Yeah but theres no opening for them to go in.

They may disagree on how to deal with the First Flame, user, but both of them are present when you return to Firelink Altar after having refused to link the fire.

lol nerd

They always play both sides

Oh.

The pvp in dark souls is for finding some pitiful pvefag, and crushing his dreams of being able to have fun.

Funny thing is how alt+f4'ing generates far more salt that any in-game shenanigans.

Really? Cause I was in the Tomb of giants a few weeks ago, and 7 out of ten invasions was the host disconnecting.

I invaded in Anor Londo like 50 times a month or two back and only got like 1 or 2 disconnects, everything else got dealt with by my sword. Even took out several groups of two dudes.

I'm talking about being the host, yeah. For every iron sphincter like yourself there are 5-6 pinky ones that will 100% ragemail me.

what the fuck were the frampt headed knight statues in 3 supposed to be?

Man, I never get hate mail. All I ever got was a "Are you happy now?" some some guy.

Truly, there is no greater feeling than invading while the host is getting gangbanged. It's even better when it kills him right as you enter.

That happens sometimes. You can get a lot of souls to. I think the most I have gotten so far was from a level 650 I killed in Sen's fortress. I wonder if he could tell I was only level 40.

probably using cheat engine as always

Even more embarrassing when you realize this is their official community manager engaging in lore wankery.

Well what happened was he just stood back, and tried to nail me with pursuers/crystal soulmass. When that didn't work he tried to use some epic force or whatever it's called before closing in for melee. He had a low poise build, and when I hit him with great combustion he tried to roll away but got stuck on a pillar so i just kept on stun locking him till he died. He probably would have won if he didn't have a great sword.

Hes just giving reddit, aka the vaati vidya community what they want. ((( LORE IMPLICATIONS)))

I was going to type up a long winded thing about why DS2 is about the same as DS3, but it is really just a quantity vs quality argument.

Quality is always > quantity though, it's not really an argument to be had.

What is that faggot going to do when there are no more souls games to make "lore" videos on?

Yeah DS2 has quantity and DS3 tried to go for quality, both were extremes on the spectrum.

Probably follow whatever new game from makes or jump to the closest game with no story and in game item descriptions.

Is this the egg you steal from the Dragon Aerie and bring it to the Iron Keep? The flame demon thing looks likes Sir Alonnes soul in another iron demon, in another cycle. And the old lady the emerald herald.

Speaking of DaS3 sets
DS3 has so many issues with how sets map to the player, it's not even funny

I was fucking pissed when I started 2 because of the flagrant HP gate that was the pit, utter fucking bullshit after beating DS1 with 10 vit.

This right here really grinds my gears. The whole thing about invasions at least in my eyes is that no matter how they design an enemy it will always be lacking because of it's programming. The invaders however can match a player in terms of intelligence, they can make mistakes, and they can be highly unpredictable. Stacking everything against them ruins it.

When you git gud it starts to not matter, when I was playing a skeleton knight build, which was lucky sword and board, I was destroying even the heartiest of twinks and gankers, but at one point everyone just jews out and throws honor out the window; 4 man gank squads, seeding, trying to psudo fightclub so you get mad phantoms that fight you, and tons of other bullshit. The easiest way to get rid of the problems is make estus for phantoms non-existent, or go dark 2 and shut it down when invaded, bring back indictments and give dark moon blades their own invasion orb, shit, make it so that invading on any covenant gives you that covenant's item instead, make it so that summoning increases your invader possibility by a little bit, so if you summon 3 guys at once you reset your invasion timer and you get 4 or 5 invaders possibly.
Fuck.

Bad idea one time a group I was in was invaded just as I was about to drink, and I had less than 5% health.
There's an invasion timer?

I don't understand people that expect honour during invasions. I get not liking going into a 1v2+ all the time, but honour? If you want honourable combat, join the Dragon covenant (I hope it's still there in 3, it was fun in 2). Otherwise, it should be a fight to the death.

The sin & indictment system was fun in concept, but didn't really work in DS1. Spent most of your time looking for sinners and finding nobody. And every successful invasion would thin the herd of potential targets. Although I guess hollowing not protecting you from invasion would help.

You'd have to make it so invading someone with a red eye orb granted 1 sin, killing your host granted 1 more sin, killing a blue phantom granted 1 sin, etc. Maybe make it so that, once you kill a blue phantom, your sin can only be pardoned 1 by 1 for every time you die to a blue.

How is the Darkmoon covenant in 3? Did they take the Blue Sentinels from DS2's ring invasions and make that the whole covenant?

DS3 is lacklustre
First DLC is lacklustre(good weps tho)
2nd and final DLC will be good?

I aint a gambling man but….

For clarity, I know the Dragon covenant started in 1, but I did very little pvp in 1.

should I play 2 or 3?
I played 1, but it really wasn't up my alley, I think I got to beat the wolf and then lost interest, but maybe things have improved over time so I thought of giving it another chance.

What was it about 1 that didn't interest you?

The world didn't explain much and I had little clues of what to do, I mean, obviously there was something to do, but backtracking isn't for me.
Also, I didn't know what was best, improve weapons/armor or get stats.

It felt like it was obscure with some mechanics on purpose.

That sounds like you just don't like souls, because all of them have sparse lore that is given mostly by item descriptions, a vague sense of what to do and where to go (except 3 is pretty linear so that may be better for you) and the decision between stats and armor you kinda have to make for yourself. They all have pretty obscure mechanics too. There's no shame in checking the wiki a little bit though, but just enough to know where to go next.

what said

Regarding stats vs weapons, it depends on which weapons you're using/want to use. Some have better scaling than others, but upgrading a weapon along the standard path (+0 to +15) is always better than leaving it untended. There are very few weapons that are garbage from +0 to +15, and you can certainly take whatever you started with from start to finish if you so desire (probably not with sorcerers, though).

I'm not sure, but I think weapon stat scaling also increases with upgrades.

You can see what every stat does in the character and item info menus. Your equipped gear weight is something you should keep an eye on, but you say you beat Sif, so you must be doing something very right.

Poise was fixed after the first game.

well shit, I hope you can git gud and make it count
there's a time after you're invaded that you can't be invaded again. When you use an item to multi summon it resets the timer, but you use it multiple times all at once to summon more people and your invasion timer will just move like normal, because people summon with the intent of being invaded before it happens.

I didn't mean *tips fedora* honor, m8, I meant decency when it comes to combat. Estus is the worst thing in 3 because it's so fast and so hard to punish, and twinks can make their estus heal them to full in most cases. Healing is fine sometimes, but when you have 7 full health bars the fight gets a bit tedious; I honestly hate fightclubs, I think they should fuck off, but I think estus should really be severely limited or reduced for white and golden phantoms.
I really do love slug matches, all out bloody combat, but most times it's three faggots who all trade off to chug and full heal and then rear end me, all by myself while I'm just trying to get covenant items.
I think it would work a lot better in DS3. Even if you take away indictments, you could have a counter for ever time you invade and if you're embered or not, you can get invaded by a dark moon for using a red eye orb ever. This would be extra great if it could somehow be done to gank squads, but they're mostly faggots who sit on their asses with a bunch of bullshit they minmaxed to wield.
we're on the same page then
Here's a run down of the covenants
Put this on, if you're invaded, Blue Sentinels or Blade of the Dark Moon comes in to save you. Basically the shitty douche kid of the covenants
Invading or summoned for help, you get sun medals, if you invade as one you have a greater chance to co-op with another red phantom to help lighten his load
Soccer Moms United covenant, they come to help their douchey kid even when their douchey kid is wrong
Super Soccer Moms covenant, they come to help their douchey kid, and if they happen to also see Aldrich Faithful they get a double for helping their baby out and killing those evil skin heads
Chaotic Neutral, these fuckers will fuck up either side, usually fight clubbing faggots who turn on other reds or purples for the sake of helping an already overpowered host, the ones that actually invade to kill the host are bros and are forced to kill either the host or all of his phantoms. Usually they're so strong they do both just for fun.
Forrest hunters, expect to never invade ever because the only way to invade someone is to fall into the water in the forest, and most gankers will never walk into the water due to being massive faggots who can't deal with auto invades. Up to 2 can invade at a time, you get the best shield in any souls game from them.
vanilla invaders, you basically only put this on to tell people you're an invader. Any other covenant will just put dark spirit (mad phantom for mound makers and sunbro for sunbros) by your name, but you still get a tongue for invasions otherwise (again, those other two you get specific shit for red eye invading). Killing a Soccer mom will grant you a double on your tongues.
Best bros. Their entire area is within their invasion range, not just if they happen to walk in some specific location. They guard anal rondo, and most of them are cool guys. The best invasions you'll get are aldrich faithful, because most people you fight aren't twinked faggots. These are the crusaders and have faith in the cool age of the deep, much better than this shitty age of fire where everything is edgy and on fire all the time. Covenant rewards highly unsatisfying.

You need to leave

I ran into I think two after probably 300+ hours in DS1.

Nah, I'm good.

It does. Some weapons will go from B>A>S, and those are the ones that will give you the most bang for your buck. But it's not always that simple as some weapons require stats of 40+ or more to be useful, and weapons that are upgraded along Lightning/fire/chaos don't gain any bonuses from stats.

For what purpose?

You posted a DS meme, prepare to be shat on.

I think DS3 has the best NG+ experience so far as I've played. The enemies aren't ridiculous damage sponges with planet crackers for fists, it feels like I'm an endgame character going through the opening areas of the game and killing bosses again, as I feel I should; it feels like a victory lap on the game rather than a brand new slog through a whole new challenge.

enough X nigger

Even DS1 was mainly just a fluke.
Face it: FROM Soft just aren't that good.

I got to the thread late, I don't know what to tell you

FromSoft is great what the fuck are you on? They may suffer from the japanese stereotype of overwork and having sticks up their asses but all told they still make good games most of the time.

So they got rid of the Dragon covenant? That's garbage.

There's a dragon area where you get dragon-related items instead

But I want my 1v1 only, voluntary pvp combat.

The fun is invading some faggot host just trying to get through an area, to crush him, see his souls driven before him, and hear the lamentations of his white phantoms.

Darg Souls 3 Rinsed Benis :DDDD

Mediocre.

I can tell you haven't played a non-Souls FromSoft game.

YOU WANT A FAIR FIGHT? FUCK YOU
t. Fromsoft

Well the undead match exists from the dlc
You can fight in most honorabur durru where you get no sippies so the meta is to be a faggot miracle man who uses tears of denial and run away while taking pokes and then use a heal of some sort to get all of your health back, and then regain your heal power because ashen estus is allowed; I understand that a spell caster would be unable to duel if ashen estus was not allowed, but if heal items are not allowed then heal miracles should not be fucking allowed. Also there's a team match mode where you can experience PVP how it was meant to be, everyone gets one estus and miracle faggotry is still allowed.
Reminder that Smough's great hammer is the best poise weapon in the game and you can crush faggots like maggots any day with it.

Can I infuse Smough's hammer with lightning?

You cannot cosplay as super smough, no

Check the wiki

Can't be infused or buffed. Not an option, then.

Can't infuse it, but you can use a buff glitch to stick Lightning Blade on it.

Seems you can't use Lightning Weapon on a magically infused weapon anymore. I liked that about DS2.

Not a fan of using glitches.

So you don't have a point.
I qouted you directly from the narrator which contradicts what you saw.
You're fucking retarded mate.

So lets list everything that contradicts your point but first lets list your evidence.
Lets look at mine
I mean do you have anything to counter this other then shitposting and circle jerking with people who agree with you but also fail to raise any points as to why you are right.

THANK FUCK I AM WAITING FOR THE GOTY EDITION AND GOING TO PIRATE
HOLY SHIT

Does the pirated copy still have online now?

user, the witches aren't humans. They are their own species, based around the Witch of Izalith's Lordsoul. The same Lordsoul that the Witch of Izalith used in her attempt to make another First Flame, which resulted in the Chaos Flame and in her becoming the Bug of Chaos. The Dark Soul has diddly to do with that. Witches, Gods, and Humans all looking the same is probably due to all of them having been pigmies before.

Speaking of the narrator, here's what she says:
But then there was Fire and with fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark. Then from the dark, They came,
The pigmies came from the Dark, meaning it existed beforehand.
and found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Nito, the First of the Dead, The Witch of Izalith and her Daughters of Chaos, Gwyn, the Lord of Sunlight, and his faithful knights. And the Furtive Pygmy, so easily forgotten.
And then they found the Souls of Lords within the flame. Nito and the Furtive Pigmy are explicitly shown holding a flame,

The narrator at no point states that the Dark Soul is different. Kaathe says that, and Primordial Serpents are known to distort/withhold the truth (Frampt never describes what linking the fire entails, Kaathe descibes lifedrain as "casting off the shackles placed upon your brethren") and incite people to act against their best interests (Marvelous Chester and Hawkeye Gough say a primordial serpent convinced the Oolacile folks to wake Manus, not to mention the whole New Londo debacle). And Kaathe also says that the Furtive Pigmy found the Dark Soul after the Advent of Fire.

And you've misunderstood the purpose of the Darkwraiths. The Darkwraiths' purpose is not directly related to the First Flame. New Londo was flooded before the Oolacile incident happened. We know this from the descriptions of the 2 Greatswords of Artorias.

"Sir Artorias hunted the Darkwraiths, and hissword strikes harder against dark servants."

"The sword can damage ghosts, as it wascursed when Artorias joined a covenantwith the creatures of the Abyss."

Sir Artorias could not have hunted the Darkwraiths after Oolacile as he was very dead by then. Artorias was corrupted by the Abyss/the Dark, as is said in his Soul's description and in the Abyss Greatsword's.

Soul of Lord Gwyn's Knight Artorias, who was consumed by the Abyss.

This greatsword belonged to Lord Gwyn's Knight Artorias,who fell to the abyss.Swallowed by the Dark with its master,this sword is tainted by the abyss,and now its strength reflects its wielder's humanity.

The purpose of the Darkwraiths is to find the Dark Lord by gathering humanity. Sort of.

The following textbox is 100% conjecture/inductive reasoning.
They do this by taking humanity from their fellow humans until all of it belongs to a single person, who, supposedly by being the strongest and/or more adept at using lifedrain of them all, IS the Dark Lord, while all other humans are now hollows or even pigmies.

Finding the Dark Lord would herald the coming of the Age of Dark as the Dark Lord could then, theoretically, kill Gwyn and refuse to link the fire. The Dark ending to DS1 points in that direction as Kaathe declares you to be the Dark Lord after you did the 2 things the Dark Lord was meant to do.

They do this whether the First Flame has been linked or not. Whether it had already happened when we go to Oolacile is debateable as there were already bonfires then, but Anor Londo still had it in them to send people to deal with problems (Artorias goes to Oolacile) and reward said people for succeeding (the Silver Pendant given to him for his deeds in New Londo).

The coming of the Age of Dark does not depend on the Darkwraiths, but on whoever kills Gwyn not taking his place. Looking at Kaathe's dialogue, I cannot find any mention that the Dark Soul's power is inversely proportional to the First Flame's strength, merely that it does not weaken with the First Flame. Maybe it is stated somewhere in DS2 or 3. Aldia doesn't seem to say anything about it.

Holy shit, I fucked up those text boxes badly.

Anyway, here's the rest:

Kaathe says this about going from the Age of Fire to the Age of Dark:
Your ancestor claimed the Dark Soul and waited for Fire to subside.And soon, the flames did fade, and only Dark remained.Thus began the age of men, the Age of Dark.

Maybe I missed something, but it seems the Age of Dark is merely an inevitability. Whether it represents a full return to the Greylands where nothing happened, lived or died (life and death are results of the disparity spawned by the first flame) or a worldwide Dickwraith Convention, I don't know.

TL;DR - witches (from Izalith, not Beatrice) are not humans, Primordial Serpents cannot be trusted to tell the truth, the Dark Soul's power does not depend on the First Flame, Darkwraiths seek the Dark Lord by conducting their own Vampiric Royal Rumble, reading this post is a waste of time.

The witch of Izalyth didn't use humanity to mimic the first flame. She used her very own soul.

Of course not

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I have no problem with someone else using them in their game.

I just don't like using them in mine.

I like to think there hasn't actually been an Age of Dark yet in the games, simply a Fading of the Fire.

DS3's Link the Flame ending would also imply that there were no full Dark Ages before it, since the Fire is so weak from being continuously extended.

That's why I think the Dark Ending of DS3 is canon, because it lets the Fire fully fade into an Age of Dark, that will someday give way to another Age of Fire, this time from the top.

Does this come with Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp?

Pirates of the Caribbean did not make that phrase. I still chuckled sensibly at your post though

$$\left[\frac{ayy}{lmao}\right]$$

So what is the fucking point of pirating a souls game when you lose like the majority of the experience

There really isn't any to be honest. I thought you could still play online even if you pirated on the PC.

Some people play the games for the pve and not the minor online part

What is fightclub?

a laggy netbuild simulator