ITT: Nightmare fuel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SLskIVFCy_4
mega.nz/#!u8EnGZJJ!zQMV5fMAQ4GFKUEHO9k0M2S4hJmi7S-ARGlxjozO9eQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

GET OUT NON-WHITE SHITSKIN MEMER

Eek

autism

Not so scary in itself, just disturbing.

youtube.com/watch?v=SLskIVFCy_4

There will be no installment
This fuels my nightmares

normalfags

My Nigga

To be honest I'm so far gone even a place like that feels like home to me.

Anyone have good space horror/monster stuff?

wew lads

Nigga sharks are cute as fuck, they get flustered if you pet them.

I'm afraid of long, dark corridors. Goes back to childhood trauma.

Bravest man in the world

Depends on the shark. Grey Nurse sharks are bros

(checked)

Most sharks are actually rather docile and playful.
Jaws is usually cited to have been what gave them their bad reputation, the average person equate sharks with Great Whites.

I cant judge him though. I used to get scared as fucking by Kasplat in DK64 saying "SPLAT" followed by grunting.

Only thing in this thread worth a damn so far

I always saw them like alligators tbh, just things that barely tolerated the existence of their own kind and devoured everything else with wonton voraciousness.

But I just watched a fuckton of vids of people petting sharks - apparently they're like wolves more than anything, just undomesticated carnivores. Do you think we can ever make them close friends, like dolphins or seals?

Headpats and belly scratches will bring peace to the world.

I had this weird phobia of things happening suddenly when I was a kid. Navi's "HEY" in OoT, and Gruntilda's dialogue randomly popping up in Banjo Kazooie were both enough to make me not want to play the games. I almost shit myself listening to that one song in Resident Evil 2 with the sudden CRASH.

Americans during an election cycle. How socially unadjusted can you all get?

Living In Sweden

Please just go back to Holla Forums and then back to Holla Forums and stop ruining the board for everyone else.

I'm pretty sure he's a Gamergoober if he's posting "My life is so" Mundane "I had to fake a swat raid just to get attention" Matt.

VIDEO GAMES

VIDEO GAMES

At least you have 1 video games thing.

Screaming VIDEO GAMES isn't video games either.

>There will be no installment
I assume you meant no new installment
Actually EA has plans for another game at some point
Which is probably far worse than no new installment

If video games aren't video games, then what are video games? Are they video games, or are video games video games? Maybe video games are not video games, but instead, are like video games while being a completely different thing that is not video games. Perhaps video games and video games are both video games, and video games are also video games, but video games are not video games, even though they somewhat resemble video games.

I remember picking this up at a Ross for six dollars. This game always seemed weird to me because you're almost always by yourself. It's like a ghost town especially at the school since the draw distance is pretty low so all you see ahead of you is darkness. What really scared me back then were the Yolkian guards who chase you as you're escaping the ship. They also keep saying intruder alert as they're chasing you. I don't remember if they could follow you through the whole level but they can detect you pretty quickly. The characters don't move at all when they speak either they just stand there and move their mouths like crazy. This game really made me feel like I was all alone though because you only speak to a small number of characters for like 5 seconds and then you're off in an empty school or subway station.

not a gaem but

Epic dude

Eternal Darkness Have 3 and the enemies are the stuff of nighmares

Got any links to the original?

These fucking things, its been a long time since a vidya enemy scared the fuck out of me.

I survived the encounter but holy fucking shit I was not ready for that. The untended graves were also creepy as all shit, not because of enemy encounters but rather the mood the place sets, especially when you enter that place's version of firelink shrine.

That term was invented by us, god damn it. How can you post an Urusei Yatsura pic, and STILL be this god damn new?

Also, I remember shitting my pants when playing VTMB. In 2012. No, not the mansion, but the fucking King's Way quest. That cassette scarred me for life

Irythill dungeon was a more obvious attempt at horror, but yeah the untended graves were surprisingly great. It's just a damn area recycling, but the sparse bonfires, very low visibility and the simple yet creepy concept of turning all the skybox into pitch black made it better than it had any right to be.

I swear, this motherfucker caused my Thalassophobia

Whenever a game uses error messages or pretends it has deleted all the save files
Bonus points: when it really does

Spooky shit. Ambiance is the main thing for horror. Shit, this was one of the more horrifying things I'd seen in vidya when I was a kid.

haunts me to this day

Fuck, that brings me memories of those Lightspan games for schools. There was one which was basically a FPS, but everything was so fucking empty and desolate, yet at any moment, something could fuck up your progress, and because loading was shit, it could set you behind the fuck awful load times.

Spooky

What makes me laugh at this guy is that he actually got manlier after he became a tranny. Before he was a low test sissyboy, but now larry flynt is a full-on lumberjack.

This whole game gave off an unsettling vibeā€¦

Minecraft?

Doubousu Banchou, also known as Cubivore or Animal Leader.

You go around with near no music, everything is cute and square, but then you're ripping limbs off of eachother, and your end goal is to be eaten by the strongest, largest female so your spirit is passed on to her offspring.

And the reward is an end game where you just murder helpless creatures for as long as you want, but there is not much music, if any.

It'sā€¦ just fucking WEIRD.

These are some reef sharks, they're basically like plants with humans, nothing to do with a fucking Great White

This is Jungle Book, for the master system. I owned it as a kid. Second stage starts with this giant chameleon thing stuck in a tree with its head popping out. For some reason this shit never failed to freak me the fuck out. It doesn't help that the music in this stage is so damn unsettling and dissonant.

It's a "thing" trying to eat you, naturally that's fucked up.

Metroid 2 scared the shit out of me, yet made me love the series all the more. The soundtrack was weird dead tones with just beeps and boops, then suddenly a fucking scare chord plays, and it wasn't just a jump scare, the metroid WOULD kill you and it was time to fight.

Oddworld also scared the shit out of me. I was a scrub and a half when I first played it and never got far, but the whole desolate, depressing nature of it bothered me deeply. No jump scares, just the deep seated sensation of being in a super shitty depressing world.

I was only joking but damn

Sharks are an interesting animal, most of the thing is mouth.

What game?

Think about it user.
Think really hard.

The name can be found in the video, dingus.

For once I'm glad that I was born too late to fully enjoy the arcade experience.

the ghost photography missions in mgs2 and peace walker spooped the shit out of me as a kid and as an adult

World of goo is less nightmare fuel and has more of a melancholic hopeless vibe to it. It just has this very depressing feel to it. Like it plays in a world wracked by unrelenting industry. Same thing with their other game. Embed related.

The first Space Quest had that goddamn spider drone in the desert planet, you had to run away from it while trying to figure out how to destroy it and then you get eaten by sand worm if you stray too far
strangely enough, I only finished the first Space Quest while I never finished rest of the series

I don't know if the lack of music was a glitch or intentional but it made it even scarier

ahh oh nooo the normalfags xd

The detail of those death scenes is quite disturbing.

I think the first recorded use of 'nightmare fuel' was in MST3K episode "Santa Claus", after that it was reguraly used in MST3K news group.

Video games are video games. Sitting around and scream the actual words 'VIDEO GAMES' isn't.

Weird Dreams, for Amiga.
A lot of Amiga games were pretty scary.

You have no idea.

Great Whites are also susceptible to petting, the problem is their "noses" are too sensitive and the sort of get put into a trance when it's stimulated.
Also, if you punch a shark right in the nose they usually do a complete 180 and swim off.

>>>/monster/

This legit fucked me as a kid. To this day i get a sinking feeling when that fucker is on screen

I know this feel

Here's a webm of them for you.

>He ask to play manly man games like mature gamers such as myself play

Faggot

Playing this shit alone at 4am in my uncle's old Genesis
Damn

I know where you're from~

While that post is lazy edge, those sites all represent some sort of corporate control. Reddit is just the premier repository of immaturity and cringe, quite foreign from the concept of nightmare fuel.
In short, take back your low-effort, rushed way of thinking back to redditfaggot

HOPE NOBODY POSTS BORT

I think I'm going to be sick, you've gone too far user

In long, like my penis, take your low-effort, rushed way of "reasoning" back to reddit, faggot.

epic

S P O O K Y

didn't some user make this game?

He's not screaming, he just typed in capital letters. Have you ever made an on-topic post?

This fucking game was underrated as all hell

I used to be scared shitless of things that the me of today would think are completely benign or even laughable. Even just a dark atmosphere like some areas in DK64 were extremely spooky. I remember specifically I had to always skip the Majora's Mask transformation sequences because they were so terrifying to me.

That's because sharks have a fuckload of sensors in their nose.
They are being basically flashbanged when rubbed.

The Void was cool as fuck

The enemies in Cryostasis were pretty spooky

So sharks are basically dogs/big cats of the sea, they're all about the head/belly rub combo and will be your bitch if you do it right.

That fucker unnerved me, something about the shot where she gets in the room and two monsters jump off the bed and killing her felt kinda surreal to me and I always think of it when I remember that game, I don't know why.

This entire fucking game.

Best level in Rev2's raid mode features both these fucks and a handful of Hunters.

That used to scare me as well, i didn't realize it wa part of the music so i'd Always jump and think: "WTF HAPPENED!? WHAT WAS THAT!?"
thinking some monster entered breaking the window or a door.
Speaking of nightmare fuel, am i the only one who got creeped out by Silent Hill's music intro?
I mean that fucking mandolin part used to send a shiver down my spine every fucking time.

When you're walking through a tomb and you're not expecting it it can be pretty damn spooky. The way it walks is unnerving too.

Visit the Morvayn Manor in Ald'ruhn!
Man, back then Bethesda know how to spook people even with their "engine limitation". Nowaday all they do is cheap tryhard shit.

Don't usually play horror so I screamed a lot

Spooky bump

Ready to relive those moments user?

Kinda suprised this isn't in the thread already also music or visuals? What spooks you guys more?

Well hello, I'm new here and didn't feel welcomed at first but your loving community encouraged me to post.

I must say this is a funny website and its nice to know we are graced with such knowledge oldfriends like yourself.

Ā Ā ā–²
ā–²Ā ā–²

This fucking thing, the sounds it made freaked me out as a kid

source?

Scared the shit out of me as a kid

Man, duke 3d was such a cool game.

Sure, OP. Here's a classic

Interesting designs.

fuck japs, two nukes weren't enough

How great would it be to have a Venom video game?

Once again, the movement of sharks through water is what feeds water to their gills.
This shark is not feeling good, it's just close to passing the fuck out.

I really liked the Clive Barker vibe throughout the game, I heard there was a sequel but never tried it.

As a kid I thought SA-X was much more dynamic than it was, wandering around the world at all times and able to go anywhere, like a Clock Tower villain. Just the AI's explanation of the monster before you meet it scared the shit out of me. A remake of Fusion with that idea would be neat.

Nah mate, Cubivore is maximum comfy. Rolling around tearing things apart, matching your colors, breeding with 500 females in one night (with a 100% impregnation rate) and dying, continuing on as your best son. Then you can go back and fuck up that one beast that was too big to mess with earlier.

For some reason, I find deaths like these to beā€¦ alluring.

Although the entire city you walk through is creepy enough, the first time I walked into this house, it really, REALLY frightened me. Even the mere thought of approaching the house with what all the noises that can be heard just from the entrance unnerved me and it got worse when I found out exactly WHAT was making those noises. I would say that this is one of the few times I was genuinely scared in a video game and that doesn't happen often.

Did you just roll in from Memebase?

I had the same sensation, it was fucking dreary. It was the fact that you were trapped in a mega factory that ground up creatures for food in brutal ways and you and your own were next on the chopping block.
Not to mention that fucking ending\game over screen where they dangle abe over a giant meat grinder and let you go\other modokons let you die if you didn't do a good enough job saving people.

This just sounds comfy to me.

Patrick Alexander used to be so cool. Total Gamer was the best.

Remember Tower of Goo from back in the day :3

boy, that whole experimental gameplay project concept didn't seem unusual at all to me back when it was going on. guess I was just spoiled for innovation in vidya at the time.

Velvet undead tits

How many of the people who worked on Morrowind are even still around at Bethesda/Zenimax today?

are you totally fucking retarded?

Best kind of bicycle if you ask me

i have a fetish for fake news headlines

Holy shit how fucking new are you? Get the fuck off this board and never come back. I hope you get a botched circumcision from a rabid gang of niggers.

gang gang

its jus a name mane

You don't understand a fucking thing about imageboards, their culture, or why people use them. Get the fuck out or lurk more.

I like video games.
I play call of duty, and uncharted on the playstation. on my couch.

aand guess wot m8, I bet i could cream u in a private match.

which one is it?

Come on.

is there anything scarier than a giant spider with dog legs?

In that image, she looks like some sort of arch demon from a distant galaxy that has come to planet earth to devour the genitals of human males because they keep her skin vibrant and young. I'd still hit it.

That disheveled hair looks like horns already.

A giant spider with dog legs that has a mesh that doesn't clip through walls, maybe

I have made a terrible mistake.

You found a naked loli. What more could you ask for

Is this game an RPG and does it have English?

Kys pedo

kiss pedo? Nty, I don't swing that way

I didn't find the loli; I am the loli. There's a lot I could ask for, given what happened in there.

It's an RPG horror h-game, but since it's just a demo there's no translation yet. Even without knowing moon, I managed to mostly stumble my way through it and find it very engaging. The thread on /hgg/ has a bit of advice in it in case you get stuck.
mega.nz/#!u8EnGZJJ!zQMV5fMAQ4GFKUEHO9k0M2S4hJmi7S-ARGlxjozO9eQ

Fuck. >>>/hgg/1391

wtf did it say? All that kanji was basically redundant

In the second image? She's screaming.

What's the thing with the cute eyes in the first pic?

There used to be a pic, which showed how they slowly killed their original team.
It's kinda a miracle how Skyrim didn't turn out a DA:I tier shit.

Of the Morrowind team of 30 something, I think only three or four made it to the Skyrim team.

Donald duck going quackers.
The bear chase level scared the shit outta me.
Then an older friend taught me the horrors of regenerators and iron maidens

There's no cute girl behind that silhouette, if that's what you were hoping for. All of the monsters are inhuman abominations.

Probably in the /hgg/ thread, but I felt like making a webm. Too bad I can't squeeze a better quality video out of it. Maybe I'll try aiming closer to the 12mb limit later, when it stops being 3am.

The end denotes the end of chapter 0; not a bad end or the demo end. You get to play a bit into chapter 1 in this version.

is that inuyasha?

never ever finished

When I was 8 I got Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets for the PC as a birthday present. It was a really fun game, but young me found the creatures you fought (usually giant insects) unnerving.

In particular, the gnomes terrified me. They look like little deformed potato men that constantly gibber and scream whenever they see you and they can't be killed by spells, instead you have to stun them with a spell then pick them up and throw them into a gnomehole. If you weren't fast about it they' wake up in your hand and start squirming while making angry noises and later on in the game a spiky cousin of the gnome was introduced that could break out of your grip and damage you or something.

I don't know why but those fucking gnomes were the most terrifying enemies to me. I always had to get my dad to play and get past them.

I remember those fuckers. They were pretty annoying.

The spiders in those games creeped me the fuck out. Instead of biting you they'd cling to you and make weird hissing sounds, which for some reason just made me extremely uncomfortable. They actually did a good job emulating that natural squeamish feeling you get from bugs/arachnids, something you don't see in games a lot.

These fucking things, and the sound the boss robots made.

Hey, didn't you also draw this?
I've seen you around and you always have the same filenames and the same weird pixelated art.

CRAAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN

I can't be the only person who would be terrified to live in a weird 90s multimedia game, right? Everything is just a facsimile of what it's supposed to be because of the way that the early 3D made it look, and though there are people around they're all fuzzy, jerky, and only say a few pre-canned sentences. There's no horror in what will kill you, necessarily, but everything is still just so off, and when you get to the border of the world it's just an endless ocean that you can't cross. You're trapped. That was the kind of shit that kept me up at night as a kid.

Why do abominations like this exist?

This was the most genuinely nerve-wracking area I've ever seen in a video game.
Until you realize you can just run past all the enemies straight to the boss
It's a bitch up until then though

Was there ever a single type of zombie who made you shit as many bricks as OoT's redead? I mean, sure, there's the zombies in Thief, but these were more of a calculated walking risk rather than something which made you bitterly pray that it wouldn't paralyze and facerape you.

Space Quest 4, it's about time travel

the lobstermen in the lost city made me scream and run down the stairs at my friends house. they appear when you return down a passage

What does Holla Forums recommend for games that'll scare the shit out of me? Preferably free

i was scared shitless from the menu music

Somewhat justified i guess, you probably erased it from your memory to tell yourself you had a happy childhood

So women?

I can't stand all these twitch or you die games. American computer games from the 90s had a ton of these and I'm glad I had an NES. Heart of Darkness, Another World, Flashback, Dragon's Lair, etc. It's all shit. Yeah and I'm including FMV games that you had to press a button when cued in a split second because that had to deal with twitch mechanics too. It's fucking garbage, all of it.

fugg

Oh jesus, fuck those water frog things, if there was ever anything to make one clench their anus it was those.

As for me, never liked these barracuda shark monsters from quake 2

Fuck off

>be me god I hate typing that at age 8 or some shit
I have more PTSD than the average tumblr user, lol. At least it's easy to avoid.

#NotAllSharks

If you want some nightmare fuel, consider that assfaggots players exist and that they wake up just to play assfaggots.

Was she hot

Not at that time, then she was for a while, and now she's just a tad too fat to be considered hot. Not my type though, so no wincest.

We can always get her a thiccfag. Let me try to summon one.

She already has a boyfriend, and thicc is pretty much only good on 2D.

This has been sitting on my hard drive for ages. I still can't figure out what game it was from, but it was some kid's edutainment game from the 90's and this was pretty spooky for their target audience. It's mostly just weird.

Pretending everyone else is trying to fit in doesn't make you fit in.

Not to bother about MUH LORE but the creepiest bit for me in Untended Graves was the birdmen congregating around the grave you start the game in with one seeming to preach from on top of it, and then finding whats implied to be your own dessicated corpse in there. Definitely gave me the creeps

Yeah, that thing spooked me a lot when I was a kid. I didn't know any english, so killing it was a stroke of pure luck.

Top tier taste, user. I just about shit my pants when he came at you with the axe in the parking lot.

The only way to lose is to become unable to die.

There's something really unsettling about how stiff and rigid it is, yet how fast and erratically it moves.

I installed the spiders-into-pigs mod before playing this for the first time because I was terrified of spiders at the time. It ended up breaking them pretty badly. If I remember right, they didn't even move or attack, so it was kind of cheating. Don't care though, fuck spiders.

I'm afraid of long, dark dicks. Goes back to childhood trauma.

I actually jerked off to it once when i had no internet

I thought this thread was about things that scared us as kids?

This fucker.