How Important is juice for a game?

How Important is juice for a game?

I want to try to make my idea of an original breakout clone, fill it with juice and see if anons here like it.

breakout is not that bad.

I want to make something like a modern day breakout clone, even if I said clone, it has new things.

"juice" (fucking stupid term) is really important, but it won't make anyone want to play a game that isn't good in the first place.

The fuck kind of term is "juice"? Sounds like shit "cool hip" marketing.
Best breakout clone, right here:

juice refers to diferent shit that makes a game being alive, like sugar.

It refers to tweening, screenshakes, particles, music, sounds and so on.

I feel like this "juice" mentality results in indie games being filled with obnoxious screenshake for every single thing that happens onscreen. You can make your game feel more "alive" and exciting in ways that won't give your player a fucking migrane: see most Treasure games.

I think it's from some multi-level marketing company. The employees always have to respond to everything their bosses say with "Juice to that!" or "Juice to you!", and 12 of them have to live in a 3-person apartment to get by on the pittance they make.

This one looks hilarious though

Orange juice best juice apple juice fags can fuck right off.

What's the absolutely best Breakout clone out there? Arkanoid DS?

Fucking make the entire screen violently shake whenever the ball touch anything and make pressing a button play an airhorn noise

Who would want Jews in their games?

Other jews?

I guess. As long as the Jews in the game are being oppressed so the players can make a profit off it by suing whoever made the game.

What are some juicy games?

100% Orange Juice

10/10 will be bought and streamed by every single retard in Twitch and will make a fortune

"Juice" is what makes a lot of modern games suck, because it's often not readily apparent what is just scenery or effects and what are actually gameplay elements.

That isn't Cosmic Smash

A lot of Breakout's actions don't involve the player's direct interaction, other than the paddle hitting the ball. The ball bouncing off walls or bouncing off bricks are too disconnected from the player, so if you're playing on jazzing up the ball's collision with a brick with lots of lights and sound, it's just gonna feel like noise to the player. It works okay in that Space Invaders clone because the time between the player's button press and the enemy dying is very short. The ball in Breakout can very easily have a lot of dead time before it actually does anything, forming a massive gap between the player and any satisfying display or light and sound.

Consider the opposite end of the spectrum with something like a Platinum Game. Whether it's a sword or a gun, the attacks feel fast and heavy. The time between the button press and it connecting with an enemy is close to instant, and the player feels almost directly connected to the action. Coming from the action genre, the closest sensation that Breakout is going to match is throwing a grenade.

All that said, take a look at Shatter. It seems to have already done what you're planning, but better, and 8 years ago.

(in most games it's used on, which are hip indie trash anyways)
(an absolute no-go for shmups, RTS or platformer games while in combat, unless it only happens when you go invulnerable in the case of shmups or with superweapons in the case of RTS and only for a very short duration)

Why would anyone want this "feature"?
I could understand if this was a FPS because it gives good feedback when shooting or getting hit and makes things look stronger than they actually are but like, i don't know.
For an breakout clone? Why?
Why is this even a thread on itself and not a post on /agdg/?
Are you retarded OP?

bump