'Pokémon Sun' And 'Pokémon Moon' Have Broken A Major Sales Milestone

archive.is/goyIO

So it seems as though sales of not only 3DS software but also hardware is not only not slowing down as people had predicted, its actually increasing.

What do you think this means for the Switch and the future of handhelds in general? For a console directly competing with Smartphones now its interesting to see its managing to actually be the most successful console this generation thus far. And this is in the wake of 3DS piracy as well, which makes the entire thing all the more impressive

I just hope the fact that handhelds are still in demand, that Sony decides to fucking do something with the Vita finally. It's pissing in the wind at this point, but fucking hell.

It's Pokemon GO helping it. The fad was short-lived, but it got ALL the normalfags thinking Pokemon/Nintendo were cool again.

It fits right along with what Nintendo themselves said they wanted their mobile games to do; create demand for their consoles and games.

They won't, because they're fucking stupid, they've already abandoned it so they're not coming back, the only hope is if they release a new handheld altogether, but that seems unlikely since they've probably subscribed to the whole 'mobile is the future ' mentality.

But Pokemon GO wouldn't have been successful if normalfags hadn't already thought Pokemon/Nintendo were cool in the first place. I think the problem is Nintendo has to constantly be fighting with Smartphones for the normalfags attention now

I want reddit to leave. You aren't special snowflakes because you post on an anonymous imageboard.

Not true, I bought my 3ds because the new pokemon game looked good and fire emblem fates

My theory on why the Vita tanked was because Sony themselves didn't take the Vita seriously. I believe they only released it to maintain a status-quo for themselves that they had to release a handheld because Nintendo was. But when push came to shove they had to focus more on mobile shit

I agree, but the normalfag meme was started by autistic NEETs

Just get one used and then hack it to get all the games 4free. All 3DS versions as of right now are completely hackable

You can't say you hate niggers if you want to act like one, why would you just want to steal video games, it's not as if Nintendo is that bad, besides MK8 they haven't been as shitty as most AAA developers

More the memory cards, the gimmick with 2 touch screens, and the attempt to sell as a triple-A machine than a handheld. Still shit that it's dead, it's built fucking lovely.

They said they wanted to continue support for the 3DS in case the Switch didn't go to plan. Looks fine to me.

Hope you liked Sun and Moon, because that's what you're getting from now on.

piracy is duplicating data, its not stealing from anyone. I implore you to read about shit like The Pirates Party

It stands to logic that people who pirate shit most likely wouldn't have payed for it anyways if they had too.

Looks like Nintendo's smartphone thing paid off. Use a shitty app to advertise your main series on your own console. I like handhelds, so it's good to see them not dying to mobile gaming.

Don't worry, when Nintendo catches him he can just give back all the games he stole and everyone's happy :^)

Why did you guys even reply?

Get the fuck out of here, son.

Pokemon Go was successful because of nostalgia and bandwagon mentality.

How fucking new are you, holy shit. If anything, you go back to reddit, faggot.

I think the 3DS will continue to get down-graded ports of some Switch titles (like the Fire Emblem Warriors thing) which shouldn't be too hard since they run on the same architecture. The 3DS won't die out completely, not yet, the install base is too high. 3rd party alone will keep it alive a bit longer. Whether this is a good or bad thing for the Switch remains to be seen, but if Nintendo can convince devs to multi-platform their 3DS titles to Switch with fancier graphics it might end up pushing the Switch to higher ground. Or it might crash it with no survivors. Hard to say.

Because I cant resist proving my intellectual superiority in a dick-waving contest over the internet

Please kill yourself, you aren't a special snowflake, get over it.

Nintendo of Japan maybe, but their US branch is fucking cancer incarnate.

That's not how it works, commie.

Even though the 3ds is doing well Nintendo should be supporting the Switch more, I'm not saying that they should cut 3ds games but I think they should at least make Switch version of all their upcoming 3ds releases.

Come on Ever Oasis and FE Echoes 1080 @ 60fps.

All statistics actually indicate that people who pirate games are more likely to buy more games, since they're more engaged in the hobby than the Halo/Madden/2k/CoD crew who only buy two games every year.

Stop sucking dick any time, faggot.

It honestly makes me wonder, how much money do you think Nintendo would save if they gutted treehouse

I'm no commie. Consider I am simply an antagonist of the cancer that is the modern information-based economy slowly stripping America of its one powerhouse manufacturing-based economy

You're taking product off their online store through a weird glitch. You're taking intellectual property for free

I don't like how you're trying to masquerade around it as if you're not being a dumb nigger

But the product is still on their store, how can you say I'm taking it when its still there?

I've just realised the best thing about the 3DS is the fucking frame rate. Since 99% of games are supposed to support 3D they had to get everything running at 60fps. I know Pokemon doesn't because Game Freak can't code for shit and Iwata's no longer around to ride in and save the day, but the rest of them are crazy smooth. That's one thing I'm definitely going to miss on Switch.

Just a reminder that concepts like intellectual property, copyrights and trademarks are all Jewish in nature and were invented specifically to benefit giant corporations at the expense of normal people.

Reddit, please.

Probably not all that much as they'd then have to hire new people in who are competent at their jobs, presumably at a higher rate.
Unless of course they get rid of treehouse altogether and just let the EU branch take care of translating shit.

I thought piracy wasn't stealing, though. Just admit you want free stuff, that's a perfectly fine justification. Don't pretend your some epic hacker fighting the good fight against the ebil etc etc. It's fucking embarrassing.

But you're still partaking in the benefits of said information economy that allows these games to made and be profitable.

Because you're using the definition of theft before the internet was created. The seller has a product that they're selling online and you found a loophole to take it without paying. It's like breaking the spiderwrap in a store and taking an item

how is paying for a product bad at all, if you like the developers you're just supporting their work, if you don't then why fucking play it at all

This notion of "we weren't going to buy it at all" doesn't make sense at all, you're getting every game on the 3ds, are you saying you bought a 3ds just for the camera and mii maker

faggot please.

Except it isn't because the item isn't taken from the store and the spiderwrap isn't broken, either.

Okay so if I hack your computer and copy your reaction image folder then save it onto mine that isn't stealing, even though it's your property that I took without your permission?

The correct answer is to suffer as a physicalfag even with a hacked 3ds.

Yes, all you did was copy it. Now the real crime is hacking my computer.
Hacking a system you own =/= hacking into someone else's property without permission. Furthermore you don't need to hack to obtain copies of games, either. So you lose.

Not really a great argument because he, in turn, copied those images from someone else.

user, stop thinking about it. The market crashed last year and it's never making a resurgence.

God fucking damn, it's bad enough that Wakfu had me annoyed with that stupid style, but this shit really takes the cake.

I want to pound Mallow so hard.

So exploiting a glitch in their network to get free games that they're trying to sell totally isn't hacking

true, but let's say he's trying to sell these rare pepes on patreon and you have to get 2 dollars to get in, but when he posted on 8ch there was a strange glitch that allowed me to hack his computer and get all of it for free. Is that not thievery?

Difference in a TV series vs what I imagine are cheapo free web shorts

Pokemon needs to die.

and to add onto that he made these rare pepes, 100% homemade and original

I just don't see how peopel think exploiting a glitch in their network without paying isn't thievery

There is no thievery happening because no product has vanished. If you have been ransacked by a thief, you lost something, it isn't there anymore. If you've been plundered by a pirate you can't see the difference because the pirate just made a copy. Note that depending on your system of morality, piracy may still be immoral, but I think it's less immoral than thievery since you cause no direct damage.

Stealing implies that an item was taken and now isn't in the owner's possession anymore.
Copying means that there's now two or more of the same item, one of which the owner still has.

Because it's not thievery, it's unlicensed copying.
Literally, you're making a copy of a thing without a license to make copies of that thing.

So me exploiting a glitch to take product you're trying to sell online is not thievery at all, no?

That is thievery though

Stealing - take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

Mallow's cute, but she's no Lana.

what ancient god is nintendo in a deal with? jews are with moloch, Holla Forums is with Kek, nintendo has to be in some sort of deal with an elder god/demon, they can't keep making the same fucking garbage and breaking record sales. it makes no sense. there's gotta be some sorcery/summoning in between.

the human girls suck in pokemon, except maybe may but she's too tall for a 10 year old.

Lana is one qt but that cooking scene made me fap to Mallow

Fuck off normalfag.

Except it's quite literally a different matter.
copyright is the right to make copies of a thing, copyright infringement is when a person without the right to copy copies anyway, and it is as distinct from thievery as assault is from murder.

I'm glad their still supporting the 3ds but it makes me mad that it took priority over the wii u. I was hoping their support would be they keep the online going while getting the account based stuff ready to be shared with the switch. I like the 3ds but I don't want them spending too much time or money on getting it switch ports.

I wouldn't eat her cooking though.

Okay let's make an example, maybe you'll get that copying isn't the same as stealing.
Billy has a ball. If Timmy comes up to him and takes the ball away, leaving Billy with no ball, that's stealing.
If Timmy comes up to Billy and somehow makes his own copy of the ball from Billy's, they both will have a ball each.

I'm not saying pirating/copying is legal, it's just not the same as outright stealing.

There isn't a glitch to get games off the eShop, you can just get games off the eShop. That's how they set their system up. Also getting games off the eShop for free isn't the only way to get copies of games, tard.

You are taking a copy of a product that they are trying to sell anons. It is their property that they agree to give to you if you pay a fee. You are not doing that though

Thievery - the action of stealing another person's property.

But it's not stealing, we've been over this. There isn't a product or property or funds being stolen.

The original thing never changed possession though.
Stealing a thing requires that the stolen thing change possession.
If the thing does not change possession, then it's not stealing.
In this case, the item has been perfectly replicated in its entirety without express or implicit relinquishment of the right to do such a thing, making it copyright infringement, which is not theft

You are taking their property which is intellectual property in this case for free when they are trying to sell it. Read the definition, it is their intellectual property that you are taking for free

Just shut the fuck up already, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

But I'm not, and you can't prove I am.

Stealing - take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

What part of them not wanting you to take it without you giving it back do you not understand

You are stealing their intellectual property for free. You did not pay their fee to own it

I explained to you how copying is different from stealing with an example that even a toddler could understand, how can you not get it.

You are not taking their property though, there is no repossession of an object happening.
What is happening is that you are making a copy of a thing without any legal right to copy.
Copyright infringement, not theft.

How can intellectual property be stolen? Is drawing a picture of intellectual property stealing to you?

That Forbes blog says nothing about hardware. I'm sure they moved a lot of units over the holidays with the $99 N3DS, but there aren't any figures to support that yet.

It's not really a surprise that the target demographic of Pokemon doesn't know how to pirate games.

It's not worth trying to argue with an idiot. They keep wanting to change the definition of words to suit their agenda.

It's the best game of the series.
Also broke sales records.

He is baiting

So a bunch of fucking gooks in China copying our schematics for their military isn't thievery in your books. They're just copying it guys!

holy shit. 2-screen-nintendo-handheld-successor incoming, this just confirms it. i hope the switch flops, they deserve it with what they did with wii-u users

I never said it was good, just that it's not theft.
Hell, nobody in this entire argument was saying whether it was good or not, just that it's not fucking theft, because the original thing is still in the possession of the original owner.
Am I getting through to you?
Have you finally gotten it through your thick skull that unlicensed copying is not theft?

He's not trying to understand anything you retard, he wants to tell you you're wrong and feel superior. How have you not figured this out yet?

I'm saying it is thievery because you are taking property that they intended to sell from their store without their permission.

Which is absolutely what they should do. NoE has to translate shit in to yurop languages anyway, and their translations are of higher quality, so get rid of the Treehouse which is only doing English translations and give them to an entire suite of translators. Why Nintendo thinks it's a good idea to have two localisation branches in different parts of the world doing the same job is beyond me.

learn your fucking racial slurs, faggot. Gooks are Korean, Chinks are Chinese, Nips are Japs. But they all sound like fucking loose change jingling in a pocket when they speak with their ching chong cling clang bullshit.

And what you're saying is factually incorrect.
If it was a physical copy you might have had a point, but as it is what is happening is a copy is being made without approval from the holder of the right to copy, copyright infringement, not theft.

Don't you ever get tired of baiting?

It is intellectual property though you are exploiting a glitch in the nintendo system to get free games that they are trying to sell….

you guys have nice taste but there can only be one true girl, and it's thicc

They are not selling the game though, at least on the eshop.
They are selling the right to copy that game onto your DS.
Copying the game to your DS without paying for the right to copy it is copyright infringement, not stealing.
Are you beginning to see a pattern here?

NIGGER

DELICIOUS BROWN

Shame she's a chubby chaser like Lusamine

If you don't play pokemon anymore, is there any reason to get a 3DS? The library is smaller than my dick.

Most of them are shoddy rehases, remakes, or ports. I bought mine for Fatlus shit but most of their new games suck. I liked 7th Dragon 3.

wrong, she's dark skin

You're not copying you retard, you're "copying" the software they're trying to sell on their marketplace by exploiting a glitch. By your logic fucking gooks are allowed to hack into American businesses and copy our schematics because they're not stealing they're simply copying.

Sun and moon/ X and Y weren't even bad, I guarantee you haven't even played them

'small' Well I'm sure you never bothered to look it up and compare it to others this generation, since it has a lot more games, that re exclusive to it than the Xbox One which has only 34.

I'M NOT MAKING A VALUE JUDGEMENT HERE YOU EMPTY-HEADED SHIT EATER
There is a difference between theft, in which the original object changes possession, versus copyright infringement, in which a copy is made without the right to do so
If you can't see the difference between these two things, then kill yourself, because you have the legal knowledge of a fucking nigger.
Here it is, in BIG RED TEXT so your retarded ass can have some hope of comprehending it
COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT =/= THEFT

IT IS THIEVERY, IT IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT YOU DENSE FUCK

THEFT DOESN'T APPLY TO INTANGIBLES DIPSHIT
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY IS PROTECTED BY THE RIGHT TO REPRODUCE IT, BECAUSE IT CANNOT BE STOLEN, BUT THE RIGHT TO COPY CAN BE INFRINGED UPON BY UNLICENSED COPYING

All enemies of hebrews are heroes by definition. This is simply a classic tale of Jack Sparrow against the evil east empire company.

No, because the items are still there to be used. Cry all you want, its not stealing if the items still there at the end of the day.

Hes a jew. They always try to twist words against their original meaning to benefit them.

Intellectual property theft involves robbing people or companies of their ideas, inventions, and creative expressions—known as “intellectual property”—which can include everything from trade secrets and proprietary products and parts to movies, music, and software.

This is from the FBI, it is defined theft by law. You are all teetering around semantics saying "well technically we're just copying, it never leaves their possession".

Any taking of their data without their consent is thievery you jaded fucks

But there is no taking of the data.
Nothing is being taken, data is simply being copied without the owner giving the copier the right to do so.
Copyright infringement, which is not the same offense as theft is.

You are copying without their permission that is thievery, that is taking because downloading is just copying.

I just want it to keep alive long enough for Atlus to translate Etrian Odyssey V, it's all I want from this really.

Not that I support the other faggot, but this makes some complicated scenarios.

If I say, copy your social security number and copy your license, then copy your identity and pretend to be you, that crime is called identity THEFT. Identity theft however, is more akin to copyright infringement than actual theft.

It isn't selling purely from marketing unlike PS4 so they abandoned it.

A cheaper Switch model in future plus a even cheaper portable only Switch with better battery life. Despite being the only company that can compete with the mobile Cancer, Nintendo is scared of it taking its third party support.

Identity theft is a third crime, distinct from both normal theft and copyright infringement.
My entire argument is basically that copying things you do not have the right to copy is distinct from theft, and is thus a different offense.

Fair call, I'm just saying that stealing a persons identity is the same as copying things, but is still referred to as theft and culturally acknowledged as such. It opens up avenues for "copying is theft" fags to get in.

If you want to get technical about it, identity theft is in reality a form of impersonation, a person (the identity thief) pretending to be someone they're not (the victim of identity theft).

Why the fuck are you autists still arguing over free-copying? The baiter already left hours ago and yet you still are here.

Fugg

I don't even believe it y'know, i barely hesr anyone talking about this game unlike the others.

Me too, although the FE Gaiden remake looks like it might be worth a pirate.

Technically it isn't thievery because there's no proof that happened :^). Also the allegation is that the Chinese hacked into computer systems which is a federal offense and they didn't steal data they just copied it. Also the Chinese are chinks, not gooks. Try harder to fit in next time, reddit.

So are you ignoring the post I made here?

Freeshop isn't the only way to get copies of games.

oh yeah thats cool. you know whats else is really cool? going back to /r/thedonald

You're manipulating semantics, how is copying something unlawfully that they're selling online not a thievery

Open up a program like peerblock, indonesians, taiwanese, and vietnamese are looking to steal shit too. All those bug eyed animals except Japanese and Koreans are fucking rats about technology

Because thievery removes the original object from the original owner's possession, dipshit.
What you are doing is copyright infringement, which is different from thievery, which is why they charge software pirates with copyright infringement, not theft.

Theft implies that the owner no longer owns the stolen item. Going to a book store and reading a book there is different from going to a book store and taking a book out of the store without paying for it.

Please stop diluting the term thicc.Olivia has a great design but she is not thicc.

bump

I'd call you a furfag but Lopunny does things to my dick.

Sun and Moon are miles better than the hot garbage X/Y was.

At least with going physical used games are a thing if you decide to buy games that are censored.

Slightly better than X/Y? Sure, some of the new battle mechanics were good. Poké Pelago, no HMs and new moves/pokemon were great.
Miles better? Fuck no. It didn't fix any of the problems Gen 6 had, made some of the even worse and added it's own problems on top.
If X/Y was hot garbage; Sun/Moon was a full garbage bag shredded to pieces and dragged over your lawn by raccoons.

its almost like Sun & Moonspeak successfully rode off the Pokemon GO hype train (and during the train's comedown)

Sony handhelds have been marketed terribly from what I've seen. For some reason it seems like they think people want immersive gameplay TM on the go when people really want simple timekillers that they can play for 20 minutes at a time throughout the day.

Let me guess; they ported titles over and added content in them?

I genuinely just think the 3DS is too fucking weak to handle it. Its impressive that the games aren't New 3DS exclusive

you can like a nigger and hang from a tree tho

How about hacking the nigger before you hang it on the tree?

that's messy, but I like the way you think

Gee, wiz, i wonder why noa didn't give a flying fuck about FF or Xenoblade X.

I guess if we didn't have intellectual property for specialized dishes, chefs and restaurants wouldn't be able to make money. Oh wait.

By your logic, it's also theft if I use someone else's recipes and cook meals they invented to run a restaurant, and yet I never deprived anyone of their ideas.

The thing about property rights is that they were established to settle disputes between parties who have mutually exclusive goals for using the scarce objects. Whoever owns the object decides what is done with it. Since ideas are abstract, intangible, not scarce and can be used multiple times for different ends, IP is the antithetical to property rights. To believe in Intellectual Property is to believe that people are entitled to monopolies over the expression of ideas and can threaten violence against other people for using ideas they have acquired.

Have fun with your shitty sequels, microtransactions, franchise zombies and anti-consumer policies. Do you really think EA, Ubisoft, Activision, and Nintendo among others care about producing the best games of their franchises when they're the sole providers of franchises fanboys always buy from?

Sun Moon are the best pokemon games in their 20 year history, on the same level as the Mystery dungeon games
Backwards-thinking nostalgia kiddies tears don't matter and the sales proved it

Sun and moon was an interesting break from the usual formula so I'm not surprised in the resurgence of interest. That said, if they really wanted the Switch to sell, they would have had GF make another game to release the same time as the Switch does.

The 3DS is weak as shit, but it's no excuse for the problems Pokemon has when there are far more demanding games that look better. Look at Kenka Bancho 6; a pseudo-openworld game with dynamic NPCs/AI that has zero framerate problems on the original 3DS. And that's an action game, the framerate problems shouldn't have be happening in a simple turn-based jrpg

It really is Game Freak's fault because even on N3DS models with forcing the N3DS clock on non-N3DS enhanced games it chugs on XY/ORAS when a bunch of shit happens on screen and it really chugs on Sun/Moon in fucking double battles.
Not that frame rate even matters in a fucking turn based RPG, which is what I think GF and TPCi are relying on in order to not attempt to fix their problems

Olivia will never get a man as long as Lele lives

Oh man it's like everyone here is stuck at adolecence

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

Do you think they will sort their shit out when they start bringing games to Switch IF they bring them to switch or will the issues just become more obvious on a more capable system?

I don't even care fam
Then stop playing them or kill yourself fam

Why was S/M so great guys? Anyone here played it?

It's likely a combination of the two, but more on Game Freak being shit at coding anything in 3d. I've been saying it since X/Y came out that they need to have Genius Sonority develop all future pokemon games and just focus on the design and new mechanics.

Nice joke.

Who is this milf.