Which one should I get?

Which one should I get?
The red on is 6 bucks and the speedlink one is 15.
I don't see any reviews on the red one, but I've played it, kinda cheap feeling, light and the 6 face buttons can get cumbersome. Speedlink has solid reviews on the site I want to buy it from.
int.ms-start.com/products/gamepads
speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=4132&pid=38923&paus=1.

Other urls found in this thread:

8bitdo.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI
github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What are you using them for? Just get a usb cord and plug in a Ps3 controller? Everyone usually has one of those. As much as a meme of "Never use third party controllers" is I tend to agree by it. I use a Ps3 controller and Ibuffola Snes controller. Both have never failed me.

I should add that I'd beaten AM2R with the red MS controller without much hassle.

Just PC vidya and maybe PS2/PSX emulation. Some game just play better with a controller, like Darkstalkers, Jet Set Radio, Dark Souls and Quake:^)
I'm not a big spender and definitely not a big earner so I have to save up, even when it comes to the only hobby that's keeping me sane.

The new DS4 is $48 on Amazon, and is the best pad out there for playing that shit. Don't cheap out on a gamepad or you're going to get burned.

get an arcade stick instead

DS3 is better. Though either of them is probably better than the cheap shit in the OP.

Liking the DS3 is fine, but come on.

What are some controllers for pc with bumpers that make driving not only a gas on/gas off process?

I'll give you the triggers, but everything else is better on the DS3. Especially the battery life.

stop right there

Nah, battery life is the ONLY positive.

I get it, you can't afford a new controller and you're stuck with the DS3.

I have both you nigger, how do you think I know it's worse?

You'll want the DS3 or DS2 controller for the button sensitivity. Otherwise you're fucked.

I don't really want to buy a DS3 controller because:
1) those triggers are a bitch to push, my fingers always slip off
2) it's been 10 years and they're still being sold at the same price of $50, which is disgusting

Either lying on the internet, shitposting to try and trick someone into buying a DS3 when the infinitely superior DS4 exists, or you're a manlet and can't handle a gamepad designed for western hands.

Get the red one
All those extra buttons are top tier for emulation.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but can you be a dear and list a couple of known games that use it?

MGS 2 and 3
Bouncer

I think it's just the MGS games that require it.

Silent Hill 2, I think 3 was well
GTA games
Metal Gear Solid games

Played PS2 a long time ago so I can't remember more.

On PC, better than PS2 version when modded.
All on PC, better than PS2.
1 and 2 are on PC, and surprise surprise, better than PS2. MGS3 is the only thing you'd miss.

Not really
You'll need a very specific adapter for DS2 to get pressure sensitive buttons.
If you have a controller with extra buttons you can just map the inputs on those buttons with halved sensitivity.

only mgs4 where you have to beat totally not psycho mantis with the sixaxis crap and also make sure you have a sixaxis controller, what a meme

There's probably more that I don't remember.
No?
The MGS2 port had plenty of issues.

Get the DS3 and plug the usb cord into the computer then.

Wew, modded it's so much better than the ugly low res, low framerate mess of a PS2 version.

You wouldn't happen to to be the PS2 original hardware shill that ruins every single emulation thread, would you? Because you're starting to sound like him.

Solved with an emulator.

No, I like emulation. You're just oversensitive.

Both are shit. Get a Saitek p990.

heh

thats like emulating need for speed underground when a pc port exists

You said it had issues with low res on a PS2 emulator, and I said it didn't. Didn't say you should go for that version instead of the PC version, although I did hear the PC port had some issues.

Are you claiming that you can run MGS2 in HD on PCSX2 at 100%?

I can't, I have an AMD processor. I heard the better Intel processors do a better job at it.

DS1/2 with an adapter to 3 is the best.
Word of warning, these adapters are as flimsy as the DS3 itself.

That is one ugly motherfucker.

I've played the PC port of MGS2 with mouse and keyboard and it was a right mess. I couldn't even get out of the menus or answer the com.

Thanks for the answers so far.

I got one of these for emulation.
It can run in a "keyboard" mode too so you can map it to modern games if you'd like.

8bitdo.com/

There are other things here too like wireless adapters for the old consoles.

Well, shit. What did they make DS3 with? Although that gem controllers broke pretty easily, except the Wii analogs.

get a ps2 controller and a usb adapter

DS4 is a trash controller. Even after remapping the retard buttons and turning off all the gimmicks, the damn thing can't run for 8 hours on a single charge. The only plus is a slightly better set of triggers and a decent dpad.
The DS4 is the result of Sony pretending the vita wasn't DOA and this odd desire to add Nintendo-tier gimmicks to a regular controller.

Either a sonygger or a shill trying to sell DS4 controllers.

I wish there was something like the wii u controller except with a bigger d-pad and 6 face buttons

Select on PC, which you'd know if you actually used one :^)
You mean god-tier macropad for mustards, which again, you'd know if you actually used one.
Man, I'm really missing the two seconds it took me to toggle off the light.
Completely optional features.
Actually 12 with heavy rumble, about 16 without, which, for the last time, you'd know if you actually used one.

Well golly gee, look at that. All of the "problems" are either completely optional features that don't impact you in any way, or are actually pros when used on the PC.

Why are PC fags so delusional? Just because it has a PC port it doesn't mean its inherently good.

It's the same as if you tried to emulate it and then bound everything to M/KB. Use a fucking controller.

Nice non-argument :^)

I can emulate it just fine on my pc, it just sounds like yours is shit.

By binding everything to M/KB? Also, define "just fine", because that's nebulous as fuck and is a weasel phrase.

Why are you baiting on about a shitty console port? Don't tell me you're so poor you played it with a fucking mouse when you need a gpu with over a GB of vram to even play the goddamn thing.

Read the post I was responding to before shitting your pants next time, kid :^)
You still didn't define what you see as "just fine". Just fine" tells me how you felt about something, but not anything substantive about said thing. For example, most consolefags find a silky smooth

why did retards like you have to ruin cute anime girl posting by relying on them to bolster your stupidity

GOONS

(lucky check)
How are the joysticks on the thing? Does it work wired or is it bluetooth only on PC?

What's the ergonomics on the six button layout look like? Seems to make sense in theory.

Get yourself an HORI EDGE 301

But then you can just emulate them and make the PS2 version better (pseudo 60fps hack, none of the non-PS2 version issues, no slowdown)

And if you really want the PS2 filters, functions, models and effects you can mod them back in easily.

1 is shit on PC you're fucking delusional if you think otherwise, emulated with PGXP and OC it's far better than the PC port will ever be, 2 with the most recent fix is pretty much the best version, PS2 emulated has slightly more content but you can't bring the framerate to be as stable as the PC version (doesn't matter much unlike you like mashing the fire button with your stinger)

Sure you can, the last big speed issue got fixed somewhat recently even my old Phenom can handle it pretty well.

There's a HORI pad that has a 6 button layouts on a SNES style shape

Try again sonygger.

Looks like you don't have a DS4, either. Maybe Sony will give you one if you keep shilling their shit controller.

their main page crashed my computer, asshole

Works for me™, using the same driver too.

If you buy a cheap controller you will get exactly that, cheap stuff that just werks but not quite, i advice you to shoot for something over $20 at the very least

that's Nvidia for you

I've got a semi related question, is there a way to rebind a gamepad's input to a PC?
My new gamepad's messed up on some games, such as up and down going left and right, etc. I just want it's input to match an official controller's.

The joysticks are alright. They're a little short, but it's nothing that's a concern, and hard plastic instead of rubber. It works wired and bluetooth on PC.

There are exceptions, the Buffalo iSNES and HORI GEMPAD are very durable and handle nicely but both were available for under 15 bucks at some point.

x360ce or Antimicro

The PS2 version of MGS2 ran at a consistent 60 FPS
what the fuck are you talking about?

Depends on the game, you have to use special software for your gamepad , the kind that makes profiles for games, and if that doesn't work you can always work around it with programs like joy2key

But that's fucking wrong, the sound is off, the fog is off (even when modded).

Nope, on real hardware the outside of the tanker will dip occasionally (you can even see the VR mission timer slow down), the explosion gameover screen on the Big Shell will dip way hard and anything that involves you firing explosive weapons in FPS view will make it dip.
Also by default you're wrong since cutscenes run at 30 or 15fps depending on what special effects it is using.
What are VFPS

i played SH 3 on PC and ps2 and PC was better i never noticed sonething wrong with the fog, PC version has dinamic lightning and other cool stuff, not even mentioning better graphics

Both have, PC is per pixel, PS2 is per vertex.

Xbone controller wired. Haven't looked back and comfy as fug. Hell I was even able to drive in GTA 4.

Sound is embedded.
Some people have marginally improved it by enabling EAX but it's not the same

This fag does a rundown of all the differences between versions.
youtube.com/watch?v=nna2yt1c9gI

Per-pixel's more accurate.

oh shit that's not the pic i uploaded

that's iBuffalo controllers

chunky ass pixels

I wanted this thread to be a controller's thread, not a PC port of specific games debate.

I had that Speedlink. The right trigger broke off within a 3 months of use. I went back to customer services, got a replacement, and the same thing happened to that.

Get a DS4, Xbone pad, or Xbox 360 pad if money's an issue, but nothing below $30.

You really do get what you pay for in gamepads.

Terrible d-pad. I don't recommend it to anyone who plays a lot of 2D games.

Agreed, used to own a 360, d-pad a shit. I had an easier time playing SotN on my phone. No joke.

I don't see a fucking difference

3D will always be PD

My DS4 lasts for fucking ever when I disable the gyro and the light. I don't know what you're on about. Do you have the old model maybe?

Also which gamepad would you recommend with a great d-pad?

I see a Logitech F310 at the store in front of me for 28 euros.
Should I get it?

that's my go to controller, it's pretty great, only thing it sucks at is fighting games but anyone that's serious about those uses a fighting stick anyways

Got it for 25. Turns out it was the last one at the store.

Why didn't you tell me the D-pad was a flimsy piece of shit?

So what's the consensus?

My brother bought it and I don't know what to test it out on.

Had mine for little over a year. It is my primary controller no doubt. Took some getting used to but using regular controllers feels pretty awful now. It obviously isn't going to replace your mouse for fps games, regardless of what Valve thinks when they push CSGO with it. But I've been loving it in Dragon's Dogma. It is perfect for aiming bows and shit and is still great for the regular button mashing attacks. Granted the buttons could be a bit bigger.

It's okay. Especially for 25 bucks, you get a controller that lasts for a while. What it needs, though, is separate drivers to use it without Steam.

Haven't messed with the steam controller outside of steam beyond using it as a wireless mouse when I'm sitting on the couch. Worst case scenario you can just add games as non-steam and get all functionality.
I doubt Valve will release separate drivers because A, they want to keep it locked to their platform and B, it would require somebody at valve actually working.

So, which controller has the best d-pad? Also,

To play MIDI music, obviously

you have to use foss/open source drivers written by other people
like github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller for example

Why isn't that a standard? Sega got it right with the Megadrive.

I dunno man, "not ergonomic" or something. "Too many buttons for the dumbasses to remember where they are".

Well, I've played a bit with the controller. Tested it with MAME, Darksiders II, Binding of Isaac, Rocket League, Shantae 1/2 and Quake Live, all works great.
The D-pad feels flimsy at first, but it works just fine, the box talks about "4 exclusive microswitches!" so I guess that's them at work.
I'm not used to the analog sticks at all, so aiming and switching back and forth between opposing directions is a lot finickier than on a keyboard.
I haven't figured out what the X/D switch on the back does. Does it make the computer recognize the controller as an X360 or Dualshock controller?

Get the one with the chinese buttons nigga. Realk talk though if you want 6 buttons but don't care about analogue inputs, get pic related.

Gotta be careful though, get one with fucky firmware and you're humped. I had one and it mapped random buttons to half movements on the sticks, and directional inputs to say select. You can't remap shit or edit the firmware, either.

Tried to have a shot of it at a friend's house. The drivers kept shitting the bed so hard the PC gave up and gave us a BSOD

Is there a version for people without baby hands?

The switch is for switching between Xinput and DirectInput, for older games that don't support Xbox Circle controllers and shit.

bump Does the PS2 have any decent 3rd party controllers?

Get f310.