I notice a trend within Nintendo about which games get dual audio and which don't...

I notice a trend within Nintendo about which games get dual audio and which don't. Games localized by Treehouse or lead by Treehouse, next to never get dual audio support. Games localize by NoE or by outside companies generally do get dual audio support.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Localized by NoE, has dual audio
Xenoblade Chronicles X - localized by Treehouse with help by 8-4 doesn't have dual audio

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Localized by 8-4, has dual audio
Fire Emblem: Fates - Localized by Treehouse, doesn't have dual audio support

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Localized by Treehouse, doesn't have dual audio support
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - Localized by NoE, has dual audio support
Pandora's tower - Localized by NoE, has dual audio support (published by Xseed in NA, also had dual audio)

Wonderful 101 - Localized by Platinum Games, has dual audio support
Bayonetta 2 - Localized by Platinum Games, has dual audio support

I'm mostly focusing on games released in the last 7 years or so but the consistent trend is that games first localized by NoA/Treehouse do not have dual audio. Basically Treehouse is the problem. I'm all ears for games that buck the trend. Only ones I can think of are games that never got an english dub in the first place. If you know more games that localized by NoE that have dual audio, post them in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mobygames.com/game/wii-u/star-fox-zero/credits
mobygames.com/game/wii-u/wonderful-101/credits
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The real question is, what is it going to take to wipe the scum that is Treehouse off the face of Nintendo?

Maybe they're all moonlighting as hookers and they can get fired.

Treehouse has a cult following in the US for whatever reason. You can't get rid of the whole company and get them replaced by something else. They are too popular for that by nintensheep.

If change is possible, it will have to come gradually by constantly voicing criticism of lack of options (dual audio) or bad localization (missing content, bad unfaithful translation, etc.)

Link has some nice vagina bones

Adding onto that, Star Fox Zero, which was co-developed by Platinum, was presumably localized by Treehouse, and got no dual audio despite both W101 and Bayonetta 2 having it.

I been using moby games to check credits for games. From what it looks like NoA handled the localization instead of Platinum.
mobygames.com/game/wii-u/star-fox-zero/credits

Here is the credits for W101, every who was involved for english ver are people who mostly have worked on Platinum games.
mobygames.com/game/wii-u/wonderful-101/credits

HOW?

They're bloody terrible.

I doubt change will be possible since Reggie and friends are focused on trying to cater to the iOS audience. Why else do you think Super Mario Run off a building was exclusive to iOS? NoA is misleading NCL but they don't give a duck since NoA is making money.

Good analysis OP. Would it be safe to say that Europe is slightly less worse than NoA?

So muslim citizen wouldn't be triggered.

Fuck, my desire to murder people grows with each day

Probably because of Treehouse Live, combine that with Reggie being a meme president in charge, SJW retards and paid shills and you have a tumorous mess that won't go away.

>but they don't give a duck
>don't give a duck

You ever ducked a dick before?

Watch your mouth. the dick might fly into it any time.

The games you listed with dual audio (except maybe Awakening) also happen to have decent English dubs. Coincidence?

I think the problem with NoA Treehouse dubs is not only have mediocre actors most of the time, but the vocal direction is terrible.

But yeah W101 had an amazing dub. Xenoblade too but everyone knows that.

they probably don't include dual audio because they can't even speak Japanese. They cut it out so people can't catch on to their horrible translations.

I'm on my phone

No Billy

That's well known

Other than social media crap that no one ever gives a fuck about, NoA hadn't had a truly public face for years. Probably not since their nsider forums were shut down. When Treehouse, which already existed as a division inside NoA, decided to be NoA's face for the E3 it gained some good PR. This was thanks to maintaining a "we are fans just like you" image. It worked wonders, to the point that even halfchan almost including me, but my pic wasn't done in time so I was left out created, printed and sent the infamous Thank You card that they even took a picture with outside their office.

They sort of quenched a thirst for community interaction, which Nintendo as a whole has always lacked. Everyone has always felt Nintendo is tightly closed to the outside world. And it still is, but thanks to Treehouse you are brainwashed into believing they aren't. Thus its popularity.

Idiots around the internet will defend Treehouse's public face entertaining "us gamers XD" while ignoring Treehouse's private business of ruining games.

Was Fatal Frame handled by Tree House ?

I almost popped a blood vessel.

yes.

the fact that Him and Nich still works at Treehouse shows that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about the people outside of Japan.

Well that game was dual audio. But they still fucked up everything else

Is it dual audio when there is only one audio track? I don't think there was an english dub FF5?

My bad I remembered seeing a trailer with English voice over.

I'm going to assume that Treehouse avoid dual audio deliberately, partly because it lets them get paid for 'localizing' the game and involves no real effort. They've probably convinced the higher-ups in NoA that games need to only have english voices and scripts otherwise the average burger would get confused.

Frankly I just hope NoA don't get a chance to butcher the PAL version of Xenoblade 2 like they did with Xenoblade X. I'll take NoE's Xenoblade voice actors and script any day. Burgers can suffer for all I care, they're the ones enabling NoA to fuck everything up.

Double fucking standards

They don't have dual audio because if they did it would be blatantly obvious, even more so than normal, that their "localisation" is filtered through their ideological lens and personal biases.

Until such a time that treehouse is gone, or at the very least isn't paid based on their work nobody should buy a single goddamn Nintendo product.

If you keep eating the shit the put out they will continue to make more and worse shit

I remember some asshole from Treehouse responding to the criticism of Fate's localization.

"If you don't like our localization, then learn Japanese."

Close. The reason they use is that if the original script was left unchanged in any way (such as the audio), it could spark cultural outrage if people were to find it.

"If people don't have bread, they should eat cake instead!"

I think this literally shown when they had to localize a game that didn't get english dub. They literally had the original japanese VAs rerecord lines to fit their "localization."

Why did the French get so asshurt over that?

Can add the new Zelda to this list too. No dual audio options. What makes this even more ridiculous. Is that if you change your consoles language setting, both the game text and audio will also change to that language. So seeing as all the data is there. Nintendo in all their wisdom simply refuses to add the 20 lines of code, that would make it possible to have whatever combination of audio and text you wanted.
I'll let treehouse slide on this one a little bit though. Because this seems like a decision just stupid enough that only the Nintendo top brass could make it.

It seems like Treehouse added a feature that wasn't in the japanese build that would make dual audio a lot harder. This stupid sentence to sentence subtitle system. Dialogue appears on screen in time with the voice acting.

It's not even well done. The text should be appearing as the words are said, one letter at time. Not in sentence sized chunks regardless of sentence length.