Yfw there are STILL valvedrones going online and defending years old articles shitting on the steam controller

Yfw there are STILL valvedrones going online and defending years old articles shitting on the steam controller

Left youtube on autoplay and for some reason it went down a wikipedia style random hole leading to negative steam controller reviews.
I take a perverse pleasure from impotent rage in comments so scrolled down to see 3 people not only writing essays about how its 'saving gaming' but they are telling everyone to "git gud" who say its bad.

This lead me to look online and see whats what and its like a cult worse than the "b-but you can do anything!" cult that built up around nu males sky

I know theres some valvedrones on Holla Forums, so when you arent buying doter crates like a cuckold do you actually defend that trash STILL?

Its like defending the Ouya, i am so surprised its a thing.

TO BE ENTIRELY FAIR
Aside from the Directional pad it is a fairly okay controller. There's absolutely exaggeration of how it is in both directions.

Sure thing, fenceshitter

Valvedrones are defending the articles?

I mean if you want to bitch about something objectively shit about it, there's the fact that the Steamless drivers for it are stuck in a tardproofed version of Debian.
Or the fact that they couldn't be arsed with desktop configurating SteamOS

Are you pure mustard? because console user here, you are being fucked. Its loud, the sticks are trash and drift like FUCK and the build quality is trash.

You paid for a brand brother, they got you.

No its cringier. There are valvedrones TODAY looking up negative reviews from its launch and telling the reviewer and commenters they are wrong now.
Can you imagine a more impotent attempt at "showing them all!" from an internet beta?

Actually, I'm an idort. Though to be completely honest, I prefer to use a PS4 controller for anything you would really be using a controller for.

someone on Holla Forums right now said gabe newel died. can Holla Forums confirm?

I don't particularly notice, but I guess the touch pad is loud when clicked.

>sticks
Merely pretending, I'm sure.

What the fuck is this even about?

It's not broken like a dollar store hammer, so I'm not really sure what the comment here means. Beyond that, if you got on for $30, that's half the price of a DS4 and Xbone Controller and will probably last as long. Not sure what your problem is, but stop trying to fit in.

Its because Valve is basically a meme-tier company at this point, I'm just glad it took shit like the paid mods debacle for it to set in that the Valve that made shit like The Orange Box is dead.

But the DS4 is $48.

oh bwoy we got a live one.

Please kill yourself.

Fine, 3/5. Does this make the Steam controller a nigger?

If you do not know what controller drift is you are casual as fuck, google the term instead of going "DUUHHHHH I DUNNO WHAT IT IS MUH CONTROLLERS THE BEST!"

Do you seriously believe this? The fucking thing looks like that abomination of a controller known as the Ouya controller dude.
Besides, you're only partially correct since Xbox One controllers are shit quality. My direction-pad buttons require you to push down really firmly on it.

The DS4 controller is god-tier though. Don't even need any official cords to plug it into your computer and charge it either. You can hate Sony all you want, but they did great with that controller. Had my controller since release and it still hasn't broke.

But don't you dare honestly believe that the Steam Controller isn't a cheap piece of shit that is going to break in six months.
Don't let Valve scam you even further like the retards pre-ordering a Nintendo Switch. The exact kinds of people who bought No Man's Sky and Skyrim.

It's an outright shithole, block it and you'll make your life infinitely better.

The Steam Controller is great for Gamecube emulation, and it's neat to have loads of features packed into one controller. Only reason I don't use mine outside emulation is because I already have a keyboard, and most PC games are made for that. Also sitting at the couch and playing PC vidya doesn't work because the UI is made assuming you'll be right in front of the screen. Besides, while the SC is better than other controllers for aiming, it's still inferior to a real trackball.

Honestly the rabid defence of the steam controller is equal to the voracious butthurt zealotry of the nu males sky cult before launch.

heh

It's the best modern gamepad for sure, but if it had, say, a puck-style dpad like the saturn, THAT would be a truly god-tier controller. I would say it's top-tier, but there are things that could be improved.
I don't think it will, since everyone I know with a Steam Controller put it away after using it for a couple of days and hasn't used it since. I think they'll last quite a while with nobody actually using them :^)

It really is.

Can't argue against either of those points, just it's a lot better than most controllers I've used since I started gaming on a Sega Megadrive/Genesis. Every other controller I've used besides a PS1 controller and Genesis controller has always managed to break in my experiences with controllers. The worst offender with shitty controllers has always been Microsoft's Xbox controllers throughout the generations.

Ive had mine for a year, use it regularly and its just fine. It works for games not designed for kb/m and the customized profiles are useful.

I don't get the rabid hate or love for it, its an adequate controller for the price and if people don't like it or its gimmick track pads then just don't buy it?

Nobody should care that much tbh. Its a gamepad for playing lazy console ports just like any other pc gamepad, why would anyone give a shit?

I honestly dont know and thats what fascinates me. How do you feel like you have such a place in the race when there is no race? why do they feel such intense brand loyalty indoctrination for a controller, and not a good one either?

Sorry you wasted your money fagget. stay mad.

That's a good point, I like my SC but I wouldn't recommend one because its not an objectively good controller. The face buttons are a little too far away, the track pads take awhile to get used to and for it to comfortable you HAVE to customize the inputs. The one thing it does have over its competition is the 2 paddles on the back but I have those redundantly bound to b and x or y in the 2 games I use it for anyway.
I think idiots get emotionally invested in products and take criticism personally.
It reminds me of graphics card or CPU fanboys who cant switch when one brand or the other has an obvious price to performance advantage during different generations.

The D pad is loud as fuck too if you turn on the click only input