Why is there only one handheld console that's ever been on the market that is actually genuinely small enough to fit in...

Why is there only one handheld console that's ever been on the market that is actually genuinely small enough to fit in the palm of a single hand?

Other urls found in this thread:

freeroms.com/rom/gba/castlevania_-_aria_of_sorrow_rom.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Lack of demand and partially inconvenience. It's harder to see games with a screen that small but the Game Boy Micro is fun for simple games like the GBA re-releases and a few puzzle games

Because nobody actually wants a tiny screen or a tiny console.

I wish I could find a single one of my GBA games. Those things look awesome but I have nothing to play with them

What kind of manlet must you be to not be able to fit a closed ds in your hand?

It hurts your eyes.

Pokemon Pinball R&S is what I've been playing and it is absolutely FANTASTIC on a Micro.

I'm waiting on my supercard to come in so I can get some actual games (I'm not spending $30 on a used-up pokemon cartridge)

I've also played Tomb Raider: Legend and Advance Guardian Heroes, and from my experience the screen is fine. It looks small, sure, but when you're holding it up to your face it may as well be a fucking IMAX screen.

I just wish there were more consoles like this.

That's just a fucking lie.

Because you live in a small sheltered world.

The SP's form factor is ass, and the other two are a lot bigger than they look.

It's not, i've exchanged mine for an SP because i could barely read text from anything less close than right in my fucking face.

In fact, the entire Game Boy Micro console is almost smaller than the SCREEN on the Wonderswan Color

I've read plenty of text on the screen just fine. What the hell game were you playing?

Shining Soul 2

Are you that skinny-jean wearing faggot that complained about your psp being too big for your pockets not long ago?

I assume the Supercard is just flash memory. How big is it?

Someone else do it for me

I can see this perfectly fine.

It's SD Mini and doesn't support SDHC or SDXC so ~2GB unless you can find a mini SD card with more than that.

Because only an autist would consider "handheld" only applies to the length of the console, as opposed to its width. Or do you hold a fork like in your stupid picture ? Consider spiking your water with bleach.

Why would you want a micro instead of an SP AGS 101? Not like any of us are autistic enough to play it in public so who cares how big it is? Or you can just be like me and use a PSP 2000 with emulators.

I think the Switch's joycons are that small, and everybody mocked it for being for baby hands. So probably because no one would take it seriously

hello

I should really try getting my hands on SMB3 for GBA.

Consoles aren't built for ants

It's smaller, has better buttons and D-pad and higher contrast with more brightness options.
If I had to chose I would go with the Micro. Simply because the AGS 101 can be replaced by a modded Advance. They are still both nice, though.

Both still fit in your hand. Unless you have some kind of tiny girl hands.

there are micro sd to mini sd adapters

They wasted the last of their Nintendium reserves on the Micro, which is why they were so small

Nigger, you just go to a fucking website.

Because it's hand-held not finger-sized you retarded fuck. You should've been baptized with bleach.

Oh man that brings back memories, the dreamcast was truly ahead of it's time.

inb4 ==BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP==

Because something that small is actually unwiedly to play vidya on

Then you should also be too lazy to breath, both require an equal amount of effort

It's such a shame that no company carried on with this idea. The closest thing we'll have is the switch. But I so like the idea of having a console+portable portion in a single system

Because handhelds are actually thinly veiled toys.
I tried playing on my DS outside once. It was awful.

what happened?

He got beat up and mocked by Quentin and the Diamond Dogs

The DS Lite is actually alright the battery lasts a day and you can make the screen bright enough to use in the sun. but any other modern portable, have fun with the 2 minute battery life that becomes 1 minute at any brightness setting and games that require constant attention instead of randomly flipping the thing open and playing for a few minutes. At least they're actually portable and you can just assume the anons complaining about the lack of portability are manlet nu-males with skintight jeans.

You want a truly tiny handheld, check the Pokémon Mini.

But does it run crysis?

Sounds like a good Unix machine.

ok funny man

The best Unix machine is an oscilloscope.

I don't understand why they removed the link cable port, though. I had actually wanted a new GBA when that came out to play Gamecube fourswords on, but since it didn't have the port, I just got another SP.

a, b, start, select, up, down, left and right give you eight inputs, amounting to three bits per press. There are 95 printable ASCII characters, so if you describe sequences of keypresses with an octal scheme you could assign 00₈ through 67₈ to the first (or most common) 56₁₀ characters, allowing you to enter them with two button presses, and enter the other 39 with three button presses, the first of which is always 7, from 700₈ through 749₈. That's reasonably efficient.

That wasn't a commercial release though and only had like 2 games(?) on it

If you're going to have a reasonable opinion, why do you even post?

I own it and the whole series on GBA. it's fun as shit.

These double dubs are scaring me.

is there anything similar to these ?

BRING BACK THE '80s

Sounds stupid enough to be him, if he thinks handheld means "fits in your palm" rather than "held in your hands".

Maybe you have small beta hands.

Was this made by the same people who made Sigma Star Saga? The font is a dead ringer.

I really want to play that game to.

Couldn't you just get an emu? Here's the rom freeroms.com/rom/gba/castlevania_-_aria_of_sorrow_rom.htm

Why do parents do this shit? Why do they suddenly decide to throw away their kid's property? What's the correlation between having kids and waking up one day and thinking "I better grab the product of my hard work and a gift to my son and put it in the trash for no valid reason!"?
When i was a kid i had a bycicle, one day i decide to ride it and it's gone. I asked my mother and she said "you weren't riding it so i put it in the garbage truck". Of course, it wasn't even halfway into the month and i had used it multiple times (i only remember this part with such detail because my 12 year old self was furious about that part in specific, not even because it was complete bullshit). Stuff like that happened multiple times during my childhood and i've seen anons say similar stuff.

well there was the pocket station

so basically like a chording keyboard?
With a bit of ambition you could make yourself a mailbox sp.

Not vidya but,
My fury knows no bounds

Are these Tiger wrist games? Never had these specifically, but I loved shit like that as a kid. Also tamagotchis were fun as hell

my mom got evicted and my dad left the state halfway through my freshman year lost literally everything but some clothes and books. the lesson here anons is that once you turn 18 buy a fucking storage unit.

Another thing that got me furious

oh shit, meant to make an on-topic post.

I love the GBA SP. I just got one because I didnt have one as a kid and its literally everything I wanted from a mobile gaming device. A backlit SNES with a rechargeable battery, and it's the size of a Klondike bar? Sign me up. It's smaller than my wallet. I'm gonna get an everdrive soon and go nuts. It has probably the best portable library of all.

I don't like using my phone to emulate because I end up needing my phone for internet and as a phone, so small handhelds are great.

Even though I've had enough money to buy a PSP/Vita DS/3DS in the past couple years, I've been turned off by size and libraries. The DS library is supposed to be good but I might just emulate it.

Sorry, i mean

Holy fuck this is making me remember a bunch of retarded shit my parents did, normally involving throwing cash in the trash

What the fuck

Oh snap