Breath of the Wild: No dual audio and alternate ending

Audio archive: archive.is/LrkyJ
Alternate ending archive: archive.is/6BhQX

From another source:

Guess this is now a good reason to wait for the Switch to get hacked?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc
ghostbin.com/paste/k5apn
nichegamer.com/2016/03/18/nintendo-bravely-second-side-quests-changed-from-japanese-feedback/
archive.is/gZTGQ
nichegamer.com/2016/02/report-dozens-of-costumes-censored-in-western-release-of-bravely-second/
nichegamer.com/2016/01/supposed-gay-conversion-scene-in-fire-emblem-fates-being-removed-from-western-versions/
archive.is/9BdQJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is truly a patrician fetish, I love it. I need more.

Oh god, i can't wait for this game to come out and be an utter failure wasteland traveling similator like MGSV and FFXV. It would be even better if it got shat on by the media as well like Skyward Sword.

I want to rub her eyebrows and lick her forehead.

cancer

Wowie

Fuck, I didn't save the webm comparing all the diff versions of Zelda crying.

Pretty much:

I would say it's a cultural thing. Western nations try not to hold back outbursts of sadness for fear it makes them look childish. Usually in media a single tear rolling down the cheek or holding back the tears with a cracking voice is shown. While in Japan media, showing someone breaking those bonds makes it heavier- that they are truly miserably. The true misery poking out from behind a veneer of calm and control Vs. the facade cracking and the heart on show. Both can be effective when done correct.~
But really, other nations don't give a fuck about VA work unless it's a AAA movie or game. And Nintendo titles have fallen to AA since half their protags don't speak- and this is Zelda's first time. The english voice could have been OK, but the director's orders on her showing emotion was shit. She speaks like royalty, but she doesn't cry like someone who "everything [she] did was for nothing."

Japanese foley just feels "right" in Zelda. The weird NPCs feel weirder with that Japanese twang- while with an english voice it'll sound almost too cartoonish I fear.

You can import sure, but as OP said- Switch is just getting more and more reasons to be hacked.
Import from Japan (fuck NOA) and patch in translations + voices.
Once the patches start happening, re-balance and texture patches could even become more common.
Eventually, some will go the whole hog and just pirate, but put it on Switch instead of using an emulator on PC.

Who knew Nintendo would help birth more modders, translators, and pirates by dropping the ball constantly.

Any more art of BotW Zelda?

Fixing themselves Vs. Crashing and others rebuild it.

Though the latter has the risk of it being rebuilt by people who are even more shit than last-time.

Gaming is going through the "modern art" phase. Only no one buys AAA vidya to launder money.
We need to keep mocking bad games, but also share and encourage people to play good games- especially the old ones.

I'm defiantly and officially skipping this one now.

Voice acting is cancer and makes international releases more complicated than they need to be. Nintendo should have stuck with their dumb Hylian non-speech, it was at least inoffensive.

What, like not dying throughout the game? It doesn't look too hard. Those Treehouse fags were horrible.

This TBH.
They're fishing for an award for story-telling.
But they forget every line read is perfect when you have no VA.

Not even that I bet. It'll be a "Good" and "Perfect" ending depending if you do all the side-quests, get all the collectibles, etc.

So does that mean there's only 1 version of the game with all languages?

I thought they were alright?

Cool, it comes out in just under 6 weeks, time to freeze myself and thaw myself out in 6 weeks.

Link's Awakeing?

AA is where it's at.

Well, niggers are only gud at fighting games tbh fam

Tbh the latam and italian dub are so damn good compared to the english dub.

I'm not sure user, I went safe because most faggots here complains about not archiving everything.

Can Link's Awakening even be considered an alternate ending? I thought it was the same ending but just an extra scene.

Jesus this combat looks horrible, it's just A spamming with lock-on while dodging every once in a while.

Skip to 5:34

It looks exactly the same as WW and TP's, so yeah.

They gotta keep the mechanics as simple as possible lest they confuse the sweaty masses of hamplanet GRRL gamers and journalists.

Isn't that just every zelda game ever? If you wanna shit post get better at it.

I think bad Jap VA work does get a free pass a lot of the time thanks to us simply not knowing if it is over-acted or not by Japan's standards.
It'd be like showing them The Room, telling them it's how real Americans speak. Some would believe it.

I think that scene does have a reason for the break-down like that, and I think the Jap VA did good work. But I don't have context- both for the story and her acting.

Though Japanese VA work is apparently "on par" with proper acting (aside from seasonal anime garbage). Or is that just a meme from the otaku?

Pretty much this.

Look at that. How in the actual fuck do you mess that up. It's not even fuckin moving. You have a sprint button AND a fuckin Jump button.

Goddamn, and don't get me started on actually getting hit by lasers when you have "I win" slowdown mechanic.

With luck user, someone will patch the game for the Wii U version.

You are right, i just looked at the comments section of the latest trailer and its almost entirely composed of gurrl gamers

You are going under the assumption that i was baiting and not poking at Nintendo's lack of progress in their game design

Kind of.
Usually enemies can't be hit, take no damage, or have a lot of health.
So you have to rely on equipment to weaken them, or move around them and hit them when/where vulnerable.

Rock thing seems to be a miniboss- and all the bosses tend to become vulnerable, then you hack the shit out of their exposed weak-point while you can. But yes, it seems easy being all you have to do is climb up it and hit it, rather than expose that point.

Hylian voice hack when?

Why doesn't anyone draw her in this outfit?

That I'll give. For all the (pretty decent) ways they've done dungeon puzzles over the years, enemies are still "puzzles" as oppose to enemies.

The closest we got to a better combat system was Wind Waker (Quick-time event for extra damage), Twilight Princess (learn context specific commands for extra damage), and Skyward Sword (waggle and hope you swing the correct way). And only one of them was any good IMO.

She seems to have this "royal dress" (even though hyrule castle is occupied by Ganon), and her blue uniform like Links.

Is she part of a guard of some sort? Yet she keeps her families title even after the apocalypse?

Soon hopefully. Though the scenes where they speak in full sentences will have to be Japanese I guess.
Or endure an amateur VA speaking gibberish.

TBH I'd rather have people bitch at Ninty until they fix it. I'd actually buy it then. After the Switch has 4 other titles I want to buy and a price drop.

I wonder if we see the Skull kid or something. Deku tree?

Wind Fish?

Because I don't think there's a character sheet with that outfit available I guess.

Deku Tree might have appeared for a split second at the end of the recent trailer, but it looks exactly like it's Ocarina of Time design- which is odd since Ninty love to redesign everything.

Skull Kid I'd have said no if it wasn't for his cameo in Twilight Princess.

You'll certainly get references to other Zelda games. Like how the flying whale in Skyward Sword was kinda like the Wind Fish.

I have a WiiU but I'm still not getting it. Her english VA is giving me bad Dragon Quest flashbacks.

FOUND IT

The Japanese voice acting industry is MUCH larger than the west's and doesn't have anything like the American Screen Actor's Guild using protectionism to stop new actors from getting jobs and incestuesly keeping there own actors, like Jennifer Hale, in literally every game, making every western game sound eerily similar. Thusly, there is much more competition in Japanese voice acting, along with larger pay packets.

I'm sorry what?

Is there an actual reason to not include dual audio in a video game? I can think of literally no reason.

Or, you know, just play the undub on a hacked WiiU. Hell, it being perfectly playable on CEMU will definitely come before the Switch is hacked.

People generally prefer subs over dubs.

Checked
You Burgers really need to purge your localizers
The English dub was the only shitty one

Storage? Then again, the japanese voices in Dragon's Dogma were offered as free DLC

Neat. Competition breeds success.

Not to mention the early imports of Anime to the west resulted in a lot of people giving bad voice acting a pedestal.

I love embed related because when you look at dubbed anime- even for something that isn't trying to be serious- it's obvious how bad the acting is. Even western children's cartoon VAs can act better than western dub anime VAs- in silly scenes and especially serious scenes.

I don't think anyone got a good look at the outfit so people are avoiding drawing it.

with all the references to other games so far I think there is at least a decent chance for either or both.

this.

One common reason giving is a lot of japanese voice actors need separate contracts and shit for foreign markets so it is cheaper to just dub it. I don't know how true it is though.

But the Sub is the same as the dub, words wise.

I'll never understand you people. Who in their right mind honestly hopes for video games to be shit?

New Zelda best Zelda

But at least with subs I can imagine how the voices would sound like, instead of having some shitty VA who never went to acting 101 dubbing the character.

does the game even have enougth voice acting?
last time i checked zelda games had yhe chatacters speaking giberish

We must go through bitter waters before we reach the sweet.

they changed it for casual retards with no imagination because that is the common video game player at this point.

They also left the Koroks exactly how they were in WW.

The outfit is visible when she screams "No" in the recent trailer.

Latin American is even worse than English though.

They're called subtitles.

With subtitles, you are at least getting the original voice direction even if you don't understand Japanese; with the writer and voice director in the same room as the VA, ensuring the correct emotional portrayal. There are a thousand ways to sigh, exasperation, remorse, sadness, snark, but when the script reaches America all the American VA will have to work on is a line saying '[Character name] *sighs*'.

Japanese licensing for voice acting and the contracts involved is a much more complicated affair than in the west, to an extent that goes beyond my personal knowledge (though if I had to guess, I'd say the Japanese actors being able to negotiate their contracts individually (thus making them wildly different), and not within the confines of the rules of the American Screen Actors Guild (thus making them generally similar), probably has something to do with it), but generally, localisers wanting to ship dual audio have to pay fairly substantially for the rights to distribute it outside of the Japanese region.

What would work for Zelda's VA- if she had to have one?
Find examples and surprise us.

I think as long as we nurture good indie titles when we find them, encourage rampant spreading & emulation of old titles, then it'll be the comfiest crash ever for the consumer.

Yeah, that is odd.

But in Japan as well. Usually they design for Japan and don't give a fuck about the west (change what you need to, but it's a bonus otherwise).

Lolnope, just watched it. The English one is just atrocious

Switch Pre-Orders sold out in five minutes in Japan. It's the most successful video game console there in years. In fact, it's pretty much single-handedly given hope to the Japanese games industry that they aren't dead yet.

So no, it isn't going to fail.

The multiple endings thing probably has to do with when you fight Ganon. They said you can do it at any time. I imagine the ending is different/better if you do the other stuff too instead of just going right there.

The game isn't even out yet, why are you so certain that it will be good? I mean people are going to suck its dick regardless just because its Zeldo and AAA means paid reviews.

I'm not certain. I'm certain it will be successful. Two very different things. That said, what I've seen of the game at the very least makes it look fun.

I guess I read the article differently to everyone else, it doesn't say there is no Japanese Audio on the game cart but just that the games language is determined by the users or systems region setting, Nintendo even said that a users acount region determines the the store they download software from.

Only in parts did they speak gibberish, most of it was sighs, grunts, laughs, whatever sound people make when they pout, scowls etc. to convey the tone of the message, and personally that's the perfect way to do a game without proper voice acting, especially a game built for modding, you could just grab anyone from the office and have them make those sounds and you'd fill your entire game world with unique sounding characters.

I think she sounds forced like Japanese women "orgasm" sounds. You're right on the money with The Room idea, I think the old lady voice is the perfect example, the english old lady doesn't sound like what I'd expect an old lady to sound like, it sounds like a voice actor trying to do an old lady's voice but because I don't know what old japanese women sound like the japanese one sounds perfect, and maybe it is perfect but without a good reference I don't know.

I was making a stupid joke.
youtube.com/watch?v=TyUArTDYYVc

all that is needed is an update to change that
but will nintendo do it?

But will the Switch be successful here? It seems like a console built for Japan.

I did not like the english voice actors so I'm going to play it in latin american spanish. At least the old lady actually sounds old.

plz let nintendo die, they deserve it

So assuming i have an american switch and an american zelda, could i change my system to switch and get jap zelda? Could i change the system language at all on the switch?

Honestly, why can't they just keep up the trend of having them speak in bleeps and bloops? It's worked very well in that it leaves a lot to the imagination.

Having lines outright spoken takes away a bit of that charm. But VA done can be great too, however

You're right in many ways. This console was, basically, all or nothing. A lot of 3rd parties threw their weight behind it because the saw it as last best hope for Japan's console market. And while it's far from decided, it's extreme success in Japan is a hopeful sign for them. I mean, preorders are sold out here too, it just took a little longer. We'll have to see how it does beyond that. That being said, opening with a Zelda was a smart move, and make no mistake that will move units here.

The Switch is also gimicky for casuals more in an interesting way than the Wii-U was, which was basically a terrible idea from top to bottom. The whole "you look at two screens and there's this tablet!" turned everyone off. This kind of weird transformer thing is likely to attract more people, though I think it's lacking a "Wii Sports" like seller to box with the game that uses the Joycons in an interesting way. The games they have, the weird spring arm thing and the collection of random mini-games, don't have the same draw. Plus, they aren't bundled.

I expect the Switch to do considerably better in the Western market than the Wii-U did, especially if they can keep up good first party software support. However, I don't expect it to be the pop culture bubble the Wii was.

I'm guessing its pretty much like

If you know japanese you shouldnt' have any problems then.

There are large groups of people who find it difficult to try anything new; they can only find comfort with established franchises they have known since childhood and it takes them great will to try anything different. One of those groups are Star Wars fans, who happily gobble up the sequels, which are reduced to parading the iconography of the public perception of Star Wars for tickets. Another is Nintendo's American fanbase. The switch is launching with a Zelda; it will be financially successful.

Im studying it. I still can barely make sentences, but im trying.

There's no way it could be. I don't think it's possible for Nintendo to get their Wii days back any more than it's possible for them to get their NES/SNES days back.

Alright, I'm not getting this thing at launch then. Gonna play it for free on Wii U, preferably with a restoration patch and see how much they censor their shit for the first few months.

It sounds like that will be the case based on what Oman Au said, but what he said this between translators, there's a chance information got lost going through both ways.

Simultaneous launch, could be 1 cart for all regions, I doubt there is much actual voice acting in the game and most lines are through text.

The Switch is in a position where it can succeed unlike the WiiU but there's really no knowing if it will, even if it is a success western support will dry up fast and any support that remains will be low quality trash, I could see Capcom however supporting the fuck out of the Switch with their console titles doing poorly, the switch having lower development costs and the mobile edge that the Switch brings.

Don't let NoA hear you say that. They'll have you drawn and quartered.

even the spanish VA sounds better than the english one. What a joke

so knowing the english version of the game is shit because "localization" means brutally fucking over everything in the game for no reason.
what is the point of the switch at this point.
can't play splatoon 2 online without some Extra paid online crap not to mention needing a phone app to access shit most likely.
50 dollar bomberman
coupled with a expensive everything just to have small amount of fun for 3 hours on the go does not sound appealing to any kinda of costumer ever.

I mean hey, Mario Odyssey looks pretty good

This bullshit sentence by sentence subtitle dialogue system is probably the main justification for BotW for not having dual audio support within Nintendo. Dialogue appears on screen in time with the voice acting. This is a feature no one wants and no one fucking asked for. I'm sure Treehouse tried to shove in the game so they could say that dual audio support was impossible.
Worst part is that it's not even in the japanese version of the game. There is no point for this what so ever.

not extremely terrible VA but still overall terrible VA done with the english version.
not like it matters history is gonna repeat it self and the switch will probably do worst then the wii u.

I guess I will just play it in taco

That's a funny way of saying death spiral user.

I don't even think that possible considering how badly the Wii-ni bombed

I just have no drive to play this after what I've heard of the english voiceover.
Any chances for some WiiU homebrew mod that replaces the audio?

anyone have pics of the gerudo and red fish stick?

Were they actually going for GPS navigator voice in the English version?

Is it just me, or the spanish VA say way less words?

Gook VA sounds like an airport announcer and its still better than the burger one.

Is there something inherently wrong with spanish for you to say "even"?

I can't read moon runes, so it looks like I'm playing in Spanish

See

Import it is, then.

Spanish (From Spain) has a reputation for being disgustingly bad

So it's seriously going to be exactly not like they showed on their stream? Fucking SUPER. Well at least more endings is alright I guess.

Yes it does. It expressly says that you won't be able to get the Japanese audio - at all - but that if you change the language of the console the menus and in-game text would be whatever region you choose.

It also means, however, that if you bought a Japanese copy but had the console set to English then you'd get Jap voices with English text.

They're kinda implying you don't need to import, just change your language settings to nip and you should be fine. I could be wrong tho.

No. That's not what it's saying at all. They are doing what has already been done with Hyrule Warriors and the 3DS pokemon games; Both Japanese and English is on the cart, it's what your system (or for the switch; the account) is set too. If you pirated the Japanese version of Hyrule Warriors and played it on an American 3DS the game would be in full english instead of Japanese.

What they're saying is if you buy the US version of the game but play it on a japanese account; the game will play Japanese audio and have Japanese text.
If you play that same copy but on your US account; it will play in full english.

I read it as that european players would not be able to select japanese audio with english text and that changing the system to japanese would change the game itself to japanese.

Then why the fuck is there japanese text on the faggot cart. gay.

Latin america spanish sounds alright

It seems you guys are confused.

What Aonuma is implying is this:

You don't need to make multiple accounts to change the language.

This brings a new question for the Wii U, since the console only has like 4 or 5 languages in the console? You won't be able to change to japanese because I don't recall seeing it as a language option.

It still plays anything that isn't Mario Kart like complete shit with very powerful hardware, unless it gets some very rapid progress very quickly it stands little to no chance of being an option for BotW.

My question is, why?

What does Nintendo gain from locking this out? Is there a reason? Did they just not think to do it? Did not a single person think maybe to make the voices optional if they knew many would dislike it? Why do companies do shit like this?

I was thinking about getting a switch but now I've made up my mind to not get one. Not because the voices are that big of a deal, but because I don't want to put faith in a company that has already burned me before and is being obtuse for no fucking reason other than "we are a large megacorp and will do whatever we want".

When the fuck did the media do anything except circlejerk Skyward Sword?

Because someone at the head of nintendo cannot achieve orgasm unless a stupid decision is made during every game they ever make.

They are incredibly low budget most of the time, but when money is rightfully alocated for real actors, they actually make great dubs
Shamefully they are "russian guy translating everyone on real time"-tier in all the important jobs

bretty good

wonder if zelda will have big russian tittays in this version

It got a 7 from gamespot

Is there an option to turn the voices off?

Because holy fuck the english va in what we've seen so far has turned me way off

I just want Animal Crossing voices

Don't ruin his dreams like that faggot, let him tell himself Cemu will run BotW perfectly, let him meme his dreams into a reality

This is why Zelda never had voices before. Why the fuck did Nintendo decide to choose now of all times to listen to the idiots?

They want the The Last of Us audience

People kept complaining they didn't listen.

If they wanted that, they wouldn't make a game at all

The game is as easy and simple as ever with a clear focus on both cinematics and "muh open world", it clearly targets a similar audience.

Bait shitpost same difference. it was a retarded statement either way.

Oh lookie here, mister! I know what you are trying to do, yeah, i do! No matter what i reply to you it will always be either a shitpost or bait but oh no, i'm about 30 steps ahead of you by stating that (the obvious) on my post. I win, checkmate.

Back2REbit kiddo

It's going to be easier to emulate Switch games than WiiU games. No weird screen to worry about, and inbuilt lower res version.

Did you play the game?
1 trailer so far has focused on the story the rest have focused on player driven exploration, puzzle solving, combat and things that aren't the story
Citation needed

Yeah your statement is shit and so are you.

based on what?

Can't tell which one's the boy

We'll see, I think Cemu was so easy because of similarities to the Wii/GC and readily available SDKs. I guess in the sense you posted it would be, but the Xbox 360 should be by that sense but there still is no viable emulator for that system, at least not to my knowledge.

Isn't that mostly because Nintendo gave IGN a review copy but not gamespot.

Because she looks better with no outfit
Double post for spoiler

Why would you ever play anything in English to begin with?

So Japanese is out. English is obviously not an option.

That leaves German or French, I can read those languages. Goddammit thanks Nintendo my high school French teacher will be proud. Je suis Zelda.

Western nintendo games have always had iffy voice direction. Kinda shows that NoA is in charge of it. Meanwhile NoE is fucking godly usually.

Can't wait for the memes.

TP had the right idea with the hidden techniques. They just never really used it to make the gameplay more challenging.

Such a hypocrite. I like Japanese VA but don't act like as if we have a variety of voices. We always have the same tsundere loli VA, the same hard boiled detective VA, the same Gintama-ish VA, the same etc etc etc

I liked nice eyebrows as long as they dont go overboard.

WHORE ALERT
WHORE ALERT
WHORE ALERT
WHORE ALERT
WHORE ALERT

its more a crazy bitch warning then being a whore, although its pretty likely she is one.

They're Jewtendo's target audience. It's not about gamers and children anymore, it's about the hipster crowd and leddit.

I will never understand why weeaboos like that squeaky shit so much.

Isn't this just a subtle indicator of what regions are most-infected by anti-meritocratic hiring practices?

Si!

It's like faggots like you love to cringe

It's better than listening to the verbal equivalent of a balloon being slowly deflated.

I prefer to mute the game than listen to western VA

I really don't like the western VA either.

The best version is russian anyways. We must all learn cyrillic.

At the very least Japanese voice actors have emotion, even if they do sound like balloons rubbing together at times.
While giving Zelda a posh flair is fine, it clashes with the apparent post apocalyptic vibe of the world and her emotional dialogue is flat and unconvincing as a result of both the accent and voice actress.
The sobbing could have been passable if she had included even a muted shriek immediately after as Zelda buries her head into Link's arms.
As it stands now, I'll be playing the game in French to avoid the flat English performance.

Yet they all sound the fucking same.

I think what the VA was going for was regal composure and understatedness. A princess, or in her case I guess a queen, does not cry like a shrieking kid.

If that's the intent of the voice actress and/or writer, then fine, I'll go with it. I'll still be playing in French, if only to brush up on the language

But that doesn't matter in the context of the scene. If she's supposed to remain composed and collected throughout the game as the heir to a ruined kingdom, then her loss of composure needs to be a sharp break from her previous dialogue.
The scene presumably depicts Zelda at her lowest point, therefore the scene should show raw emotion to add depth and a human element to an otherwise reserved character. Zelda in Twilight Princess was flat specifically because she was always composed, no matter the circumstances.

They should give us the FUCKING OPTION. Or do you get triggered by choice? People can then play with the audio track they want. You can play it in Polish for all I care.

I don't know about that guy, but denying you fucking weebs the Jap audio track in video games does give me pleasure.

Why? Because video games don't need it the way movies do and you are being needlessly autistic and causing problems for everyone who isn't a fucking weeb with your demands.

I'm still not convinced that's a woman. Looks just like your stereotypical dude in a metal band. That jaw and nose certainly aren't helping.

Nigger, I wanted pretty much anything but the English voices. I don't need voices in a Zelda game, I was happy with noises that depicted tone and general emotion and then the text at the bottom for me to read. Instead we get this shit.

TWO FUCKING LINES OF CODE TO ADD A GODDAMN BUTTON TO CHANGE SOUND LANGUAGE
Why the fuck are jap devs so goddamn retarded when it comes to those things? Western games are shit infested as fuck, but at least they add reasonable fucking options. Jesus christ.

And what you think it will come first? Rapid improvement in PC hardware and CEMU speedhacks or a Switch hack? 3DS took 3 years to hack, WiiU 4.

Joke's on you. I have a hacked WiiU and don't give a shit about CEMU. But waiting for the switch to be hacked is the most retarded choice if you want to play an undub of BotW. You can play it day 1 on a hacked WiiU, you could probably play it next year on CEMU if you have a beefy PC or you could wait ~3 years for a Switch hack like OP is suggesting.

Devil's advocate here: Maybe it's a size concern? shipping with an extra track of audio might bloat the game's size

Knowing nintendo, I bet my left ball this game isn't going to be that big. And if devs managed to have like 8 language sound files even on god damn dvds, then this should be no problem either. And if somehow that would be really impossible, they could still add the option to download soundfiles. Really hate to use the current year meme, but it's 2017 mate, Nintendo are the only ones who have a service from like 10 years ago.

Isn't it partly cost cutting? It's cheaper than paying extra royalties for Jap VA for western release. But Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by not making up a new language instead.

I thought that was Andrej Pejic for a second. He was doing so well as a male model with androgynous features modeling for women's clothing. Then he had to cut off his dick and be Andreja Pejic.

That just seems like a pointless thing to do when you've already got the looks. Stupid ugly trannies cut off their dicks like it isn't a big deal. Him cutting off his dick is about as bad as a loss feature as no dual audio on what is suppose to be a next gen console.

Please explain how having incorrect voice direction is the same as having voice direction with the writer in the room.

Maybe it's like reading a novel. It's not hard to grasp how to VA if you manage to be part of the story instead of hiring random prostitutes to perform it.

Makes sense, but Nintendo is basically printing money, no need to be such fucking jews counting every single penny. If other even less succesfull devs manage to release with such basic service, then i expect Nintendo to do the same.

Audio is HUGE. Have you ever tried torrenting a game with multiple language options? It's usually like 30 GB for an otherwise 4 GB repack.

Why did you post a picture of Axel Rose?

Isn't that a game dev meme? It's only to prevent piracy and inflate the size of the game.

Uncompressed audio is XBOX HUGE yes, but even when compressed it's gigantic.

I'll give it 20~30 MAXIMUM for audio files. FFXV managed to cramp dual audio with heavy textures and FMVs into sub-60Gb. No excuses for 'no space on disk' unless they're still using floppy disks. Isn't MGSV full of uncompressed files? It's possible if they tried or willing to spend a little.

Jap wasn't that good, English was too deep, LatAm, Spanish, French, and German all sounded pretty good. Go NoE.

If I can remember correctly you can fit 8 hours of MP3 audio/74 minute redbook audio on a 700MB CD. Having six languages would probably at most have 3GB of audio for some MGS level narrative. 26GB of audio is excessive so you could say that whoever is putting the audio on the media format isn't being efficient with it.

Can't wait for the porn.
Game is sure to be complete shit though.

I'm surprised no one has combined a picture of Chris Chan with Zelda running away.

O CHOSEN UNDEAD

ITS LITERALLY FUCKING DARK SOULS

SWEET

Also

Muh dick.

Their excuse is it shortens loading times because there's no need to decompress the audio before playing it. The reality is they're just shit at making video games and need uncompressed audio so it runs smoothly.

This whore is a great DP queen.

Yeah but a much bigger file means longer loading times, right?

People can't tell the difference between MP3 at a bitrate 128khz to CD quality audio. You don't need to compress MP3 because it's already be compressed and providing you have mastered the audio properly you will not get alising artificats. The load times and quality of audio narrative is just an excuse for their port planning.

That would be the least of our problems user

Bitches with this hair will take your shit then accuse you of rape so you end up in jail and fucked for life

not that big of a deal for me

The last main console zelda was Skyward sword

I DON'T CARE ABOUT DUAL AUDIO
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN TURN IT OFF

Wait why are people calling this zelda a slav? I don't get it.

Someone said she looks Slavic, and now everyone's parroting it. Dem eyebrows, though…

TOUCH
FLUFFY
EYEBROWS

Eh, I see what they're doing here.Zelda breaking down and crying is an attempt to make the game more emotionally charged then it should be, and male players will instinctively want to protect, cuddle and fuck her. They want the final fantasy audience, or more precisely, the Final Fantasy VII+ audience.

The game might be decent, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, so it will probably be total ass, mainly catering to people with a crying fetish and r34 artists besides of course Nintendo fangoyim, gurl gaymers and people with shit taste, especially since you need to buy their newest turd of a system to get Final Zelda Game XIII: I want to viciously rape Zelda only to see and hear her cry Edition.

Be the judge yourself.

They look nothing alike.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

German was pretty rough too, especially the old woman. It might be because I can largely understand German since both my parents were fluent and my sister was learning it last I saw her.

It's more that it's harder to recognize bad VA work when the language is so utterly foreign to what you speak. I can spot bad voice acting when it's in romantic/germanic languages, but with the nips they're speech patterns are so different that I can't tell.

Well in that case we can just use the NoE English localisation then

Don't destroy his fantasies user. It's not nice.

Probably not with the wildly different architecture between Gamecube/Wii/Wii U. Wii emulation only proliferated at the lightning speed it did because it was a souped-up Gamecube and Wii U emulation I imagine is only not getting very far in a very quick timeframe because nobody but CEMU seems to be doing work on it.

Rudimentary Switch hack and probably an entirely different Wii U emulator is what I think will come first. I don't think CEMU has much of a future, though that's based entirely off of gut feeling.

Does anyone know the right email address or other ways to directly contact nintendo about this? I've been looking through their website's support pages and I'm having trouble finding anything. I feel up to trying to start a mass bitching campaign about the dual audio, since I don't expect them to patch that in of their own volition.

If anything, I just want clarification - is it that they're too lazy to enable dual audio and subtitles despite VA for each language already being on the cart, or what claims is the case?

How about you don't buy anything? Don't buy. Don't. Wait for PC release.

I want to cum on Zelda's eyebrows.

Well, i am not mad. I would play zelda in pure japanese. Good riddance they got rid of region lock.

Can someone explain this incompetence to me? Is it difficult to do japanese voice and english text when they're both on the cart?

Nintendo, or NUntendo if you will.

Not at all. It's either a deliberate choice or the programmer behind it was chugging paint.

Weeaboos who don't know japanese or want japanese for aesthetics are minority. Learn japanese and play with full japanese by setting your console to japanese, you filthy weeaboo scum.

That would make localisation take slightly more effort, and they have enough work on their plate adding gender-neutral pronouns and stale memes.

yes, latin american and spanish text for comparison:

todo mi entrenamiento… toda mi preparacion… no sirvio de nada| all my training…all my preparations… it was for nothing

no… me he esforzado tanto para llegar aqui| no… I tried so hard to get/reach here

Dark Souls' voice acting sounds a whole lot better, though

Why people want japanese dub in the first place? Its not white.

Is it possible to turn off the voices? If there's subtitles at all times, what's the point? Can't I just read the dialogue out loud?

It takes zero work to implement something that is already there they just don't want to acknowledge that some people prefer not to listen to horrible English voice acting since it invalidates their effort to pander to casuals.

The readership isn't.

There are popular seiyuu's like Rie who do fall into niches and commonly get those typecasts like you said, but nips actually do have variety. Look at a AAA nip game or anime cast of VA's then look a western studio's cast, and then go eat the shit you just spewed out.

Yeah this. I fucking hate that all English dubs have the same people voicing like five roles when they have no range.

Yah they do

Italian was probably the best. You could hear her voice breaking and sobbing in anticipation to the cry.

This kind of rounda heda doesn't happen with any other ethnicity.

I want this game to fail so the open world meme can die.

Yah, a whore is only a problem if you were planning on dating her. In which case, you're the one at fault.

Si por favor

holy shit

You're 3 decades too late.

>not wanting it to succeed and see open world done right again
Still cancer

Why do i get a feeling that all of them are liberal redditors?

Treehouse strikes again

Because they sound retarded.

I fail to see the problem with this, unless you're an EOP.

Now i want to marry a girl with natural, thick eyebrows.

Fucking Ubisoft games allow you to change the voices, why would you be okay with this?

Your first sentence just agreed with what I said. Are you retarded? Stop making weebs look bad than they already are.

Why would you play a game with English text and Japanese voices? Just play the whole game in Japanese.

Because the voice acting in English is awful and he may want to listen to decent voice acting WHILE being able to understand the story at the same time.

I fucking hate this American meme that crying is beautiful and reserved. Crying is not the one tear shit modern Hollywood does to keep its' actors beautiful and marketable it's fucking snot, screaming and puffy eyes. The english dub is the only one that appears to not be doing that scene justice just because their too interested in keeping Zelda reserved and not wanting to show her reach any breaking point. Also why is Zelda the only character with an accent?

That's atrocious. But it sounds like the Japanese version has pauses in the lines so if that is the reason it really shouldn't be so much of a problem.

This is the only comment that's even close to sensible but even then a game with all the languages in the cart not having the option to change them to whatever combination you want is idiotic.

Not sure why you're still trying to defend this. It's the least they can do.

Stop being a pleb and learn Japanese.

If someone learns japanese fluently and learns how japanese people actually talk they instantly realize how crap japanese voice acting is.

This is somewhat true. You start to 'feel' how fake some scenes are after a while. It happened with the recent games like FFXV feeling very forced especially the dramatic/sad scene.

even the "seasonal anime garbage" generally has at least decent voice work, though it'll usually use heavily stereotyped voices. one thing you almost never hear in Japanese works but often hear in English is a VA giving completely the wrong tone for the scene because of shit direction not giving them the context. This happens even in high-profile English-original stuff (Peter Dinklage's version of Ghost in Destiny was full of this)

pay attention to more than just meme VAs (though even some meme VAs have genuinely impressive range, like Aoi Yuuki)

This actually sounds pretty good.

Zelda has never had that thou–

There are voices now?

Gay.

World's ugliest man?

Spread it and meme it. We might get a patch.
Though I'm guessing Nintendo is focusing on Japan even more so, and therefore letting NOA do whatever they wish to acquire more sheckles.

IIRC,. NoE do their own localization at times. Like that awful 3DS zelda with the clothes.
In US it made a doge meme, in english it was normal.

But in this instance, I severely doubt we'll get a "UK" dub. Hell, they made Zelda sound posh-british. Yet, it sounds a little off to me as a brit. Not Tracer tier bad tho.

A thousand times this.
Buy any other version you can. I think if you buy UK the money will still go to Treehouse somehow.

It's not specifically about the Japanese voices, its about avoiding the English ones.

So I'll ask again, does anyone know the email address or other best way to send complaints to Nintendo? Bitching on here won't do a damn thing but bitching to them, especially if there's enough of it, just might convince them to patch in dual audio.

I'm sure that worked before. Make sure to use comic sans fonts just in case.

Best Zelda fun-dub. This should be her official voice.
I tried looking for a decent fan-dub on jewtube for comparison and found nothing good. All 4Kids/Funimation fan-service anime tier shit. Any game/show that's done posh royalty without a stick up their ass VA well?

Fuck this game

Ayyyyeefuck off

No, russian zelda would sound arrabic since russia is now a shitskin country. Maybe gannon deserves russian, but not zelda, she's white.

So now knife eared savages are white?

Just sounds generically anglo if I'm quite honest. It's like Tracer, I didn't even notice that she was supposed to be British until people started saying she was. It's like they got an American and told her to do a posh accent.

I do have the Japanese fax address (they still use Fax because they're fucking insane). But, I heard from a reliable Japanese source Mombot that Japanese businesses do not respond well to "DisNod" style tactics- or even just "I'm dissapointed" emails en masse.

This does contradict first pic related however.

I think that a glut of poorly worded emails would go poorly. A constant steady stream of messages explaining the issue would work- at least for smaller game development/otaku based companies.

I do have contact info for Nintendo Japan (HQ for letters), but you'd need to type it up in very poorly written Japanese (ask someone to translate for GOD's sake).

Letters work wonders however. In the age of email, taking the time to write a letter speaks volumes (if your hand-writing is extremely neat, I'd even go as far as that- if not, sign it). Some business type said "If one person takes the time to write to you about an issue, 99 others have switched brands without telling you." This rings true for business now (although the other brand is "I'll save my money since everyone's fucking broke).

If you wanted to contact Nintendo of Japan, you'd need a battleplan.
What the focus of the letter is ("Treehouse sucks." Why do they suck? How do they damage the brand? What did they stop you from buying? In this scenario, you're a Nintendo fan who buys from them. And you should pretend to be when writing to them).
And when to send them off. (So they arrive roughly at the same time for more impact, though we do need it staggered over time for maximum effect "The foreign letters stopped." Vs. "They just keep coming!" I'd recommend after Zelda launches in the US).

Once you've sorted all that, I think you can make a real impact.
Or are you gonna stay silent and let SJW and casual gamers speak for you again?

ghostbin.com/paste/k5apn For those who are impatient. Feel free to complain to Europe- I imagine they're sick of getting Treehouse's work as well. Emailing NoA would be a waste- unless they feel the majority of their audience will do it. Right now, they're under the delusion the casual fan will outnumber and be more reliable than the gamer who demands better and offers critique. More on NoA's structure in the next post.

And these are the sort of people who work at NoA Treehouse.
Bare in mind some might be OK- like the boob lady from E3. It seems that those who kiss management's ass get more of a say. So half of Treehouse might have cared about games- wanted to do good work- and have been beaten down over the years, the other half are SJWs who want to (lie and) say "I made a Zelda! Me Me Me!!"

NoE are just a subsidiary of NCL and need to execute any fart they let go in Kyoto, hence they need to actually show some effort.

Now are much more independent, even after Iwata had their balls cut off, which explains garbage tier localization, retarded omissions and hiring dangerhair memelords stuffing their games full of stale reddit material.

Now = NOA

Bruh, the japanese audio still in the cart/disc. You have set your system to japanese to access it but it turns whole game in japanese.

THE DATA is already in the game.

There is absolutely no reason they couldn't do dual audio in this instance.

Shit's fucked.

From

Xenoblade Chronicles - Localized by NoE, has dual audio
Xenoblade Chronicles X - localized by Treehouse with help by 8-4 doesn't have dual audio

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Localized by 8-4, has dual audio
Fire Emblem: Fates - Localized by Treehouse, doesn't have dual audio support

Kid Icarus: Uprising - Localized by Treehouse, doesn't have dual audio support
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor - Localized by NoE, has dual audio support
Pandora's tower - Localized by NoE, has dual audio support (published by Xseed in NA, also had dual audio)

Wonderful 101 - Localized by Platinum Games, has dual audio support
Bayonetta 2 - Localized by Platinum Games, has dual audio support
Star Fox Zero - Localized by Treehouse, doesn't have dual audio support

Games localized by Treehouse never dual audio, games localized by NoE generally do. Treehouse is the problem.

As shit as this is, it does provide more reason to crack the system. Doing away with region lock was intended to avoid that but if they keep doing dumb shit like this it defeats the purpose.

I would love to see a change made here, and I think it's doable, if hard and a long shot. From your posts, if we were to go with the letter-writing directly to their Japan HQ, I'd say we'd need:
-a place to gather and coordinate, preferably with namefag capabilities to keep track of things
-someone who can translate or vet google-translated things (might make it seems less coordinated to be using that if it needs to seem more spontaneous than coordinated)
-a list of topics and points to touch on in the letters, with enough options to mix and match so every letter is a little different in what it talks about.
-a timeframe of when to send the things over time
-enough burgers or other people who live in areas affected by Treehouse willing to work on a letter and pay to send the thing.

Most of that seems fairly central, a few people spend time organizing and all the rest have to do is write their things and follow directions of people coordinating it. The problem is getting enough people to take part in it to have any effect, especially with faggots like around.

Machine translation is a shit for japanese apparently.

Feel free to post/encourage this stuff in GG threads. If they don't help, then make it its own thing. If this does spread to social media, link it into #TorrentialDownpour

Good luck. I'm sure it'll work out well as usual.

With big enough numbers you can hit hard- or someone will hit smart.

It is possible.
Good luck.

You think they just pick up a ragtag crew from the streets?

There are schools for this shit, and if something that feels overacted by your standards made it into the final product, it's because some director approved it.

Niggers should watch Shirobako before talking shit.

Ive never come across a female player that was better than me. Are there any "pro" female players that are actually good?

Females are only pro at making children.

You should've moved the quotation marks one word over. The only pro "female" players are mtf trannies.

We need one for 2016

I would absolutely support an effort to get Kyoto to rein in NoA and burn down the Treehouse. I would write letters all fucking day if I had to, I just lack the web skills to set up and organise a portal for it all.

my big concern there is getting someone(s) willing to translate everything, which is why i mentioned vetting. I figure it might be a good idea to have people who know how to interpret between the two languages go through google translated letters and fix them up, but if it's that bad we might need to just hope there's a willing user or two.

I'm a stranger to this sort of thing too, and I'm none too sure where to start. Should we post in the GG threads first? Should we try our own threads? I think the first step is to start talking about it beyond a theoretical in a zelda thread.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if people could post examples of Treehouse fuckery, whether it be awful "localizations", uneeded and unwanted censorship, removal of features, anything. I need to start filling out my Chop Down Treehouse folder.

Nintendo america employees are sorry here we can not get rid of the relationship with the treehouse悲しみ

We have dubbers that can speak better than actors so that's unsurprising.

By all means, visit the current GG thread and see.
They're getting lazy, but seeing pleanty of anons who want to make an effort will spark them.

Also, getting a "translation" team together can only help GG when it needs to talk Japanese in the future. (However, we can't all send the same letter- shit looks fishy like it's automated).

IMO, try in GG. If GG isn't on topic enough or too shilly, try making it it's own thread (even though it is industry stuff).

Either case- ask GG for the worst of Treehouse- IIRC someone made an imgur folder for all the fire emblem stuff.

nichegamer.com/2016/03/18/nintendo-bravely-second-side-quests-changed-from-japanese-feedback/
archive.is/gZTGQ
nichegamer.com/2016/02/report-dozens-of-costumes-censored-in-western-release-of-bravely-second/
nichegamer.com/2016/01/supposed-gay-conversion-scene-in-fire-emblem-fates-being-removed-from-western-versions/

Bravely Default + Bravely Second, any Fire Emblem game on 3DS, Zelda Triforce Heroes, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and I'm sure a plethora of others.

In the 1 in a million this was true, an anonymous interview with nichegamer could be devastating to them.

As long as you don't leak anything about the game, and focus on only how they treat employees/etc then even if they do catch you, they can't do shit to you.

I'll do that, probably tomorrow though, since the newest thread I can find in the catalog is pretty close to max replies and I'd like to sleep on this some. I'll be capping a bunch of these posts for later on. Hoping to see you and you in the GG thread tomorrow, I'm only one user and can only do so much stirring this up.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that letter writers writing multiple unique letters could be good if there's someone who wants to send one but doesn't think they can write one good enough.

archive.is/9BdQJ
Archive of this thread for reposting.

They do this exact same thing in dozens of modern japanese games. I remember distinctly that Metal Gear Rising had it. Are you aware that Mark will delete this thread because this is a nintendo board and it's ok when nintendo does it?

And 2017

If we hope for video games to be good and it's shit, then we were wrong and got a shit game. If we hope for a video game to be shit and it's good, we're wrong but got a good game.
There is no good reason to hope for video games to be good.

The meme that elves have to have Britbong accents needs to die.

English isn't your first language, is it?

My inability to speak a foreign language finally comes back to haunt me.

Because they didn't release any Zelda rehashes in the meantime, right?

What's wrong with it?

#NOTMYZELDA

He said it was a round head. It's not a round head.

Oh okay.

there's something so strange about having voice acting in a zelda game.

Its wrong.

I'll give her some round head alright

i dont mind everyone version besides the english it

Shut up. This gives porn artists voice clips to manipulate.

Verily! Trounce this royal trollop from the throne!

POWER TO THE PARLIAMENT!

Being successful in Japan means more Japanese games. So even if it falls flat in say, the US. it'll still have support from where it really matters.

You can already see it with how both are supporting it now. We see things like Octopath(?), Shin Megami Tensei, and the dragon Quest games already announced. The most notable things on the Western side is stuff from indie games, and Skyrim. a very old game that probably didn't even start development until recently. As it's not even coming out until fall.

I had assumed we would need to buy the game again if you wanted to play it in Japanese. So this is actually good for anyone who is trying to learn the language.

You are truly an inspiration to us all.

Getting pleasure from denying others is pretty sad but whatever gets you off son.

It's less fear of looking childish and more being taught that placing your burdens on others only burdens people, it's the concept of the "stiff upper lip" that even America still keeps to due to being made up of British rebellers, and we call it "hospitality" and lump it in with good manners. This is why we seem quiet about it, it IS a cultural thing as you said, but not fear.

Japan, I've heard, actually has even MORE of this to the point of outdoing the stuffiness of the British as kids are punished for doing such things (I've heard), so they "rebel" against that in media and go dramatic. After all, media is an escape from real life when you get down to it, and in Britain, the stuffiness is voluntary.

Also most of japan's media is known to have actors that do not hold back on the ham and cheese in their acting, and overacting is common in japanese media, so if I'm wrong about their manners, you have a second cause.

This makes me absolutely fucking livid.
That voice actress is terrible at her job and I fucking hate her voice. And if Treehouse did force that sentence-by-sentence garbage, I'm going to stab every single one of those motherfuckers. I fucking hate it. I fucking hate all of this. I can not actually describe in words how mad I am and how much I hate this.

I don't know user…

I was wondering, did all our attention towards her tits get her nixed from the switch event?

they aren't that big, jesus

twitch chat never ceases to amuse

You might as well be waiting for a new F-Zero game.

Shin'en does what Nintendon't.

It may be my imagination, but the JP version sounds equally as shit. It's like Nintendo never heard a subtle accent or acting in their life. Ironically, Dark Souls has some of the Zelda CD actors, and they can do a better job than this.

The only correct choice is switching the voice volume to 0.