ITT: Games you can't understand why they are so liked by people

ITT: Games you can't understand why they are so liked by people

Play FE4, it's one of the best games on the SNES.

I like the idea of Monster Hunter and have had some fun with it, but it turns into a grindfest, which puts me off. But maybe that's what some people want.

Fire Emblem is for people who enjoy strategy games with thoughtful planning several turns ahead plus permadeath, although permadeath is kind of shit in a game with critical hits.
Monster Hunter is for people who like grinding on the go. There's a decent amount of time investment compared to the amount you paid for the game, then. They forgive the shitty controls for the value amount.

For people who can't into more active games and they don't want to run into legal trouble for attempting to get high on shit

Fighting games are for people who have passed the "is my time spent learning how to do this really worth it" threshold and may or may not have autism because then that is really all they seem to play.

I can understand learning and enjoying any other fighter on the market but those two. SFV and MKX are mechanically bland and anti-consumer as fuck compared to every other game in the genre

SFV is anti-consumer as fuck but also attempted at being consumer as fuck because it's casual as fuck

Explain the appeal of Fallout to me, both the old ones and the new ones.

You can kill everyone while listening to 40s music

1 and 2 is more emphasis on exploration of the world and its people, and in the first it's also about completing your main objective before time runs out. You can also pick a certain playstyle for the game; stealth, pickpocket, small guns, large guns, repair, etc. and you can't have all the good ones initially. This also is the same for your stats (SPECIAL), but everyone picks 9 or 10 Agility for action points so it's not as variable. Music is good, too. I really like the Cathedral music.
It's a slow game, so if you're not in the mood for that it won't be enjoyable.

once upon a time there was a warcraft 3 custom map called defence of the ancients. it ruined custom maps forever. now everyone tries to copy it like how mmo's try to copy WoW after it killed mmo's forever

i didn't get monster hunter at first but once you "get" it goddamn is killing monsters comfy as fuck

This. I tried getting someone into Monster Hunter, but they didn't like it. Only after trying it themselves months later did they become addicted to it.

Overwatch, it's just shit TF2 with MOBA elements

I'll never undestand why anyone likes these shitty commie games

I can't tell if Lol is losing or gaining more players because everyone has been mixed about a lot of the recent shit going on. News of Legends doesn't even cover Lol anymore.

I don't understand people who think morrowind is better than gothic 2.

Any hex-based game.

There's just something about the design that feels so shitty and casual, like a shovelware mobile or ipad game.

I think it's because they don't have brain damage or aren't subhuman.

This, plus it's heavily inspired by Mad Max.

u wot

The worlds in those are so tiny compared to the newer games

Cyka blin, is not ofs commie games, tovaricsch, as there is ofs many currencies in games. Rather, games is ofs TRUE SLAV LIFE in wasteland aftermaths of soviets motherlandings, as is ofs depictings in this embeddeds videos relateds, Дa? Please to be of watchings to understand, so you maybe will beings of inspireds to slav squats in ofs real lifes!

Monster Hunter is fantastic distraction and time waster that is much more engaging than any MMO can pretend to be. It also can be played solo despite the heavily pushed multiplayer meme. Plus, it has a unique combat that has yet to be replicated anywhere else.

I like monhun because grinding keeps my mind off other things. That said, I don't understand the appeal of non eroge VNs.

I like MK's universe and characters and Kotal Kahn and Erron are some of the best newcomers the series has had since Mk3

Kotal in particular is almost made for me, I love Aztec shit, my favorite color is geeen, and I'm a sucker for glowing geometric lines/tron lines.

It's a shame I never actually got to fucking play the game though since the PC version got fucked and it only got fixed a few months ago and my PC broke around the same time and by the time I get to actually play Injustice 2 will be out. Hoping at least SOME people will still be playing MKX

Hexes are inherently better then squares for grid based gameplay, what's not to understand?

I don't even hate the game, I just don't get the appeal or understand the reason to deserve the goat from dorito pope.

This has gotta be some bad bait.

If you can't see the appeal of either you would have to literally be Chris-chan levels of autism.

Want me to invite the E.Y.E.F.A.G.S.?

Why do people like this series so much?

JRPG's

I really like the dungeon system and the progressive powering up through items.

Progression, puzzle solving, sense of adventure

I played in a free weekend event.
It looks alright
The characters are all distinct
It's boring as shit to play, unless you're a total competitive sperg who obsesses about KDR and rankings, and even then, you'll just be constantly disappointed by the faggoty idiots who never get on the payload or defend the point or do any of the shit you're supposed to do.

I think that's your problem op. Just test a bunch of them and you will find the one you like.

Blizzard, advertising, and plebs getting their friends to play it. It's not that hard to understand.

Kotal isn't even that much of a dick when you think about it.

You should rethink this…

It became popular just as handhelds were becoming a common thing. It's deep enough to have a lot to talk about, but simple enough that you don't need spreadsheets to get into it. It focuses on making proper decisions instead of reflexes, so you could play it no matter what kind of disability you could have. It appealed to a huge group of people, had a big ad campaign behind it, and was in the right place at the right time.
There's also the fact that with such a simple way of expressing a Pokemon the OC potential is huge. Hell, there's already an imageboard group making a Pokemon romhack, and plenty of people have done so before. Look up DeviantArt and you'll find shitty fakemon, slightly customized pokemon avatars and other manifestations of autism.
And then there's the battle system. The battle system is deep enough to get people to take it seriously, while being incredibly broad because of the sheer number of pokemon. It's great for casual play, and allows anyone to make a team of favourites and have fun with friends. It's also good for autistic competitive play, where you can minmax your IVs and EVs and other internal values while digging up obscure tactics and checking interactions between different mechanics. It's the ramen of turn-based games, it might not be as high-class as a good steak but you can get a fuckton more ramen for the same price, and you'll spend much more time eating it all compared to the steak.
Then there's the waifufag potential. There are a fuckton of female characters, and that has only increased as the franchise went on. There are a lot of effeminate pokemon for people to waifu over as well, if humans are too boring. That's not even counting the furries, and my autism meter is running on empty so I'd better stop now.

tldr it's a mix of ticking all the autism checkboxes while being appealing enough to a broad group of different people, and getting it's name in at just the right time. The games are good by themselves too, if a little simple. They might be overrated but they're far from bad

Like I get it, they have probably the best quality/budget out of any superhero game. But the games themselves are designed in such a way that they're literal garbage. You're handheld through everything, even combat and "crime scenes". Stealth is garbage since no one can bother to look up. Sidequests are more often than not shit. Bosses are more often than not cinematic shit or just plain dogshit. The riddler collectibles are just a waste of time especially since they don't unlock anything of note. The costumes are for new game+ which is fucking retarded because no one will play this game in new game+. Half of the game exists solely to pad run time. Yeah Batman take your sweet ass time putting those vent covers down, or every time kneel down and do that retarded joke of a "puzzle" that's the sequencer. You got graffiti man, spray that explosive gel. Want to disarm the bomb? Punch it in the screen, and then do it again and again and again!
What really bugs me is that I can't for the life of me figure out why everyone's jerking off to Asylum as it being "the best one" or "so good" or "the only good one".

This shit.

What kind of retarded ass shit game features a pair of Siamese twins with down syndrome?

Awakening was ok and Fates fucking sucked

please do

But Nohr was better than Awakening in every way. Hoshido was just Awakening again.

I'd understand it in the case of NIER because the fighting system is TEDIOUS, even for someone who 100% Drakengard 3.

Specifically it's Nier Automata. But really this is a "Games you don't understand the appeal" while Nier has a very clear appeal. The gameplay is kind of tedious but overall the story is just perfect amounts of batshit and enjoyable and the fans make this very clear.

Appeal that I feel is completely negated by the boring tedious combat, but maybe it was the excitement to finally play it, compared again, to Drakengrad 3 which I had much lower expectations for.

How is it tedious? The fighting system was pretty decent thanks to the magic and bullets imo.
Have you played Drakengard 1?

You get to kill dragons with giant swords, what's not to get?

This explains it as well as anything I've seen. Easy to get into, plenty to master in the long run, lots to talk about, and a distinct aesthetic.

In a lot of ways Pokemon is a proto-MMO, without… most of the downsides. Which is why everyone clamoring for a Pokemon MMO has always been an idiot.

Dark Souls tried to replicate it with good results, and you know it.
It just emphasises on small encounters and mob management rather than bosses, and the death system is different, and it adds exploration, but it's basically that.

Monster Hunter is satisfying and oddly comfy.
It might have to do with having 10+ minutes fights that feel way shorter.

I want underages leave my Holla Forums.

wasn't the Nohr route basically "The Hoshidu dindu nuffin, they wuz gud boys, the Nohr are evil assholes"

Awakening and all 3 Fates' writing are equally shit either way. He was probably talking about the level design, in which case Nohr's is indeed a lot more interesting than the others.

I'll admit I didn't thought of it. It's true dark souls bosses do share some DNA with monhun. Stamina management, you can heal but you'll need to create an opening or you're getting smacked, and generally the feeling of being a qt going to fight something crazy.
That said, DaS can't pretend to be full monhun like because it's ultimately more conventional.
Monhun, let's not bullshit each other, is a fucking mess. A glorious, fun mess full of identity, but a mess nonetheless. I mean, almost every weapon is weird as shit and needs a tutorial. That's just not the case with dark souls, and that illustrates the larger difference between the two franchises.

No idea,

having played and beat them all, they're all pretty shit.

tbh, FE was a mediocre tactical rpg. It only became good and popular with Awakening and its all because of waifuing which Fates followed. Fates had abysmmal story though

Monster Hunter is a shit franchise honestly, I really don't see why anyone likes that garbage

Fire Emblem was good for like the first 5 or 6 games or so.

I think it has some great games in the series, however the worship Ocarina of Time gets is something I don't understand. It's not a masterpiece, it's just an average game.

I can't understand why people like videogames.
I can't understand why all of you are you still here.

Fates was shit, period. Nohr was easy as Awakening even at Lunatic difficulty.

Why a hex is better than a square. The buildings look less uniform and more like disjointed clusters, losing the feeling of authenticity. Units, too, don't have proper formation and are also poorly clusted together because of the hexen nature of the game. It's just poor design.

Even the OP can't seem to name the elephant in the room.

how? it means you have 6 connections to other squares instead of 8, I guess it makes defending easier since you have less adjacent tiles to defend from.

I can sort of explain bioshock
you start playing a game expecting a horror shooter, but then instead of being a horror "game" you actually can experience fun.

theres this big fucker with a drill that slams into people at a million miles an hour and your scared as shit of them at first but then it gets to the point where you fucking hunt them for sport, setting traps and managing resources throughout the level while dealing with the normal enemies as well.
the game in general handled you getting more powerful pretty well, it really felt like it with mobs and npc changing their behavior as you progressed
there are certainly games that do it better, but I was able to have fun when I played it.

But these all 6 connections are visually the same, which isn't true for those with 8. It would be better if diagonal movement had more cost than movement in cardinal directions.

Because Hexes represent life.

Also CIV V>CIV VI

While I end up feeling bad for metroidfags because of their shit treatment ever since Other M, I still can't understand how people like the franchise so much. I guess I ended up enjoying the "vania" part better.

No, the game clearly hates the fact that I have freewill.

Ammo is super plentiful but the game won't let you carry much. Normal enemies seem to infinitely respawn discouraging exploration. Death has little consequence. Quests are follow the golden arrow. The game hates giving you a sense of progression. The moral dilemma is super retarded. Why is the main character talking in the open cutscene then become Gordon Freeman for the rest of the game?

is anyone else bothered by this? It's almost as if Humans knew there would be a hex and built mythology around that fact.

Yea sure buddy.

Double Capricorn here, Saturn is my linked planet.am also a Satanist.

It was an excellent SRPG series and the permadeath added in an element like no other SRPG meaning you had to keep on your toes at all times. This added with likeable characters gave a pretty good gameplay style.

Boss fights the game where you kill monsters and use them to create armour and weaponry. Grind can be a pain but this can be mitigated with friends.

I have no idea. I think it's an elaborate joke at this point

They take fighting games very seriously and play it because it's pushed by the FGC read: capcom shills, even if it is an inferior product. Worse in every way to Street Fighter 4.

Fighting game for those who want to be feel like a big boy because the game is filled with gore, meaning it's not for kids… right?

It's because of the marketing, not to mention it's easy to play, meaning you can feel like you're doing something even if you're really being a waste of space.

Yoko Taro has a tendency to create games that people will remember. Coupled with Platinum this will be his first game with better than average gameplay. The first Nier was also one of the more interesting RPGs of last generation, changing genres at some points and having the best book around.

Literally baby's first RPG. It lives on through nostalgia even if there are a ton of games out there that do the same shit but better.

They like Zelda because you feel like you're on an adventure with each one. However they are extremely similar and follow a formula, meaning they get staler with each new one you play. It's embarrassing too, since there are games out there that do Zelda better than Zelda.

Cute girls.
No, really.

People look at this game and think playing it makes them intelligent. It does not.

You get to be a knight and create a kingdom and then remove those who oppose you. It's a great timesink.

I don't understand why people like this garbage. All it is just an indieshit walking simulator made in an engine any retard can make a game in. Every time I ask someone why they like this shit it's always: "its so comfy" or "it actually has a deep meaning to it you don't understand" or some other buzzword-filled sentence. The fact that it influenced Undertale, inspired other talentless hacks to make their own "super weird and spooky xDDD" RPG Maker games, and it attracts SJWs doesn't help at all.
Plus, it's made in fucking RPG Maker, that makes it automatically shit.

Fire Emblem wasn't that popular, I mean, it was a niche series until Awakening happened, now everything is about waifus, shitty anime characters and stereotypes that people like for some reason I can't understand.

I wake up and thank Awakening everyday for saving the series and giving me best girls as mother of my child

Morrowind.
Anything made by Platinum.
The entire fighting game genre.
2D sidescrollers.
Anything Kojima has laid his filthy paws on.

But you couldn't marry them before silly user.

Because of how bad they are?

Okay, I thought you were being a little cheeky

nah
quit browsing reddit
ok

Have you ever had a dream that was so otherworldy, terrifying and beautiful, that stayed with you your entire life and shaped who you are as a person? That's Yume Nikki: someone's dreamworld brought over to the waking world without the haze of reality dulling the experience. Very few games attempt to put dreams in them, even fewer get it right. Yume Nikki is one of a paltry handful that succeed in showing those who are awake the subconscious world of the asleep.

Though to call it a walking sim is to be clueless to the mechanics, as there are things you have to find and use in order to reach the endings, and finding out how to do so is near impossible without a guide. There's a 3D fan game that uses the build engine if you really can't stand RPG Maker, but the experience is not as pure.

nu-com

It's made without a publisher, so it's "indie" or independent.

Anyone who uses that shitty engine is a lazy talentless hack that can't learn a real fucking engine. It's on the same tier as other shitty tumblr garbage RPG Maker games like Space Funeral, Suits, or OMORI.

This.
I was told not to follow a guide but I did anyway and I wish I didn't.
That game is nothing short of a mind altering experience I highly recommend it.

Why are you still spilling your spaghetti here? Go somewhere else where your opinion matters.

You ever played a SNES RPG, by chance?

Is this unpopular opinions thread?

Yes

Not quite, there's no "Hurr Durr No Man's Sky is da bes gaem evarrr", it's a thread for people who don't understand the appeal of certain games to see why other people like them.

It lets MOBAtards think they can into shooters. Playing it just makes me wish there were more real multiplayer FPS games around

Fucking hell you lot.

And RPG Maker is an inherently restrictive engine, imagine what trippy shit the dev could have done if he used something better.

Anime tiddies.

This is just an unpopular opinions thread in disguise.

RPGs are always about building your characters and team. You watch numbers go up at the end of every battle, and get new equipment and attacks. Battles are less about winning and losing and more about see how much better you're getting at killing the same mobs.
Nothing makes an RPG fail harder than making the minor encounters into 20 minute cardgames with timed hits.

Pokemon like games are the ultimate version of an JRPG. You don't feel cheezy for using the same attacks since you can only set 4 moves, and it puts more weight on choosing your team members and their moves.

Suikoden 1 and 2.

The story is below average, as is the storytelling. You've got Luca Blight which is an awesome character, but the rest of the "main characters" are barely fleshed out and pretty boring while the rest of the recruitable characters are completely insignificant.

The party battles are generic as fuck and piss easy. There's no depth to it, which in turn means there's no strategy or thought involved. In other words, it's a huge fucking chore. The army battles are the worst part of the games, by far. They're pretty much all scripted to be you-win or you-lose events. They're basically glorified QTEs.

Luca is a good character, but he can't carry the rest of this shit show on his shoulders.

Super Metroid just has really good prompting in it. It's hard to pace a game like this since getting lost is supposed to be part of the experience, but they put a lot of effort to do it.

Touhou

I don't get how anyone could say "Yes, I enjoy remembering 500 autistic bullet patterns"

First post that i agree with, Touhou is a shmup for faggots without taste who also don't play many videogames or shmups and that. If you played one game in the series then you played them all, the ugly art, repetitive ear-raping music and even more repetitive gameplay are all awful. There are some slight differences and gimmicks between each game but they are not enough for anyone to care, the backgrounds are also dull and amateurish as fuck, this is one of the few series where the fangames are better than the real deal.

All engines are inherently restrictive and the restrictions of an engine are not inherently detrimental to the final project. Those anons may not have a clear idea what theyre talking about but neither do you.

Worst game in the series.

Now come on, son.

Prove me wrong.

True. Touhou is the only video game I need.

FUCK THIS GAME. I want that $20 and those five hours of my life back. I unironically had more fun with Fallout 4 because at least that fucking game had gun modding going for it. It's not much but it's still more than what I can say for this fucking game

It's a broken buggy mess that only contrarians enjoy. It's the fucking Big Rigs of post-apocalyptic shooters.

Do you like any third person RPG?

Simple, accesible SRPG that because an otaku-appealing series.

Fight big shit with your weapon.

I don't get it, either.

If you think that of 4, wait 'til you play 3.

Uh, I never really experienced that outside of maybe 2 bosses.

There's a difference between repetitive gameplay in say Gradius where all the stages follow the same 3 acts pattern but have enough differences between each stage and act to keep things fresh as well as having a variety of designs and shit and then theres Thouhou, where every game follows the same nearly indistinguishable style for everything, every boss is the same small girl shooting patterns at you and every song ends up sounding the same, if you play every Gradius game then you will notice a lot of variety on each entry.

….but you can't say the same thing for touhou

You're implying that I'll end up playing 3. Persona 4 wouldn't even be worth it for free so how would 3 be any different
I quit at Yukiko. It was the 3rd or 4th floor, can't remember. The floor before it was easy and then they make every enemy take half your health AND turn it into a maze on the next one. Doesn't help that the boss is brutally unfair where you have to grind resistance items that the game doesn't tell you about if you want a chance in hell. I'd expect this out of a final boss, not the first real fucking boss of the game.

Deus Ex
I have tried time and time again to get into it because other people always praise the story but the gameplay just won't click with me. Aurora has a more appealing feel to it then this game.

vanilla, you've got a point. use the complete mod and it's actually playable.

If you have to mod a game to make it worth playing, it's shit. See Bethesda and Minecraft

Only with Tiki user

It made me think that anyone who liked it was retarded.

да

good taste

No more heroes, it's complete trash and plays like ass.

It plays like a bargain bin tie-in game, but worse, and gets the star treatment and sequels.

What is this, a bait-thread?

It's an unpopular opinions thread and don't let them tell you otherwise. I am sick and tired of these 4chan lowlifes swarming this place with their shitty threads.

The third game came out a little while back. Let me complain about that pile of shit, in spoilers. There's like six protagonists, you start out by playing the same role as that pop idol girl from the first game. The twist is it's a reality show. People volunteer to have their memories erased and be given a wacky personality. The ending parts do that implicit condemnation of audience bullshit that so many media darlings do today. Someone dresses up as Junko but she doesn't come back in any way or form, because I know someone wants to know.

Did you play on hard or something? Because you should not have to do this at all on any difficulty but hard and that's just for the first dungeon. No like for real ive never had to use resistance items past the first dungeon and ive played it twice.

Hell grinding in persona 4 is generally a bad idea in general because you are just wasting your time early on and not getting to the boss with enough SP to take it out. If you dislike the story and characters that's fine but it really sounds like you made some stupid mistakes on how to do the dungeons.

The game didn't lie to you when it said you needed to know what you were doing on Hard.

I think both are bland platformers yet a lot of people still recommend these games.

That's the first actual boss. It's the most difficult fight at that point in the game(arguably, since the mid-boss is tough, too), but it's not THAT bad. Brutally unfair? Grind resistances? That's not even remotely true. You can get something that resists fire almost immediately, and from there it's just keeping yourself alive. Try harder.

??? It's a GTA-like game with a Simpsons theme.

tits

Psychonauts is a bland platformer. The jumping is clunky and level design makes no sense at times. It gets recommends due to unique artstyle and quirky humor and atmosphere, that make it easier to overlook the flaws.

Get out and go to Church, heathen.

aeon of strife didnt ruin custom maps forever

keep track of the porn and you could tell

I think people praise Hit and Run for being fun for a Simpsons game as opposed to being anything more than that while Psychonauts is praised for it's quirky artstyle and writing. Though mainly because it came around a time when indie gaming hadn't really caught on. Nowadays games like it are fairly common place since that sort of shit is pure LP bait.

any MOBA game, their design is like the antithesis of multiplayer fun and all MOBA players act like drug addicts. I've heard the story "oh yeah its usually frustrating but then you get a sick play and get hooked in"

nigger you're chasing a high

I'll probably never understand why the fuck so many people even so much as tolerate this thing, let alone like it, and there's too many to simply chalk up to fags from Tumblr.

I went there when 90% of visitors was white now it's way less. Fuck that hell on earth that cuckpriests bring.

These aren't just games that I don't like, there are plenty of games that I hate but also understand why people enjoy them (like Uncharted 3). I just don't see any appeal in the ones I listed. All of them are RPGs with writing that is mediocre at best with gameplay that is pretty bad.

It's a great game to play drunk and laugh at all the stupid lingo that middle-aged frenchmen think teenagers use

People who loved Maniac Mansion and wanted more, no matter how disappointing that "more" ended up being.

Fuuuck that's good, the NES version would have been the best one if it wasn't for censorship issues

This isn't a thread for "games I don't like." Obviously people like this game for tiddies and if you don't know that you're fucking retarded.

Most of these criticisms are pretty weak and it's not really relevant to this thread since the reason people enjoy Danganronpa should be fairly obvious: plot twists, music, and absurdity. Noone who likes Danganronpa will claim that it has no plot holes or even makes a whole lot of sense overall.

This isn't for games you don't like, if you don't understand why people don't like Morrowind (weird setting and 2deep4u lore) and Do Sex (conspiracies and sandbox gameplay) then you are beyond retarded. I never said that either game was good, just the obvious reasons why people love them.

Oh boy another retard who just posted "game I don't like." Obviously people like Bioshock for the epeeec tweest!!! and neat setting/art style. If that wasn't obvious to you then please end yourself so you can do the world good for once and slightly raise the average IQ. And like the other people I replied to I should clarify that I'm not saying Bioshock is good, it's pretty shit. I just have a functioning brain that grasps the concept of other people's mental experiences being different than mine so I can see why someone else would like this piece of shit.

I've always thought the same thing. Someone should make a decensor romhack.

I don't get the love of Persona (3 and on, haven't played Persona 1 or 2), the gameplay is just a shitty version of press turn SMT and it lacks the party customization part of the latter series. Also weaker buffs and debuffs.

Does it even work with Scummvm? That would be a good place to start

I haven't played much of P3 but it seems to me like weeaboo bait with easy dumbed down gameplay and dating sim mechanics to attract casuals and gurrl gamers, it is a normalfag game in japan. P1 and P2 are completely different apparently.

I like beat 'em ups and the initial story that was going on with demons and coming to terms with the bullshit in the girls' lives.

Get your shit together.

The reason people like Kingdom Hearts is it has become a double hit of nostalgia. While the gameplay is a mediocre beat-em-up at best of times, the nostalgia generated by the Disney IPs is enough to get you hooked in as a child and for your mom to buy it since it has Goofy and Donald Duck on the cover. After playing it as a child and it's sequel 5 years later, you have now developed nostalgia for a game that you only played because nostalgia. This leads to an every winding spiral of doom and why Kingdom Hearts 3 is still something very real and stuck in people's minds.

While I don't feel as strongly about later titles, the earlier ones all were great adventures, likable aesthetics, fun puzzles. Just gaming excellence.

The gameplay is fun. Learning how to defeat a monster is fun. It would be fun even if there was no gear or loot or anything. Pack this into the context of a fun progression (and later customization) equipment system, and that is a recipe intense engagement. This leads to a tremendous amount of variety in play experience. Each weapon is different enough that you don't just switch between them and have a lot of carry over. Then add onto that the customization of armor for different things. There you go.

Oh, and it creates a very good feeling of effort. Where you go from crafting to gathering to hunting back to crafting. So you don't feel overloaded on long play sessions.

The major tournament organizers of the FGC are paid to run it. I remember early on there was a lot of talk of people just wanting to go back to SF4, since the game was STILL evolving. But that is hard to do when everyone is being paid to run SF5 (not to mention the "capcom cup" garbage with the big money means, hey, that's what the "pros" play).

I have noticed a significant lack of enthusiasm for SF5 though. People seem really amped about MvCi. Also I notice a lot of smaller scenes are getting bigger as people explore them more, namly the anime fighters and stuff. So that's cool.

I know that Dobson like inflation art but I don't understand why. It isn't like Skyrim which is also shit but gives an impression that it isn't shit in the first few hours playing it. I'm guessing you are making for pass sins.

Don't be a tunahead.

I don't particularly love it but it's enjoyable enough, it's the video game equivalent of junk food.

It's shallow and vapid but it's dumb fun.

Mortal Kombat is obviously not a "real" fighting game, but it has great single player content as far as fighting games go since Soul Calibur doesn't do that after V was pretty much the Sonic '06 of fighting games. I would never recommend buying a new MK or Injustice, due to how jewish they are with all the DLC, but if you can get XL used, it has so many horror characters that it's as close as you're going to get to a movie monster fighting game, which is pretty cool.

Pokemon came out in the west like nine years after the Game Boy. The Game Gear, which was a moderate success, had already lived its entire lifespan.

Pokemon is a success because it's babby's first RPG, and if you were a kid in the late '90s, they screamed "GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL" at you over and over again until you were brainwashed. To this day I gotta catch 'em all.

It's a shooter that's all about exploration, while most shooters are very linear.

Hit & Run isn't even a platformer. It's a mediocre GTA clone that does a very good job adapting The Simpsons, and pretty much only references the good seasons.

I personally think Road Rage is better, since instead of being a mediocre GTA clone, it is an excellent Crazy Taxi clone. Both are great at letting you explore The Simpsons' world though.

Fuck off faggot. Persona 3 is better than 4 in every regard.

Mr.Shitface was always a hack.

Saturn is more a god of the harvest, while kronos was both that and time. I dont think either had anything to do with death, however

Only persona 1 and 2 are the worthy persona games

I never understood fps games in general

Theyre like point and click games but sped up

Gimme marios any day

Here's your (you)

It's a VN, you should ask yourself why do people play them at all.

That almost makes it worth reading over anything that was made after the first DR. The gimmick of having the talking and contradiction parts of Ace Attorney play like an on rail shooter is fantastic but the base game and story is so boring.

People love Hit and Run because it reminds them of the older Simpsons and nostalgic times, the base game is bland but it's the old kind of grindfest and collectaton shit that people play to switch off.