Is there a game/series that's well known everywhere but for some reason is particularly loved in your country?

Is there a game/series that's well known everywhere but for some reason is particularly loved in your country?
In Italy it's pic related probably due to the first 2 games' dubs being on par with (if not better than) the English ones among the other reasons

Yes
But to be honest, I still don't know why is so popular here in comparison with other games like Street Fighter

Neo Geo cabinets

when I was a kid you didnt play videogames, you played "counter" and "age"

I don't think anyone in my country has a favorite video game let alone play them, I only met one other countryman of mine but he went off the grid for school and girlfriend, everyone asks me where I'm from because of the accent which is flattering I guess.

chile?
Was gonna post the same thing

???

in my case it was warcraft 3 instead of aoe2
now everyone plays some form of ASSFAGGOTS

nope, but its quite funny that it was the same for both of you

trust me, I´m white

Spain?

I don't remember Age of Empires being all that popular.

Everybody in my school used to play it in the computer room

Everyone at my schools just played Counter Strike 1.6 or MuRox.

Russia? Or Eastern Europe at least?

I think Gothic is pretty well known and loved in Germany because the developers are/were German. The series definitely has amazing writing, that's for sure.

Catan, but that isn't really a video game.

Argentine, but I was quoting an /int/ meme that says we are black

man I miss cuckchan´s /int/, the latino threads used to be fun

One popular nickname in the early 90's for kids with big ears was Alex Kidd.
I guess most you already know the country.

In Sweden most guys have played Counter Strike in their lives.

I almost hate these two games for that reason.

Argentina?

Hueland?

Fuck I know how popular is this. Mostly by Asian men (Pinoys or Hong Kongers I dunno). They usually roaming around the arcade with their hot girlfriend in tow. Someone actually come to me when I'm playing 1player game and wreck my shit up with Ryo and that shit head with red hair and tied up pants.

I lost the game and left the machine while he keep playing while his GF just hanging around. Fuck.

Oh my country? the most popular is still Online Tekken Arcade game.

Gothic 2 is praised in Germany, Poland, Russia and Romania for some reason. Why Gothic 2? I don't know. But since I am from one of those countries I gotta say, I also think it's one of the best games ever.

Also San Andreas Multiplayer since americans don't really play that, it's mostly yuropoor who play SAMP.

Its pretty well known here, about as much as GTA.

I think Jazz Jackrabbit and Unreal Tournament were particularly loved here. Probably because Epic Games had some Dutch people involved. Emphasis on were as mainstream taste has taken over.

Here you either played Heroes 3 (or HIROUSI as we called them) or Tekken 3 (or TEKEN TRI as we called it)

Russia:
NES (Dendy) - tanchiki (it's the most recognizable and referenced 8-bit game in here)
Mega Drive - Mortal
PC - kontra and geroi

TANK, fuck yeah. heroes 3, fuck yeaher.

And Brazilians. Many, many Brazilians.

This reminds me, which is better, SAMP or MTA?

Sage for offtopic post.

I've never bothered with MTA but I suspect it depends what gametype you're interested in. Also bear in mind that I've not played much of either for a good few years now though I do occasionally duck my head into SAMP nowadays.

If you want to play on an RP server then you have terminal autism SAMP is the clear winner and it also has a larger overall community + larger playercounts on servers (or did, it seems to be dying nowadays). If you want a minigames server that covers everything from stunting to DM to racing under one roof then also go SAMP. If you're a slav or BR there's significant communities of both in SAMP.

MTA is unarguably superior for racing and has much better netcode and performance in general. Also less prone to hackers and a higher level of custom content which will generally download automatically from the server when you try to connect. If you want something wildly different from your traditional gametypes it wins.

tl;dr SAMP for RP, DM, stunt and larger numbers of players. MTA for race, parkour and every other gametype you can think of + better performance.

SAMP is also a lot easier to use for a new player and will run on fucking anything, for what it's worth. Both are probably why the fucking Russians are everywhere in it nowadays.

I'd say that MTA has a better interface and the mods look like they have more effort put into them. Plus you get an easy map editor for the gammodes you like, so for me, MTA. SAMP seems infested with kids.

I've never bothered much with MTA*

Brazil, GTA.

MTA is better in every way except ease of use when making your own gamemode, but SAMP actually has servers and players.

Pic didn't make it.

Like clockwork.

anno series
t.assburger nation

Killer Instinct is on the roots of chilean gaymur culture.

It got to the point that News shows used Killer Cuts tracks every time there was a fight.

I miss that fag who never got dubs in these threads. /lat/ is one of the few things i miss from halfchan.

/lat/ no era ese antro lleno del peor shitpost creado por la raza humana?

For reasons that are beyond my comprehension, aside from sportsball and mainline Sony titles, Italians really fucking love point and click adventure games of old. It's really weird since it's the only way to discuss games that aren't sportsball in here.

You were also pretty much guaranteed to have Diablo II, one of the Quakes or/and GTA III

I never got why there was such an autistic fixation on the game there.

Ese era el punto. Al menos uno se cagaba de la risa con la pobre calidad del shitpost de los negros.

The favorite racing game of 9 out of 10 huezilians.

The UK used to have some but gloablisation means it doesn't anymore. Whats popular is the US is the same in the UK.

Tomb Raider used to be fucking massive over here. Sega also used to destroy nintendo in the 90s

please leave