MORROWIND GENERAL FAGGOTS

MORROWIND GENERAL FAGGOTS
It's that time of the month again. Reinstall Morrowind, play, share your builds and nostalgic memories.

Currently I'm doing a playthrough with long blade/light armor/alterarion/misticism build. Boy, conjuration in this game sucks. Also, is there some mod that makes your map work like in Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm looking for something that marks all discovered location (including caves and dungeons) on your map so you can keep a track of where you've already been.

Other urls found in this thread:

ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/
mw.modhistory.com/download-56-8052
mw.modhistory.com/download-4-13139
mw.modhistory.com/download-56-11299
mw.modhistory.com/download-4-12851
download.fliggerty.com/download-110-1
mw.modhistory.com/download-69-10804
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=shangguan_feiying
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BUMP

I had the most fun in Morrowind by placing candles in my wizard tower I captured. The gameplay became pretty boring once you're a floating wizard god thing.

Nerevar was Trump of Morrowind.
Also, those Dunmer nationalists allways made me laugh

Kinda true but I still like to to just roleplay as the all powerfuk wizard making my way to the hortator of House Telvanii which s the best one imo

Then why Argonians still conquered them? He should had build ghostfence around it.

Doesn't work without the Heart of Lorkhan, at least not in the same scale as around the Red Mountain.

Any fun mods for a post main story game save?

This is why Empire is superior. The wall around imperial city is impenetrable.

Afaik the Imperials did not even build the Imperial city, or at very least not the Whitegold Tower.

Also, Thalmor managed to get through the walls just fine, as did Daedra.

This is hardly the reason of their superiority. They are superior because they are Jews of Tamriel. Influencial, politically organised.. That's why they have an empire.

Wew.

Just finished replaying Morrowind. It's still good, but man does it get annoying, especially with the shit map and lack of good fasttravel system. Placing multiple marks would be much better.

funny shit

What would you rather have? Insta-travel as in Oblivion, Skyrim?

I always thought a mix of cleverly set marks and the usual silt strider/boat/Mage's Guild system worked well enough. The Propylon system was gimped, though.

Yeah, travelling and map especially is quite a pain although I wouldn't like fast travel to be as easy and basic as it was in Oblivion or Skyrim.

You have to go back, Imperial

Not what I meant. I mean their slavery which largely influences country economics would greatly suffer from closed borders.

Why did you ever uninstall it, you fucking pleb?

Slavery is actually bad for the economy but don't tell the plantations that.

Insta-travel like daggerfall :^)

He was just trying to rebuild House Dagoth and purge filthy N'Wahs from Morrowind.

Nothing wrong, he did.

Fuck you n'wah! Silt strider network, boat network, mage guild teleport, telvanni platform teleport, master propylon, Mark & Recall and more! Fuck you fetcher! Git gud.

Not really, free foreigners can organize to emancipate their compatriot slaves. For example, when argonian slaves escape, they run to Argonian Mission, a safe haven in Ebonheart. Closing borders might isolate slaves from people that could help them.

Wouldn't that just create an illegal smuggling network?

I.e. what House Dren and its Camona Tong already does?

FUCK YOUUUUUU

Immersion is all these games got going for themeselves at this point. Id like to try an ironman run of morrowind sometime.

thats why daggerfall is unplayable shit

one time I crashed arena by trying to walk to another town without fast travel. sprites started glitching / were misplaced with random sprites then it crashed.

Which schools of magic are the best and most versatile in your opinion? And does conjuration really suck that much?

I always thought of Conjuration as one of the best, with summoning bound gear and skeles and shit that will distract that big Nord motherfucker so you can hit him with a fireball. Its just really hard to level and low-level spells can be hard to cast. The most versatile has to be either mysticism, since its pretty much the "shit that doesn't fit anywhere else" category and mysticism also has Mark and Recall; or Alteration with water walking, breathing, levitation, and shields.

Conjuration is fairly useful, actually. Even with the best shield spells, you want that fat bastard with the two-handed warhammer to hit someone else.

Mysticism is useful due to mark & recall as well as the absorb health spell, which often allows you to leech out enemy HP faster than they can punch out yours, especially on low levels.

Restoration, apart from helping you to get rid of regular diseases, also is a decent means to buff yourself. Custom-made, long-term Restore Fatigue spells also are very neat if you want to run for longer distances, as being caught in the open with no fatigue is even worse for mages than it is for fighters.

I mostly use alteration and misticism as it makes your life easier. Mysticism also has absorb stats spells. As to conjuration I found out that it's only good for distracting enemies and even that doesn't always work as you may expect it. Even higher level summons do practically no.damage to serious enemies.

I would like for silt sriders to take me to every place a silt strider can and for every boat to take me to wherever a boat can. I would also like the guild guides to transport me to most major settlements and not to five. It is pointless how complicated it is. In order to get to Dagon Fel (Which I needed to do a fuckton of times because every fucking daedra sends me there, fighter's guild sends me there, temple sends me there ON FOOT) I had to recall to my mark in Balmora, Silt Strider to Ald'Ruhn from there and then Silt Strider to Khuul. Then I needed to take a boat do Dagon Fel and swim. I probably wouldn't have such a problem with this if the game didn't try to crash each time I did this.
As a result I travel to Khuul every fucking day. Every road leads to Khuul.

Getting pretty bored playing as a mage. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been thinking of RPing as a tribal with shitty spears and chitin armor.

She's literally one of the three benevolent Daedric princes in Morrowind.

My PC is not that great so i can't run this game with every mod imaginable and the Overhaul thing apparently changes too much of the game but i still want to improve the graphics a bit, especially that godawful draw distance to properly enjoy the amazing landscapes and stuff. Any help?

Just use the Morrowind Graphics Extender instead of MGSO and bump up the view distance a little, MGE on its own doesn't change the textures.

Depends on your idea of benevolent. She's certainly better than most of the others but that isn't saying much.

Fuck me, Morrowind caught my eye sitting there on the bookshelf in my stack of classic gaming discs the other day, damn if I didn't consider installing it. THANKS OP.

Is this the best mod for Morrowind?

ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

I might go back and play it vanilla, but I'm interested what the best community patches/mods are.

What did she do to classify her as not chaotic good?

Best is a subjective thing, there are some scattered individual mods which look better in some places, but its definitely the easiest graphics mod to install by far since it changes so much shit all in one and has a lot of customization options. Makes it easy to turn off shit you might not like, I think the sound mods in MGSO are shit for instance, so I play with them off. I turn down some of the post-processing effects too. It does make the game look better than a lot of modern games in places, and watching the sun set over the sea on the Bitter Coast for the first time will probably blow you away with how good it looks.

As for gameplay mods, theres a lot, and a lot have unfortunately been lost been PlanetElderScrolls bit the dust. If you're gonna play a mage I'd recommend the Rise of House Telvanni mod which lets you basically lead House Telvanni as Archmagister, and theres pretty much no reason to play without Tamriel Rebuilt, which adds a lot of Morrowind's mainland to the game with lots of quest and big sprawling dungeons. Tamriel Rebuilt is unfinished, though, only the eastern half of the continent is done.

well, cursing an entire race and turning their skin ash grey and eyes blood red, just for actions of few people is kinda dickish.

Thanks user, graphics mods were really what I was after so I'll give MSGO a go.

I only remember ever playing a Khajiit thief in this game, so I think I'll do that again for my first re-run before going back for a mage character.

Double post just to get the soundtrack in here, I'm hype to play some Morrowind this weekend.

Bitch got her comeuppance, though.

It's almost as if Morrowind is supposed to take place in an actual world where methods of travel are limited by various factors. Plus, you could always guild guide to Sadrith Mora and boat over to Dagon Fel. Less stops that way.

Well, she did curse the entire Chimer race because of the actions of three individuals. She also then created a prophecy to ruin those said individuals. And, if you believe the folk tales, a Dwemer professor tried to trick her with a very light and innocent prank, and, whether he succeeded or failed, she subsequently punished him and the Dunmer friend of his that had agreed to summon her. She's a very spiteful, selfish being.

So then what's her endgame in supporting the MC in every Elder Scrolls installment?

She's only directly supported the Nerevarine, and that was part of a revenge plot against the Tribunal.

Reminder to everyone to please >>>/tes/ back to life

Never forget.

Almalexia was such a terrible person.

Argonians are used the dunmer's love for slavery against them. They are basically subversive jews that have been spying for their countries for centuries.

How are you supposed to beat this fucker? He is nearly impossible to hit due to his Luck being 770, he has a resist magicka from 80 to 100 and reflect from 50 to 100. If I try to hit him with my sword he kills me quicker. If I try to kill him with spells I might accidentally kill myself and do very little damage to him. Are there strategies or something?

I don't know about other strategies but mine was just to wear boots of blinding speed and kite him with a conjured spear.

If you have a marksman character you would have an even easier time by using those OP as fuck darts from the centurion archers which do around 80 damage per hit.

Hes basically a joke enemy, I think someone at bethesda just thought it would be funny to have a little wood elf named Gay-nor beat your mc's ass. You can use either super OP spells or sethealth 0.

You shouldn't have said no to him.

How should I about playing it, whats the best way?. I havent played any elder scrolls game except for some skyrim.

the funny part is if you have a million gold and try to give it to him he'll refuse it anyways and claim you're mocking him.

Get MCP and unofficial patch and then play it nearly vanilla.
If you can't enjoy vanilla at all then there is very little reason for you to mod it. If you find shit that irks you a lot but are otherwise enjoying the game then look up some mods for it.

Use OpenMW and all the graphics mods you want. Gameplay doesn't need mods, if you can't at least tolerate the gameplay you won't like the game

I played morrowind's intro and heard some stuff. Honestly elder scrolls as a series interests me. I just dont want to be frustrated and give up that early because its aged like a fine milk.

I honestly dont care about graphics, they're the least of my concern.

post your favorite mods

Yes yes im aware, but that was the first time i was introduced to elder scrolls as a series. Probably a bad introduction but Im still interested in playing the originals.

You mean the lore of it?
You can skip almost every game in the series. They are all varying levels of bad. Your degree of enjoyment has a lot to do with how much stupid shit you can handle and that is something nobody but yourself can tell you.

Bare-bones requirements for not being a shitter in Morrowind:
There, now you wont be a
faggot

Not just lore, gameplay, world exploration, characters, etc. Even what little i played of Skyrim made me want to go back and see what the other games have to offer as well. I dont care if they're old and shitty looking, i only care if they're playable and most importantly fun

Whoever told you vanilla is garbage is an idiot. Morrowind is the gamebryo TES that has the best vanilla. At most, I'd recommend the Morrowind Patch Project and the Morrowind Code Patch. Those will fix up any issues with the base game. Also, ignore anyone who says to use OpenMW. While it's come far along and is nearly on par with vanilla, it still has a lot of little behavior issues and bugs that make it not quite equivalent to the original. I mean, the most recent version just implemented dodging for humanoid npcs.

mw.modhistory.com/download-56-8052
mw.modhistory.com/download-4-13139
mw.modhistory.com/download-56-11299

Dagoth Ur did nothing wrong

I'd say there's a trade-off, in that OpenMW runs much better on modern PCs but has the issues you point out, while vanilla with MPP and MCP is the "real" vanilla and has better support for script-heavy mods

The dunmer are the real niggers.

mw.modhistory.com/download-4-12851

I appreciate the help, I really want to get into this game. I do have one more question…
Can I be an axe/mace and shield necromancer?

No necromancy in vanilla morrowind

That depends on what you qualify as a "necromancer". There are summon spells for undead creatures in the game, but that's the extent of any necromancy without mods.

I like that mod myself, used it on a couple playthroughs but I found that it kinda fucks with combat as NPCs are so speedy you don't really have time to do anything besides whack them with a melee weapon

You can with this:
download.fliggerty.com/download-110-1

Oh, and axes and maces are on separate skills in Morrowind.

Ah, well thanks alot guys

Despite the lack of necromancy, there is quite a lot of undead creatures in the game. Base Morrowind has many kinds of skeletons, bonewalkers, greater bonewalkers (you will learn to hate these guys), bonelords, and ghosts, if I'm not forgetting anything. There's also the vampire npcs scattered around the world. Tribunal adds in liches, and Bloodmoon adds in the draugr that would later be fucking everywhere in Skyrim.

There's a crystal egg mod I can't find anymore, needs two files. All it does is place ~200 eggs in the world to collect. I just find it fun to find them and toss em in a corner in my house.

It might be deleted or lost to the ravages of time.
mw.modhistory.com/download-69-10804
I find links pointing here and saying the download is here but there's nothing.
Maybe the author went liberal and deleted the mod because Trump was elected

DELETE THIS

I hope to god that bullshit hasn't infected the MW mod community. I couldn't give a fuck about shitrim, but not morrowind

lol. Also I think Dagoth is LE, considering how much he still admired Nerevar.

Did that Nexus homo who made the Civil War mod for Skyrimjob pussy out and relent or did he actually delete his shit?

I could be remembering wrong, but I think he went doublefaggot and shoehorned in redguards into Stormcloak and Imperial armies because >muh diversity

I think there's a mod specifically for that, now.

It fucks with followers kinda, if you sprint they start going mental. Then again followers were always shit.

Fuck, I haven't thought about Morrowind much in recent months. But just this thread, it's coming back to me!

After all the years, it's hard to be hyped about the main game. OpenMW is evolving too slowly without Scrawl and Zini, it's frustrating me. I'm fucking hyped about about Tamriel Rebuilt so hard, tho.

Come on, n'wahs. TES is not as easy or shallow as contemporary utalitarian (atheistic) morality. Y'all need to dig deeper.

So is Divayth Fyr just a wizard NEET?

Hes living the NEET dream.

Not simply that. He makes a game of it, putting everything in a series of hidden, locked chests containing keys to other hidden, locked chests.

Difference is, Fyr doesn't have any spaghetti to spill and isn't a faggot.

Remember that Atronach is the best sign

Dubs of truth

How can Telvanni be the best when both Indoril and Dres are edgier?

how the fuck do you think empires arise and propagate themselves? Dumb fucking luck?

you can travel to and from any major city for 10 gold a pop using the Mages Guild Guide. You can set your own Mark and recall to it anytime with a spell. You can escape back to the nearest settlement with an Intervention spell.
Being able to instantly jump to any location on the map is a terrible way to do fast travel. In the TES series Morrowind has the best fast travel hands down.

Telvanni are wizards.

These political cartoons are really getting out of hand ever since trump was elected.

And Indoril consider all dunmer living in their lands slaves.
And Dres make pacts with daedra and mindbreak beast slaves.

Oh you've seen nothing yet. I have this one saved for years now.

Yeah so? Do they have a NEET who created 4 daughters out of himself?

Where's the Ben Garrison seal of approval?

I think it's older than the Ben meme.

Nuh-uh, not gonna work fam.
Fyr is only a honorary member and they leave him alone because they fear him, respect him and know he wouldn't allow them to use his name in associaton with their house if they weren't extra polite.

Fixed.

Whatever does Sotha Sil hold in his left hand anyway?

He's probably been made honorary in case you play as Hlaalu or Redoran.

His own face, I shit you not. He shed his "humanity" in pursuit of grand design, which ended with him becoming part of the Nirn machine. Face in his hand symbolises his change and new order after the death of Nerevar.

Nah, all high up Telvanni members scheme against each other, except Fyr who nobody bothers or tries to assassinate. His house is also far out of the way, emphasizing his separation from the house. His servants are his, not Telvanni. He's also older than the house and has no interests in the affairs of the house. He's a non entity and couldn't care less about it. It's just Telvanni who are his cheerleaders.

That thing does not very much look like a face. We're talking about the object in his left hand, right? Not the torn off face in his right that originally belonged to Nerevar?

Also, I'm fairly certain Sotha still has a face when you find his corpse in the clockwork city.

If you're talking about the shield-like thing in his right hand, I have no idea.
I think you might be right, it might be Nerevar's face instead.
I wouldn't call this a preserved face, though.

The golden stuff is his fragmented mask, not something surgically attached to his face.

Also, why the fuck is Sotha a Dunmer. He's a Chimer like Almalexia. Someone in the modding department made a mistake.

It's not a mistake. All dunmer were turned ash by Azura. The three gods had power to change themselves back, though. And Almalexia, vain as a woman usually is, did so. Vivec, being a dick, went half way to symbolize himself as a faggot. Sotha Sil didn't care whatsoever about his physical body and just left it as it is.

He tried to encourage the dunmer to embrace their new form, He just didn't care.

Huh. I always thought the Tribunal was exempt from Azura's curse due to fucking around with the Heart of Lorkhan, with Vivec only turning himself striped because he is a preposterous faggot.

But if what you say is true, Bethesda itself made a mistake. Not that this would be a precedence case.

Doesnt' look golden to me, just very, very pale. Fitting for a decomposing body.

But it's certainly not ash-blue as in true Dunmer.

Not anymore it isn't

Guys, I need an advice. I'm doing Bloodmoon questline dor the first time I don't know how it happened and I can't decide if I become a werewold or stay with Skaal. Is Hircine's questline way better than Skaal ql? Is it tough to live as a werewolf?

Follow your heart user
Drink the blood of your enemies

Being a werewolf is a fairly boring gimmick, imho.

BECOME A WEREWOLF/VAMPIRE HYBRID FOR THE ULTIMATE MORROWIND EXPERIENCE MY MAN

Is that actually possible? I always thought lycanthropy overrides vampirism.

Don't do this.

In Morrowind it is. Also don't listen to
I mean, it's not like you want to have fun, right?

Who doesn't want to have FUN ?

Nice try but I know you are an untrustworthy skeleton. Being Vampire/werewolf hybrid might give you nice stats but rhe game will be hardly playable.

Reread my post to see what I meant, my man.

Goddamn it, foiled again.

You can't cheat me that easily, Fagoth Ur
t. Nerevar

So if I gets this right, a lycanthrope-vampire hybrid would have to

a) kill at least one non-monster NPC each night after transforming into a werewolf or risk sever health loss the next morning
b) Somehow have to absorb health from NPCs via Vampiric Touch, which you can't do in werewolf form
c) Stay out of the fucking sun, so you basically can only travel outdoors while in werewolf form.

Which means that you'd need to feed on people during daytime because you can't cast spells while in werewolf form during nighttime.

And then there's the entire rest of the vampire downsides.

Shut up, stupid n'wah

Aaaayy

Damn straight, you s'wit, I've got enough of your bullshit. You could've just listened to me and had a great time playing as a vampire/werewolf hybrid, but you didn't, so fuck off n'wah.

please, please tell me where the fuck these pics come from.

The internet

Is the fair magicka regen mod only for plebs and losers who can't use alchemy?

why does image search never work on any of them, i've seen several on 8ch and nowhere else ever.

They're ours

implying 8ch users foreign language

yes

Yes. Comberry, frost salts, void salts, and daedra hearts can be used in restore magicka potions. Collect each one you find. or just buy potions in towns Only use potions if you're in combat, otherwise just rest. Level your Int every level. There you go, now magicka isn't a problem.

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=shangguan_feiying

谢谢

That's an evil (or neutral if you're paladin) thing in the DnD system.

You mean willpower?

this might surprise you, but I have never actually bothered to use alchemy. potions that I buy and steal find are more than enough for my needs

Yeah I've never bothered much with alchemy, I've always just seen it as a way to break the game if you want to and not much else. Spells and enchants usually cover any needs I would want potions for

One of the problems I have with Morrowind is that magic is really unbalanced. Like I wanted to make a altmer apprentice character with a strong emphasis on mysticism so he could absorb magicka to cover his weakness to magic, but it turns out that the spell cost so much it's completely useless, even at level 100 mysticism. I've been thinking about making my own mod to balance magic, stuff like that is really simple with the creation kit, since all you need to do is edit numbers.

should've went atronach and enchanted a bunch of stuff with absorb magicka

Effects need to have different costs for whether they target you or an enemy. Imagine reducing the cost of a spell by putting a drawback on it.

Its also fun to limit your character. Pick only one magic school, maybe two. Or never use one particular type of magic, even from items. Make your own custom spells with interesting effects and drawbacks (and non retarded costs…) and hand them out at specific spells levels. That sort of thing.

Alchemy is best if you scavenge ingredients yourself and never fucking buy them. Ever.

Though any skill will break the game eventually. You get long blade to 80? Prepare to win every fight because you'll never miss and things will die fast

It's the easiest way to level alchemy and mercantile, and it makes you a shitload of dosh.

Just go to the fucking scamp. It's quick, he buys your daedric and ebony weapons for full price and with enough patience you can sell everything without losing a drake.
I had at least two million during my first playthrough, and finding the master alchemy trainer (in the orc fort to the north) is pretty easy. Just throw money at people until you are a god.

Money was never really a problem in Morrowind anyway.

You can also just go to a merchant who sells ingredients and buy the ones that never go out of stock, make potions and sell them back to the merchant.

If you're gonna use that much patience, anyway, you might as well use that time profiting off potions and keeping the Daedric and ebony weapons for your collection. Creeper and the Mudcrab merchant are best for quickly getting a large sum of money at once, where you don't care if you lose 30000 potential gold selling off your Daedric war axe.

Anyone got any tips/guides on getting Morrowind vanilla-ish to run in Windows 8.1? OpenMW works fine, but is not quite 100% there.

Game just blanks after trying to start it from the splash/loader.

Tried compatibility mode? Without mods?

Dark Brotherhood cuirass makes for a great trading tool, so do bracers. If you sell these first and then buy them back to outweigh the transaction you can sell daedric claymores without losing a drake. Their inventory resets after waiting 24 hours.
Dark brotherhood assassins respawn infinetely in their hideout anyway.

ANARA: Dying of frostbite in summertide in the ashlands? B'vek, that's strange. I suppose it's possible that my master knew this man, but being an ashlander and my master being of the House of Telvanni, well, if you'll pardon me for being flippant, serjo, I don't think they coulda been friends.

CLAVIDES: That is your master's library? Would you mind if I looked in?

ANARA: Please, serjo, go wherever you want. We got nothing to hide. We're loyal Imperial subjects.

CLAVIDES: As, I hear, are all Telvanni.

(Note from the playwright: this line should be delivered without sarcasm. Trust the audience to laugh – it never fails, regardless of the politics of the locals.)

"You lay on your back, with a blissful feeling of peace swirling through your brain. Your every muscle is relaxed. There is no tension in any part of your body. You feel completely at ease. As your vision comes into focus, you notice others standing around you. As a man leans towards you, you recognize the robes of the Telvanni mage, and you see a glint of light from his scalpel as it begins to cut through your flesh."

I have never had a case where compatibility mode did anything

Yes, didn't do squat. I guess I could spin up a virtual XP instance in VirtualBox, but that seems excessive.

Todd has a crusade against the old fans whose made this series great once… He use every possible opportunity to give a huge fuck you to us!

This was bullshit. Fuck todd.

Fucking pissed me off, man.

I'll believe that when I see his corpse

I swear you guys are inventing half of your arrows of lies just to pretend to be pissed about something.

4000 year old.

In the DLC's defense, the lore behind Old Vaginaface was quite interesting once you wrapped your head around it. But then again, they supposedly had help from Kirkbride.

There's the usual compatibility mode/run as admin solutions to try. If you installed it from disk, make sure everything was copied over correctly.

That's what was my last point about…
More and more you read or hear about Mora, you just get the feel he is more bad than Miirak. And still, you jewed the tribe secret for him. Kill his jewed champion. Let yourself jewed by him.
DB is the biggest cuck in the TES history and you can't do anything against it!

But we can all agree that Spears are the best weapon type in the entire game, no?

>combine with heavy or medium armor or both and get like 4 endurance points every level
Yeah, I like them.

Fyr is potentially extremely influential within House Telvanni. Master Aryon sends him a coded letter asking for his support.
Notice how he says "our" house? Divayth doesn't participate in the squabbling of the Telvanni Council because he has bigger fish to fry.

yeah it's pretty good

I've been playing as a two-handed swordsman with heavy armor and I haven't started the main quest since I've been doing the fighter's guild. If I waited until I finished ranking up in the guild would that take away from the enjoyment of the main questline?

Not really. Moat people have done the main quest 0-2 times at most.

Usually its about rolling different characters and exploring in different regions and different ways

If anything it'll probably make it more enjoyable since you'll be level appropriate for the more difficult ones already.

*more difficult quests

Well that's good news, I was worried the game might have been designed for you to do the guilds concurrently with the main quest

I think the idea is to do some guild quests and get some decent gear, then do the MQ until you run into a wall and go back to levelling skills and getting more gear from guild/side quests. But it makes more sense to just finish a guild and start the MQ with high level gear.

The guilds are largely segregated from the MQ. The Houses are less so, but only in that having a high rank in one of the Houses essentially lets you skip a few quests in the main questline.

If you earn a lot of Reputation and level a lot you can skip a big part of the main quest. I think it's 50 rep and above lvl 20.

Tribunal expansion assume you finished the main quest too.

just put "Always Use Best Attack" on

Obligatory.

Yeah, and the Dunmer also think Mephala is a "good daedra," but she's a bitch who delights in betrayal and murder. She's almost as bad as Namira.
The best daedric prince is Nocturnal, because it's canon that she's hot as fuck, and I want to put my dick insider her.

Sotha's holding Nerevar's face. There's some writing about that image, I can't remember where it was, but it goes something like this: "Vivec speared Nerevar's breast (so the Nerevarine could be either sex), Sotha Sil cut off Nerevar's face (so the Nerevarine could be any race), and Almalexia cut off Nerevar's feet (so the Nerevarine could go anywhere).

Wait, no, the feet were cut off so the Nerevarine could "be from anywhere."

The Dunmer revere Mephala because she taught them how to be conniving and backstabbing to help them survive and defeat their enemies. Same with Boethiah and Azura. It's not because the Dunmer think they do good things, I mean Boethiah and Mephala are explicitly related to war, murder and deceit.

I don't remember that rope bridge in vanilla. What mod adds it? It's a nice touch. Would go well with concept art ghostfence

Unfortunately I don't remember the mod name. Somewhere from Mod History site.

I'll have to look for it. I wonder if it just adds some shit to ghostfence or if it adds little touches like that everywhere

It's just the Ghost Gate. Something like Ghost Gate expanded.

Chaika, heart! Chaika steal godhood! Chaika MURDER HORTATOR! Chaika write this!

How did the Tribunal "lose" the tools? It is not mentioned. Just that they went to the Heart one time and got fucked up by Dagoth Ur.

I think it's supposed to be implied that Dagoth Ur or his minions secretly stole them during one of the Tribunal's annual pilgrimages to the Heart.

Dagoth Ur and his Ash Vamps ambushed them when they were weak and trying to restore their powers on their annual pilgrimage to the Heart. It was, I believe, the first time that Dagoth Ur had been sighted since they originally became gods, so they were unprepared and got #rekt.

I always just imagined they panicked like an XCOM rookie when they got jumped and threw all their shit down and ran away.

I always had a hard time imagining Dagoth Ur and his posse overcoming the three tribunes all at once.

Why put a swing there, what kind of shit mod are you using?

Swings haven't been invented in TES, I don't know why people make mods like these.

Dagoth Ur was stronger than all three of them at the time, and only became stronger as time went on.

Considering how easily you can kill both Vivec and Almalexia, its no surprise that Dagoth Ur made them retreat after an ambush while outnumbering them.

Thats not the only problem with magic
Once you get to the mid-end game you'll realize that every enemy has a certain percentage reflect passive to them which means your high level spell has a chance to kill you.
This becomes to annoying that it is faster to spam chitin spear attacks and heal yourself in the middle of it than to waste mana casting magic.

Do AoE spells that don't hit directly reflect too?

How is that OpenMW multipalyer project coming along?

Fucking murdered his best friend for power, outlaws buttsex and does it himself.

Misguided, not evil, he wanted to share divinity, ultimatley he failed to realize what Lorkahn wanted of the mundus but hes not *evil*.

Nothing new since early December, I believe. But it's beta tier already. Was, those month and a half ago.

Recommend me some good mods. They don't need to strictly adhere to "muh vanilla" or "muh loar" but they should still fit with the style of vanilla and not look out of place compared to the rest of the game. Also quality of life improvements like magicka regen are good (it's either that or changing cells mid-combat so you can wait and get all your health/mana back). I also don't really care about gwafix mods but some audio improvements would be nice.

Here's what I got so far

All of these generally do a good job of fitting with the original style.

Fuck off Satan, Morrowind's ass belongs to the Empire.

You forgot the mod that enables you to use placed alchemy equipment and the one that allows you to become a farmer/potter/blacksmith/clothier

Thanks, I'll check those out but I'm not a fan of better heads since it changes the art style quite a bit (most noticeably with elves).

What would those mods be called?

Fuck off, Helseth. Your mother's a slut.

I misread that as dagoth ur and his pose

Yeah
Reflect just reflects spell effects to the source.

I forget the specifics of each well enough to tell you which one that is, but there are some options. Complete Morrowind (or Morrowind Complete, I forget) and Morrowind Crafting are both existing mods that do shit in that vein.

This is pretty cool, thanks for posting.

Morrowind had some very spooky locations.

Looks like a colonoscopy

Dammit.

Post Marowak's Spine.

Is there a mod to make the game less shitty? Like a complete overhaul of the dialogue, npcs, quests, general aesthetic of the game?

Just play Skyrim

More autism, please.

But I want it to be less like BoredRim…

This. I don't know why you would want to play as a reincarnated cuckold anyway.

Forgot to include appropriate pic.

So you can get your revenge obviously. An alpha like Nerevar isn't going to let a cuckoldress and a dirty betrayer get away with it

True revenge would've been being able to side with Dagoth Ur, killing all n'wah that the Tribunal let in, and taking back what the Tribunal stole. With Almalexia you have to be her slaveboy up until the point where she gives you no other choice.

Maybe if Dagoth retained any of his former self, but he got turned into a bitch by the Heart of Lorkhan just like the rest of the Tribunal. It doesn't matter if you have to do a few errands first, revenge is still revenge.

If only the game actually enabled you to see honest revenge. But no. You are the prophecy snowflake sent out to carry Azura's wishes. Even if you kill Vivec and Almalexia, no one will bat an eye or even believe you. Self-defense is hardly any revenge. The whole plot felt unsatisfying, which shouldn't be a surprise considering that Kirkbride intends for Vivec to continue being a god and go on to become the father of Nerevarine's children in C0DA.

it's pretty well accepted that the Nerevarine Prophecy has no actual bearing on the main quest. It's just whether you fit the requirements and are good enough to kill Dagoth Ur. If the prophecy was protecting the Nerevarine then the first person who filled the role would have been succesful. Just because Azura tells you to do something doesn't mean you're doing it because you were told to.
How could they believe that literal gods were killed? Especially if there's no way to verify it?
if you follow the lore in the game and figure out that Nerevar was betrayed by the Tribunal then it's pretty easy to assume Alma will betray you again, and/or plan to kill her eventually. It's not a huge surprise that she's gone mad. Also, the circumstances don't matter, you killed the people who betrayed you, that's revenge.
[citation needed]
The Nerevarine leaves for Akavir and isn't seen or heard from again. And if Vivec somehow does become the father, how can the Nerevarine be the mother?

I wish I could give specific citations to Kirkbride's retarded ideas, but c0da.se doesn't work half the time. You can still find the information that cites c0da directly on dumb wikis or plebbits. Basically, one or more Numidium pop out of time bubbles just like Alduin, only they actually do destroy the entirety of Nirn. A new Nerevarine appears to save the muh poor Khajiit and Dunmer refugees and carry them to the moon. Then an amalgamation of all Nerevarines, called Jubal-lun-Sul, marries with Vivec and create the Nu-Child. I'm thankful Kirkbride was fucking fired.

Wish I could link directly to c0da but it's down, you can still look up the names, though. Specifically, this event is known as "Landfall" in c0da.

I knew about Landfall but I thought it was just Numidium II. Kirkbride went completely off the deep end once there was no dev team to keep his shit in check.

Just one.

Not entirety, just made it unlivable for most people.

An unspecific player Nerevarine you can either slf insert your character or not.

Vivec returns to save only the Dunmer. Khajiit always had a way to the moon. Imperials had settlements on the moon over two thousand years by then. We don't get specifics on the other species.

You misunderstood something.

Kills his male half, leaving only a waifu behind.

Landfall is the return of Numidium.

And I'm thankful you don't make lore because your fanfic was awful.

Nitpicking, the post.

Show me c0da proof of all the concrete details you state, because they don't exist. You know as well as I do that KB left if intentionally vague on many respects, but the bullshit is always the same.

Seems like it all worked out for ol' Nerevar

There is absolutely no mention of Vivec's male side ever being killed.

The problem with c0da is not the lore, it's how wacky it is. What Kirkbide dispensed with c0da is no more complex than Sermons, really. It's just written in such a strange way people who talk about it don't really read it or they go off of what someone told them.
Second problem is when you mix wacky jokes and high concept autism with Kirkbride TES-speak, very few people will actually get what he's trying to say and start getting mad at his (I have no trouble admiting) sometimes pointless aestetics.

In c0da there's this part where Tribunal are superheroes and Dagoth Ur is out shoping. I've seen mad anons many times ranting how c0da is stupid and that they dropped it there. It seems kind of a pleb filter because the really good (and some stupid) stuff comes afterwards. If you actually do get it, you'll realize it's a tv show and the setting on the moon is a sci-fi magitech setting where kids are watching stupid bastardizations of old myths as saturday morning cartoons.
Was this scene necessary? No. Was it good? It was kind of funny. Did it infuriate people who didn't understand what's going on? Yes.

Ah yes, the famous cuck meme. Nothing against cuck memes fam, but you don't use them in serious discussions.

There's this whole part with space ninjas and getting revenge on Vivec who always acted masculine. Kirkbride talked later on about it being about defeating his male side.

Yeah, I don't buy into the cuck meme, that was a riff on the other user calling Nerevar a cuck. I know what the 36 sermons are for.

Nothing nitpicky about that post. user fully fucked up and made a nonsense post which doesn't gel with lore.
If you think any of this is ambiguous, you're either gonna have to trust me and the few anons who know what we're talking about or go to leddit and ask them.

If anyone allowed themselves to be cucked here, it's Vivec. He was always a hurr durr am i male or am i female tumblrite. In c0da he gave Nerevarine (who is at this point very powerful, may have CHIM himself, which is one of the few things debatable) a chance to slap his shit in and Nerevarine obliged. He basically put Vivec in his place and made him manifest as a waifu.
To be honest, I find this a bit distasteful and definitely strange, but it's one contrivance I'm willing to put up with for the resolution of the story. And the resolution is big enough that its this being distasteful is a mere speck on the grand map. But yeah, Vivec cucked himself and got cucked.

Lol dude this shit is so deep, only plebs wouldn't get it. No one could understand such high concept autism. GOD IS LOVE, HOUSE OF WE, KILL THE WORM. If only everyone could understand the subtle undertones. I am so much smarter than them, because I am a true Kirkbride follower.

I don't like Kirkbride. Had him on facebook once, he was an asshole. I'm here for Elder Scrolls.

You may as well be mocking the Bible because it says the same thing. There's a difference between an infinitely deep statement you can't really understand and a buzzword. Now don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying TES is as deep as the Bible. I'm saying your statement is low effort bait.

House because houses are cultural groups dunmer segregate themselvs in. Once Amaranth comes, everyone will be given the same chance to save themselves. Makes perfect sense. Nice world building.

Wyrm is an aspect of Akatosh and he's, once again, gone mad. The point isn't really to kill him, though he needs to be constantly warded off.

I know user I completely agree with you. That time when future-Nerevarine married with Vivec and Lorkhan was their priest was so touching and deep. The world was saved because of Love, it was the best story ever. It's too bad all these idiots don't get it. They're not advanced enough to perceive Kirkbride's narrative genius.

I also like the part where I fucked your mother.

Just call him Jubal-lun-Sun.

He really wasn't. By completing Amaranth, Lorkhan and Akatosh were finally set free, meaning they were able to return. He was just there, not a priest. You can't be a priest when you come after the event.

More like restored. Even if Numidium did everything it could've, the world wouldn't be destroyed, just Mundus.

Not exactly a story. More of an eschatological post scriptum.

This is true.

I'm sure you find nothing wrong with the metaphysical bullshit of everything being a lame dream (lmoa nothing is really real my duuude) and Jubal-lun-Sun together with Vivec creating a new godhead/amaranth/nu-child/dream/whatever that exists within a dream within a dream within a dream […]. I just wish Numidium would have fulfilled its destiny and destroyed Kirkbride's dumb fanfic. But wait, according to to C0DA that's also possible, since everything is possible at once. Truly spectacular.

You're an infantile moron. It may not be a literal dream, but the limen of Divine Mystery.

You're dead wrong. Divine Love transcends any physicality of a dream. The whole point is that you can't escape the dream without being uplifed by Love from outside the box.
To think God exists within his own creation. What a grand and intoxicating naivetey!

Your knowledge of lore is lacking. You heard some things, but you don't understand them. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I can't tell where the satire in that chart starts and ends.

LARPing faggots like you are the reason Morrowind as a game is ruined by the fanbase. You're on the level of overwatch/undertale fans, but hide behind a thin veneer of autism.

Who's larping what?

You're larping being the educated loremaster to something (C0DA) that doesn't even want to have a canon, or have a structure, and whose depth ends at "it's all just a dream where everything can happen and all fanfics are right in their own way" + quirky writing.
Sure you might create a fanfic that's actually coherent, but acting like Kirkbride is a narrative mastermind is just boggling my mind. If you really want to LARP about it, though, then please go ahead and tell me how Kirkbride's concepts are in any way enjoyable or even mildly original.

Thanks for calling me a scholar. But mate. Mate. If you want genderfluid lore, no canon and shit like that, go to fucking leddit. You belong there for sperging about shit you know nothing about and then being mad you got bitchslapped.

The whole reason why I hate C0DA and MK in the first place is because I don't want genderfluid lore and no canon, genius.

If that was true, you wouldn't be sperging in this thread. You don't have a dog in this fight, you're not into the lore anyway. Go make a "What went wrong?" Skyrim thread.

That's all I've got.

I do care about the lore, I just hate MK directly encouraging subjective opinions and interpretations to everything.
I said Jubal-lun-Sun is an amalgamation of all Nerevarines because MK wants all the Nerevarines, of all players and fanfic writers, to all have existed. Jubal-lun-Sun is the result of that cornucopia.
Numidium had already broken time, so Lorkhan could have already been there when Vivec and Jubal got married if C0DA allowed it.
It exists within a dream within a dream within a dream because it was creating a new pocket universe out of the old pocket universe, and who knows if that's not what happened before.
Even if I'm coming up with shitty fanfiction, it's all falling into what MK would've wanted in his adoration for relativism.

Tibetan still looks better. Tolkien had the right idea.

If I wasn't playing a porn game right now, I'd tell you why you're backpedaling now and why that's bullshit. Go fuck yourself.

No reason to be bootyblasted just because you're a Skyrim newfag, user.

I wonder if Sotha Sil can walk on those prosthetic legs. Maybe those things aren't prostetics, but cables and his real legs were cut off by Almalexia like she did with Nerevar

We'd need a new category called Chaotic Retard.

Who's the chaotic neutral?

Umbra

You're right, thanks for pointing out my mistake.

You're a pretentious prick, but whether it's a gayass metaphor or not doesn't change that it's the metaphor of a retarded dream where everything is possible because lmoa dude it's just a dream. XDDD
Sounds retarded tbh fam.

-5th pic.
Sounds like hippie garbage mixed in with kiddie's first metaphysical contemplation. MK's concepts are retarded, he's just blessed with quirky writing so idiots will eat it up.

I haven't been following this bullshit but it sounds like you're just not a fan of TES lore. It's fine if you don't like something, user. There's no need to get angry

What's an example of good fantasy lore in your opinion?

MK didn't do much of the actual writing, besides Vivec. Mostly he did the metaphysics of the worldbuilding. You're a retard.

TES Lore isn't just MK's autism, and not all of MK's autism should be considered actually canon.

TES' but without MK's direct metaphysical labouring. The sermons and some of his other books were fine, though.

The godhead and the dream are canon, though. I thought that was what the argument was about. I think the godhead is specifically referred to in Dragonborn. I'm not even that big of a lorefag, I just wanna know why everybody is sperging about shit that can easily be ignored

Because a lot of anons consider Kirkbride to be their lord and saviour, even though all he's trying to do is to retcon that you can kill Vivec, and his upper metaphysical world building isn't even good at all.

It's just one guy doing the sperging.

(hail satan)
Why are you so angry though? If you don't like what Kirkbride adds, just ignore it. Most of the shit you're arguing about are out-of-game texts written by a bored alcoholic who happens to be a fan of a game series he wrote for. Just enjoy the games.
(checked)
You're correct, I should've double-checked my post

Can't we just end the thread talking about qt dunmer waifus?

Why live?

That shit is poison by now, user. Although this does remind me I need to re-read The Real Berenziah and the biography

I don't mean old Barenziah, I mean when she was young enough to still be hot–but after she was corrupted.

In my mind it was one of two possibilities. Either Sotha was going to make himself as fully mechanical as possible, and those blade-legs are just the first part of future fully operational robolegs, or he was cutting away pieces of himself and letting himself become more a part of his city. I think the latter is more probable because he's already heavily wired into that arch and I think there's dialogue or writing in the game alluding to the fact that he wanted to be his city or something along those lines.
by that dirty Khajiit dick?

One can only imagine what a barbed cock does to a vagina

Helseth just slid right out

Fuck you.

Why. Why does this exist?

It's funny because what you're shittalking as stupid are the official stances of Catholic Church about our reality. So it's not really stupid as much as you're a dumbass intent on calling everything dumb because it's in a series you don't like.

What is this?

Looks like Morrowind themed tarot cards.

What the fuck is this

I got that, fam. I'm wondering if it's some kind of licensed product, or a fan-made thing.
Also,
kek

I dont recognize the npc in the judgement one, body looks like an ascended sleeper but the head is different

What an abortion

Looks pretty cool

it is ascended sleeper, he's just looking up, that's why it looks bit weird

Thanks for triggering my tes autism! Everyday is a grim reminder how i loved Morrowind and how deep went the series…

Has anyone written about a possible connection between Sheogorath and Lorkhan? There might be something there, especially with the duality theme that both of them share.

I'm not aware of any such connection, unless you think the Hero of Kvatch (who presumably mantled Sheogorath) was a Shezzarine.

I'm thinking less about possible Hero of Kvatch connections and more on how both Sheogorath and Lorkhan have a theme of sacrificing their heart. Remember how both Duke quests involved taking the heart of the previous duke. Dementia made you take the heart while Mania was about getting the Duke's blood by making him overdose on greenmote.
Don't forget the Arden-Sul stories, both of which involved the sacrifice of the Heart.

Can confirm stacking candles is fun
I use the upstairs porch at the Balmora thieves guild/bar as a hide out and stack a bunch of candles and lanterns all over.

Though it is hard to find

If I dont have the ingredients to make restore strength potions I carry around a bunch of stoneflower petals just for those fuckers but before I thought of that those would trigger me deeply.