Cave Story getting ported AGAIN

How many times will Nicalis take advantage of Cave Story and that they basically screwed over the creator?

As long as nintendo can keep making shekels off of it.

The original freeware version is still better than any of the ports or remakes though

It's not like he was getting money off it anyway.

How can Nicalis botch this one?

Redpill me on Nicalis. How did they fuck over Pixel?

When's Cave Story 2?

Oh great, another port of a several year old game that anybody that has wanted to play it at this point has likely already purchased and enjoyed at this point.

Thanks Nintendo, so many reasons to buy a Switch! I get to play decade old games on this piece of shit and like maybe one or two Nintendo exclusives that will either be butchered in localization or moved to the console coming out after this one.

Fantastic.

uguu?

How was the original creator screwed?

What's Pixel up to anyways after Kero Blaster?

Kero Blaster was shit

No it wasn't.
The only thing I remember disliking were the keyboard controls and the look of the game.

Hopefully, never.
Cave Story is self contained. It's short and sweet, trying to expand for shekels will just make a terrible product. A spiritual sequel is fine.
I wish people stop doing this, asking for sequel and, eventually one is release, they bitch about how it isn't as good as the original.

Cave Story was released well over a decade ago.

I can't let go off this game.
Hold me, Holla Forums.

Hopefully they never make a sequel and fuck the game that way as well.

They basically took the rights from him and they're porting the game to everywhere.

Odd definition of screwed.

He isn't getting the best deal, but pretty much from every copy sold he gets 40%. He wasn't getting anything before. Holla Forums really shouldn't care about something this unimportant. Rather, the content of the paid for versions is more an issue. Pretty much everything nicalis added has been either low quality, conflicting with the original (wii music especially) and hasn't really added anything good to the game.

Nicalis, not nintendo you stupid shit eater.

Agreed. Music, graphics, original fan translation all superior.

The average nintendo "fan" really will do it for free.

Probably working some kind of coding job for a firm. He's Japanese and games are mostly a hobby for him.

So 2 years like the Wii?

It inspired Undertale but thats about it.

I'll bite this time, user. Have a reaction image. You deserve it.

I swear to god, I will fucking strangle you.

Cave Story really isn't good after the 43rd play through.

This.

Quit beating about the bush and explain right fucking now how Nicalis jewed Pixel or I swear on me mum I'm going to start shitposting as hard as I can

How exactly did Pixel go from getting nothing to getting something? At any rate, unless there was something really shady going on Pixel agreed to the terms in the contract, regardless of how shitty they were. Seems to me like Pixel isn't as crazy about Cave Story as most of its fans are anyway.

They're fucking over the devs like they did to the La-Mulana devs, aren't they? Someone should really tell Jap devs to stop giving Nicalis money.

thanks for the bump i guess

He was giving the game away for free and has been doing so since it launched. Its freeware and still publicly available. Nicalis reached out to him, made a contract, he did a little more work on it in the form of tweaking art assets. For the wii release, and now he gets a simple developers cut for a game he never charged money for. The lie that he's getting screwed is a stupid one. It's not the best deal, but its obviously work he didn't want to do and was happy to let some company handle it. He could have gotten a better deal if he wanted to do that work, but he didnt.

Holla Forums is just being retarded. I think it has to do with the game being a pc release originally.

sorry, I should've said spiritual successor.