Remember The Tomorrow Children? A game Sony pushed so hard and was to be the next Minecraft? Well it flopped, hard

Remember The Tomorrow Children? A game Sony pushed so hard and was to be the next Minecraft? Well it flopped, hard.

No actually i don't

Well, you do now

It was made by gooks?

No. Never heard of it.

They pushed the "creepy" meme too hard and it ended up looking boring and autistic so no one ever played it or heard about it after it was released.

just post a fucking gameplay video you shill

Neither do I.

I still don't, I think I may have never heard of this in the first place.

I honestly have never heard about this game before in my life either

This is either some Mandela effect shit or the game was just so shitty and forgettable it had no marketing and a low-key launch

I have literally never heard of this fucking thing before.
Post WebM and/or fuck off.

no

I've never heard of this before

Ditto.

it never looked good

Only the vidya industry is shit enough to make the word "free" something bad.

Honestly looks cool, shame it's not on PC so I can seize the means of playing for myself.

I remember this shit, they spent a crapload of marketing money in 2014 and had everybody buzzing about it, then it just dropped off the face of the earth

pretty simple fucking rule of marketing guys, don't let the hype flatline so thoroughly that everybody completely forgets your game is a thing

From wikipedia:

The Tomorrow Children runs on a proprietary game engine developed by Q-Games. The game's graphics engine utilizes new technology, aiming to achieve a Pixar-like pre-rendered CGI look with real-time 3D graphics. It utilizes the PlayStation 4's Async Compute technology extensively. It features new lighting techniques developed by Q-Games, such as cascaded voxel cone ray tracing, which simulates lighting in real-time and uses more realistic reflections rather than screen space reflections.This allows real-time global illumination, without any need for pre-calculated or pre-baked lighting. It supports direct and indirect illumination in real-time, and up to three bounces of light per pixel from all directions (compared to one bounce for Pixar films). It also features deformable landscapes, with layered depth cubes, representing the world as volumes, which are then converted to polygons as needed.

Holy fucking balls. That is an absurd amount of technological development to shove into a game that has aesthetics barely better than a mobile game. Talk about spending a lot of time polishing a turd. This should be our shining example for why "graphics" are both not equal to, and inferior to, "art" in video games.

/thread

sounds like the game was more of a tech demo for the engine to sell.

I still never figured out if it was a strategy or third person game.

I was actually very interested in this game and then I learned it was free-to-play. I'll just drop any game when that shit is mentioned.

Can't remember what I've never heard of.

I'm pretty sure this was shown only once at E3 like 2 or 3 years ago
maybe it wasn't even E3, could've been VGX

I seen this, I was going to download it but then got really disinterested. what the hell do you even do ?

Someone, sony employee if you are here, shill me this game

You like Soviet aesthetics but hate having to witness them from the enemy's side?

Is that it? You play as a really creepy but ultimately dull looking mannequin child picking up and going with boxes from point a-b

This is the most likely thing. Sony was willing to take a financial loss with this "game" because they can make more money with the engine later on.

Haaaa hahahaha! I bet you almost believed that for a second. Nah. They just tried to cash in on the open-world-sandbox-building-crafting trend, and unsurprisingly about 5 years too late, and thought they could also attract all the casualfags if they crammed in more polygons than a goddamn college of trigonometry, and they failed hard.

The video game industry is just like the movie industry. The big companies put all their stock into massive projects with ludicrous budgets, hoping to spend a billion dollars and then make at least 1.1 billion dollars back. If they do so, it's considered a success; rinse and repeat.

i think this was a free game on ps+

I'd never even heard of it. Holy shit, even the official launch trailer makes it look boring and shitty.

Judging from the trailer, it doesn't work. The lighting is the only thing that looks good. The models and animation are PS2-level at the very best.

I've only seen like a second of this game on one of the Sony presentations

why does every title need to have it?
Also apparently this turd also has micro transactions.

This is basically another No Man's Sky, the only differance is this time Sony failed to hook anyone with the bullshit.

i just watched a review. the base pickaxe takes super long to mine. like 30+ seconds of holdin a button.
the "15x" faster pickaxe is bought with real money and deteriorates over time and will eventually break and need to be repurchased.

When?

The problem of kikes is trying to push this kind of shit on a new product instead of jewing up already stablished games. If microsoft inserted a platinum pickaxe similar to that on console Minecraft they could rack in the money.

this, never heard of this until now

I like to play this game from time to time, all the resource gathering reminds me of when i used to grind for money in Runescape.

Actually, the currency you pay for in this game is called Freeman Dollars and all the transactions made with them are either in the form of a bribe or through the black market.

didnt an EA exec say that you have to let them have it then take it away once theyre invested? i believe he gave the example of forcing them to pay to reload halfway through a game?
he then said "i think this would be a good direction for the gaming industry to take"

The guy who said it even looks like a cartoon villain.

I've actually played it and it can be alright at times if your village is populated. There's little overall motivation since you're moved to another village to build it again from scratch once the population of the first one reaches the alloted goal. The a e s t h e t i c is great, the atmosphere is eerie, the mechanics are functional if nothing original and you can be the little girl.

I have no idea how long it's going to be up, however. They can't be making money on it since the microtransactions are pretty bad (as in, not interesting or needed).

Mother of Christ. Keep pounding that lever to get your dose of cocaine, or else we'll shock you.

And then the next year he wore an all-white suit. That couldn't have been a coincidence

I remember the lead developer having a massive meltdown on neofag because the review scores were terrible while neofag circlejerked around him claiming the game wasn't that bad and they bought microtransactions because they didn't believe the press.

Was all rather disgusting. Shills gonna shill, I guess.

I played this before I sold my Ps4.
It literally is as boring and depressing as communism.

Almost like giving people a boring fucking plane with some chunky turds to pick at isn't exactly fun.

its not true communism

Looks like a communist hellhole with child labor

It's actually pretty unnerving.

Your post implies you've fallen for the >free meme outside of video games. You hear the saying "Nothing is in life is free"?