Does final fantasy 14 have a good dungeon and raid finder? Also let's say I play as healer...

does final fantasy 14 have a good dungeon and raid finder? Also let's say I play as healer, is my wait time for the queue much faster? I've been playing WoW since Cataclysm and I'm also a long time Final Fantasy fan and have played FF since the first game on NES.

yes
yes

Yes.
Yes.

Yes, but we don't have good Holla Forums guilds. Constant drama in the ff14 thread that actually put me off from playing.

what do you mean?

You could just not join their guild.

Experience with 4chan/Holla Forums guilds in the past have shown me that joining them in a MMO is never a good idea.
On the topic of shitty community, be prepared for a drastic change compared to WoW.
In WoW usually everyone is a 14 year old ego prick who just look out for their own benefit.

In FF14 you will have very friendly people, to the point where some people will sometimes initiate casual conversations with you for no good reason. In return there is a huge hugbox mentality and square enix doesn't hesistate to ban anyone they deem toxic.
Also the game has lots of roleplayers, and I'm not talking about the good kind of roleplayers

It's hard to say which community is worse

With the patch that just rolled out, it's so easy to find a party now you have no excuse.

hows the caster classes in ff14 and is pvp still shit?

PvP is shit in every MMO, unless we are talking about open PvP

you never played wraith or mop did you? and yes open pvp is god tier but not many mmos have good open world pvp.

I did play wrath, and PvP was a huge steaming pile of shit there.
Wintergrasp was a mistake.
The only good pvp I've ever experienced in WoW within a battleground was in Alterac valley in Vanilla/early BC, before they completly ruined it with a stupid score system.
It actually felt like fighting a battle. And that's how good PvP should be, a unpredictable battle with players constantly trying to outwit each other even when that means fighting dirty

this. ffxiv's roleplaying community isn't like wow's where they're quarantined to their own servers, so they do it everywhere. there are cool people on the servers but generally they're the quiet ones who don't go out of their way to try and be the center of attention. and Holla Forums guilds generally aren't much fun - the people worth playing with mind their own business which means the only people you really interact with in main chats are the ebin memelords or the annoying people who cause or encourage drama

well that's weird because i don't find people on WoW to come across like that, as a 14 year old ego prick, as you put it.

But I am indeed excited to hear you say that FF14 has a very good community.

As for hugbox, that's cool. I'm not planning on acting like an edgy faggot alt-right racist type while I am playing so I doubt I will face any problems.

Then you are indeed safe.
I also should mention that you are free to say questionable things as long as you are with friends, you only have a chance of getting banned when people actually report you.

why would I buy and download Final Fantasy 14 just to act like an edgy faggot and get banned?

Once I did that on purpose like 5 years ago in WoW. I was tired of the game so I told everyone on Trade chat to meet me in front of the AH in Org, and I stripped naked and started ranting like a madman on the public chat, raving against jews, the illuminati, feminism, etc. There was like a crowd of 50 people standing there watching me. That shit was so fucking funny, I wish I had recorded it. Anyway that account got banned and locked, so later on I just reopened and bought a new account.

Hey man, I'm just saying that merely the repeated use of the word "faggot" could get you into trouble, and that's something some people are not used to coming from other MMOs. Just a fair warning

it's cool but I don't use any bad language on any game, whether it is WoW or FF14, which I am downloading right now.

Why bring edgy language and shit into an online fantasy game? The whole idea is to relax and escape into a fantasy world, far far away from this world.

Sometimes people deserve to be called huge faggots.
Not that I'm the kind of person who would do that.
But I can see why sometimes people would lose their temper and say such things

well i heard some of the dungeons can be a bit complex and i guess that would lead to frustration if someone fucks up the dungeon. Either way I am hoping for the best. This game is supposed to be the greatest

Overall it's a really solid MMO, with cool story, amazing dungeons and lots of content.
Especially the crafting and gathering classes can become rather complex compared to other games.
It's a themepark MMO, but the best themepark MMO that's on the market right now.
A really cool addition they made a bit ago is something called "Palace of the dead".
It's basicly a roguelike inspired dungeon. Definetly look forward to that, and preferably go in there with 3 friends.

I love WoW but quite frankly the game is just boring. Log in, do a dungeon, maybe a raid, log out. After hitting endgame content, raids and shit, WoW becomes pretty much boring and I lose interest fast. That was the problem with Warlords of Draenor, fucking Blizzard didn't release a new patch for over a year. Hopefully they don't fuck up Legion the same way. I heard FF14 releases a new patch once every 3 months. That's a very good strategy to keep players coming back for new shit. WoW should learn from them

Fucking weebs.

not everyone who plays MMOs is a fat fucking loser like that guy

True, it's only most of them being fat fucking losers. The rest are fat chicks, malnourished autists and normalfags

I still don't like weebs.

I've never played an MMO, seemed too social and too easy to get banned for unexpected and justifiable outbursts at general incompetence. That said, can anyone recommend a good video that shows the fun of an MMO, maybe one of FF14 since I've played nearly all the other titles in the series?

This right here is one of the most fun things in this game to me

thanks user.

is there a HealBot addon for FF 14?

sophia is way too easy if you ask me. now sephirot and ravana that's where the good shit is.

Also we have a dedicated thread for this shit.

Maybe.
I'd have to look it up myself.
Technically any addons are a banable offense.
That even includes addons that are supposed to show the DPS of you and your party members. The thing is, if you never publicy announce that you use such a addon you will never get reported for it, and hence never banned.
I also know for a fact that leveling bots exist.

To be honest though, I fail to see the use of a Healbot addon in this game.
As a healer you are supposed to deal damage AND heal.
So you actually want to heal as few as possible and make decisions based on the situation

Healers man. Where are my heal sluts that can take it? I need to bully them hard.

Sophia is easier, but holy shit is her theme great.
Need to see what the Demons theme is like.

Alexander still has the greatest raid theme of them all. All of him

I play on Faerie, those fuckers reported one of my niggas and got him terminated.

Tanks are faster generally. I would also hesitate to bring up wow in FF, not because people spurg out or anything, it's just generally it's been a really friendly game, up until Wow refugees started showing up. So they assume your going to throw fits over little things like a boss wipe, or start pissing contests over item levels and gear

Allow me to reiterate.

WoW had the heal sluts, so in sure some have moved to FF, but as a general rule, healsluts are a meme, and most people won't take that shit in FF. In fact it's more likely to find tanks or DPS who act as heal sluts, meaning you can bully them and such.

What I'm getting at here is the player quit party over a slap emote.

I play on Faerie aswell, and people try to report me and my niggers for "pulling hunts early" all the time.
The hugbox mentality can be really bewildering sometimes

I'm having a fucking blast playing with 8ch though, and Exodus is great.

it depends I'm rolling with like minded people and been with them for almost a year.
i mean if you want to call each other faggots then you'll probably roll with 8ch faggots.
or you browse around fcs and shit and ask if they are ok with you calling out shitters and retards.

OF COURSE Ffxiv Hugbox is not as bad as Gw2 hugbox holy shit Gw2 hugboxes are fucking insanely bad. call a mechanic retard in guild chat some retard gets offend cause they know someone that is retarded.

if anything you got to snek girls with the coming expac overall system improvements removing ps3 limitations on the game Red mage and so on

Also in FFXIV you don't just afk and heal you DPS and heal when needed. Be ready for mad if you're only healing.

There's nothing wrong with the 8ch guilds. A lot of the shit posting and drama is one ip hopping same fag dedicated to derailing the ffxiv general and it's pretty funny.
Early dungeons are mind numbingly boring and many people just pull half the dungeon at one time just for something to do, the devs seem to have hit their stride with the hard mode versions, which aren't the same as the normal modes by the way. Hard modes actually alter the dungeon layout and feature new boss line up. Ffxiv is more of a test of patience as it wants you to reach level milestones to unlock content, but once you have it it's pretty good. People talk a lot about the gcd and I get it, but once you start getting near the higher level stuff you stop noticing the length as the mechanics keep asking you to do more than just spam your rotation. They just implemented cross realm party finder and it's all erp.

The problem I have with sophia fight is that you can't zoom the camera way up so you can dodge the head whenever it spawn at the edge of the arena. Don't even get me started on Thordan, phase 3 is a cluster fuck of AoE and knockback attack that is guarantee to kill 2 or 3 peoples unless you have a pretty good healer

Games alright, if you enjoy wow you'll enjoy this. It's basically a WoW clone+ a few improvements with a final fantasy skin. Also the music is pure 10/10.

It's literally one butt hurt meme spewing faggot who's upset he got kicked who keeps starting shit in the threads. In game both FC's get along just fine, fucks sake we even share a LS between the two groups in the game.

wow shitters stay out of XIV
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Didn't this shit kill mmos? Ded community

seconded

is this the new bread?

Guys should I even bother with the Relic->Zenith weapon or should I just ignore it since I'll go for Anima when I reach HW?

Relic weapon is weeks of grinding, only go for it if you really want it for glamour

Anima is even worse grind wise though.

The MMO market needs to crash, and violently so.

I tried to get into this game last year. I had fun playing the game, but I think I'd have more fun playing with friends. I tried playing with the 8ch guild, but I was way too early in the game to actually play with any of them, and I wasn't really into any of the conversations they were having. Also they were bragging about making a streamer cry like what the fuck man

I think I might just be too introverted for this kinda thing, I dunno

True, but anima weapon is at least current content and can be used to run dungeons.
Relic weapon is really just outdated content that youd only go for if you liked the look of the weapon.

After reading his posts, he is part of the problem. ffxiv is a shit game with the biggest gear treadmill I've seen.

I might drop the game, it's too time consuming. Daily roulettes, beast tribe quests, hunts, I still have a lot of main story to go through, new dungeons, etc. I am having fun but I feel like the game is taking up too much of my time.

Why is this empty usually? pvp on this is great

I play on leviathan server and we have literal RWDS types that have made the aetherite in Limsa their home.

The Grand Company requirement and long ass queues prior to it put a lot of people off. Garo sets gave a lot of people incentive to at least try it making more people queue for it and being able to freelance between the GC's without having to change to them will shortens the queues a lot when the grind for the sets dies down. Feast 4v4 comp at least will always have a small niche for PvPers trying to get season prizes and mounts.

You are doing it wrong, you immense retard.

How do you use the faggy instagram filters they added on the patch? gpose doesn't even have a command menu what the hell

Personally I don't recommend ff14, but in that same vein I dont recommend any MMORPGs right now. They're all the damn same and ff14 may even be the worst of the lot when it comes to what they all do

That is, specifically, gear treadmills and repeating content to extend the life of said content, but it all just blurs into one big mess. By the time you get to max level you have one of three options in terms of actually playing the game to evolve/progress your character (jerking off to text therefore excluded):

A) level a new class/character to (or do this multiple times until you run out of ways to) forestall –

B) hop on the gear treadmill and run until your balls fall off and all joy is taken out of anything the game once had going for it as you repeat the same content again and again and again day after day week after week until the little trickle of piss that is a NEW PATCH comes along and all the kiddies hype its fucking tits off but then when it hits its the same shit you were doing before only with a different random grabbag of MECHANICS to avoid/mitigate/healthrough which are all recycled from previous content (see: just as an example, like 18 different bosses all using the "im going to power up for my ultimate now, better kill off all these little add things, maybe theres a lot with little hp, maybe theres a few with a lot of hp, six of one half a dozen of the other its all the same shit, but if you dont kill them my ultimate will insta kill you but if you kill them itll hit like a wet noodle!") but if you're lucky you'll get a combo you havent seen before! FF14 takes it to a new level of the 'tism though and makes their pattern go on for like 50 steps before it finally completely repeats itself… and all of this just so you can increase your gear level by a marginal amount compared to before, and so it can be outdated next patch so you can grind all over again \o/ but then oh boy theres NEW EXPANSIONS which just start the paintrain completely from scratch and all the gear you obtained is now replaced by trash you find on vendors in the newest starting zones

OR you can do C) find some menial or obscure tasks to complete… grinding rep which will largely be useless, amassing lots of in game money to spend on fuck all, becoming a crafter and cornering the market on brass dildos so that all the ERPers of the world must come to YOU for their needs.. or with ff14, waste all that time, crafting, and money, to play pretty pretty dress up princess or barbies first mansion and decorate a house with completely useless things that do absolutely nothing

The one thing ff14 HAD going for it was largely its story, which is still reasonably good, but the warriors of darkness line was just such complete and utter shit. Introduce the literal antithesis of the player character, make it seem like this huge massive threat that could unmake all your work and whose motives and origin are a mystery… then… wrap it all up in a single content patch while also making the whole thing screwy as fuck and undermining all the motivations for your character to keep doing what they're doing.. but hey, they'll keep standing there silently following orders, because its what they do

Theres no player agency in MMORPGs, no choices, you arent even really a participant in the story you're just along for the ride, like one of a dozen butlers at a fancy party sure you're there, and you're the one doing all the work, but its not like anything you say or do matters, you're just going to be told what to do and have to do it with no choice in the matter. Meanwhile theres fuck all to do in terms of actual gameplay other than get to the end of the game and grind your balls off with a power sander in the same content for months on end until the devs deem you fit to receive their next golden shower of content directly into your mouth while you praise them for their benevolence by throwing money at them

I honestly think MMORPGs have ruined much of gaming for me personally. Its created this unrealistic standard in my mind of a huge world and game time thatll run into the 300+ hour range, but at the same time I expect a single player game to have enough diversity of content to keep me doing new things until the end of the game and having fun the whole time. Very few games can even come close to this. meanwhile I end up despising any new mmorpg I even look at because I can peak down the road and see the endless streams of players all running next to each other on treadmills, occasionally taking breaks to play dressup or fight with each other, and of course the odd pair jerking each other off in the corner

Oddly enough, agency is lacking in MMO's. I don't mean story wise but actual combat. Like the fights do not feel intense. Just follow the numbers and nothing can go wrong unless there is a bug. Since there is no real-time combat but a kind of hidden turn based fights. I honestly believe that having Cooldowns kills this feeling. Use your skills till you run out of stamina/mana/health and your own fucking fault for blowing your load too early. Instead it is these pointless limits. If there is already a fucking restriction based on your mana count than why even add a fucking 2nd limit? Honestly was hoping MMO's would either branch off into Monster Hunter style combat or something like Xenoverse combat style. But no they all follow the same fucking cliche have been stuck in for decades.

Well, that's why RO still is the best MMO ever made to this date

RO is excellent but UO is a better sandbox.