NINTENDO FUCKS WIIU OWNERS

NINTENDO FUCKS WIIU OWNERS
archive.is/hFLRK
900p and more stable frame-rates on Switch?
OK, I can understand that.
But no limited/master editions for WiiU owners? Intentionally shittier environmental sounds in the WiiU version?

That's bullshit.
Even the normalfags who don't know enough about computers to understand why lower sound quality is a bullshit ploy, are going to be perplexed at why the WiiU version of the game has no limited/master edition, when it's literally just the addition of a soundtrack CD, figure, and paper map.

Other urls found in this thread:

cemu.info/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But the Wii U is dead though… you would only buy that version if there was NO POSSIBLE WAY to play the Switch…

The Switch isn't supposed to even be significantly more powerful than the Wii U, there is no good reason for this performance disparity, and that's beside the point of not including special editions for a game originally pithced as Zelda U years ago

You over estimate them greatly.

Joke's on you, Nintendo. My PC runs BotW at 4k.

This is just inexcusable for Nintendo to have a brand new system with a Zelda game (not known for incredible graphics) THAT CANT EVEN PULL 1080p 60fps
NINTENDO GET YOUR SHIT STRAIGHT

I expected 720p considering the Wii U is fucking PS3-tier but the horrible framedrops and poorer sound effects dont make sense. It also makes me wonder how long the Wii U version was finished for.

Or because you refuse to buy a Switch because of how badly Nintendo has been dicking you over lately.

Man, already hitting the benchmark for 8th-gen consoles.

This.
If the environmental sounds are really, really shitty, you may not be too happy being able to play BoTW in 4K.

You want to hear the bokkkoblins sneaking up on you? $300.

Isnt it supposed to be 1080p 60 when docked on actual release though? I read something about the demo build being really old or something.

Seriously, is Nintendo clueless or just doesn't give a fuck? The Wii U showed that people don't give a shit about stupid gimmicks and underpowered hardware, then they come out and announce another underpowered console with gimmicky motionshit

OH SHOOT IT JUST HIT ME
When this game comes out, we need to investigate the WiiU ROM and see what they did to the sound files.

If we can show proof they intentionally made the environmental sounds super-shitty in the WiiU version, we could get a lot of normalfags pissed off at Nintendo.

Not a technicalfag, but
DO IT

Doesn't the WiiU only output at 32khz?

Do you see how many nintendrones excuse the bullshit that nintendo does?
Honestly what would make a nintendrone NOT buy mario or zelda? they have no standards and will throw money in their direction with whatever Nintendo says is good for them so why care about quality when you have sheeps that provide for you.

Also their consoles have been selling at a profit and they can survive this and the next gen on wii & DS money alone apparently.

just use pc for games

I'm not surprised considering the amount of visible stuttering there is in the trailer. Still laughable though.

So this pretty much proves that the Switch is more powerful than the Wii U and there is no reason for Super Mario Odyssey to be so ugly. Mario Sunshine had better water effects.

Honestly I think for pretty much all of these games they're re-using and re-hashing WiiU software tech.
Odyssey looks similar to Super Mario 3D World in a number of ways, although it clearly features some grass tech from Breath of the Wild and textures/objects (like city buildings) not featured in 3D World.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Switch games that come out in 2018 or later start looking better than this.
Then again, many developers will probably develop mainly with the portable mode in mind, so perhaps they won't look any better than this.

I could understand 900p when it's mobile but the tablet is 720. This is a launch title and fucking zelda at that, what the shit nintendo.

Why wouldnt the wii-u version have this? Has that version really been sitting on the shelf while the switch version was being completed?

Perhaps if you didn't watch it on 720 it wouldn't look so ugly. Water looks a bit gelly, yeah.

It's a 720p screen, no games on Switch will ever display higher than 720p in undocked mode.

What the fuck.

Console will flop and the core audience that once cared for Zelda won't give a fuck.
Only people to like Zelda anymore are children, fangirls, nintendo fanboys if there's any left and a bunch of tumblr Hipsters because "lol, I'm a nerdy because I like Zelda".

Probably true, I saw the zelda symphony and it was filled with the people you described that probably only played twilight princess

I went to the one in Boston like two years back now. Great music, but yes, some people cosplayed as link for the performance. I felt like that was sort of weird.

Yes I'm aware. My main point was that I would of been ok if it was 900p in undocked mode. Nintendo announced that its a 1080p 60fps console but a day one launch game is 900p and 30fps and its fucking zelda one of their most beloved franchises.

Oh boy, it's the Microsoft Switch

Most of them only started with Twilight Princess while they also throw in Ocarina of Time talk because "That's what real fans talk about, right?"

Teenage fangirls only care because of their ships and for Link and I bet a chunk of them don't even play the games.
The adult fangirls that care for Zelda because they masturbate to Ganondorf.
Hipsters for nerd cred.
Nintendo fanboys that live on constant nostalgia.
The gaming industry that is forced to respect the franchise because of it's legacy and would rate even the mediocre games a near 10.

Can you prove it was intentional? Also, I can't see why anybody would get so angry by about 3 people getting fucked.

I've been a pretty good goy for Nintendo these last few decades, but it's clearly time to go CFW if they can't even get proper fucking sound out of the Wii U release.

It's unbelievable that consoles are still at this stage. A computer from 2004 could play games at 1600x1200.

So are faggots here going to mock the people who play the Wii U version? I remember when i posted that i was playing MGSV for free on my CFW PS3 and i got mocked by several anons, i expect the same.

It still looks like fucking horseshit

Sounded more like the Switch can do better than the 5.1 that Wii U does.

I will just wait for the final update from nintendo and then just run zelda from a sd card or external hdd. I aint paying for this shit.

I'm laughing because I know most faggots here will buy it.

They shouldn't. If anything they should mock the people playing the Switch version for being good enough goyim to buy a console at launch. A current year Nintendo console at that.

The Wii U version is still going to be superior to the Switch version.
Do you know why?
CEMU

To be fair, the game is still close to a year out.

it's mostly done user
a lot of games coming out probably are

Some anons have speculated that Nintendo is going for a slow trinkle of games to prevent the drought the WiiU had.

But, that's what they did with the Wii U. Mario 3D World looked almost done when they first showed it off, but they took almost a year to release it IIRC

Considering any semi-decent PC should have been able to run MGSV better than the PS3 did yeah, you should have been laughed at for jumping on the earliest release to avoid spoilers. I hope it was worth it seeing that ending, oh wait

protip none of that will matter with CEemu

I worked at fucking burger king user, that PS3 was a gift from 2007. Take a guess of what kinda PC i had.

The future of gay men

NINE HUNDRED PIXELS

What has that ever been not true?

Wait wait wait, the textures aren't better on Switch, but the fucking "environmental sounds are"?! No graphical improvements beyond resolution, but the audio is improved? And only "environmental sounds"? These are some weak improvements. I doubt there will really be much noticeable difference between the Wii U and Switch versions.

There's a release of the special edition that doesn't come with a copy of the game available through Nintendo's website, I think this is to cater to WiiU owners interested in all the special content, but obviously Nintendo wants you to buy the Switch release.

It was first shown in June and released in November, although Nintendo said there was a Mario title coming at the start of 2013.

Why do i get a feeling that the enviroment will be empty as fuck.

I guess our only option is to fuck Nintendo back.

NO
NO MORE DOG
POST LEWDS OF LOLI

Is this dog's face fucking melting or something

Proof or fuck off, lying Nintendrone.

Its too late to stop it now user

The Tegra X1 was announced in 2015, according to google. If you're trying to compare its power to PCs or something that isn't the way to do it.

I guess it's time to buy a PS4k

Looks like they're taking cues from Todd-san.

Fuck that. That dog is actually creative.

Please don't.
The non /furry/ design was such a good one.

because it's an open world game in 2017

What did he mean by this?

Why do i keep seeing this argument to defend the dog and your inner dogfucker? What you actually meant to say was

"Our latest most ambitious console yet"
"It cannot be compared to current year platforms"
"Its not a console"
"Its not a handheld"
"Its a piece of shit!"

The sound difference is because the Switch does not have the same custom DSP setup that the Wii/WiiU had (dedicated Macronix DSP). So normalfag faggot that is why sound it isn't a ploy. As for not having a WiiU edition with the physical shit. That is like buying a $1,000 clunker of a car and sticking new $1,500 tires and rims on it. They know there are not enough WiiU owners, that are not buying the Switch day one, to justify distributing WiiU special editions.

there are only 2 pics and in one of those she's fucking the dog m8

Embrace it

Fucking bugged sound mechanics

No

No, Loli-Ara combo is a shit ton better than just a Dog.

Resistance is futile

Its time

Fucking hell I knew it

No, it's just more creative.
The controller looks like a goofy dog and spawned a dog representation of the Switch. It's neat and has massive meme potential. Even normalfags have embraced it. I've seen Switch dog plushies in a few videos
It's even easier to draw and make content for.

And what's there to compete with that? The usual hot girl with a few (or excessive) Switch themed odds and ends on their clothing, and awkward attempts to try and represent the features of the console on them?
If your "argument" against "it's more creative" is "y-you're just a dog fucker!" then it sounds like you're the one who puts his personal fetishes before smart design.

this. i've always been a nintoddler and the switch is the first nintendo console that i absolutely do not want in any way shape or form. i'm not going to buy it until it's like $150 or gets a dedicated mainline metroid title that isn't other m tier garbage

you're lying, you want to fuck dogs

I don't want to fuck dogs.
I want to fuck THAT dog.

It's just the switch controller glued on top of imp Midna's body.

How is a console the size of a tablet STRONGER then a console 3 or 4 times as thick?

This doesn't make sense. Is it a system on a chip? How the fuck is it stronger than the wii u at all.

I don't like this. I didn't buy a wii u. I wanted one but it was too expensive.

The switch looks like garbage because it doesn't look like an actual graphical advancement. Hell I don't want graphics. I want ever game to run at 1080p 60fps it could look like a wii game and I'd be fine. It's a fucking tablet. It might as well be wii u even more portable edition.

Atleast we have CEMU. Then again I've never purchased a new Console in my life.

This shit needs to slow down stop. Maybe that's how it used to be. But we had the 360 and ps3 for nearly a decade and it's difficult to get used to.

Hell the PS3 is still getting Japanese games just like the fucking ps2 was dragged to hell in it's late life.

I just want to play a new game and experience it while everyone else is I've never had this feeling before. Beyond pokemon go and it fucking sucks. I hope by the time BOTW is out CEMU is advanced enough where it might be able to run it.

I still can't believe people defended federation farce.
Fucking normalfags.

But the CEMU version runs at 4K :^)

just admit you want to fuck it

What M&B mod?

tl;dr

I wouldn't know, I only saved the pic

Hmm the £30 Wii U version or the £300 Switch version.

Wow, tough choice.

Are you niggers for real?

What?

Nintendo fell off the wagon when it intentionally made the GameCube the system with the least powerful graphics. It was all downhill from there. They have shit on graphics for every integration of a system since then. I did buy a WiiU later on in hopes of a Zelda game, but now I get this giant shaft, never again Nintendo, never again.

The GC was less powerful than the XBOX by a longshot but still way more powerful than the PS2.

GameCube had an excellent graphics chip, on par with the XBox and far better than the PS2. It was so good, the company got bought out, and the GameCube graphics engine became the basis for ATI's new Radeon parts.

Switch uses an Nvidia Tegra system-on-a-chip with very modern ARM CPU cores and an extremely advanced and efficient Nvidia Maxwell-based GPU. It is all current – if low power – hardware, fabricated on either 14nm or 20nm process with finned transistors that allow the chip to pack more functional units in the same physical space, which improves efficiency further.

ARM CPUs are low-power, and relatively slow per-clock. They're on similar footing with the little Jaguar cores in the big consoles, but there's half as many. The Maxwell GPU in the Switch's Tegra is more efficient than the old GCN 1.1 Radeon hardware that the XB1 and PS4 use, but it only has 256 shaders, 16 texture units, and 16 render output units. Compare that to 768:48:16 of the XB1, or the 1152:72:32 of the very large GPU in the PS4, and it just can't compare. It also runs lower clock speeds to prevent from overheating; circa 733MHz.

HOWEVER, when we compare to the Wii U, it's a different story. Nintendo's little box that couldn't has an ANCIENT PowerPC-derived CPU fabricated with a 45nm feature size with planar (not finned) transistors. It has 3 CPU cores at 1.24 GHz with asymmetrical cache configurations. PowerPC is a simple CPU design and as a result it needs high clocks to work well; it does little per-clock. 1.24GHz is not a high clock.

The GPU in the Wii U would have been sort of competent if it had come out like 5 years earlier. It's based on Radeon HD 4000-series hardware, DX10 class, and it's a pretty small example of that design. It's something like an HD 4650 or so.

The Switch is faster than people think. I got a Shield Android TV as a spiff from work and I have been consistently impressed by what it is capable of. I think BotW will be impressive. Frankly I am astounded that Nintendo even got the game working on the Wii U.

i was just typing almost this exact response. the gamecube's launch game, super mario sunshine, had more impressive water graphics/physics than most games that come out now

GC was a great system. It mostly got shafted by the big box stores. It's been a race to the bottom ever since then for Nintendo though.

Not supprising, he original XBOX was basically just a PC in a plastic console box.

Now lets not get carried away.

If you're still gay and afraid of future scalpers:
Apply yourself to the nearest gas-chamber.

I wouldn't put it that way. They were competing with Intel for a solid decade. IBM still pushes the architecture for supercomputing, mostly in vain.

It's a handheld with the option of hooking it up to a TV and playing at home. This is the only way that a handheld can compete with smartphones now days.

I've heard it's just a die shrunk, multi core version of what was in the Wii, the Gamecube, and the fucking Macintosh G3 line (the PowerPC 750 series).

POWER is not closely related to PowerPC, though. I would argue that it was only due to the cohesiveness of the macOS and Apple ecosystem that the G3s and G4s were able to compete with Intel and especially (at that time) AMD.

PowerPC was the last of the true RISC and so yes, it was a relatively simple design compared to x86. Admittedly that's like saying 'not so bad compared to AIDS, cancer, and ebola at the same time.'

Anyway my point was just that the instructions-per-clock (IPC) and also operations-per-instruction were both very low in PowerPC.

Yes. Not even very shrunk either.

Literally looks like the unreal engine games I try to create with my brother.

Name one game that looked better on release day than in the pre-release trailers.

I love the idea of tons of school kids wearing t-shirts and sweaters with the Switch Dog on them, most of them probably not having a clue about it's origins.

It's what consoles run at, man. PCs just need better exclusives and I'll drop the cash in a second. Until then, I can still run Homeworld and Tachyon: The Fringe on my laptop just fine.

You mean like they've been doing for the whole life of the Wii U? What a surprise.

It's a custom tegra so we don't actually know the number of shaders, tu or ru or anything really. But people are guessing it's somewhere between the k1 and x1 tegra. Nvidia has been desperately trying to get their chips in consoles for years. So there's also rumors that they gave Nintendo a major discount on fabrication which is why they won the contract.

All this BotW stuff is also based off a demo that's probably going on five or six months old now. Can we really not just wait for the finally release to see the actual differences are selves? They didn't even mention stuff that's already blatantly obvious to anybody with eyes. What else are they leaving out?

I just hope BotW has a simlish option or dual audio. Otherwise I don't think I'll be even getting the WiiU version. Do you think it might have a French voice option because of Leafinstan or a Spanish one because of Tacoland?

NuDoom

The eyes are the joysticks so they are lopsided

cemu.info/

Faggot.

Or you'd pirate Breath of the Wild on Wii U since Wii U has piracy while the Switch won't have piracy for a long time.

This is a decent compromise.
A dog piloting the milfbot.

Switch dog is hip with normalfags now.

I've never seen a loli-milf combo.
But I've seen plenty of dogs from whatever the furfags that masturbate to animal crossing can come up with.

Cemu is shit. I dunno why faggots keep presenting Cemu as a viable emulator when it barely runs anything reliably & what it does list as "playable" has massive frame drops on even the strongest hardware.

Just buy a cheap used Wii U & pirate the game. Not free, but actually runs the games properly unlike Shitmu which will keep bleating "muh accuracy" excuse for many years to come without optimizing a damn thing.

Hey shill, its still in development.

And yet you Nintendrones will keep lapping it up. Consoles need to go, they had a purpose 15 plus years ago. Now, they're obsolete.

This sounds so familiar.

Woops just looked into it a little more. Looks like we've moved on to people debating weather it's something between the tegra x1 and p1.

handhelds are always welcome

2/10 made me reply

I hope you're not actually this retarded

Yes and? It even says on the page its highly experimental. Add the fact that it is free and a bunch of hobbyist working on it.
And by the progress they are making I see no reason to by a WiiU anymore.

Fuck you and supporting such a jew business model. Yeah, it's section off all the good games from each other so no one can play them and maybe if one piece of hardware company gets lucky enough to bribe a good dev it's system will have slightly better games than the other.

Can Bayo 2 (and Bayo 1 included with Bayo 2) work with CEMU or is it still very early days?

An apologist is apologist. And now you're making excuses for apologism. It's like meta-apologism.

Unless you want to pirate games & have them run properly because they're not going to run properly on Cemu.

it's true, though: 900p on CURRENT YEAR is inexcusable

Why are you pretending to be retarded?

Just for the record it says:-

To me this sounds like The Switch has tools like a dynamic convolution reverb. It might also be part of the hardware itself which would explain why it's not on the Wii U, hard to say at this point what the facts are. I don't dismiss this being a marketing gimmick, people have been conned into think HD audio is better to listen to than CD quality audio on Apple products as if they have supersonic hearing so bullshit like this is not unheard of.

Considering the level of shovelware shit that are the smartphone games, I'd say that having games that don't loook and play like crap should be enough.

For a platform that is less than two years old cemu is amazing.

Cemu currently is shit, apologists. It could become viable, but not for a very long time.

I'm sick of people presenting Cemu as an alternative when it isn't viable enough to be one. You are willfully wasting the time of others, convincing them to download it, only to be disappointed when it barely runs anything. And there are posters doing this for every new version when it's the same disappointment again & again. Just. Fucking. Stop.

Listen it's the fastest improving emulator I have ever seen.

I have no interest in bayonetta, so I can't answer your question.
We have a dedicated thread however

In this one case I'm fine with it because of the draw distance. At that scale the tracing is a nightmare and it eats performance like nothing else.

Get a load of this goy.

Normalshits don't care about audio quality.

Just look at Far Cry 3. Godawful sound, not a single complaint.

end yourself

kill yourself any time

WHAT IS SHADER CACHE

jesus christ, the amount of retards posting here…

I found it unironically funny.

King of Fighters XIV

Is your definition of "exclusive" strictly limited to big overmarketed AAA garbage? PC doesn't have many of those but I'd say the top 3-5 games last year were all PC exclusive.

That's why I saved it.
The fact that it applies is even more hilarious.

Fucking dustforce running at unlimited framerate counts as 100% exclusive in my book mate.

good one

Name them

Who cares? It's a 3D Zelda, it's going to be shit.

Name a console exclusive or multiplat from last year that's better than any of those.

Actually I lied, N++ is better than some of those but I still can't think of any console exclusives (N++ is on both PS4 and PC).

So indie games that any toaster can run.

Undertale

Moon Dwellers

Even worse, this is one of those cartoony Zelda's, the ones they've been churning out for almost 15 years now. They have literally no excuse as to why the system is so badly optimized except for: We wanted to make a 150$ profit on every system sold.

And there will still be people who gobble it up happily because of brand recognition.

But then you'd be missing out on fun multiplats like DD/EDF 4.1 or emulating console games so you can run them at tolerable framerates/resolutions. Also saving money by investing money you would otherwise spend on console + online fee and not supporting cancerous business practices > the one or two console exclusives this gen that you'll end up emulating in a couple years.

Haven't heard of it, I'll check it out for sure because all 4 of the games I just listed were random recommendations from people here.

Late ports and slightly better multiplats, not even touching bad business practices when Steam is the biggest source of PC gaming. None of that changes that any laptop can play all those exclusives.

Why did they even bother making a new console?

Except everything is pointing towards it being significantly more powerful.

There has only been one "cartoony" Zelda and that was Wind Waker. None of the mainline Zeldas in the last 15 years has been "cartoony".

The only thing we know for sure is that the Switch runs WiiU games. Poorly. He's not that better.

Skyward Sword

top kek

Hey guys I want to get in on the reddit screencap bait too! Hi /r/PCmasterrace!

Not cartoony in the slightest. It's not even cel shaded.

can you stop, shill?

Imagine lacking the capability to enjoy a joke.

There's enjoying a joke and then there's posting le ebin reaction images as if you've never seen that joke before.

I hadn't seen it. Fuck you.

You must be new then, since that joke has been around for years.

Sorry, I don't follow.

Are you getting paid overtime? Holy shit

added

You're acting in the same way you implicitly seem to hate, especially now that you've cited a specific subplebbit.

It's a cartoon dog based whose head is just based on the controller, with no other traits relating it to the console. It's also not related in any way to the other Console-Tans, which are basic gijinka characters.

Probably why the dog-fuckers like it.

Newfags gonna fag.

I thought it was pretty obvious, I guess you're more retarded than I thought. You nintentoddlers are so fucking dumb.

All console-tans are fucking stupid.

Eh, suit yourself. If anons want to post reaction images, that's their prerogative, just looks like you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

When is the Wii U's price going to drop?

When supply > demand

iwata fucked nintendo hard enough with gimmicks though

When's that?

this does make me wonder how BotW will run on cemu eventually

When nintendrones get a life

fug

Holla Forums Has dissapointed me yet again.

Sets it apart from the other console-tans as a result, if you ask me. Hell, fits in nicely with all the "LEL TABLET XDDDD" shitposting if it really is a simplistic and childlike design in comparison to all the other anime-girl designs.

I like this Switch-tan design best though. That loli mech is shit.

What an odd thing to want.

The retarded pupper was better

WHERE ARE THE WIIU OWNERS GETTING FUCKED BY NINTENDO?!?!?
DO YOU SEE THEM?!?!
OP IS FULL OF SHIT!

That would be CP you sick fuck

Pedophilia only applies for physical age, not mental age.

Take a seat over there, mister.

What is a bigger failure, PiiU or Xboner?

The people who supported them.

WiiU. At least Microsoft's Xbone has OK Third Party support.

is fucking a retard a crime?

Depends on the country.

very funny

it ain't forced if it's the dominating opinion.

This is fucking disgusting
>>>/furry/
>>>/fur/

lolno

You get off to this?

I dunno maybe you didn't get the implication, but I was calling Nintendo fans manchildren, as in people well above the age of majority who are still childish.

Is it still furry if it's clearly made of plastic? Those 3D renders are indeed vomit inducing.

you don't?

No, the Switch is the retarded dog. No matter how much you try, everyone has already settled on the slutty dog.

Well of course, it's the depiction of an anthrophormsomething dog

No

You're correct.

What the fuck is that on its stomach, vomit inducing

please don't stop

Is this baby's first degeneracy or something? I'm really having trouble understanding why this is so popular.

Sage and report.

Because people can't leave anything pure. I liked original switch dog, which wasn't a slut or a furry but was just a dog with a stupid face.

Repressed furfags

You realize the draw fag who popularized it here made porn of it in the first fucking comic right?

this, probably. Those drawings are absolute garbage and teh face is just ugly, but because it's vydia everyone feeels free to fap to it

someone's being tsun-tsun~

I've been hearing "on par with Xbox One" but I've yet to see any goddamned source for any of it.

It wont. Cemu doesn't run anything very well but mario kart.

OOGA BOOGA WHERE DA WHITE CONSOLES AT

Double dubs compel me

Have you seen the numbers they allocated for presales alone? Pull your head out of your ass before commenting. That said they will sell out (they already have), but that's not due to "staggered supply". Pic related is you.

It's VERY early. It can't even run Xenoblade X. Most hardware can't run it you need a specific type of hardware to run anything. The user took those pictures at night or on cloudy days because the game is still glitchy as balls and the emulator blows up the bloom to a nearly intolerable level in the day.

It's a shitty closed source emulator that faggots are fellating because it's all they got and they'll brag about anything, even a piece of shit that will more than likely die before it makes it anywhere remotely decent.

hahahaha this nigger is so right and it pisses these newfaggots off

They don't even know what a furry is, they probably don't even hate them and just pretend to fit in

hahahhahaha

Filtered

Strikes me as somewhere between stock Xbone and stock PS4 power, personally.

There were three consoles in a row where Nintendo tried competing in audiovisuals:
-SNES had sampled audio, 15-bit color, and graphics modes including background scaling and a 512x448 mode. Sega struck back with the "blast processing" campaign that gave a misleading image of Genesis and SNES being more or less equal on the numbers.

-N64 was built on a collaboration with SGI and NEC, had better numbers across the board, and unlike Saturn and PlayStation, was made from the ground up for 3D. Skipping out on CD-ROM made sense with the consecutive failures of CDTV, CD32, PC Engine CD, Sega CD, CD-i, 3DO, and Jaguar CD leading up to 1995. Skipping out on CD also allowed them to launch at $100 cheaper than PS1 and made the system more reliable by cutting out moving parts.

Third parties turned up their nose at the inability to include their jock rock soundtracks and shitty voice acting and that's how Neofags want people to remember it. Although games like Conker and Rogue Squadron looked like they belonged on contemporary PCs of the time, the competition successfully turned optical media into a wedge issue.

-Gamecube had competitive graphics, optical media to satiate trend-following investors, and launched once again $100 cheaper than the competition, but it couldn't play DVDs, and that was enough of a dealbreaker for normalfags, even though PS2 models at the time had disc drive issues and didn't even have support for widescreen TVs, while Xbox required a separately-sold remote for DVD playback to happen at all.

Nah there was a single image of it being a cute puppy first.

hot

dead on arrival. I'll enjoy my 720 zelda on the console I already own, thanks.

maybe they did but it didn't start as porn.

Also Skyrim at 720p.

Only after it had at least five games I wanted, and I could get it used for half the original price.

Why

It now looks even more retarded with tits

Yeah flat chest, thick thighs is best.

Honestly after coming off the Wii, the WiiU isn't gimmicky at all. the two screens was already proven with the DS and 3DS to work great and actually add to the gameplay. I'd say the WiiU's biggest failure was bad timing and marketing.

It's pretty obvious they were planning on competing with the Xbox360 and the PS3 rather than jumpstarting the whole next gen of consoles.

The wii U was incredibly gimicky.
The two screens on the DS works because you are always looking at the DS.

A second screen you look at by taking your eyes of the T.V. is stupid.

It's gonna be interesting.

It's Holla Forums.

But knowing Nintendo, they will probably force their own game store on PCs like Orgin or Uplay or Battlenet.
It would be funny when Mario becomes PSN download title. Final irony, considering, that Nintendo spawn Playstation in early 90s and they told Square to never return to their offices, when they told them, that they will make FF7 on it.

You fucking runt. That's a fucking custom made 3D printed SSD case system that a guy made for his PS4 to hotswap games. He also has one for GTA 5. Get the fuck out.

Interesting as in "double-teaming cocks with ouya-tan for pocketchange"?

I've got four words for you
THE
CONSOLE
WARS

You retard, the Gamecube bombed compared to the PS2 and the Wii sold like hotcakes. Video game consumers are not smart people.

Plus everyone here just pirates from Nintendo whenever they can so there's no reason for them to listen to what we want

no it isn't

the switch is going to succeed on nothing but nostalgia. just like the wii.

the wii u was an anomaly because they were stupid enough to give it the same name as the previous machine so the public didn't actually know that it was a new machine.

That's because retards like you are usually the ones in charge of game design.

The second screen should be maps and menus 99% of the time, hell, most of nintendo's gmaes used it like that. Both the Zelda games used it as a glorified menu and completely did away with a pause menu and it made the game better for it. Then there is games like xenoblade which used it spectacularly.

Only in my wildest dreams.

Of course it's going to succeed, it's a Nintendo console and handheld combined, it must print money. On the other hand, will it print money because it's a cheap FIFA machine and Nintendo fucks it up otherwise, or will it succeed because Nintendrones buy a console with NO FUCKING GAMES in droves because they thought one or two specific games coming out months after launch would be good?
It's gonna be interesting times, and I'm going to sit back and emulate Breasts of the Wild while laughing about it on Holla Forums.
Of course, if it actually crashes and burns by some miracle, that'd be rad too.

So I get to buy a $100 controller that allows me to see my inventory on a screen which is why the controller costs nearly a Hundred dollars?

And I'm the retard?
Nintendrones everyone.

There are caveats here. The PS2 was released over a year before the Gamecube and even though it was more expensive, it provided a much better value proposition – it played DVDs and was compatible with every game from the wildly successful PS1. As for the Wii, it released BEFORE PS3 and there was a massive gap in price. Early on buying a Wii and a 360 was a comparable price to just a PS3. And in the end, the Wii completely collapsed in sales while the other two consoles soldiered on. The final sales numbers are actually kind of close.

Wrong

t. increasingly nervous buyfag

The Wii U works well for what it does, but for something that never went under an SRP of $300, it needed a better build quality. Design ideas like cheap, glossy plastic and slot-loading disc drives should've been buried with Steve Jobs.

Games aside, it felt cheaply made and slapped together.

Yeah.. I don't know. The 3DS didn't do well at $250 and the Wii U had some trouble at $350, so it remains to be seen how the price point will be received after the initial launch surge. The third party situation looks grim, meaning it's a repeat of the Wii U where there's no real rush to pick up the console if you're not interested in every single Nintendo series.

There's probably some built-in user base attrition just by combining their product divisions (along with general decline in the dedicated portable market) and it isn't really clear if there is a sizable portion of that user base who was dissatisfied enough with Wii U or 3DS to not purchase the successor.

it seems to run many games well now. the only one that comes to mind that runs like shit is bayonetta.
i'm just waiting on a few more audio fixes before i play through the rest of super mario 3d world, which given the speed at which they've been working probably won't take long.

Switch games are going to be easier to run than WiiU games bro. No gamepad, lower res.

By your logic, Wii U should have been a smashing success, because it launched earlier than its competitors at a cheaper price, with backwards compatibility with the wildly successful Wii, even though it had inferior hardware just like the PS2 did.

But that's not what happened

It's been that way since N64, though. Their silver bullet will be prominent Japanese third parties, the kind that will market their games aggressively and don't hit up the manufacturer for handouts. If you come to a Nintendo device in this day and age looking for the latest Bioware RPG or Assassin's Creed game, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Can we all agree that this is furry, that Holla Forums is now openly furry and that up until now they've always been closet furry?

No, you're distorting what I said. There was no real power gap between the PS2 and the Gamecube. Yeah, GC did some things better and had the edge here or there, but not really much difference at the end-use consumer level. So it was a bad value proposition.

The Wii U was marginally more powerful than the two systems that were already out and successors were not far off. It was a bad value proposition. You would have more of a point if the PS2 had been some modest upgrade over a PS1.

No, now yiff in hell furfag

What you posted is actual furry, Switch dog is not.
I don't know if its actual fur fags trying to make everything furry or if its new faggots who haven't learned to distinguish.

Looks like furry to me.

No, it's definitely worse now. And while I agree with you about Bioware/Asscreed stuff, if the system doesn't have it you get written off by a large portion of the consumer base. More importantly, it's a given that the system won't have whatever new series takes off and becomes the next one to beaten into the ground.

I'd say the price point is probably a reflection on Nintendo accepting their niche and moving to milk their diehards shamelessly. They expect a lower install base and will make sure they profit accordingly.

user switch bitch is furry as fuck.

If you haven't figured out what furry and whats not then you have been blessed to not experience a lot of furry art.

Its really not.

Enlighten me.

Why do furfags always derail threads and make them about themselves?

Ok, honest question then, why is switch dog not furry?

histrionic personality disorder.

Well let's look at the furry art already posted.
You have two fur faggots colluding in faggotry.

Now other then the snout, the "fur" (which is really just colored skin), ears, you have two normal human faggots.

Same human anatomy, same human hair, same human facial expressions, same human skin (just colored its even fucking shiny for some reason)

Furry art is highly anthropomorphic animals, that are essentially people with light animal characteristics.

The Nintendo dog, is anatomically different, has a fucked up face, has a tail to fit being a dog and that's it.
The fact the switch dog has an eye lower then the other removes any possibility of it being furry because above all things furrys take themself WAAAAYYYY to serious and would never tolerate the smallest imperfection with their "fursona"

Distinctions are important, its what separates pony fags from fur fags and allows us to discriminate against both in more effective ways.

You're right about the wii, but I'm almost sure the normalfags won't go for the switch in such massive numbers this time

Fucking nailed it.

Preorders are already sold out.

user.

It is literally an anthropomorphic dog.

It's furry.

We'll see where it's at heading into Christmas.

Oh, so you're in the "feminine penis" stage of denial mindset. Got it.

Okay, but I think you're in denial. Just go on facebook and look at the reaction to it. People are going nuts, it's honestly pretty sad.

Then werewolves are then furry, khajit is furry, every beast species in a game is furry and playing them is supporting fur faggotry.
Neko girls possessing ears and actions of a cat is fur faggotry.
Demon girls are also fur faggotry because they possess wings of a bat.

Oh so you're also one of the newfaggots that thinks traps are gay.
Did you learn about 8ch from Law and Order or did you find us from all the facebook memes and links other newfaggots are seeping into the mainstream?

The guy who made most of the first porn drawings posted here is a furfag, check his tumblr

nigga you dumb.

These are the same people who went nuts over a water bottle being flipped.

Considering Nintendo's stock fell during the reveal a lot of that could be limited production for guaranteed sell out or paid for commentators.

The makes it questionable but doesn't change that its not furfaggotry.
Anyway I've seen people claim so and so is someone but in reality they are not so I would need some sources cited as well.

Denial about what? I haven't drawn any hard conclusions.

Is this a dig at the consoles library? Last I checked it only ran mario kart at an even acceptable FPS and it still suffered from texture glitches and it only ran that because the Cemu devs are working on specific-to-one-game fixes.

They're not lower resolution though. I mean, have you even read the OP?
Why are all emu-fags retarded?

Please be baiting.

Something I learned a long time ago: People like to overreact especially if people seem to be generally excited about something. The WiiU had the same "People are EXCITED!" deal with the WiiU but in the end that didn't matter and the sales dropped off from mild hype to dead in a little under 2 years.

Faggots who want to fuck something that resembles an animal.The difference between that and bestiality is the fact that it's mostly infuatation with fiction instead of reality as well as the fact the "humanity" factor.

You're essentially attracted to the furry equivalent of Midna without any personality to latch on to.

It's furshit user,you should have understood that the moment lewds of the dog came into existance.

There's also the fact that shit like catgirls or demonesses have little to no actual animallistic features.Werewolves and Khajits are furshit depending on how much the contents sexualize them.Werewolves are also often treated as a monster rather than something you fuck,furfag-in-denial.

Yes, idiot. Anthropomorphic animals are furry. This isn't a difficult concept.

Those are not anthropomorphic animals. You're obfuscating.

My bad, I thought you were the user who said:
Now I can see you're not.

Tin foil isn't becoming on you user. Not everything is a grand conspiracy. I personally know people reacting to the Switch like it's a big deal and none of them are on nintendo's payroll. Why is it so hard to believe people are reacting big to a new nintendo system that is being hyped up on main-stream-media? A little Occam's Razor here please.

The Wii U advertised like shit. And no, it quite literally didn't have the same people excited and I say that from first hand seeing people who didn't give a shit about the Wii U going nuts about the Switch on my facebook wall. Are people overreacting? Absolutely. Will that slowdown the launch day sales? Absolutely not. I'm not talking about the system long term, because no one can really know what the system is going to do long term without just pulling random guesses out of their ass. All I'm saying is this thing is going to have a big launch, much bigger than the Wii Us, maybe on par with the Wii if they can keep hyping it on shit like Jimmy Fagon.

No they want to different then people but at the same time are biologically attracted to people.
What aspects of a fur are animalistic?
You only have an odd shaped dick, ears and a snout thats fucking it.

There is a reason almost every furry is an ugly shit.
They view themselves as idolized humans but add the fur because without it, it would be them admitting that they are ugly shits that want to look better.

I am so tired of Holla Forums bringing you try hard new faggots.
If you had any understanding of board culture you would know that even suggesting traps are gay is revealing yourself.

TRAPS ARE GAY, THATS THE FUCKING JOKE YOU NEWFAGGOTS ARE SO FUCKING BEYOND HELP YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING HUMOR OF THIS BOARD BUT THEN WONDER WHY THIS PLACE BECOMES MORE SHIT AND LESS FUNNY YOU ARE THE FUCKING PROBLEM

Why is always the nintendo thread that has this rampant numbers of retards spewing bullshit everywhere about shit they don't really know nothing about?
You guys are making undertale threads not seem as bad, how can you people live with yourselves like that?

Good to know you're a furry then because I guarantee you've played a game with one of those.

I like how you skirt around the part where I mention that that facebook got excited about flipping bottles.

Facebook is a site where people to react to things, saying people are reacting to a product made by a company with major bran recognition doesn't mean jack.

What is up with Nintendrones coming to a thread and bitching when its a really transparent act to try to get any discussion of the Switch squashed unless of course its positive, then its Grade A discussion!

I bet the Holla Forumsacks did this

I like how you skirt around my statement about Occam's Razor. But keep implying my friends are just paid corporate shills and not normal people, I'm sure you know them better than I do.

Thinking that this

is reddit formatting.

When

This

Is

Reddit

Formatting

Know the difference it could save your life.

The cucks on 4chaim managed to do more then those newfriends.

all this butthurt.

Oh wow, it's so different. I see what you mean now!!!!!!! No, seriously, you have to go back.

Don't forget to sage to downvote, remember sage goes in all fields!

Where did I say this?
Your point was that facebook likes it, my point is facebook likes everything.

You don't really sound above being in denial,you're denying furfaggotry despite posting furry porn non-stop so you being a faggot in denial doesn't sound out of the picture either,furfag.

Yeah thanks buddy, now do this board a favor, stop posting, lurk and learn about this board before you start to post.
I would guess you've got only a year under your belt.

is there any form of bait you won't employ?

We have ID's here newfag, show me were I posted furry porn.
Top kek

Once I realized he was that furfag I stopped taking his opinion in any way serious.

That's not an argument, bud.

Okay, so all shit flinging aside,

What are the long term prospects of the Switch being opened up for modding like the wii was?

And what do you think is the likely hood of the previous generations of games getting re-releases/remasters/digital releases?

I've skipped over both the wii and wii-u and have considered either waiting for the switch to drop in price if it looks like some of the older stuff I wanted will be ported up for it, or buying the two old ones.

The issue I have with purchasing the older ones is I live in the middle of bum-fuck-leaf-land and my access to physical copies of the older stuff is down to my willingness to drive for 4 hours to civilization.

tl:dr - is there anything in the last 2 generations that are a MUST PLAY that likely won't be re-made for the switch?

correct. it was a question.

Newfags really are the gift that wont fucking go away.

Another one down.
Fucking wew, its only a month or two old when did you get here?

Nice attempt to defelect, you still post like you're from reddit, and on top of that you're an attention whore furfag. If I had to guess I'd say this is your first day on the board, and again: You have to go back.

molyneux is not a meme and never will be.

Doubtful, all consoles especially Japanese have been pushing against tampering of any kind with consoles.

Isn't that almost every Nintendo game :^)?

Get a PC and emulate

Move to a better country

I'm still not gonna get one, unless they unfuck metroid, which as we all know, will never happen

You must be pretty upset to make a spelling mistake like that.
All of this because you failed to check ID's.

Still waiting on that furry porn I supposedly posted.

ITT: Massively insecure furfag autist pretends that masturbating to furry is not furry.

Yo dude, where is that furry porn you claim I posted?

Mental checkmate

Fine,correction:
Like it makes that much of a difference,you're still in denial and still won't consider desire to fuck a dog with anthropomorphic features "furry".

If you wore it like a badge of honor or went with the flow no one would give a shit,instead you had to sperged out like a cocksucker and tried to internally theorize that you're not a furfag for expressing desire to fuck a fictional dog that can talk.

nigga were did i say you posted furry i said you masturbated to it you newfag.

I know they try, but have they been getting more effective? I remember my DS was able to be tampered with fairly straight-forwardly.
For the nintendo flagship ones sure, but I like the strange esoteric games as well, and SRPG's. Quite a few of the games that I like in the PS3/4 era got rereleased on the vita as an example, is that a trend common in the nintendo environment? or do they not have as many republishes?
Yeah I do most of my gaming on the PC/with emulation, but that's mostly a solo experience, and sometimes I like to vidya with friends. or just not in my office.

This is you agreeing with the nigga claiming I posted it.

This is a qoute from the nigga denying he claimed I posted furry shit.

Its more then that, its also making several comments back to back.
But we have autocorrect which easily identifies misspelled words, when someone makes a fuck up that clearly, they are in a rush to make a post, which is usually indicative of being mad.

Which is further proven by the pointed out rapid posting and all your images trying to suggest you are not the one mad.
Is this your first month here?

I'm just trying to help you newfaggots acclimate, its hard you know?
I try to help you faggots but instead of learning you just double down and expose yourself further.

Agreeing that you're a retarded furfag. No where in there did I say "he totally posted furry porn" you paranoid retard. But typical furfag: everything's gotta be about you.

Also:

This
Also teasing this homo furfag is getting pathetic.
t.Holla Forums

Well with all your multi posting your going to catch up to me soon, but I'm guessing when that happens you will switch gears

More like you're getting upset.

(28)-9=(19)

This thread is about Nintendo thoroughly fucking over their most loyal fans (anyone who actually purchased a Wii U), not about fucking game consoles turned into animals

(20)

No pretty sure its about the switch dog

You have to go back.

I wonder if I take "fuck" out of the title next time it'll keep the furfags away. It won't.

Wew lad.

Why are you surprised, half the reason people like the dog is because it triggers the think skinned new fags AND the weebs who just want another Console-tan to jack off too and argue which is best.

PS2 couldn't even run Tales of Symphonia without halving the framerate and downgrading other areas, as just one example

Also:

And I had just forgotten that all the new tales games suck. Damn you user.
or at least I remember Abyss being filled with whinney annoying people, and then there was the one where you a pugilist/brawler with white hair.

Okay, want me to stop shitposting you? All you had to do was beg "no bully". Seriously though: what exactly am I supposed to be mad about?

Double down on what,your obvious affection for sexualized content concerning anthromorphisized animals?
I don't think like I have anything in my folder smug enough for this shit.
Will still try however.

Pretty sure he quoted me there,reading comprehension is not a furfag's strong point.

W101 didn't sell that well,Bayo 2 sounds unlikely and Blyatborn is PS4 exclusive,Splatoon will be turned irrelevant by it's sequel,Neintendo land is a good game to play with friends,Dong Freeze will probably stay on the console.Most of the big Wii hitters can be gotten online and will probably not be ported to the switch,so less known shit like Madworld will be worth buying.
3DS doesn't have any reason to port it's games to the switch,it had a healthy and successful life with a few of games worth getting here and there.Also dual screen shit.

Read this post if you care about merch that much.

Being exposed of course, its okay buddy just treat this like a learning experience.
You can assimilate and learn but its going to take a while.

Why would you be smug when you failed to properly check ID's?

Okay.

You got bad taste as well.

also:
You did it lad, You're 10% of the thread.

Because you're still a furfag in denial,regardless if you posted the porn or not?
I admit I made a mistake and corrected it but you fail to notice that it changes nothin in the point that:
You're a furfag and that you were in denial.

After that you went maximum damage control with it all being a "ruse for the newfags to be exposed and learn on an imageboard with resetable IDs",any and all insistance on that statement/"fact" makes it even more of a flimsy lie.

I don't think there's anything to NOT be smug about this whole affair,do you?

And you're 8%

Because I disagree with you.
Weren't you saying traps were gay?
tl;dr the rest

MASTERMIND

Glad you admit it.

Yep newfaggots who don't understand how the system works.

I should have been saging the whole time.

It's just a die-shrunk Tegra X1, I assure you. Pascal has the same or worse per-clock performance compared to Maxwell and Denver is hot garbage with no software support so there's no real reason to update the chip. It's the same four ARM cores and half-GPC Maxwell GPU as in the NSATV.

Also, NVIDIA doesn't own fabs, so they can't give anyone a discount on fabrication. NVIDIA has stated repeatedly they don't want anything to do with the console market after the huge debacle (legal battle) that was the original Xbox. It's frankly quite a surprise that they are even agreeing to supply chips for Nintendo.

NV is making its money in the HPC market. GeForce sales account for less than a quarter of the company's earnings now because it's all TESLA TESLA TESLA DEEP LEARNING AI shilling. Tegras have always been a giant money hole for the green team. Maybe they are doing this thing with Nintendo so the Tegra team can stop being such a goddamn money sink.

The choice of the Tegra X1 for a tablet is really weird. I suppose going from 28nm planar to 14-~16nm finfets means a ~2.4x power savings but even then we're looking at a 10W chip when you fully load it. It's gonna be pretty slow in tablet mode. I dunno. I feel like it's going to be too power thirsty in tablet mode and too slow in console mode. It's a weird compromise for a weird design choice.

It's difficult to say what they should have done. Maybe the Tegra really is the best choice. Nobody else outside of NV, AMD, and PowerVR have graphics drivers that are worth a shit anywhere but Windows and PVR's are only really good on iOS. Maybe a semi-custom AMD chip with a couple of 14nm Ryzen cores (2C/4T) and a little Polaris-family Radeon in the tablet, and then an e-GPU-style fat Radeon in the dock. It wouldn't even have to be that big; like a fully-enabled Polaris 11 chip with the full 1024 SPs should shit all over an Xbone. Could do general compute (async) on the built-in (IGP) Radeon too. Then again, Ryzen might be shit in terms of power efficiency; we really don't know. I think its origins as a Jaguar-family part mean it will be efficient enough though.

Which is my point, because you are using sage as a downvote but I'm sure you fail to see the problem with that.

Wew, lad.

I think that says all that needs to be said about where you come from furfag.

Saging after you bumped a thread multiple times and when the thread is already auto-saging because its past bump limits is the epitome of

Also still doesn't change the fact that you saging as a downvote, then forgot your sage and now are saging a thread that isn't getting bumped regardless.
Sad!
See pic

I hope this was a lesson to you today, newfag.

Isn't it enough if I just fuck switchie?