Changing a character backstory or retconing cause of voice actor

Has any other character in a game backstory been change because of a voice actor besides MW2? In concept art & early trailers Ghost was clearly was planned to be a Navy seal from Texas. But Activision wanted to recycle the VA for Gaz because he was still under contract. So infinityward in the last minute change Ghost from a seal to SAS. Ghost origin of being captured and tortured by the Mexican cartel make sure more sense when you realized he was originally wasn't intended to be British. callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Simon_"Ghost"_Riley

callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Gaz

Are you legit underage?

No. I'm a Senior in high school. I grow up playing the Xbox 360 and with call of duty.

Get the fuck out you faggot.

Hey this is gaming board buddy!

What the fuck is with the COD community's obsession with Ghost? I remember prior to MW2, everyone was sperging out about him being an awesome character. Was it only because of his edgy mask?

Yes it was the mask.

He the Boba fett of call of duty. If not of video games in general.

Yes.

Yes

TELL ME ABOUT THE GHOST

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

Only because of the mask and the fact he wears a sweater.

I actually like Gaz from the previous game better. He's named after my waifu.

Zato's VA died, so they decided that his character got completely taken over by whatever parasite he had in him and now only the parasite (Eddie) can speak for him

Ghost?
That does actually make more sense though, neato

Namingway no longer names people in the DS remake of FF4 because of the voice acting.

Voice acting was a mistake.

at least they axed in the next remake.

Dubs

DOPPEL

Nein

This still bothers the fuck out of me.

Nobody cares

Fuck off

Noone cared who he was untill he put on the mask

I miss the old "lurk moar post less faggot" days.

OP is a faggot. But also Keira was made a very minor character in Jak 3 because the voice actor left, and Ashelin was made the female lead and love interest instead, despite clearly having another love interest in Jak II who was still in the game. I guess they saw that this didn't work at all because Keira has a much bigger role in Jak X and The Lost Frontier.

OF CORUSH

Oh God, no wonder you faggots have shit taste for vidya.

Not changing the backstory entirely, but Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3) was meant to be named "Helen"; the production changed her name and picked Heather after Heather Morris, the voice actress.

How much were you people paid to shill COD?
How does one find a job doing this, or is this entirely for free?

the true face of Holla Forums reviled at last.

What the fuck is with the Holla Forums community's obsession with Bane? I remember prior to The Dark Knight Rises, everyone was sperging out about him being an awesome character. Was it only because of his edgy mask?

Of course! No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Kojima did this to Hayter.

Because his a greedy fuck that refused to share the spotlight with anyone. Glad Konami kicked his ass to the curb.

Lad…

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

LIKE POTTERY

GOD DAMN OP

KILL YOURSELF

I remember that too. Literally all I remember about him is that he gets burned to death.

it's not the same, Bane didn't exist in the movies without a mask. In call of duty you see that guy without a mask, nobody gives a shit about him. He puts on his masks, he is still a pretty irrelevant character and when he dies suddenly everybody is sad about it.

I know that you are just trying to make a joke here, but it's a pretty shit one to be honest.

this is now a dubs thread
CHECK'EM