ITT: Sequels never ever

ITT: Sequels never ever

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TF6UhHHoyYc?t=685
youtu.be/g4IcvDtTUl0?t=828
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Damn it, I didn't want to be reminded of this. Why the fuck did they troll everyone like that with all the hype reveal?

STOP MAKING THE SAME FUCKING THREAD EVERY FEW DAYS, FUCK YOU AND YOUR SHIT WEEB RPG

I think Square just expects people everywhere to be enthusiastic about dropping ridiculous (for the medium) amounts on phone games, or that they can get phone ports as popular here as in Japan.

It's better that we won't get a sequel to Alpha Protocol considering Avellone left Obsidian and the company has become Bioware wannabes.

Do you think the Switch would be good for this game if it got a sequel? With it being portable and all.

Pac-Man world 2 did get a sequel though.

Pac Man World 2 got a sequel
Daytona USA just had a new game shown off
Wario Land: Shake it exists no matter how much you don't like it

Aren't there like 10 of them already?

Arcades only so far.
Wario Land 6 then.

A real one, goddammit.

You're thinking of Cuckdom hearts

Isn't it the same franchise along with that shitty beat-em-up? They all look like the same shit with different gimmick.

: (

Not every game with characters designed by one guy is part of the same franchise. And no, TWEWY is nothing like KH.

Well gameplay videos sure look like KH in 2D, but I won't argue.
I think KH2 has fantastic combat system

Someone post it.

They're not related, neither is The Bouncer.

And that's bad how?

K, I get it, this thread was made to shill for your weebtrash.

But here's an actual entry:

For what reason.

Is sneak king genuinely a good game, or is it just a meme?

In case it sold well enough to warrant a sequel for mobile only?

A game you were gifted when you bought a burger with large fries
Can be completed in 1 hour, it's a decent game with lots of charm but it's no world destroyer
For a buck or 2 it's a good game, and a decent challenge if you want to 100% it
Certainly a stealth fan must-have, it could've been an actual great game if a sequel was funded with double the budget

Forever and ever never.

Be careful what you wish for, user. One of my favorite series is finally making a return as mobileshit, as if Sony is saying one of their own franchise has no place on their systems anymore, and can get a new, more lucrative playerbase amongst phone gamers instead.

While I really want a new GF, I have no illusions that Capcom wont make it shit, and do pay2borg dlc and shit.

What's worse is this game screams for a proper sequel.

Because it was brought up in this thread, this is your annual reminder that Pac-Man World 3 is absolute dogshit and nothing at all like the first two games.

I want a new GF too, but I still my slut of an ex and it's almost been two years and she was the only person I actually deeply truly loved in 24 years of life and we knew each other since forever since like 2005 and she was fucking perfect
so I fear I won't be able to feel such insane feelings for anyone ever anymore
so i am not sure if my relationship should get a sequel or not but it doesn't matter because it won't ever and even if it will the sequel just won't feel the same, more like a hollow husk of the original game

Was Gotcha Force by an internal Capcom dev team, or were they just the publisher for it? Though, I suppose either way, Capcom would have their say in how it was handled.

Truly DLC is a massive cancer upon this industry, both east and west. I expect that, had they been able to get away with having an internal storefront with internet, consoles and handhelds would have started on that long before they did.

Have a mech.

Internal. However a lot of the dev team, including the lead designer Atsushi Tomita, left Capcom and went to Namco to make the Gundam Extreme games, which is basically just Gotcha Force : Gundam Edition, even reusing a bunch of stuff like the points system and the victory camera.
(Zooming in on the final KO, the KO'd character exploding, then zooming in on the character who dealt the final blow. Then the player's character does a victory pose while the after-battle stats displayed.)

It's for the best really. I can this as Mobile shit.

Just for fun, heres a comparison of the victory cameras.

Gundam Extreme:
youtu.be/TF6UhHHoyYc?t=685

Gotcha Force:
youtu.be/g4IcvDtTUl0?t=828

That's neat, at least for fans of both to make the connection between them. Is most of the dev team still at Namco? If so, I suppose that if Capcom was to make a new Gotcha Force, it wouldn't even be by the same developers.

I still need to play it myself sometime. Unfortunately for me since I like having actual copies where feasible, it's expensive as shit (Japan sees a reprint but not the west?), and I still need to set up a drive to run Gamecube and Wii games off of via loader.

More like

Isn't Kingdom Hearts on GBA is more of a TWEWY game than actual KH one?
Play that.

shit game

Its a shame since the second one was so good and completely different from the first game. They should've renamed it something else so no one would've known the series started from a shitty game.

Yeah I mean mobile games are HUGE in Asia and bigger than consoles but it is just not going to happen in the West.

Thank god for that.

My nigga. I still pop that bitch into my Sega every now and then. Its timeless. A sequel would be amazing.

Thank God.

Its a damn shame D4 Season 2 will never happen, but at least the dev set up a new game studio and is back to working.

DN3D got Forever as a sequel and many re-releases, Postal got P2, and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 exists :^) Its sad that Forever's development was mismanaged as all hell and Duke Nukem's license has been up in the air so much, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 5 was the definition of a cheap cash grab with the game conviniently coming out before Acti lost the rights, Red Steel 2 never will get a follow up despite being better than the new Shadow Warrior, and Postal 1's storyline never got a follow up with how vague that ending was. But hey at least we got Postal 2 and some of Duke 3D's rereleases were good.

Eh, not really. Chain of Memories lets you go full autismo with your deck and setting up natural sleights, while TWEWY gives you 6 slots for attacks/magic/consumables. Combat plays out differently in both since CoM has an actual jump button and TWEWY has some rhythm/Simon Says elements due to the light puck.

They were both very experimental games

It's too early to say that. The game didn't sell particularly well, but those who bought it were pretty vocal about the fact they liked it, so we might see a Wonderful 102.

Then again, the Switch doesn't have touch controls, so they might handle things a bit differently.

I'm giving up hope.

Cancer that helped kill the industry. New good games are needed. Not endless rehashes.

b-but m-muh fantasy based on steampunk

thanks disney

At the absolute most we might end up getting something for the switch, they already confirmed that SoS is going to be on it. And they did release that 3DS theme semi recently in Japan. I wouldn't really count on it though. Worst part is there really isn't anything good that's similar to fill the void. Story of Seasons just doesn't cut it.

Well, I really liked it

Such a shame, TWEWY is the kind of game that could only work on a handheld and alas, handheld gaming is pretty-much flatlined and mobile gaming is for fucking stupid normy faggots and no one else.

Chrono Cross was a real sequel, and a damn good one I might add.

Definitely for the best. Rare and Microsoft's infamous PR incidents with Conker prove that they're thoroughly incapable of ever being able to do it justice.

Bums me out that LoK ended, but considering how things were going to turn out with the reboot/sequel, it's probably for the best.

;_;

Let your favorite games rest, dont defile their graves. Specially
Radiant historia, I dont want to see Aht grow up

Such a pity, this game (along with the lore, characters and universe it took place in) deserves much more than just the one prelude. Simply incredible how Square never did anything with this IP over the past 17 years.

But now, I don't want them to anymore (as they'll probably butcher it 3rd Birthday style to 'streamline the gameplay for the modern gamer', or make it mobile only with episodic content and in-game DLC where you pay money for forging materials). What a waste.

He'll be stuck up there forever

that one hurts more than you know

Good, I don't want inafune touching anything anymore. Just get Crapcom to port EX Troopers to Vita where it belongs and call it a day.

I'm really enjoying this game, just working through the reports now. Where's the best place to farm Orichalcum and Dark Matter?

He's back, user. Just announced it yesterday, along with a new company to boot.
There's hope.

YOU GAIN BALLS

Scarface was great. I get that expanding the universe was probably not viable, but the fact over a decade on we still haven't gotten a game where you run a drug cartel is fucking retarded.

Cosmic Smash 2 with multiplayer never EVER.

The only reason I didn't say that game is because what happened to Disaster Report 4 will most likely happen to Steambot Chronicles 2, so I'm staying cautiously optimistic.