Tokyo Mirage Sessions
Censored

Fire Emblem Fates/Awakening
Censored

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Censored

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
Censored

Even third party titles like Bravely Default are being censored, and "safe" titles like Pokémon and Zelda are still being rung through what would be considered the lowest of 90's localization.

So, to get to the inevitable point: don't buy the system. Or, if you really need to, buy ONLY an imported version of the game. I don't particularly approve of how Nintendo (Specifically, NoA) still treats their consumer base like their a bunch of kids, or that an artist's vision has to be butchered to be sold (Which I'm surprised no one finds at all offensive). And, the reason I wanted to get up on this soapbox is because I wanted to inform others about this happening, and encourage others to do the same and no longer buy Nintendo's products until they clean up their act.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-iii-also-sprach-zarathustra
twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/819827154909360128
archive.is/LXTa3
mega.nz/#!utMGxLCY!yOvbFXm4udTR1ZUukPV4gEbZMQTFH7J1ayD2mUP22No
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wwwwwwwwwwwww

get out

The good part about this is you can now buy Xenoblade 2 and any other game put on the Switch from other regions. If NoA fucks up you can buy and play the NoE version

Yeah, thank you, this is news to everyone

Where's the pedo stuff in the Fire Emblem games (Excluding Nowi)?

It's not just that, NO ONE from Nintendo Japan tells them to stop pulling this shit (Which I find even worse).

Nintendo is disappointing enough all by itself.

Combine it with NoA and I actively want them to fail.

They don't give a shit. Why should you?

I'd rather get the NoE localization anyhow after Xenoblade Chronicles being delightfully British throughout the whole thing. Hell, the "oi it's seven bong" localization made it unique.

Because I actually want to play the game the developer produced, not some butchered, half-assed title that someone else claims is the developers intended game.

Also, to those laughing and shitposting, what makes you think I don't know Japanese?

Every time

With Xeno X I still had fun with it though, the same probably wont be said for something like TMS.

Nintendo has been a censorship apologist since their entrance in the vidya ring, they won't change.

If you're going that route buy the Japanese version of the switch too. Just in case they decide to region lock individual games.

Depends on who's handling the western localization. But yes, I am fully expecting it to get censored or memed myself.

Problem: A lot of games that see worldwide release tend to just borrow the NA English script if they come to PAL. Unless NoE themselves in handling it (and even then I have my doubts in them, considering I hear they since blacked a lot of characters in that style savvy game for the 3DS), chances are a PAL release would just have the same English script as NA, albeit maybe with some spellings tweaked to their Euro-English counterparts (Color to colour, etc).

It's worth considering that the only reason XC Wii had NoE handling the game is because they still saw the potential for a local market while NoA themselves didn't want anything to do with it until NA customers had begged and pleaded. Had they seen fit to bring it to NA at the same time PAL did, I expect it would have been the opposite situation (NoA handles the English version, NoE borrows it).

Wouldn't surprise me if noJ either isn't aware of it or is perfectly fine with it, depending on how much NoA actually tells them. Obviously they keep giving permission for stuff to come overseas, but I'd figure that NoA is telling them bullshit that these localization induced changes HAVE to be done because "western sensibilities can't handle it" or something, either to get more shekels from the localization process, or because NoA/Treehouse themselves hates "icky" content in games. Doesn't help that western vidya "journos" are really prone to throwing a shitfit over games not being "PC" enough, too sexual, etc.

SJWs confirmed worse than religious fundies.

They did.

One of the thing you should know about the Nintendo Treehouse's localization process is that they are paid base on how many edits or changes they make to a game, and nothing else. So, the Treehouse ends up completely changing as much as they can get away with because, otherwise, they don't get paid. One prime example of this is the plot hole that exists in the Western version of Twilight Princess. That isn't present in the Eastern version.

If anything, it shows that NoA needs a major restructuring.

Cuz yer a faggit

But you can do that by just learning Japanese. You sound like you don't know Japanese, otherwise this thread wouldn't exist.
I understand you, OP. You want it to change, but it really won't. This isn't something new. Everyone who remotely likes video games know this, and that people either settle for it, wait for fan translations and homebrew or just fucking learn Japanese.

The funniest part about the zipper panties in TMS is, the actual Japanese model in-game doesn't look like that either. It's still full-black pants.

I haven't played XCX but it looked like a drag. TMS isn't that bad with the uncensorship patch.

Characters getting BLACKED I don't fucking get. I see a(n extrememly shit) argument for covering anime titties. I don't see any justification for changing the race of a character. Do these retards actually think that diversity like this is somehow sacred to American cultures and that's what we need when they "localize"?

Thinking I give a fuck when it's region free now.

Yeah, but as long as they keep bringing in money, I suspect NoJ is sadly fine with them, letting them censor and change shit. And while there's certainly people like us here that have taken issue with that, the average western Nintendo customer probably doesn't give enough of a shit to boycott over how they're treating the games they bring west, and western "journos" are more likely to praise localization companies for making their games less "gross" than take issue with censorship (though if memory serves, even those shitheads thought that NISA went too far in the sheer amount of censorship in Criminal Girls, but I might be remembering wrong).

Reminds me, which change was that one? Been a while since I last played it.

From what I remember (I might be wrong), in regards to Style Savvy, that was for an EU release (not sure if it saw a NA release; I don't have a 3DS), and the game already had a few characters of darker color (not nignogged, but darker than standard) in the Japanese version, but that apparently wasn't deemed good enough, so they had the further black the cast and name them shit like "Arabella", as if rapefugees would be playing that and get offended by a lack of "diversity".

Is it bad that I actually prefer the change for Edea from bikini to spats? Spats are superior, after all.

Of course, censorship forced Sega out of the market and let nintendo get away with as much garbage as they do. It's just depressing to see this many drones on Holla Forums doing it for free.

Good luck with those PC-98 games and that ancient shit posting.

They changed the top 2. The spats would be nice if the top was more like a bikini.

Sega left the console business as a result of the higher-ups in Japan being jealous over the American division "Showing them how it's done" during the Genesis era.

u wot

ssjgt, nnie-ren.

Abdo, plebeia stercore

At least I get to emulate undubbed and uncensored Xenosaga.

Well with any luck Nintendo learned their lesson with using 8-4 after the flop that was XC:X, and it seems that they aren't using Sawano this time around for the soundtrack (thank god). And at least it seems Monolith have finally learned how to draw faces (even if it did mean the artsyle is even more like an anime than the previous two games). And yeah, worst comes to worst there's nothing stopping us from just importing the Japanese version (here's hoping most Switch games end up with an English option even in Japan, Nintendo seem to have been doing that lately with 3DS games now and then).

I'm cautiously optimistic this time around.

Apparently it's being localized by the EU team anyway so you can enjoy your english version if this is the case but I still don't care what you end up with.

The Genesis soared in the West while it bombed in the East. That made the people in charge of Sega of Japan very sour because SoA was looked at as the favorite child from then on. When development of the Saturn began, SoJ opted for using their own "unique" architecture and setup that ended up being a souped up 16-bit system (IOW, designed as a 2D system, not a 3D system). This was firing off warning lights left and right for SoA because they knew very, very few outside of Asia were ever going to use such an obscure computer architecture. To compensate for the problem, they suggested using what went on to be the N64's processor, and even tried to have the entire project scrapped in favor of turning the PlayStation into a Sega console. But, things still went through, and SoJ sealed their fate by demanding for the announcement that the console was available that very day of the presentation.

When development of the Dreamcast began, Sega finally pulled all their shit, and they released a damn fine system. The only problem was that the company was in financial troubles, and the thunderous release of the PS2 was the final blow. Also, it didn't help matters that Sega's president died not long after.

So, to summarize it, Sega is the prime example of what happens when there is a disconnection between your Western and Eastern divisions.

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WEEB GARBAGE
sage

だろう?wwwwwwwwwww

What I don't get is why the fuck SoA refused to even market the Saturn since that was their lifeline and ultimately what fucked them over. If they had made enough money with it, we might have seen the Dreamcast have an even stronger presence despite a majority of devs flocking to the PS2 with Sony paying them and promising all this power.

Nostalgiafag manchildren with hope for kike companies should be gassed to be honest.

Mind tossing the patched game file for Xenosaga Episode III onto mega or vola? Stuck with a toaster (I can play it via IDE with my PS2, though), and looking online all I can find prepatched is an undub that no one notes as being uncensored as well.

lol nintendo.

I haven't bought anything nintendo related after GBA and gamecube era was over. That's like over a decade ago.

But the top resembles a sports bra now; sports bras and spats pair well together.

They did. Bernie Stolar marketed the shit the out of it, but it wasn't enough. Retailers felt very much betrayed due to the sudden release, developers didn't want to make a game for such a difficult system compared to the original PlayStation and N64, and they had a six month drought of release titles, and the PlayStation releasing a few months away for $100 less is what's noted as the infamous "killer blow" right from the start.

Oh look, games that no one cares about and have no interesting gameplay at all.

People who only buy games that have "muh waifu" content are the biggest cancer on this planet.

I got it here:
romhustler.net/rom/ps2/xenosaga-episode-iii-also-sprach-zarathustra
Just be sure to remove uncheck that "Use download accelerator and get recommended offers" box.

I tested this one in game and it uses the Japanese versions of cutscenes, so I assume it's also uncensored.
I haven't beaten the game using this rom yet.

I forgot to add. The Genesis was also still selling like hotcakes all the way into '95, however SoJ, with all their wisdom, wanted the console axed ASAP. And, the Saturn did start to turn around near the end, but it was too late by then.

I don't remember any ads running for it in the US. I barely remember it being in any stores. I don't contest the lack of developers wanting to program on a weird ass system like the Saturn, especially when 3D was the way of the future at the time.

But as opposed to Segata Sanshiro in Japan, I don't remember any campaigns for the Saturn. I remember BLAST PROCESSING. That's about it. I'm going to have to look up old campaigns and articles now.

Holy shit, all of Sega was retarded.

Ideally, a translator's purpose is to make it so the consumer DOESN'T need to learn Japanese to play a game how the creator intended. The fruitfucking mongol libtards at Treehouse are doing the opposite. Their job is to translate, not to write new lines or force in retarded Tumblr memes about dinosaurs. I'm learning how to patch/Japanese both so I don't have to put up with this and so others don't have to. Pic unrelated

The new artstyle is already a huge turn off to me. Don't worry though OP, if I'm right the base game is going to be kid friendly from the get-go to avoid getting yelled at later by NoA to censor anything ~problematic~. Xenoblade will now be that open world JRPG franchise from Nintendo the whole family can enjoy!

Fortunately, the Switch isn't region locked. Do your research. If the EU version is fine while the NA version got fucked, import the EU version. If both versions got fucked, import the JP version. Now that NoE and NoA have to compete with each other (and in the worst case NoJ) we might see localization improve.

The point of BLACKing characters in a game like Style Savvy/whatever the fuck the yuro title is is to normalize diversity for white kids and make them think shitskins are just like them.
Almost every Arab woman a European child sees will be a curtain-wearing terrorist broodmare so fiction has to push a different image so the kid doesn't come away with the (roughly correct) impression that they're all like that.

Yeah, but this is localization, which is completely different from just translation, retard. I'm learning so I can be rich making translations for thirsty fags.

Yes, it's very likely but obviously not confirmed. Tell me when there's actual fucking news of it. I'll either buy the JP version instead since the thing isn't region locked or wait for homebrew + piracy so we can fix it like we've done with all of the games you listed.

>>>/reddit/

>>>/reddit/

Do you ever get the impression that vidya companies don't know what the fuck they're doing and have NEVER known what the fuck they've been doing?

Oh boy, I love playing with my family.

If anyone hires you to translate they will not give you any control over editing decisions. They hire faggot bluehair English majors for that, you send them the translation and then they fuck with it as they please.
You will not make money fan translating, either. The best you could hope for is starting a Carpe Fulgur-like team to publish doujin games, but unlike Carpe Fulgur no one will consider bringing you onto any bigger licenses because you're not a faggot goon/SJW English major (fortunately CF will not get any more serious work because despite leveraging goon connections to get work with Xseed, they fucked up the project so hard that no one will want to touch them ever again).

Story time, unless this is about the faggot who wanted to kill himself over SC.

I'm not sure how much wishful think it is, but one idea I had is for translated games to have two versions of the translation released with the game. One is a direct translation of the original game (Which is tied to the game's original dub), and the other is a localized translation (Which is the version the native dub uses). How viable would it be to have that happen?

SoJ knew exactly what they were doing, they wanted to show up SoA, and it blew up in their faces.

The guy running the "Ask A Game Developer" blog pretty much confirmed it. Video games are still a new medium and no one has found an optimal approach when it comes to game development, or anything else in the industry.

Translation is a pain in the ass, especially for fucking video games. If you were specialized in translating mechanical engineering text (which nets you great deals in the industrial works because you can be a medium between your company and the Japanese companies, at least in my country), then I would see it as being a great job.

If one wanted to directly improve NoA's translation work, which course of action seems more realistic: Working for Treehouse directly and basically doing an infiltration, or starting your own tl group and offering to work for even less $$/time than Treehouse already does?

Okay what game was this that essentially got CF blacklisted?

twitter.com/A_HOWDZ/status/819827154909360128

original bong VAs are on XB2… probably NoE translating again

that being said, 日本語が話せる, so not like I care much.

One of the Trails games, I think. The main translator from CF was months behind and was contemplating suicide supposedly. Or maybe he was months behind because he was contemplating suicide?

The main point is that he was way behind and XSEED had hired them to translate, so XSEED had to pick up the slack.

Yeah, that's all it is. If you didn't hear the details at the time, they fucked up the formatting of the files they sent to Xseed and made people do a whole bunch of extra work to fix their incompetence, plus all the needless drama and delays from Andrew Dice being a piece of shit.
archive.is/LXTa3

This will probably not work. SJWs run HR departments and hire/promote their own.
Trails in the Sky.

Even outside the censorship, their localizations suck. I played Xenoblade X, and Lin not being able to wear skimpy outfits wasn't a problem for me because she's a tanking character anyway. The real shittiness of the localization came from other things. Only example I can think of off the top of my head is this:
Make a female character in X, and give her the "mature" voice acting. Now put Irina in your team and guess who is saying what. They sound exactly the same. This isn't just a cosmetic feature either, you need to be able to hear what your teammates are saying. AFAIK Irina is the only teammate that learns Last Stand too, which makes her the best Overdrive build partner to have, so you can't just use someone else for that build.

Also Xenoblade X had some really fun, broken combinations. Overdrive builds let you fuck over everything so hard that the skells become a formality rather than a necessity. If you get an undub/uncensored patch it's worth playing just to [Wir Fliegen intensifies] your way through the game.

That game is futa trash.

go back to crack

Is that site legit? Haven't used them before. Mainly stick with Emuparadise and Nicoblog for game downloads.

If you buy Japanese games that are translated into English, only listen to the subtitle audio track (when presented the option) or bitch about there being no original Japanese audio if it's not there, bitch about censored character costumes or dialogue, or complain about the integrity and accuracy of the translation but have never in your life put forth a genuine effort to learn Japanese, you're a fucking twat and your opinion counts for absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I don't really care about most of this shit. It doesn't bother me when the Japanese version gets more content or new content for longer than the international release, it doesn't bother me if something is changed or completely removed to appeal to a wider audience, and I honestly don't give a fuck whether they include dual audio or not. Why should I?

Honestly, if I cared enough about this shit I'd just learn Japanese. But I don't, and I don't think anyone here actually does either.

Most of this bitching is probably coming from sour grapes poorfags or self-righteous "pirates" (who have probably never personally cracked a game in their entire goddamn life) trying to justify never ever spending money on video games.

tl;dr
STOP BEING A FUCKING CUNT

As says, you won't be given control over the game's script. At best you might have the ability to do the initial translation, but then they'll likely have some editor go over your work and "jazz it up" and decide what is "proper" for the local fanbase to witness. Unless you're talking about doing fan-translation, anyhow.

I thought it was the CF editor that was acting like that while the translator had apparently been doing his job. I might be wrong though.

Cody plz go you pile of cancer

Kill yourselves.

Get out censorship apologist.

Holy shit, how to spot a massive cancerous shit eating retard in one post. Why don't you fuck off back to halfchan where you can related to people with your mentality.

I doubt an infiltration would work if everyone else there, especially the top brass, are kool-aid drinking memers. A separate translation group might work better, but that also runs into issues: Namely that (at least starting off) without a track record, it's going to be hard to get much vidya translation work compared to an established team, and in the case of Nintendo, unless NoJ sees reason to ditch NoA and Treehouse, they'll likely keep on using them, or whore out to 8-4 if needed (something a lot of companies have done in the past, some like XSEED caring more about how their games turned out than others).

Playing through older games, I occasionally see various translation groups that worked on the scripts that I'd never heard of before (publisher basically whored the script out to them instead of doing it internally), and looking around online there's not much information on what else said groups might have done. This makes it come off as if these small groups have collapsed since then, or were absorbed into larger companies. Meanwhile 8-4 and NISA keep on getting work despite a growing reputation of being iffy at best and absolute shit at worst, likely because they have lengthy track records for translation work that keeps seeing them hired.

This isn't some kind of universal problem with no solution.

There's a solution, you're just avoiding it.

If you like Japanese media enough that you can actually tell when some piece of spoken Japanese dialogue isn't matching up with the English text at all, or that you look at the Japanese game's release just so you can compare what's there to what's not in the English release, you can probably safely say that you're a bit of a fan.

At that point… why NOT just learn Japanese? Why NOT import your games, why NOT buy Japanese consoles to avoid region locking, why let this affect you and then complain about it instead of avoiding the issue altogether by getting the original Japanese games and enjoying them as they were meant to be?

You'd have to go and court developers yourself. The lucky thing is, with how popular mobage are in Japan, you have a glut of choices. You could get the contracts pretty cheap, I reckon, and get some professional experience/recognition that way.

But user! Learning Japanese and buying Japanese media takes effort, time and money! And you know how I got none of that in me.

Cody, I already told you; leave.

How about when the localizations actually fuck up your console? There was that PS3 game that made your PS3 overheat and break in the localized version. I also remember there being a glitch in Pokemon Gold that would wipe your save file if you had Daylight Savings on, which wasn't in the JP version.
A good localization doesn't have to be 100% accurate to the JP version, such as with US Splatoon or Xenoblade Chronicles. Hell, some localizations were so good their changes were considered an improvement, such as with Animal Crossing or Kid Icarus: Uprising. All I ask for is that the localized version has the same value as the original, or stays true to what the original version was trying to be. If a localization is shit I'm under no obligation to buy it, and I'm not learning some obscure language used by one fucking country just to enjoy a videogame.

My physical copy of Xenoblade X says otherwise.

I'm waiting on them to announce whose translating before I jump the gun like you.

Also holy shit, that's some bad bait OP.

I am learning Japanese. That has nothing to do with what I said. The problem is people buying shitty products. You are one of them because you said you don't care about the butchered content. You're a censorcuck. Fuck off back to 4chan.

What astounds me more than anything is that Nintendo hasn't been "censoring more lately" than they have at any other time in history, it's just that you're finally old enough to realize what the fuck is going on. Where were you 23 years ago when Final Fantasy VI got butchered as fuck with censorship and awful translation, a translation that FF fans still defend to this day? Where were you when DragonQuest games were being censored?

You suddenly become aware of SJWs and leftists and NOW it's a problem, when there's people who have been resisting this shit for decades? You're late to the party, and Nintendo has and always will be the worst offender, don't act like you're going to be the difference that changes a company who only moves to the beat of their own drum. Nintendo has never answered, let alone changed, for fan response and request. Some people say "that's what makes Nintendo such a great company," and I have to wonder how much they enjoy that cock in their rectal cavity.

Stop focusing solely on Nintendo, and then maybe, just maybe, people will start to take it seriously when you post the 14000th "NINTENDO IS DOING IT AGAIN" thread.

Jokes on you, I learned the Kana in only 2 days and am well on my way.

Dude, anyone can learn the fucking kana. That's just learning another alphabet. The kana are not the problem.

No the problem is when you move beyond the kana…

It's only hard work if you don't like the language, like I do. If you're naturally drawn to it, it's fun. Or so people say.

Game-breaking or even CONSOLE BREAKING glitches go far beyond a discussion of censorship.

You can hate localizations all you want, but don't pretend you deserve better. There are plenty of games that never even so much as get a text translation because the developers don't feel like there's a market here.

Maybe it's just me, but it feels like boycotting japanese games with poor translations is a bit of a double edged sword. The shareholders are more inclined to believe they're just not reaching the right audience and stop wasting money on translations altogether.

But if you feel like you're some righteous crusader, do whatever makes you feel happy. Just realize that you're being a bit of a cunt.

I've been learning the Kanji too, I can differentiate 26 so far. Don't heckle me, man, I'm learning.

user, I was being sarcastic…

Because the western releases of games shouldn't be being butchered like this, to the point you have to learn Japanese if you just to get the game as it was originally intended? It's like saying "[X shitty company] dindu nuffin wrong, you as the western customer are to blame for expecting anything other than shitty rewrites and censorship."

Kanji are difficult, but it's not as bad as many people make it out to be. There's really only a few hundred that are commonly used.

It gets even easier if you take your time to learn the radicals instead of just forcing yourself to memorize all of the kanji by rote repetition.

Fuck the consumer! Fucking goyim!

Aye, that's how I'm learning is via the radicals. There's 214 of them, though.

well sometimes you can't do 1:1 translation

take jokes for example or pop culture references, sure it'll go over the head of some and they might be fine with it, but things like word play end up lost in translation. Especially when nips love wordplay

And yeah just by doing that you are ignoring the main problem and enabling these type of fucking censorship and letting whatever group of people dictate was is and is not allowed just by going "it doesn't affect me! I know japanese!/it works on my machine." Who the fuck gives them the right to judge whether or not what we are allow to see or read? They're fucking translators not the fucking moral police. I bet you would start giving a shit if the catholic church started a fucking crusade on everything not "morally righteous" in their eyes like TVs and especially VIDEO GAMES.

Enabling and ignoring this kind of shit only opens doors for those who want control over peoples opinions by dictating what is right and not right according to their views.

yeah but I'm already digging a hole so I may as well make it my grave

Try to view this from my viewpoint – a down-to-earth grounded consumer that realizes they have absolutely no control over this.

I could uselessly struggle against it, start online petitions, go on tirades on anonymous websites, try to expose the company for their treachery, and try to be a hero and accomplish effectively nothing… or, I could just buy the game that is censored in what I perceive to be a very minor way and enjoy it despite that.

If there was a way to genuinely send a message to the creators and get them to change their business model, that'd be fantastic. But there's not.

Call me defeatist if you want.

Everyone knows you can't do 1 to 1 translation. The problem is when they completely change a script because they refuse to do any work and just insert whatever they feel like. FE Fates is a prime example. What a fucking hackjob.

Very few people are asking for a 1:1 translation, they're asking for faithful translations.

You can be faithful to the source without translating it word for word. Most of these assholes don't even bother to do that.

To be fair, I'd rather just learn to read it in Japanese anyway because localization will always be transliteration instead of translation. Jokes are lost in translation and replaced with "westernized" versions, and I'd rather just see everything raw. Kind of like fucking your sister, it's better raw.

These aren't anons doing a translation with their own time, they're people from large companies paid to translate a game you invalid. It's not wrong to expect people who are paid to bring a game faithfully to other countries to bring the game faithfully to other countries. But sure, spend time learning a dying language because some people feel like not doing their job.

You are in control 100%. Stop fucking buying this trash you dumb fucking retard. How can you be so fucing stupid?

It's not wrong, but it's naive.

Honestly, he's starting to remind me of the sort of faggots I used to see on half/vg/ years back that would get asspained when a game got announced as being cleared to come west because "the west doesn't deserve a game this good."

There's a difference between swapping out jokes or references for equivalents when they don't translate into English directly, and inserting shitty memes, removing content, and making the English script more of a rewrite than translation.

You mean the sort of consumer NoA hopes to have defend all their shitty decisions when people rightly bitch and is happy with a game coming out botched?

Or we just don't buy these games and deny companies like NoA some sales they might have otherwise gained? I'd rather buy something from a company that respects their potential western audience instead, rather than direct cancer that acts like memeing and censorship is a requirement for the western consumerbase. If that means I don't buy a lot of new shit and keep digging through my backlog, so be it.

The only people who bring up 1:1 translations are retards. You can do a direct translation without diving into machine translation. Look at FLCL, it did it amazingly to the point the dub is arguably better than the original.

I'm a lazy piece of shit, not some crusader. I just want vidya in my own language.
I like localizations, I just want them done right. Like I said, Xenoblade and Splatoon had great localizations. Animal Crossing's localization was so good the Japs backported it and made a special edition using it. I don't just deserve better, I usually get better content than the Japs do.

Boycotting won't change anything. If you sulk in the corner in a place where they can't see you how do they know there's a problem? If you want them to take localizations more seriously, show them that there's a demand for it. Compile stuff about how people don't like censorship, make a fancy infographic, and viral it on social media for others to express dissatisfaction. It's better then not being seen or heard.

And in reality, shitty games sell like hotcakes, and not because of us. We aren't the ones who bought horse armor en mass and popularized DLC. We aren't the ones who get hyped when games have trailers for their DLC months before the game is even out. We aren't the ones buying Treehouse's butchered versions of games. The idea of voting with your wallet is a myth because it assumes an intelligent consumer base, and anyone who says otherwise on this site is trying to push collective responsibility on the few people who are NOT part of the problem.

Learning Japanese helps but some games even get pre-censored in Japan so they have to pay localization teams less. The only solution is to create some sort of third party localization company to bring competition to this monopoly, because you know you're not making into the current teams based on skill with how nepotistic they are. Offer better rates, earn better sales, and dispel this need to precensor games. It would require some serious investment though? Just my half-assed 2-cents.

All I'm going to say is good fucking luck getting your localizations onto store shelves. Reminder that the reason that nobody makes M games if they can avoid it, and nobody makes AO games at all, is because the big box stores won't buy copies of those games. If your game has graphical nudity and sexuality, you'll never get on store shelves in Walmart, EB/GameStop/Game, etc. The less censored, the higher the rating your game gets, and some games that aren't even as bad as what they already sell for the M rating are simply rated higher and higher by Pegi and the ESRB and the such BECAUSE THERE'S NO KICKBACKS. If you're not bribing the people who rate this shit, you will get fucked. And if your game has actual simulated romance, you will never see the light of day in America.

To be fair, the only reason Nowi isn't pedobait is that there's a footnote about her being a thousand years old. If you just show someone a pic of her, they'll call Chrom Hansen.

This is very easy to abuse, too. "This game is not child pornography. She's a thousand and THREE, thank you very much."
"But she's flat as a board!"
"And? Not all womyn have DD cup breasts you mysogynist"

I just want to quietly enjoy my sick fetishes in peace, dammit. Why can't we all agree that 2D grills don't count? I mean, the whole point of the law is to prevent people from taking advantage of impressionable children, but the child in this case is literally a fictional character–to say that someone who doesn't exist can be abused is to convict 99% of Deviantart for crimes against nature.

Wow its a good thing the switch is region lock free

am i right guys hohoho wewew oh man

Because 3D women think that if they take away your 2D girls, that you'll automatically want to be their husband it gives them their pussy power back. It's not only wrong but unfounded and so they keep trying to obtain the power back in relationships.

Just imagine being married to Quinn, Sarkeesian, Pig Vomit, Trigglypuff, et al and having to actually be bossed around like a fully grown adult child.

Ha ha.

The world has finally gone insane.

Why can't people just be allowed to vote with the fucking wallets?

Why talk about it? You and rest of us ain't doing jackshit about it.

They will keep censoring games, but we ain't gonna do shit. All you can do is not buying the games, but thats not going to stop it.

Whether you like it or not, this will happen more often.

The only way you can change it, is if you publish the game and you localize it yourself.
Besides as long as they "dont" cut content (and put it in paid DLC..looking at you EA) its fine. Who fucking cares if a bikini costume was removed, its not gonna kill the game. They shouldnt tweak anything.

If they censor Xenobalde 2 (no bikini costumes or w/e) it has no significance really. It's not like they remove a key gameplay element.

What i mean is, stop crying like these liberal retards. Either move on, or do something about it.

Then why am I the only one stating that this is an issue, proposing a solution if we want any of it being fixed, and putting it out there?

And, why is it none of you idiots have even tried to do something about it prior to? I'd advise you look up the story of the dog and the nail.

Don't reply to rugga posts, user.

How is it a myth when you take the money you were about to spend on "Game A" and instead spend it on "Game X"?

FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK OFF DEFEATISTS AND PRO-CENSORSHIP SHILLS. tHERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR THIS CENSORSHIP EXCEPT FOR SJWS AND FAT GREEDY KIKES GETTING PAID PER CHANGE. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO LEARN A WHOLE OTHER LANGUAGE TO ENJOY SOME FUCKING ENTERTAINMENT. GET FUCKING MAD, DON'T LIE DOWN AND TAKE IT, DON'T JUST SAY "WHATEVER IT'S NOT GONNA AFFECT ME BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY WEEBSHIT/KNOW JAPANESE/ AM GONNA PURCHASE A DIFFERENT REGION. YOU HAVE TO GET MAD, MAKE A CHANGE, TELL THESE PEOPLE TO FUCK OFF AND STOP RUINING THINGS. DON'T AVOID THE PROBLEM LIKE SOME BETA BITCH FAGGOT TACKLE IT HEAD ON AND DEFEAT IT, BE A MAN ABOUT SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE EVEN IF IT'S JUST ANIME TIDDIES, GET SOME FUCKING PASSION.

This claim has been debunked, by the way. It's cute that you still keep parroting it.

Doesn't GTA5 and numerous other games break all those problems that you just listed?

Well shit I didn't know. My point still fucking stands.

Is that why Bioware's romance is so fucking awful?

[CITATION NEEDED]

You are not a special snowflake, many people before you complained about translations. Many sent fucking tubes or whatever they are to express their anger. Man tried to find a solution yet ultimately nothing came and you know why? Because -get this- no one gives a flying fuck about Holla Forums. No one cares about people who scream about censorship and want quality in their games. I mean, fucking hell, you have some stupid people who say I lost faith in humanity just because someone insulted Jewtendo and wanted them to treat him as a respectful consumer instead of looking at him as if he is a walking bag of money. Let this sink in: You can't do shit. Nobody can do shit. Remember Xenoblade X? When people complained about it? Well guess what, the wife of the director (she also works with him) didnt give a fuck and thought that the translation was fine. So what are you gonna do, keep bitching? NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ITS THE SAD TRUTH. All what you can do is either: Learn Japanese and break the wall, or vote with your wallet.

And you have this gem I have more important issues at hand in my country than fucking 2D titties. I have an educational system that is crap. Teachers and professors hate to teach, they just become teachers and stay and get their paycheck without teaching the younger generation anything of value. If I want to rage and actually waste some of my precious time on serious problem, it would be ANYTHING but fucking video games. At the very least, I have learned Japanese and I broke the language barrier that translators and other pesky cunts use to censor me from getting my knowledge freely. What are you going to do in your crusade, send more tubes?

I am genuinely curious, what are your solutions, anti-censorship people? Sending more tubes? Voicing your opinions passionately? It just doesn't fucking work. You can't make change. If you can, prove me wrong and do and rub it in my face instead of bitching on imageboards.

Trump won

Brexit happened

Then what the fuck are you doing on an imageboard. If you're so great get out and do something with your life instead of coming to this thread telling everyone to just fucking give up.

Neither of those were ever suppose to happen, but they did.

Don't do that.

You want to see a bunch of people getting mad?

It's current year +2. Get with the times grandpa.

How about the fact that the entire world government had a mental breakdown that a bunch of "stupid" farmers, middle class workers, and even their own supporters said enough of this shit.

I am. I am currently reading a book in my own field so I can actually know something to teach when I hopefully become a lecturer. It just so happens that I enjoy vidya and I am browsing to discuss vidya and tell you poor souls to find a better solution than protesting. Hint: learn Nipponese.

You want to go on about how things cannot be changed?

You do not know jack-shit about the history of the world then, or the human mind works.

They're alright, it's just that accelerator thing that makes them kinda shady.
I'll upload the .iso's to mega anyway just in case if you don't want to be near that site. I'll tell you when I'm done uploading.
I'm only going to do Episode 3 though, because all 3 games add up to about 28 gbs.

wwwwwwwwwwww

Well good for you, and I know some japanese and I'm learning more, but that just sidesteps the fucking problem. That's like all the britbongs saying "just move to America or norway so we don't have to deal with the mudslimes". It won't solve shit, and like I said, people shouldn't have to learn a fucking language to play a videogame. I don't know what works, but there's got to be something we can do. I don't want these censoring faggots to think they are welcome in video games or anywhere else for that matter.

Learn some math you filthy nigger.

You want to know why America is such a f***ing beast?

It's because the people who "founded" it stated we can do better.

And, since then, it's spread across the world that something better can be achieved.

So, don't you dare say that nothing can be changed, that there is nothing better.

Some smart idiot is going to prove you wrong.

Current year man started currenting it up in 2015 you mongoloid.

BACK THE FUCK OFF!
*starts charging rasengan

By who? you? just by posting some fucking screenshot from halfchan that you most likely made?

Then why the fuck are you here? Why are you wasting your time posting all that shit you wrote? What is your fucking logic posting all that shit if you have more important issues?

You're no different than an attention whoring tripfag.

"Just ignore the problem everything will work out in the end." Sounds like a very "educated" response to me. See my previous post, also you can shove whatever book your reading up your ass since it's clearly affecting your train of thought and with it being up your ass it might filter out whatever (((lessons))) it's teaching you.

And, I forgot the punchline to the entire rant: you'll be buying their shit.

Sasuga fullchan.

There's been a lot of shitposting on this board for the past several days. Did AGDQ bring them in or something?

Also, since this thread may also be dead by the time I'm done uploading the .iso's, I'll post links of them in the share thread aswell.

Possibly.

Greeting, my fellow down-to-earth grounded consumer!

Considering the absolute cancer I saw going on with ADGQ, I'd say that's a strong possibly

Strong words.

Okay, thanks a lot. I'll keep tabs there.

I suspect it's a mixture of the fact that supporting censorship is an easy way to bait a reaction from people, and the posterbase being a mixture of disgruntled anons originally from halfchan and redditors (the latter I assume likely cares less). Also perhaps a fair amount of the older posters having left during the times the site was shitting itself a lot.

Though, I will say that even back in the day on halfchan I'd see people who only complained that a decapitation was removed from Breath of Fire IV and that the fanservice being cut either didn't change anything for them or even made the game better to them, so censorship support might be an older problem even amongst some anons.

You know what, you are right. Why should I waste my time with faggots that will accomplish nothing? Good luck voicing your opinions to Nintendo and the treehouse, I am pretty sure that they are a respected bunch who will listen to your constructive criticism :-)

Bye. It's not like you contributed any solution anyway.

Fuck off back to cuckchan

It does but the retailers would have to be fucking retarded if they decided to stop selling GTA since that makes a lot of money off it's name alone & still garners controversy (Even if Rockstar is a pussy.) It would be like them stopping Call of Duty because Hey wait a minute, a lot of kids play these games about being a soldier into war, shouldn't we do something about this? I can bet you there's bribery going on.

I don't care.

I wasn't hurt by Auschwitz and I didn't care for the Jews who were gassed, guess I'm a Nazi sympathizer now.

No, by learning Japanese and consuming media directly you are eliminating your dependence on western middlemen. You're free to gamble on the efficacy of internet protesting if you like, but it doesn't have a track record of success.

Disc 1's done
mega.nz/#!utMGxLCY!yOvbFXm4udTR1ZUukPV4gEbZMQTFH7J1ayD2mUP22No
I'll let upload Disc 2 as I sleep and link it when I wake up.

Also, ignore the file name.
I changed it because I didn't like seeing UNDUB on it when the undub is the only version I have.

Or you could buy it used instead of paying more to be part of the problem, but being a retarded faggot is one symptom of nintendronism.

The most realistic way to fight against this I think is to get more english subs on japanese imported games. Maybe if they see more consumers opting to just import instead of buying their "localized" garbage then things will shift in the market.

No
Consider suicide weebshit

That argument doesn't make sense.

If anything the screaming from the censorship fellows is to ensure that changes aren't made. That's the key-est of key differences.

Underrated post.

What makes you think that I buy games? I don't give a rat's ass about supporting companies, that's retarded. Learning Japanese just take down the language barrier. Wanting to pay is optionak, but anyone who do it it's a fucking faggot.

MFW THE SWITCH IS NOW REGION FREE
Hopefully I'll be able to read moonrunes by the time all the worthwhile games come out. I can naturally read about 95% of hiragana right now and recognize some grammatical structures. I just wish there was something more hands-on to work with than reading a boring PDF

If my post wasn't clear enough, I meant fan translation, faggots. It's arguable how much money I can make, but bounty hunting is a thing, and that's why I mentioned thirsty fags.
Trust me, I've been scamming spics for some time now, translating from english to spanish mostly weird shit like furry and yiff. It's not a lot, but enough to be happy. It takes a shit load of time depending on the material, but it's easy once you have a system. Between 3 persons is piss easy.

Not much. When you do the actual translation you can use that same scriot to localize as you want, but both takes resources, time at the very least, and it's also redundant. Localization shouldn't be q thing in the first place unless completely neccesary. You could argue that taking out honorifics from names is localization.

Do you have evidence to this? I loved the original British voice cast of the first cast and wished they'd do it again for Xenoblade 2

Fucking millenials.