Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Thread #2000

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Thread #2000

Sawano is getting on my nerves so I wouldn't get the third game or a switch if it's him doing the music for XB2. Do we have a confirm if it's going back to the typical xeno* guy? I have some bad news for the old stupid men running the world if Mitsuda isn't brought on board for the soundtrack.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/johntv/status/819802074699337728
archive.is/Xjokx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not the only one thinking this particular change in art direction AGAIN means they're targeting kiddies right?

Yeah they look even younger, like Tales of Symphonia whose meta-series is styled to gather a younger audience to the Tales of franchise. I can't say I like it. However for XCX that is the classical look and how it's supposed to be. Sawano is garbage though, for a decade he's been doing the exact same tracks for every project.

The goddamn trailer credits the composers like half a second after your screencap. Why are you so fucking retarded?

Oh excuse me I am retarded where can I find trailer and is it in moon?

Who the balls is Ace+?
lol wat

The art style for this game is shit compare to Xenoblade 1 and Xenoblade X tbqh.

There was a Bomberman 64 2?

Silky smooth 24 fps.

Nobody has a nose, it's terrible. I'd easily take potato Lin over this.

I think it's this game.

The art when you get out in the world and fight giant dinosaurs is incredible and it's a shame it's a wii u game. When cemu get's 17.0 update I'm sure I'll get some amazing pictures of the wildlife in the game. One character doesn't mean shit when compared to the whole project, and that's the old Xenosaga character design anyway.

M-muh stylized graphics.

I just looked up gameplay for it and it didn't look as good as Bomberman 64, in some ways it looked like an improvement though.

I think it looks better than X, maybe the angles aren't specifically appealing and the characters look too fucking young, from the side though this chick looks really good.

I wanna fuck it

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Here's something from the lead artist, or at least artwork of characters from the lead artist, either he has a poor sense of balance/perspective or the person who drew it does.

The men look fine but the main character looks like a boy, chubby face and all. fuck.

It's Reyn o'clock

-

=

Oh he did that got awful dreamcast cgi movie? I always loved the design of the girl and robot, I even bought them from goodsmile for a little coin something like $390

I'm glad he's doing more mechamusume since he's the last mainstream artist since choco (who always worked on xenosaga) to do that.

Their noses basically vanish when viewed from the front. It's interesting to see them change up their art style, maybe it was from feedback of XCX?

You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!

Maybe its because of Xenoblade X being fucked over in translation, but I don't really feel hyped about this.

Did you play the first game? You can really get in to it. I feel hyped for this game because of it and not really XCX despite XCX being fun and more for PC.

is pic related more your style, asshat?

I loved the first game, which was why I allowed myself to get hyped for XCX. Eventually I'll just pirate X with a fan translation, but the whole fiasco killed probably for the best feelings of getting hype for any game coming out.

Holy shit that video is so fucking stupid in a good way.

you guys are a group of clowns

If anything, this would turn on more anons.

I'd fuck a sword.

All the bitches have Zohars on their the necks, as do the swords.

what's a zohar

I AM THE BONER OF MY SWORD

That's retarded, besides, shields are sexier. You can stick them to your body and call them "armor". That's one letter more off from being "amor" which means love in spanish. Face it user. Shields are better.

Why would that matter?
Kirby targets kiddies and it doesn't stop them from all the weird shit they pull.

Basically they have tiny Jewish texts around their necks because you can guess why.

I wish I still had that one comic with link getting his dick cut in half

it would be an appropriate reaction image. The joke is that link tried to fuck fi.

why do you like single player MMOs? Real time sinks there.

The only thing that was changed in XCX is the fact you couldn't see midriff bones on females in the character maker. Why are anons so triggered by a single line of code in games. It's just like everyone skipping DXMD because of a single jihadi line you can only get by picking the right choices in a special convo with 1 character.

The Zohar is the main macguffin of the Xeno-franchise as a whole, it is a golden monolith that is a gateway to the Higher Order Domain/Realm of God. Contact with it will drive you crazy, grant you immortality (in one of many interesting and unpleasant ways) or give you magical powers.

Seriously, have you faggots not played Gears/Saga?

Their shit is even the same teal as the original Zohar's core unit/gem.

Calling it now: The end to the game will be them being able to use the zohar's to see the live in a pocket universe that is an experiment of the real world.

What I'm afraid of is that it will end with them making the Zohar and Y-data, as the Zohar was embedded in Earth since its formation in XG/XS lore.

Actually, looking at the Aeon (Monad) emanations of God, I think we can find some hints as to the plot of Xenoblade 2. I should note that in Xenoblade X the Vita is treated as legendary and super powerful story wise (gameplay wise it's a joke). In one system it is one of the first eight Aeons, referred to as the Ogdoad. Let me copy-paste this shit from Wikipedia.

First generation

Bythos (the One) and Sige (Silence, Charis, Ennoea, etc.)

Second generation

Nous (Nus, Mind) and Aletheia (Veritas, Truth)

Third generation, emanated from Nous and Aletheia

Sermo (the Word) and Vita (the Life)

Fourth generation, emanated from Sermo and Vita

Anthropos (Homo, Man) and Ecclesia (Church)

XCX is its own thing, separate from the rest of the series until proven otherwise. Takahashi said as much.

And dolls were changed to skells ruining some mission name puns, and they removed the breast size slider from character creation, and character outfits were censored to be more modest because slut shaming women is only OK when they do it, and they added a bunch of stupid fucking maymays because the only type of humour they can do is cheap as fuck reference humour that ruins a work's longevity by tying it to a specific time and place, and doing so especially with internet memes in internet time is just the stupidest fucking thing anyone could do. But yeah, aside from that the game wasn't changed at all.

Am I really the only one who cares they changed BB's Blue Bloods, for reference to mimiosomes?

Is there a comprehensive list of memes and censored outfits? I'm gonna assume there's only one or two changes that really, really piss off people who happen to have autism as is normally the case.

you can pay for online, you can moan and bitch
still no games for nintendo switch

four hundred dollars in the EU
i'd rather buy another Wii U

you can spread out your legs, lie over and bend
it's one ROM a month, and that's just a rent

Mine was a shitpost.

Oh man, this is going to be trash, isn't it?

And XB somehow isn't?
Is there a source for that?

XB takes place in the main timeline, during the Zohar Connection Experiment that destroys lost Jerusalem.

but is there a source

I really hope they get anybody else. The music was one of the biggest letdowns about X, all censorship aside.

It's ACE+, the same as XB1.

That's what I get for not reading the thread like a tremendous faggot, thanks. That's really good news.

Well now I feel like I'm in some kind of minority, apart from the pants on head retarded decision to put lyrics in the songs that are more for ambience I loved the soundtrack.

Celica my dick.

Sawano tries very hard to be epic.
And while it may fit in some scenes of the game, that shouldn't be the whole theme of the OST.
The main theme of the game is VASTNESS and variety and I feel XB1's ost did a great job in reflecting that

I'm not sure if you're in the minority or not, I've seen a lot of mixed opinions across various sites ever since release and still to this day. "Uncontrollable" is the only song in the game I can say I honestly enjoy after listening to it more than a few times and even then it still has fucking nothing on tracks like "You Will Know Our Names", "Engage the Enemy" and "Tragic Decision".

1 3 Y E A R S I N S I D E A N D O U T

What the fuck, user? Just because the art style make a facial feature nearly vanish from the front doesn't mean I want to see opposite and have a bunch of "redder than a drunk Rudolph while also suffering from a cold" nose Tumblr shit here.

Nice.

When XBX was announced with Sawano music, I was excited.
When I actually got into the game it was infuriating and repetitive.
It's too bad that XBX turned out the way it did; even if the western release wasn't neutered, the game quickly runs out of shit to do other than grind. Because the game ends at lv 60 and the super bosses are all around 80-99, there's nothing to pad out the level gap so you end up just grinding fucking support missions over and over for materials to make the Lv60 mechs and minmax them, or at least to make an Ares.
I just hope this isn't the first Xeno game without mechs.

twitter.com/johntv/status/819802074699337728

8-4 is not working on this.

We still have the threat of Treehouse hanging over our heads though.

There are several references to Xenoblade in X that seem to hint at an actual connection but they could just be fan service. The fan theories on the connection between them don't make a bit of sense.

.>>11730578
Why was the post removed? Did it criticize Nintendo?

Since the usual composer does the regular XB games, maybe Sawano will be for XBX only. Or they'll get someone else famous to do it. Personally, I think Vince DiCola would do a theoretical XBXII better, although the soundtrack might end up 80's as hell. I just want a sequel to the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack in a game about giant transforming robots, OK.

Well in this case isn't the girl a body print out of someone that used to live in a digital world above the Earth, hence the unrealistic proportions?

Xeno was never for kids, nor did it ever appeal to that audience. Pretty fuckin obvious if you ask me.

Spotted the newfag.

So it's going from Awakening(8-4) to Fates(NoA) quality localization then? That sounds like such an improvement.

Honestly, I think it's mostly just graphical improvements. The original Xenoblade had similarly styled eyes, but they were rendered at much lower resolution; they didn't strike us in the way this sleeker look has as a result.

The guys who did Xenoblade 1, faggot.

So a bunch of shit superficial shit that only people with autism care about? Color me unsurprised!

They removed a Xenogears reference and the BLADE acronym is basically the main theme of the entire Xeno series.

Might have been removed for legal reasons. Copyright laws that "protect" intellectual property work differently in japan, it's why shit like jojo can happen but when it gets (((localized))) we get "Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price."

Square already let Monolith Soft use Abel, the Zohar, DEUS, Weltal, Weltal-ID, Michtam and a shit ton of other things from XG and PW with no issue in XS. The references in XBX are minuscule compared to that.

How can you be excited for Sawano? He hasn't been good since the 90s. Every single soundtrack he does is german lady signing and rawr black metal so edgy.

Why do you keep saying this? Is it in XB1 or in a book or interview or something? There's no proof.

The use of the term Phase Transfer Experiment in Xenoblade. It was the exact thing that destroyed Ariadne in Saga 1.

Hopefully the people who worked on the original are in change of the localization.

Unicon Gundam's OST is fucking amazing.

The only thing that connects Xenoblade to Xenosaga is Phase Transfer and the destruction of Earth. It's enough that speculation can be made, but nothing official.

Xenoblade also had a few name changes, notably naming Bionis and Mechonis.

TBH Machine god and Giant god sounds weird in English.

Yeah, that's one of those changes I would consider actual localization, not censorship or fucking up the intent of the creator. It still gets the point across while conveying the same concept or emotion in English as it does in Japanese.

And so do some names from XBX, notably the location names. Though they're fucking retarded for renaming the Collepedians, when it's a reference to the collectapedia.

No only that, they forgot to change the unions logos to match the new names.

The localization quality was shit in general, even if we look past the censorship. They changed the clothes on the characters to be less revealing, but then left the icons the same because apparently they couldn't be assed to take pictures of their abominations and replace the icon files.

Remains to be seen. Could get a NoE localization again for consistency, since the title suggests a direct sequel. Probably the best scenario you could hope for. But then, when was the last time Nintendo made something good happen?

Or it could be Xenoblade (NoE)

After Style Savvy I'm not sure how much I'd trust them either, but the Switch is region free so worst case you just get the jap version. It's possible that the English version might even come with dual audio so you know when you're being bullshitted to, at least.

More than that.

Someone post the collection of all the forced and dated fucking memes.

I hope it's NoE. I loved the english accents and phrasing in XB1, it made it so unique to those living outside of that region. The title is really memorable to me because of it.

Why are all american localizers such dogshit?

WAIT, WHAT?

It was one of the first fucking things they said during the presentation, before they ruined all the fucking hype by announcing paid online.

Don't post that SMH TBH FAM whatever one, some user faked it, it's straight up not in the game. I should know, I pirated it, added the undub patch, and almost 100%'d it. I regret it only a little, I got to climb mountains, be in a giant transforming robot, and break the game over my knees combat wise.

That shit is not okay.

I didn't watch the presentation, I wanted to see the gaymes first before i gave a shit about what the… thing… could do.

The region free aspect seems nice.

Please tell me Wii U emulation is progressing nicely.

Again, the first one is fake. I forget if the second one is real, but it probably is real. Don't let bullshit get in the way of the real problems with the translation, which all the others are.

I really doubt someone went through the trouble of photoshopping a transparent text box for a fake.

It's not fake, I remember cringing when I spoke to this NPC, and it's a the very beginning of the game, off to a nice start…

It is, tommorrow cemu is dropping a HUGE graphics manipulation update. Taking the 720p 30fps with no options emulation to 4k and infinite fps with lots and lots of options. I still don't know if there's the audio update that will keep sampling levels better because stuff is either way too loud or too quiet in most games. That and some textures aren't allocated right.

I wanna get into this shit what is the best method of playing Xenoblade Chronicles 1. Wii, Emulator, 3DS, Wii U VC?

With these designs, they're clearly targeting kids market also from the trailers, they're reusing assists from previous games. They just made a cheap game for launch lineup since they don't have many games. I think we will see their really game at 2019 but then again they're part of nintendo so I don't expect anything to target adults and can't do it with cero.

So where's the part where I'm supposed to care and begin whining about how they ruined the game? Nintendo has been making localization changes far larger since the NES days.

The SMH is definitely real. The NPC is located near the eastern gate by the various job guild thingies. I remember because I literally stopped and just stared for a moment at the pure shit that was pouring out of my console at that point.

Here's your reply.

Why do people feel the need to defend shit like this?

dolphin emulator

they were already making it for the wii u but as you know the wii u is locked at 720 and allows for very few and lackluster graphical options. They're upping the resolution and adding a few lines of code for effects in certain areas. The game has been in development for a few years and all they're doing is some easy fixes.

Probably an excuse to not bothering learning Japanese, learn how to emulate or hack a Wii U, or just to shit on the ones dedicated to this sort of shit.

AGAINST THE ODDS

WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT!

I can feel my power returning to me.

BLOSSOM DANCE

Well that explains how it's getting a 2017 release

Maybe the first two OSTs, yes, but everything else was garbage. Sawano suffers from so much repetition in his soundtracks. There's a reason people only latch onto one or two of his tracks from any respective series he works on: because everything else he did in that soundtrack was garbage.

I'd like a source for that. Given that Xenoblade X was their first "HD" project, I'm not so certain they could do it so quickly. Similarly, I'm not sure how long a game like that would take to make, anyway, given Monolith's sketchy track record with game development. I will admit they've been hiring more people, I'd like to know the details on that more before I agree with you.

I really expect it to get delayed. Note that Mario is slated for Holiday 2017, while Xenoblade 2 is just 2017. I wouldn't be surprised if Xenoblade 2 comes out in Holiday 2018, honestly.

I'd agree if they haven't been helping out with the new Zelda it seems like Monolith is kicking it into high gear regarding all of these projects. But that could be a bad sign as well all I hope is that they learn from the numerous problems regarding X seriously the number of MMO tier sidequests and content that you can easily become overleveled for is ridiculous and how is affinity so hard to get by the time you get maxed affinity you're vastly overleveled for most of those affinity quests. Oh and the 2017 release is japan only it's definitely going to have a significantly later release for territories outside of japan.

That's the roughest stupidest least informed description I've heard of what's happening. I don't doubt that the game started out as a WiiU title but I suspect it would have been moved over quite early on, and considering the first murmurs of the NX were heard in 2015 at Nintendo's stockholder meeting I think Xen 2 was moved over that year, along with Pikmin 4 and Breath of the Wild, with Shiggy saying that Pikmin 4 was nearing completion during E3 2015, but was not shown at all, and WiiU software really started to roll down during 2015 too.

Xenoblade 2 could have a smaller dev cycle compared to Xen X. Xen X was Monolith Soft's first HD project and Monolith employees did mention that they had struggled with the transition to HD development, on top of this Monolith would have had to build a completetly new Engine during the transition too, with Xen 2 Monolith Soft are already used to working in HD and they would already have an open world engine to use in Xen 2s development, but here's the real kicker, considering Monolith Softs already strong development relationship with the Zelda team there's the chance that they will instead use the Breath of the Wild engine, this would make sense over Xen Xs engine with Breath of the Wild's engine already being ported to the Switch and it already being optimized for the Switch, I have also read that the Breath of the Wild engine is built to be Nintendo's core engine something they haven't really had before but I can't remember where I read this. Breath of the Wild also has far better dynamic animation and physics and watching large creatures turn on a pivot triggered my autism.

Are you trying to trigger my autism.
Do you know what resolution it runs at, doesn't look 1080 to me.
Da fuck.

I could see a delay, but considering that the game already had voice work at it's first reveal and multiple environments compared to Xen X having simultaneously a troubled dev cycle and after 2 and a bit years in development was revealed with some characters just running around a lake I'm willing to bet it's much farther along in terms of development,

No, Xenoblade 2 is shown on the Western release lists for 2017, the ones that don't have Dragon Quest Heroes one and two listed for launch.

Wait, seriously the game would have to be really far along to be ready for localization by 2017. It's weird that they just have 2017 as the release date when the only options are Summer or the Holiday season.

Talking about the game itself did anyone notice that the main character appears to have a diving helmet attached to his back, it's a pretty unorthodx thing to have so with the world being set mostly above the clouds maybe the people dive into the world below the clouds.

The girl riding on the cat had cat ears

I hope this game sells well enough to keep this series going, it would be nice to not see Takahashi's vision further splintered.

So Tetsuya Takahashi has stated that he wouldn't be working on the next game and that it wouldn't be Xeno series title which appears to be false, unless Monolith Soft is developing titles in tandem and Xenoblade 2 had started development in 2013/2014, with development on another unnanounced title starting after the release of Xenoblade X.

Xen 2 is probably a december release date like the last one if it releases this year.

Looking at Monolith Studios game releases they've actually release more games than I had realized since working with Nintendo.

What the fuck.

This is the pessimist in me talking, but I think Shiggy was talking about that crappy Pikmin platformer for 3DS when he was talking about "the next Pikmon game".

Doesn't look like real cat ears, unfortunately. It's likely just her hair, shaped into pseudo-ears. But the quality of the video isn't high enough to know for sure, and she only appears for so long.

I think he actually said Pikmin 4 and not Pikmin, and I think he later said that that the Pikmin platformer wasn't the one he was talking about, I will try and find the source on that though.

Eh.

If you zoom in it looks like a hat with some hair poking out from the brim. Of course its really blurry if you do that so hard to know for sure.

Either way the concept art they show before that features a cat girl with actual cat ears.

Oh, you're right. That is most excellent. Catgirls are great.

I tried rewatching the clip to see if it was possibly the same girl, but the angle and blurriness make it impossible to say.

There's no confirmation either way, all Shiggy said when asked about the new Pikmin game was that it was low priority, oh well.

SABER IS MY SWORD, AND I AM HER SCABBARD

This
Pretty much the only memorable songs from X were

There were some other okay ones, but those are the only ones that really come to mind when I try to recall the game's music.
The reason why people like his music in anime is because they usually don't need to listen to his forced and repetitive "epic" themes often.
Good examples are shit like Guilty Crown and Aldnoah Zero.

God are you that autist that has a fit at youtube videos from the DDDA thread? Anyway if you ever rendered models with textures or played a game on an emulator you know what I'm talking about with resolution. It sure is an easy fix changing every single model and reapplying textures than making it all new. Same thing goes for graphical effects due to system limitations. You have no clue what you're talking about.
Nintendo garbage is still native 720
explained
it is for all the new staff and the fact it's just fucking with models through code then bug fixing.

I agree with this. Sawano has done scores and scores of soundtracks since his better work in the 90s and early 00s and for a long long time it's been total shit with 2 good songs per project, one of them usually having LOUD SINGING in german which is extremely cliche. He's basically a trashy meme artist since his work on Berserk more than a decade ago.

REMINDER THAT YOU WILL NEVER BE AS AUTSITIC AS

archive.is/Xjokx

Sawano has been around awhile, sure, but his swell in meme popularity only began because of his work on Gundam Unicorn, which got him picked up by studios who did flavor of the season stuff like AZ and KLK.

I don't even know what that stands for.

The comment was shit, the points I specifically pulled out didn't mean dick.

What a shitty statement, there were games that came in at 1080, Wind Waker HD came in at that resolution, the point is that the statement is retarded, and on top of that the poster doesn't know the resolution so why mention upping it when they don't fucking know. Even easy fix is a stupid fucking statement because the "fix" isn't easy, it's just not particularly time consuming.

the person I replied to sound like a retard from youtube trying to talk tech, it's laughable.

It triggers my autism because some fag may read this think it's coherent and use this shit in conversation and then this shit spreads, just like still fucking adding differentiating between interlaced and progressive when talking resolutions, a completely unnecessary addition for almost all situations.

I will just clarify on the p thing, whenever I've heard someone say this is running in 1080p or 720p or whatever and I ask them what the p means they normally just shrug and say they don't know, and one person said to "I think it means pixels", this is how I feel for the most part about the faggy comment I replied to.

I feel you, user

So with Xenogears showing up in World of Final Fantasy, if it showed up in Kingdom Hearts 3 would that be fucked up or what? Imagine all the X-based bullshit that would come of that. I half think shit like that or Oersted in some FF mobage game is just so they can fulfill some obscure trademark law or something.

What xenogears stuff is in that shitty cellphone tier game?