Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA
github.com/FlimFlamXX/WiiUTutorial/wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=xJ8bQvUCeK4
cemu.info/changelog.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KNtb8DH93vA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because I don't have a wii u.
I don't have a wii u because I'm a poorfag without so much as a tv.

too lazy to dust it off, and I already own the only 5 worthwhile games on the system.

im just lazy

Can you pirate the Smash DLC yet?

You can pirate any DLC with Wupinstaller

What's the chance of bricking?

I'll buy and hack one if porting WiiU games to switch isn't a thing

Because there isn't a comprehensive almost dumb-proof guide like the 3DS has one. Otherwise I would be playing uncensored #FE right now instead of fucking around on Holla Forums

that is a very silly name

There isn't any good homebrew for the system and I already bought every game I wanted for it.

wait, how are you posting then…

You're not my real dad

Maybe he did the right thing and cut his food, furniture, luxury money to save for a computer

Did you know you can get a phone for less than $200?

They are really cheap those days, and even more people in the world use them to browse internet instead of desktop PCs.

Get with the times, grandpas.

There is though, I don't know what happenned to the threads but you can easily find a pastebin around.

=SOON™==

Mine was $40 and isn't tied to any carrier. I can use whatever pay-by-month provider I want and the phone was so cheap I have no qualms with getting a new one if I ever escape poorfaggotry. It's a good feeling

The videos by Skullator are very informative and helpful.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhGuPxJ_7na-HU31dn-s14YV_wh3aGbfA

get the fuck out of here, kid.

Didn't you hear user, soon it will cool to post on Holla Forums using a switch!

Do I need to format an hdd for loading?

Didn't they remove the built in web browser and miiverse?

Any suggestions for games to pirate while I wait for Breath of the Wild? I've already got 3D World, Splatoon, Tr4sh, Dong Freeze, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8.

Also, does online work with pirated games?

And is there any way to load the homebrew launcher without the chance of the machine hanging and forcing me to hard reset? I've been using the internet browser exploit with loadiine.ovh for a while now.

I'm pretty sure all you need is an SD card.

Going to check this out, but I have no SD right so I'm going to have to wait until next paycheck.

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Shin Megami Tensei #FE with uncensor patch
Pikmin 3
Taiko no Tatsujin

Here ya go lad. It took almost 5 seconds to find this

github.com/FlimFlamXX/WiiUTutorial/wiki

You have to find 2 letters or numbers to replace the X's. You should have to work at a little

Wait for cfw to add it.

How do you format the SD card so you can transfer over 4 GB?
ExFat does it but Fat32 does not. I can't figure out how to get anymore than 4 GB onto the 32 GB SD card. Anyone wanna help me out here?
I can get Loadiine working but didn't try Homebrew.

I already have my Wii U set up to run an exploit off my phone by using the phone as a wifi hotspot. I hear there are better methods now, but I don't have a spare external drive to use those methods. I don't play it mush regardless. The only game that didn't work that I wanted to play on there was Wan Piss Unlimited World Red.

That's basically it, aside from . Maybe try Pokken if you want a fighting game. If you don't have any other way of playing it, it also has TTT2. I really can't think of many other worthwhile WiiU games. I hated Star Fox Zero. I guess Nintendo Land is good if you have friends.

Online does not work with pirated games, as far as I know.

Thanks for sharing this.

I sold mine because I knew there wouldn't be any games of interest coming out anymore.

no way, that worked?

I can't wait to boath pirate BoTW and play it on my Wii U and emulate it on my PC.

no problem m8

lel

Because I already bought all 4 games that were worth playing before hacking went anywhere.

Out of curiosity, did we ever get usb loading, or a fix for the horrendous load times?

Fast Racing Neo is really gorgeous and it has a small file size to download.

USB is the standard now and you can load up the homebrew channel offline using haxchi.

How is the hacking scene? What is a hacked Wii U capable of? I did a bit of hacking when it was new, and hacked the vWii using Smashstack. Aside from that I haven't really touched it.

Because I only have a 16GB SD card and I'm too lazy to buy a bigger one. I've just been using cemu

Basically nothing.

Running pirated/patched shit. There's some homebrew that lets you dump games and stuff, but otherwise nothing really.

Read a little about this, is it now ready to replace Loadiine? I thought you needed a DS title on the WiiU to use it.

Well that fucking sucks

holy fuck

I've got no interest in hacking it until the homebrew scene has fully matured and delivered a few fine games that will warrant its use.
I've probably used it for a total of twenty hours, maybe 25, and it has to be one of the worst purchases in the last few years that I've made.

Following along with these videos, myself. Currently doing the IOSU exploit. No issues so far.

So Wii U hacking went somewhere? Well fuck. I thought that entire scene was dead.

Just finished. Haxchi and everything else works perfectly and I've already installed a game and ran it successfully.
Definitely recommend following the videos referenced in this post if you want to hack your Wii U:
This one is the starting point: youtube.com/watch?v=xJ8bQvUCeK4
Very simple and only took me an hour and a half, maybe a bit longer.

yo lad, been installing games to the internal HDD and was wondering about load times off of an external drive, are they decent or do they take the piss like back when you'd have to boot Wii U games via loadiine?

Sorry, I have no idea. I didn't even know Wii U hacking was a thing until I saw this thread. I just followed those videos and installed a game onto the Wii U's internal HDD, so I can't speak for anything else.

fug, thats cool man. I've only just got into the Brazilian scene myself, sticking to loadiine shit dfor the most part.

Was waiting for better methods. A few days ago I heard that you don't even need to mod anything or need to use Loadline anymore, so I'll have to look into it.

Can you eject your wii u sd card while just sitting on the home screen?

I've got a large SD card, was playing Xeno just fine with Loadiine.

If I bother getting up to speed again can I play SM3DW off SD with decent loadtimes?

Emulation > homebrew

Wait, can you piracy on WiiU?

Well I guess I'll be buying one of those.

Sure, providing emulation is actually in a useable state. CEMU's touchy as fuck and requires excellent hardware to get anything approaching good performance.

Fantastic piracy/emulation console if you get it up and running, only thing it can't run that came out before it is 3DS.

I can bring my Wii U to a party, get all the controllers hooked up, and play 8 player Sm4sh within 5 minutes. I wouldn't want to lug my gaming PC to a party, and even then I don't know if CEMU supports 8 Wiimotes/other controllers at once.
Emulation for single player, hardware for couch coop, hardware for me because my PC probably can't run CEMU anyway

All emulators start off rough I will admit cemu is shit for now. hopefully it'll get better with time like dolphin did.

Good joke.

Probably we'd sooner see Dolphin with Wii U support than we will CEMU in a user-friendly state. I'm surprised there's not basic Wii U compatibility with Dolphin yet, myself.

All I need to know to get me to start is one thing.

Can I the Jap version of Fatal Frame in English?

lel that looks like a face

yeah

let me get trips

what's the status on decensorship and general un-fuck patches for XCX and #FE?

Unsure of XCX or if it even has one, but a simple Jewgle search can fix that. #FE has a full re-translation patch and fixes the censored costumes and censored videos. The only thing it's missing is the Hot Springs DLC because those never existed in the US version and it can't be added in. I've nearly beaten the game using it patched on Loadiine, it works great. The overall game is okay, a 7/10 with that patch. The characters are alright, it's definitely more enjoyable if you like musicals/singing performances and actors. The combat is meh, actually slightly harder than Persona combat in some cases because you can almost never get rid of at least a major weakness. It's a little more generic JRPG than anything else Atlus has done, but if you want something like that, it's fun.

Can you patch games and pirate DLC yet?

Can you go online with out of region stuff?

I really want to - I want that delicious three generations of piracy.

However, I don't have a big enough SD card and I'm not really comfortable with shelling out that much moolah for a system I'll play occasionally at best.

i haven't hacked my Wii U yet because CEMU is making such massive improvements that purchasing this console right now is real fucking dumb. just like u, op

also there are no good games for the system so?????????

So it turns the game back into the cheesy weeb-thing it was originally intended to be? Sounds good.

Poor WiiU died of starvation
I own a WiiU

how many games do you have?

I only own like 12 games for the Wii u. I can't even think of anything else to buy on it

I wish Nintendo had kept the WiiU alive for a few more years with 3DS ports. A console dying after 4 years, 2 of which were droughts, is too sad.

Wait, I am a l33t haxx0r? How did you know, and how did I not?

Hell a decent laptop can be bought off ebay for less than 100 bucks.
Thank you very much disgruntled work employee who stole a bunch of office laptops on his way out.

Enjoy your Computrace

So i've got MochaCFW working, how do i go about getting the Tr4sh DLC if i have the game on disc?

It's getting there, new patches soon. Citra can already play Triple Deluxe and a few others perfectly as well.
cemu.info/changelog.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KNtb8DH93vA

I haven't hacked my Wii U yet simply because I'm lazy though, and I should probably get on that.

I have I just beat donkey dong returns and am starting dong freeze

Would you mind to explain?
I did this webexploit thing last year but since there was no CFW to install I just did not bother anymore.

Read the thread, faggit.

I ain't reading all that shit nigga

I am a complete newbie with this console.
Is that giant controller with the screen comfortable to play with? Do you get an alternative, normal controller with the system?

It's okay. The back is flat, which is a little uncomfortable, but it's generally fine. Games that use the screen well turn it into a pretty great asset (it's great for a menu/map screen that doesn't make you have to pause the game to switch items/use your map, so basically the same use that the DS has, but for a console), but that's sadly few and far between. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate uses it well. Most games just have it mirror the main screen.

It doesn't come with the system, but the Wii U Pro Controller is fucking fantastic. I don't even have my Wii U anymore and I have 4 of these things for PC use. Other than the lack of analog triggers, it's pretty much a perfect gamepad.

I'm not a poorfag

Wew, looks like trying to use loadiine.ovh twice without turning off the WiiU somehow fucks the SD up to the point where it needs to be reformatted and simply freezes on every attempt at launching the homebrew launcher.

To set up the hax, you need to use loadiine twice in a row, and that took a lot of attempts for me. After that, you probablynever need to touch the internet browser again.

you niggerfaggots still got archives of loadiine virtual console games cause I cannae seem to find any anymore

Is WiiU hacking to the point where I can install an app that just downloads the games right off Nintendo's server? Don't even have to track down ISOs or anything?

Last time I touched it was for playing the patched version of TMS like 6 months ago. I've already played pretty much everything in the library that's not shovelware other than W101 which doesn't look like it'd appeal to me. If proper, unlimited homebrew for it came out January 2016 like it was supposed to then I could have saved some money, but too little too late with these fucking moralfags that stall as much as they can before somebody in their circle inevitably leaks their shit at the end of the system's life.

Well, try W101 and see if ya like it. After that, if you really can't find any other game to play then just sell it and use the money to buy some other cracked console.

I lost the fucking Tablet that's why.

It's like 90% the size of the console. How the fuck do you manage that?

I have no idea. I've lost it around the time I bought my Dreamcast, it could be anywhere in this fucking house.

Well, look around, surely its somewhere.

With the size the gamepad is unless your house is a complete disaster the only place it can really be without sticking out is under a piece of furniture or in a drawer or cabinet.

After a few hours fucking with the damn thing i found out i don't actually have to format the sd card to get loadiine to work, but the fact that it's this fucking hard to get the thing to work twice in a row just to pirate some dlc makes me think this isn't really worth it.

did nintendo ever make it so you can buy replacement gamepads?

Yes, but only in Japan.

Sadly, no, and even if you were to import it I don't know if the gamepad itself is region locked. The only other option is to buy another goddamn Wii U used, if possible to loot its Gamepad. I'd suggest sending it in for repairs, but you can't exactly send a gamepad in for repairs if you can't even find it. Even then, I remember seeing that the cost to have Jewtendo repair your gamepad is like $90 bucks or something, and it's been why I've been putting off sending mine in.

I suppose this is as good a thread as any to ask. For some reason on the vWii mode Nintendon't sometimes doesn't like to boot up Gamecube games and I can't figure out why. If it manages to read the Gamecube games from the USB stick it'll try to load them and freeze. Nothing in the debugging logs or whatever indicate a problem so I wonder if it's a problem with something else.

I haven't checked on Wii U piracy for like a year. Are we still unable to install DLC or patches?

have you tried playing gamecube games from the sd card

different IP, same person
Yes and it results in the same thing, iirc. I might try playing around with it more come this weekend. Also has anybody figured out how to get the USB Gamecube Adapter to be recognized as a GC controller in vWii mode?

(checked)
Oh for fucks sakes. Nintendo is jewing us out on replacement tablets? And i thought the one rom a month for paying to play online on the switch was as bad as it could get. But i guess that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Because I buy the games I like to encourage the development of more games like them

Why do you think Nintendo is forced to rehash Mario and Zelda so much to stay in business

So what about this new hack?
Does WiiU finally have CFW or EMUNAND or is it still the same browser exploit to get homebrew menu and from there load your homebrew from SD?

rilly?

I have no real reason to hack mine at this point, I've already bought pretty much every major release I was even remotely interested in so it's a bit late to bother blowing it open, unlike my 3DS which still has a shitload of games worth pirating even after taking my own paid collection into account.

If anything I'll be more likely to just finish the games I already own that I haven't beaten or even touched (I bought Bayonetta 1&2 back when they came out and I still haven't even put them into the console yet for example), then sell it all off to pick up a Switch, because once the Switch comes out I don't see myself even keeping the Wii U out of its box. My PC and 3DS get far more use as it is.

Did you miss the part where voice chat will require a smartphone app?

After using iosu hax can you play the pirated games online? I know you can with the br method, but I don't even know what that method is.

The wiiu has been out for 5 years and still only has 3 games to speak for itself. It's possibly the worst console ever, even lower than the PS4.

So does anyone have Xenoblade Chronicles X with the latest undub patched in?

for itself, however the wii u stands on the crutch of being a gamecube wii and splatoon machine. the PS4 ain't got shit.

I'm gonna pirate BotW's horrible sabotaged WiiU version and pretend it makes up for this blunder.

PS4 has Bloodborne, Gravity Rush Remaster, soon Gravity Rush 2, and Persona 5 coming out in a few months. Not a very impressive library at all, but I think it still beats the Wii U.

I own a Wii U, by the way, so I'm not just shitting on it to troll or something. Pikmin 3 and Splatoon are literally the only games I've played on the Wii U that I thought were noteworthy.

Bloodbourne I'll give you, but gravity rush was vita first, and persona 5 is coming out on the ps3 too.

Yeah, those two were oversights on my part, obviously not true exclusives.

are you sure the WiiU just isn't weaker?

Except Gravity Rush 2 IS a PS4 exclusive, the fact that the first game was on the Vita doesn't change that.

Gravity Rush 2 isn't out yet.
It could be shit user.

Yeah, I said those two meaning Gravity Rush and Persona 5, since they aren't true exclusives. They're the best versions of their respective games, but they're not technically exclusive like Pikmin 3 and Splatoon are.

Fair enough.
Please be wrong.

pls respond

He was talking about the Wii U, not Switch, you dumb fuck.

pls respond

The demo was bretty gud, movement feels less clunky and much more fluid to control. The stasis throwing ability was revamped and is much quicker.
I also liked the Lunar and Jupiter style but didn't spend a lot of time messing around with it.
Honestly though, I'm more excited for Nioh since I liked Bloodborne.

Can I do it using a USB?

you can do brazilhax with usb aye, I'm yet to test it out to see the loading times though.

I'm gonna wait for my next paycheck and buy a 64GB usb and a reader for it. It'll come out to be like 30 bucks but I need a new one anyway.

The WiiU has no games fam

because I'm too lazy too.
I only hacked it just for ssb4 mods