F.E.A.R

ok I dont think many people give a shit about the plot, I dont think even the original devs cared, but I wanna talk about what 4 might have been. at the end of 3 good boy ending is you getting a new sibling, so what if in 4 you play as that sibling who has now inherited the enhanced reflexes like point man got. They could also have her or him get some brand new spanking powers to fuck around with.

I dont know who could be the villain since I am fairly sure armacham would be completely wiped out at this point. They could have fettel returning from the dead to try and absorb the new protagonist like he would have done in bad ending. Maybe a new villain even with some minor relation.
Obviously this wont happen, the series is fucking dead. The most I can realistically hope for is a reboot that is going to play more like CoD than anything. although a CoD clone would be better than the korean jewshit that was FEAR online.

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/fear-resurrection
youtube.com/watch?v=aXp0PisWGSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seriously though FEAR online was some kike shit.

If I had to guess, or write a plotline for it (and I wouldn't after what F3ar was) I'd go with a new threat in a whole new place.

Pointman and little brother were projects. Miltary one's. Pretty much weapons, right?
Well, when you make a weapon, you do it to kill something you can't kill with current weapons.
I'd have a new threat appear, the one they were originally made to counter.
Now, to make the story slightly more interesting, I'd have Pointman start with "fuck no" attitude. He doesn't want to be a weapon anymore, he wants to raise the little tyke to be a good boy. So you play the first few levels as Pointman. Then shit gets fucked when the new threat decides it ain't gonna leave him alone.
And he dies.

Yes, I realize most folks wouldn't want to see him die, but honestly, killing an old character is often the best way to make the series move forward with something new.
You'd just have to make sure he dies a badass death and nearly kills the New Threat so it's not a pointless "rock falls, Pointman dies".

Now you play as the little Tyke. He's 16 (technically) doesn't speak and can't act like a normal human being. Which ain't a problem because:
a) 50% of the time is spent on a fucked Earth that is all covered in spooky shit and people are terrified
b)The other 50% of the time you spend on another dimension full of ass-raping creatures.

Ayup, you heard me. The game kinda already touches on extra dimensions and shit. Take that shit up to eleven. Just make a new dimensions where laws of physics are haywire, non-euclidian spaces, walking on walls during combat, all sorts of weird shit and bosses.
Then you constantly pop back in Earth for re-supplies and fending off the ocasional no-lube-ass-rape entity invasion.

Plot points to increase tension (pick 2 or 3, not more else it gets real retarded, real fast):

All in all, you take the Shadow Warrior 2 and put F3ar in it. Heck, even the first one would do without all that extra shit.
Heck, the very first Shadow Warrior was great too and that would work.
I just like Shadow Warrior, why not play that instead?
Because F.E.A.R. was a fucking great game and now the series is dead. FUCK.

F.E.A.R 2 was a gigantic let-down, and I put it down midway through. I haven't touched the series since then (2009). I heard F.3.A.R was total shit; more like call of duty than a psychological horror shooter. Sad.

Gameplay-wise they have very little difference. Both play like mediocre shit. The scares are not scary except for some few good mindfucks in the school in 2. 2 also has ghost-tits, but overall it has worse atmosphere and story than F3AR.

It also came to my mind that FEAR1 had mapping tools, but I've never heard of community-made content. Were the tools unusably difficult or what?

I just play F.E.A.R from time to time, and I tend to ignore the other two. Maybe I'll finish F.E.A.R 2 some day, when I have more time. There are much better games out there to play.

I dont think they were made to counter anything particular, I think alma was just born a psychic and her dad wanted to weaponize that, still though it would be interesting if some other crazy psychic like alma was born and ended up terrorizing things. Would also give you a reason to go "renegade" since the 2 psychics might have something in common, they both got fucked over by the people around them.

I genuinely had no idea. Although I did always wonder why no one other than monolith ever used the Lithtech engine, It seems like a great engine and it runs really well.

Maybe the engine is just hard to work with and that's why no moddding community or any other devs ended up using them.

i palyed f3ar all the way through and i dont remember one thing from it other than a ghost dude and a prison on a ship or some shit

I thought FEAR, PM, and XP had a pretty cool story.
I especially liked the quasi-fourth wall breaking when Fettel asks the player if he even knows what his name is. Since you take for granted that games often just don't tell you what your character's name is.

There's quite a lot that you can get to through the community run online FEAR. Co-op missions and stuff.

Oh I know. In-game they never outright state "We made you to kill this thing".
It's the old sorta-stupid plot hook where a large shady group wants to make a perfect killer for REASONS.
There we go.

What I meant was that, while the previous games didn't outright said that, FE4R (yes, you know them well that would be title, don't fight it) would grab that idea out of the bag. It's not new, but it doesn't break the story and is a good explanation as any to justify why the ground has teeths and the sky's all fucked up and you gotta go shoot something up before you're home for dinner.

And of to bed with me, cause if typed something like that, I clearly am feeling the effects of sleep deprivation.

Tell me, are Extraction Point, Perseus Mandate, 2, and 3 worth playing? Even if the sequels are worse can there still be some enjoyment to be found in them?

Yes, Yes, Yes, No.

Anything else doesn't exist. Don't talk about it. Talk about what?

I'm not sure. What was it that doesn't exist that we were not suppose to talk about?

The expansions are essentially just map packs, so it'll depend on whether or not you simply want more FEAR gameplay. The sequels are console trash and do not exist.

post fear lewds

FEAR is one of those games I could not give less of a shit about the plot, even if it's constantly thrown at my face. I just wanted to shoot some niggers with my shotgun and nailgun, and that I did.

I'd love for another fear game, but they'd need to take every single man who ever worked on 3 and bring them to a ditch in new mexico

Preggo Alma and her new kid could easily be the new plot in it's entirety, one team of guys trying to stop the tyke and pointman and then pointman and the tyke as the two perspectives on the story. Imagine fighting off a deranged pointman, a ghost fetus, and then Alma. Some ghost shenanigans and then maybe some "being hunted" gameplay trying to avoid pointman sounds like a good mix, kinda like if alien isolation actually had gameplay or like a better big sister from bioshock 2
Hell maybe a 4th game would be best played with the Wade family being all non-playable and the player character being more of a weaker character in comparison, maybe like a civi or another rookie

I could dream forever on this topic, as I was late to the party on F.E.A.R but it was the best shooter I'd ever played. And then the expansions were good, and then 2 was disappointing, and then I felt betrayed by 3

I need this.

I have too much shit to play already. Fuck you OP for making this thread, the urge to reinstall is rising within me.

Are there any other FPS with AI as good as the first FEAR?

Are there any notable mods/community maps for FEAR? I found it pretty enjoyable but after playing through it a few times over the last few years and acing the challenge missions in the second expansion pack there isn't really much left for me to do in the base game.

The first game got so much right and they struck gold with that formula. Damn publishers had to make it like CoD and other generic FPS games didn't they?

I'm really curious about something. How many of you have actually played FEAR 2/3 and how many of you have stayed away because of how bad it's been said to be?

I tend to avoid things that get panned, there are plenty of good games around, and hell even good mods/community content for many games, why waste my time picking through second rate games when I can play good stuff? I avoided DaS 2 and 3 on the same principle.

I played them on release without knowing much about them

I played FEAR 2, the gunplay was mediocre and it lost the ability to genuinely unnerve and spook the player like the first game did
they aren't lying when they say its casualized console garbage
never even bothered playing FEAR 3 cos i knew it would be more of the same

honestly when boiled down the story was very basic, it was the way it was revealed to you and the way it was designed to strike emotional chords that made it compelling
it makes you feel a real sense of sorrow for what happened to alma, rage against the people that did it and revulsion for what she and fettel have become in the present day

I have played it all and while I like FEAR 2 despite everything it is nowhere near as good as FEAR 1.

I dont want to believe. if for some god forsaken reason FE4R actually happens I wouldn't know what to think.

sweet memories raped in one sentence

I bought FEAR 2 for less than 5 bucks, it's a physical copy; but I can't install it without Steam, does anyone knows how to install it without getting a fucking Steam account? I kinda want to give it a go, I'm starving for FPS (and the box has been collecting dust for the past three years).

I don't doubt that the only thing on that disk is the files to make steam install the game.

find and download a torrent of the game instead

Thanks.

Also while were on monolith is shogo mobile division good? I really want a game based entirely around the mech segments in FEAR 2 but that wont happen because the game is dead.

of course goyim! if we do the exact thing they do that means they will also buy our stuff even though they already have CoD! :^)

There's resurrection: moddb.com/mods/fear-resurrection
It's worth noting that this won't work with the Steam version of F.E.A.R. if you install it outside of the original steam directory (i.e. choose to install it to a different drive). There's a way to swap the game back into the original one without reinstalling it if you've done that.

Shogo is fine but has the same strange issue Blood 2 had with AI that feels too accurate when you're on foot. It's sort of like fighting someone who is aimbotting and trying (badly) to hide it but the game is still playable. The mech sections are good fun though a bit faster paced than in F.E.A.R. 2.

Was the story and the franchise the part you liked most about FEAR? If so that's pretty weird, I mean it was all about the gameplay, the squad based encounters, the Michael Bay in the good old Heat days style destruction, and the shotgun (god bless that fucking shotgun). If you're looking for another FEAR game, yeah, you're gonna be disappointed and it's gonna be shit because now it's just a license. What you should be doing is looking for a spiritual successor with the same thrilling action.

I used to really like the story of FEAR but then 3 came along and killed my love for it, the story and the series, I even liked 2 even though it was nowhere near as good as the first.
If they ever do another fear game I would like to see them explore the universe more, the idea of special forces in a world of paranormal was awesome. New characters and new story in the same world. There's no point carrying on the butchered mess of the current story.

Some pictures I remembered I had, no idea how much truth there is to them.

I've seen theories along the lines of it being largely inspired by certain cyberpunk animes so you might look into that (take out cyberpunk elements, replace with spooky mind control and you're done). The horror is certainly inspired by J-horror and old monolith were big enough weebs to make Shogo - a game the is quite literally a mecha anime.

nah it was the gameplay, I just like the story and atmosphere as well. There aren't a lot of horror themed shooters you know.

FEAR 2 always felt more horror oriented than FEAR 1.

Shit I remember missing 90% of Alma in FEAR 1 because i was admiring my sick ass feet all day. In FEAR 2 she's raped down your throat until you get the thirst for that ghost pucci

For FEAR 1, I have to agree. The weaponry was fantastic I thought, the shotgun and nailgun was what I remember most about the game. I can't remember much about the sequels, which I whipped through, just a neat nuclear blast and kinda neat prison environment in the last. The story was sort of filler in between the action and some jump scare attempts. The first one was a good time.

I love Alma with all of my heart. In all shapes and sizes.

I'll always have a place in my heart for F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2.

I like FEAR 2 more than FEAR.
Come at me.

FEAR 3 is CoD-tier garbage though

FEAR 3 had a better atmosphere than 2, and it has at least a story that is finished.

It hurts.

both fear 1 expansion were pure shit. the second one was one of the worst fps ive ever played.

put more effort into your bait user

you should kill yourself with that much shittaste

Never played FEAR.
What's the optimal way?
1 > Expansions for 1 > 2 > Expansions for 2 > 3?
Are there any overhaul mods I should get for first/second runs?

I assume only WB gets money anymore, so I'll just pirate it, but is the online still alive in any of the 3 games?

I could understand not liking PM but Extraction Point is good and a good ending for the first game.

What do you mean by optimal?
The only ones you really need are 1 and expansions.
There's some debate which one is less shit than the other about the sequels, but they are both shit none the less.

For me it's more like:
Doom > F1 + expansions > Quake > School-level from F2 = Call of Duty: Modern Warfare > F3 >> F2 = Legendary

Yeah, Perseus Mandate has some rough edges, but it still has cool moments and ideas overall.

There's only one expansion for 2 and it's fucking tiny (I think less than two hours total) but yes, that order is fine. Feel free to dump 2 if you aren't getting into it but it does pick up after a few hours if you stick with it. Also there's a strange issue for many people with the PC version that leads to very quiet sound, apparently the game thinks headphones = 5.1 surround sound or something. I've never found a way to fix it satisfyingly.

And there are some retarded issue where certain mouse drivers cause significant framerate drops.

I only got spookled twice in the first game,
should I see my psychiatrist more often? Either I'm going blind or I might just be a sociopathic loser who can't get horror feelies.

It's not that spooky really. It's more about the general eerie feeling. The expansions have much better actual spookiness.

Isn't that an issue also with the first game? I didn't experience it in either, for what it's worth.

How spooky you find the game depends on the environment you play it in (dark/late at night, alone, good headphones are very important) and how good you are at seeing through the game's horror mechanics. Personally I found it fairly scary the first time through, had a similar experience to you the second time through and nowadays don't play it like a horror game at all.

nah the game isn't really scary, some spooky atmosphere and jump scares but nothing to be horrified by.

bugger, i uninstalled last week.

I did all three, but only ran gameu at 768p at med grafix, because lighting

But really, user, it's not as much of a horror game than it's a shooter. Dunno what you were expecting.

Well as I said it also depends on how easily you can see through what the game is doing. I don't particularly like horror games and so don't play them and was not originally very good at spotting shit coming. I suspect people with more experience with the genre are less easily fooled.

I dislike the weapons in F.E.A.R 2, they have the same feel as the weapons in Crysis 2, which were also horrible.

the horror in FEAR is not about trying to make you wet yourself, it'd be silly to be kung-fu chopping Stormtroopers amidst a storm of gore and bullets in one section only to hide like a little bitch in another section
It's Japanese horror, meaning it's aimed at making you feel unnerved and unsettled as opposed to shocked and hysteric. It keeps you on your toes so you'll always stay immersed

bump.

FEAR 1 + expansions. Keep in mind expansions are not canon with the other games.
Then FEAR 2 + expansion if you want. It's a downstep from FEAR 1 but I still think it's good.
Don't bother with FEAR 3. It's irredeemable trash.

that was such a cool moment in vidya. It was dark, interesting, and twisted. They didn't even tell you it was rape and you had to figure out how you felt about the whole ending.

Sucks what happens to Becket in the sequel though.

Imagine the outcry if a female character got raped. Fuck it remember the bitching about the possible game-over rape in Tomb Raider 2013? That was avoidable too and much less explicit.

I remember that too, and teh outrage over the devs saying you'd want to protect lara.

Spot on. I really like Harlan's character: despite all the fucked up things he did, he eventually get remorses and attempts to fix it; I feel like he takes much more responsibilities than he should, while Genevieve is acting like a manipulative cunt, unwilling to address anything she did wrong. He also knew that, no matter how hard he tries, it's not going to end well for him…
I think I like how characters interact and relate to each other.

bumpo

Perseus Mandate was the best FEAR game ever.

Grant Goodeve delivered a fantastic VO as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=aXp0PisWGSo