Greetings from 2009. How do I defeat the spider boss in Xenoblade Chronicles...

Greetings from 2009. How do I defeat the spider boss in Xenoblade Chronicles. The first true boss is the hardest boss I ever fought and I can't figure out how to survive. You can not time the shield right because of all the little enemies it is too hard.

I could never get that far, the robot with a stupid name that didn't get hurt by my attacks always defeated me instantly.

You don't even fight that enemy, it's a story element. Oh well I guess I never will see how good this game is because they throw a really hard boss at you near the beginning of the game that requires mechanics you can't utilize with so many enemies.

Xord, that was his name. Fuck that nigger

use the skill that just unlocked

You can shield whoever you want but the little spiders knock the shield off before the boss uses it's KO attack. It's not possible to do what the game tells you to do. Not with 8 spiders attacking you.

the shield only blocks monster's unique skills. With this boss's case it only blocks Arachnae strike I or whatever the fuck it's called. Normal skills without a roman numeral are not blocked by the shield, a separate mondo art you get much later in the game deals with normal damage. When you get the vision of the boss killing shulk/reyn with that skill, toss up the shield and you'll get a special screen effect showing you blocked it.

I'll try it I guess. They just shouldn't give you so many enemies…

And then the music will go BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
BWWA WA WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WA WA A A AWAW

Feelio when I want to play this game, but it freezes incessantly when I emulate it.

steal a n3ds and cfw it

Don't you mean. DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNANA DUNANA DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUNANA DUNANA

Did you figure out where you went retard during a tutorial boss?

The little enemies might be there to build your talent art gauge? I'm not sure how exactly that one works, but I'm bad at video games and will probably get gud or break the game over my knee (metaphorically) by the time I get to the bonus bosses.

The ultimate bonus boss has a chance you instantly kill you each time you deal damage if you don't have max protection against Death.

I'm sure it has at least one spike as well, so that's something else I'd need to protect against. However, if I stack agility then I should at least be able to dent it, from what I know about it being a broken stat. I'll work out the details later. I played X before this, because I like giant robots and exploration, and I half-assed some of the more broken builds in that game because I couldn't use online while pirating. I was still able to beat every bonus boss pretty much without too much sweat, but I know Xenoblade is far less broken generally.

instant death is the spike. It's also 25 or so levels higher than your max level so you also need to raise your hit chance.

get good

Yeah, that's what agility is for. I've heard the night vision gems help too? I haven't even reached Prison Island so I'm a long way off from doing anything not shit.

Is it gonna be shit?

I'll get my time machine and let you know.

Thanks fam.

The little shits help you build up the talent gauge. Similar happens in later boss fights too.

Could always get a Wii, mod it, and run it off a USB, since even post reprint it's one of the pricier Wii games. Or do what says, though I expect that the game will be worse graphically, the way Tales of the Abyss' 3DS port was compared to the PS2 original (screen differences and all).

Mechanically, not sure. But I expect that the localization will be fucked, especially if NoA or Treehouse is the English team.

"GUYS I TYPED IT AGAIN"

No I'm talking about the one that goes
BAAAAAAAAWOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's funny because Xeno and Chrono are the same series.

All I know is that red bitch and the sword both have green Zohars on them.

I can't wait to pirate it in Holiday 2018 because it gets fucking delayed because Monolith can't finish a game on time.

She's probably the sword, and being taken to Elysium. Blonde girl might also be a sword.

I know you're half shitposting, but how does Chrono Cross tie in to that? I mean, didn't the director work on Cross before Xenogears? How does Lucca being in Xenogears tie into that too. And I guess how did humanity get back to dinosaur times after launching Deus? Is there some eternal recurrence bullshit happening? I don't fucking know. Trying to make sense of the connections between the Xeno- games outside of some hints at -gears late in -saga is a little futile, especially since the only game that got finished is Xenoblade and that was mostly self contained until he skipped 8 games and went straight to X. I wouldn't be surprised if they released Xenoblade X II some time after XB2, and it skipped 11.

I think it will be exactly the same as XC1 only more cliche.

Do you think the Switch will be as emulatable as the Wii U? We're making very rapid leaps and bounds with cemu and the wii is completely done I hope the switch is done just as fast so we could get the 3 games for the system we want and not have to spend $300 on a POS computer from nintendo again.

My brother is a Splatoon addict so I offered to go half in on one with him. It will also help to keep it on a low firmware for piracy if he doesn't want to pay for online when the free period ends. Also, why do you think it will be more cliche? I haven't seen too many love stories between a boy and his sword, but I haven't been paying attention much to them.

What's more important is that you can actually the NP version this time

I think it will be more cliche because there's no fresh blood in the industry anymore. It will be the same story almost scene for scene that we saw in a JRPG a decade or so ago, just like XB1 was.

He's really hard, I beat him by luck and now I'm on my way to Colony 6.

Explicitly yes, Xenosaga 3. Go read the other Xenoblade thread, it ties it all up. Lavos is a fragment of Deus ejected after the end of XG, which is why Queen Zeal becomes Miang after being possessed by Lavos, same with Schala in Chross. How it temporally relates is questionable, it could have be transferred through the Path of Sephirot and sent back in time or to another worldline, through th higher order Domain. Xenoblade 1 takes place in a bubble universe created through a Zohar Phase Transfer experiment, and might have been what caused humanity to flee Lost Jerusalem.

So FF7 and Parasite Eve are also sequels? And how does World of Final Fantasy or Project X Zone 2 tie into this?