Yfw the Resident Evil 2 remake ends up becoming a Switch exclusive

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Five#Resident_Evil_4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds fine to me

I want to buy the console but its lacking for me right now. I also wanted to play re2 properly but user said to wait for the remake and hope its decent

Yeah because Resi Revelations originally being a 3DS exclusive didnt fucking destroy its reach.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU WHORE
SHUT UP

If dubs this is a guarantee

That would be great.

The salt alone would make it worth it

ahah fuck you lad

You may have trips but guess what, fuck you too

Reminder that this is Capcom we're talking about, terrible decisions are what they do.

it'll be garbage regardless of what it comes out on.

boy I liek mudkipz

I prefer Lana much more myself, but not even a Lana dating sim would make me want to buy the Switch.

(checked)
What about a Lana fucking sim?

I dont see a way it wont be ported to PC in one way or another.

Fuck yeah a game from 19 years ago! That's almost new compared to the 26 year old game!

It's a remake

The gamecube doesn't even have REmake anymore

Why wouldn't we?

And then they released it to PS2 later on.

Still not enough, also it's Nintendo so it would get censored.

Those seem like fair reasons to at least wait a while.

This is bad why? Most good games are single-player only.

Because not paying for online while still buying the console says to the company that they have nothing to lose from doing so.
It also means an additional charge for the best part of some games that you've already paid for (monhun).

It's a free market, pal. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Guess no more farming garugas for me then.

I don't know how preorders running out is a bad thing. That means more guinea pigs to test it out at launch.
I will give you the lack of miiverse. It was a goldmine.

Don't meme magic it faggot.

Nice try schlomo

that was capcom being shit heads after promising Nintendo that they'd be giving them Resident Evil. When Re4 was a success, they decided to port it cause Sony was upset they lost their franchise.

Resident Evil 1 remake was also a gamecube exclusive for a long time too.

once Scorpio and PS5 come out, it will be the cheapest Next gen console

looked fine to me

you mean like every other home console? Also, it seems like Nintendo is softening the blow by putting more emphasis back on local multiplayer and single player games. So far, Splatoon 2 will have improved local multiplayer and won't just be meant to be an online only game like its predecessor and Bomberman R is also being hyped for both its local and online capabilities, and 1-2 Switch is also a strictly local multiplayer party game. All we need now is Mario Party.

The Wii U was really unfriendly to local multiplayer, bu the switch seems like Nintendo is trying to find some kind of balance and knows that there is going to be some people unable to pay right away for their online service.

Yeah that does suck, but it's not like the games are any pricier individually than any other consoles. Video games in general seem to be getting more expensive that it sometimes pays just to wait until the current gen goes obsolete to pick up all the games you missed.

it looks like Nintendo is going the route of social media apps on your smartphone and shit. But the Mii's themselves seem like they're staying since you see them in the mash up trailer at the end of the latest presentation

Yeah, but it took much longer for that to happen than with Resident Evil 4.

The reason RE4 got ported to PS2 was cause Capcom saw that RE4 was a hit and wanted to port it over to the console that was selling the best at the time, despite the fact that they were making the move to make main Resident Evil titles for Nintendo. RE1 Remake was good, but it never approached the sales that RE4 did that Capcom felt a big need to port it, and Nintendo probably would have been even more upset with them had they done that at the time.

So? Just because other people do it, doesn't mean it's a good thing.

That's not the point. Most people are willing to pay Sony & Microsoft and damn sure Nintendrones will pay up.

Every thread until you faggots stop talking about REmake 2 like it's gonna be good.

Capcom recently ported so many RE games to PC, that I don't see RE2make being exclusive to anything. It wouldn't make sense for Capcom to throw away all that money.

They ported it because the sales of the GC were fucking nothing compared to the PS2. Thankfully they ported it to everything so i don't have to touch that shitty lunchbox to play it.

They said that about WoW, and look where we are now. "If you don't like it don't buy it" is just a lame excuse by people who refuse to vote with their wallet because they have no willpower. As for me I have not purchased any nintendo content since the gamecube because I don't like motion controls. My money is better spent elsewhere, and nintendo monetizing their online service will only make me avoid them more.

Most third parties have more immediate interest in making a game for every console especially if the game was developed cheaply. But there is still benefit to designing a game exclusively for one console.

The main problem with X-Box and Playstation right now is that they're literally clones of one another and also inferior PC's. So the only way to keep third parties making exclusives is to essentially bribe them or get them into a contract.

The Switch has the advantage of offering a more unique playstyle and being less powerful and thus probably cheaper to develop for, similar to the way the Wii was. As long as the console sells well in the end, Nintendo might be lucky to end up getting more third party exclusives than its competitors.

What are you talking about, it's the complete opposite. The people who don't like the game yet still buy it and support certain industry trends are the ones to blame for having no willpower or no higher standards for themselves.

Just because everyone else does it doesn't make it right.

More like nice try, komrade.

it's not about right or wrong. It's just that I doubt paid online service is gonna severely hurt Switch sales since people pay more to Sony & Microsoft just to play Battlefield or Overwatch for 9 hours a day. If anything will hurt Switch sales, it's the lack of some killer online titles that will get people addicted enough that they'll desperately or begrudgingly pay when it's time.

BURN IN HELL COMMIE

How many games are actually going to use the extra features on the Switch though? I think it's only advantage over other systems is it's smaller expectation for visual fidelity and it's portability, this could bring over a lot of Japanese developers who are more interested in making a fun game than making a cinematic experience with min sales expectations of 3 million titles before factoring in the games promotional costs, but even then the PS4 has a massive install base, it's at 50 million already and even small companies would find that more attractive than the Switch's probable 2-3 million by New Years, although from what I've read/heard it's already sold out in a lot of places.

Wrong, the RE/Biohazard series was doing so poorly on the NGC that they developed the ps2 port before the NGC one was released.

>Resident Evil 4 was the only game of the five to remain confirmed as a GameCube exclusive; Mikami claimed that he would "cut his own head off" (a Japanese colloquialism for quitting his job) if it were to be released on another platform.[37] However, just two months before the game's January 2005 release, Capcom revealed that a PlayStation 2 port would be published nine months after the GameCube version in response to pressure from users and shareholders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Five#Resident_Evil_4

That ain't gonna happen with modern Capcom.

That's fine m8 to each it's own being games or consoles of choice

But user the PC release was in 2007

No it won't.

Well, to be honest, the feeling I get is that for Capcom, RE2 is not as important when it comes to sales as RE7. I could easily see RE7 being on X-Box and PS4, but RE2 being on Switch because it's less money they have to spend on a game that probably isn't going to sell as much to the mass market. Biohazard may be an iconic franchise with many devoted fans, but at the same time, I really don't think the RE2 remake will end up being as profitable as 7 which by itself is going to attract a larger casual market. One of my friends for instance is one of those people who has never played any other Resident Evil than 5 but is now hyped cause of RE7 and wants to start getting into the rest of the series.

While I'm not saying it is likely, it wouldn't be totally irrational for neo-Capcom to decide that RE7 is going to be the title marketed to the masses on the other consoles while RE2 will be made for a more niche demographic of old school Resident Evil fans and makes a deal with Nintendo like they did with the RE1 remake

Why was Mikami so passionate about keeping it on Gamecube to begin with?

I wish all you redditor lot where shoaed.

RE2 is their 4th highest selling game of all time, and that's only counting the PS1 sales. I wouldn't consider RE2make as delegated to minimal sales already.

Are you retarded user?
RE2 is to RE what FFVII is to FF everyone is gonna want to sink their thumbs on it when it comes out
Besides remeber the RE1 rebake for Gamecube?, you can bet your ass all RE fanboys do, and the fact that we haven't seen even a single screenshot from it still give us all a sliver of hope that REmake2 will be just like REmake1, New renders and character models whit a few new surpirses included in the story, map, and mechanics but general gameplay remaining the same

RE7 is a game for casuals, all they've done so far is ripoff style from Outlast and plot from Texas Chainsaw Masacre. and when it comes out it's gonna have to compete with Scorn and Agony, 2 more games in also ripping off style form games like Outlast or Amnesia, but still being original enough to stand out by themselves

The Evil Within was the ture succesor to RE that everyone wanted, sadly it got fucked by Bethesda shoehorning their shitty crafting/leveling mechanics, leaving the game ridden with bugs and axing the meat of the story to resell it later as DLC.
But if you can ignore all that that game is basically like a "Shinji Mikamy's greates hits" remix album

You are talking out of you ass user
REmake copyed the map design and story but all the render backgrounds and character models where brand new
Al that work cost moeny, a lot of money.
Spending so much in the name of fan service is the exact oposite of Jewery

They even included a couple of new areas to explore, new enemies, new mechanics and they all made RE veterans like myself shit my pants

You will never know the fear of entering a room where you know you left a zombie corpse cus you ran outta gas and now there is a chance he may reawaken as a Crimsom Head

REmake fags are dense as a fucking brick wall.

I do remember the remake. I also remember how Capcom for some strange reason took the game that was one of the few titles responsible for Sony even becoming a competitor in the game world and instead of putting the remake on the Playstation's successor which most people owned, Capcom chose instead to put it on the Gamecube of all systems despite it being the lowest selling platform.

I also remember how Capcom had been planning to move Resident Evil to Nintendo even back during the 64 era, with Zero being redone as a gamecube exclusive title following its being a 64 exclusive and RE2's 64 version being positively received.

The idea that Capcom may return to Nintendo is not farfetched. From a sales perspective, it might seem a little unreasonable to put RE2 on a Nintendo console, but at the same time, RE2's remake is coming out some 20 years after the original version with most younger gamers probably never having played it, as opposed to the RE1 remake which came out only about 6 or 7 years after the original release. And considering Capcom's general direction with the Resident Evil franchise, they may decide that RE2 is better on the Nintendo console where if it isn't a hit, it will still likely make its money back and if it is a hit, they can just port it later.

Heres your reply

Oh look
Another one
Thank god I will never be this new

You think that playing REmake is this super special obscure thing? Nigger i played that shit on my Wii and i wasn't amused.

Keep going
Next you'll tell me the original game is just like all these shitty remasters

I'm guessing it had to do with his team trying their best to make biohazard 0/Resident Evil Zero and the remakes the best games they could. It should have been enough to keep the Dreamcast with Code Veronica and the NGC with their remakes and 0/4 going. Instead they were blindsided by market forces and had to support a platform and customer base nobody liked supporting.

Consider how shitty their newer games are, would you rather have yet another team based FPS on the RE IP like umbrella corps or an HD remake of a decent game?

Eh? What, i'm not wasting my time with an autism grandmaster like you. Good day sir.

I would understand if it was a remake of a bad game that had some potential. But this is kikery of the highest bagel.

Hes shitposting loudly
I don't have any faith on it or modern CapCom, but this faggot is here to shitpost.

Heres your reply
>>>/suicide/

I remember some of us gamecube owners back then were really upset about that and just felt like Capcom lied to us.

But I guess my question is why Mikami and his team didn't want to support PS2 anymore? Was there something that Sony did to piss them off or was it just that they loved the Gamecube as a console that much? Even us Gamecube owners were totally surprised that the Resident Evil team wanted to move the main series as a Nintendo console exclusive.

I hope that wasn't your only console

What the fuck are you nigger doing in a RE tread if you obviously don't even like the game in the first place
if RE is Goku the REmake is Goku gone Super Saiyan
Everything i loved about the original was imporbed in the REmake, the emiroments the lighting, the athmosphere
REmake was beatifull, a work of art no matter where you look at it, you can tell the people that made it loved the original and knew exactly what in needed to become even better
No Jew would have ever been able to create such beatifull a work of art while having so much respect and love for the original workd they were REmaking

Plebs like you deserve the same fate as the kikes ruining this industry

I'm here to discuss Resident Evil even if 3 was the only one that i enjoyed.

It was shit to develop and japaneses people started to dislike general Sony for jewing them with cheap parts and betraying them.

If it was so shit to develop for then why did it outsold and completely blew the competition out of the water worldwide?

Opps I forgot to leave behind any optimism and hope before posting here, you're right. A modern rendition of RE2 will have ink ribbons that cost real money and it'll be online only even if it's single player.

You'd think the nips would have a tiny bit of pride left in the works they produce but it's a global market nowadays. Everything has turned to shit.

We usually had one console per generation until halfway when prices dropped on other consoles. Gamecube was our first console of that gen, then we got a PS2 later. But I remember mostly just playing PS1 games on it.

I'm just expecting a hastily done piece of shit with that tries to mimic the OG but is instead casualized and with certain sections cut of.
Monetization is the least of my problems and I doubt they'll add shit like that.

Because it was a cheap DVD player, dumbass. :P Shame sonyroach, I know your shilling company better than you.

lol that why PS2 old style are tanks that still run to this day

I fucking hate that dog and all of its supporters.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE