ARE YOU A REAL VILLAIN?

ARE YOU A REAL VILLAIN?

Holla Forums, I want to catch a good guy, like a real superhero. Have you ever tried a disguise? ever played or heard of any decent games where I can exercise my desire to be a villainous megalomaniac?

Also, I've also been playing the new age of wonders 3 a lot recently, I love the good/evil alignment and customization for each ruler! Would endless legend provide a similar experience, and should I get all the DLC for it? Am willing to try extensively beforehand of course ;)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/246620/
kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/updates
nexusmods.com/evilgenius/mods/7/?
breedingseasongame.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/breeding-season-is-over-s-purple-has.html?zx=b17f67333fb82a26
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Look at this game
That I just found
When I say God
Be ready to throw Greeks

There needs to be more villain games. I'm not sure why no one has created a pandemic-like video game considering how successful the flash game was.

Fuck Madagascar

Its actually fun, i got it from a bargain bin

There is already a pandemic clone, but it plays so similarly it's not worth mentioning it.

that used to be one of my favorite games, despite all the bugs. its a shame it will never get a sequel

I just replayed Evil Genius a week ago. It has to be one of the best management games.
Back in 2013 when the devs were working on Evil Genius Online (a mobile game), they said they'd want to make a proper sequel for EG after that. I want to believe.

Example:
You have to kill all the greater villains on the map. These are things like human and elf settlements. Lesser villains are bandit tribes and notable monsters like giant spiders.

I want to like thos game but goddamn

Name? Should at least check it out.

Decent series user, I still remember following that fucking priest around that mountain with the dodgy camera in the first game. NeverAgain. Don't think I ever picked up the second because of that.. That and it was so fucking slow.

They released one that was clearly influenced by it, it was called Plague Inc: Evolved, and it was fairly decent if a tad repetitive.. Also clicking all the pop ups became annoying as time went on. The looping music was also annoying after a while, just like in the flash version.

An underrated game to an underrated film? Hmm.. Shame it's only for EXBAWKZ though.

It was a very decent game.. Couldn't play it without mods though, you would constantly be retraining your minions otherwise which is what I often ended up doing

They still have a site up about it user, but it's for mobile/facebook only.. I wonder why it flopped

NOW WATCH, AND LEARN; HERE'S THE DEAL
On this note I'd like to play homage to Overlord, one of the greatest villain sims of our time. Also is Dungeons 2 worth getting? The premise seems interesting well getting to be a real villain is mainly

No
The entire series is pretty bad

Shit.. But I need to fulfill my desire to be an evil villain somehow!

are you kidding?
store.steampowered.com/app/246620/

And to thing we could've had a comfy EG thread instead of this shit tier bait.

Absolutely not. I was legit stunned by just how mucch they managed to fuck the entire concept up. You weren't the master of a dungeon anymore, you were essentially running a themepark

What the fuck did you expect?

it would be great if somebody actually took the concept further rather than doubling down on mobile shit. They even made a game that innovated about pig flu, but then went back to original formula and just stagnated

What in the fuck is going on in this thread? Is this some sort of code?

What's going on is how you can't even tell if we're being raided or not

I also replayed it a few weeks ago. It was shit. Maybe I was doing something wrong but I hated having to wait so long for shit to happen, and I generally like management games.

I leave for 5 minutes and come back to this happening.

… Huh. You could have said something else besides being a faggot you know user.

Oh shit.. I got the ID's the wrong way round.. Yup. This thread is cursed. Sorry guys

Stop having an inefficient clusterfuck of a base and maybe your guys will spend more time getting shit done and less time bumping into each other.

I seem to recall a game called "That which Sleeps" which was under development, and you play a ctuhlu-like eleder god

I fucking love you, user. I noticed the game several months ago, but then forgot how it was called and couldn't find it anymore. Thanks

I hear development is closed.

Also Dominions 4.

It isn't sleeping anymore. It's dead.

FUCK!

The other user who replied is probably right, but there is also the gameplay overhaul mod, which speed up all the waiting. It's still in active development and it makes the game far too easy at the moment, but I think they have some good ideas.

Not a scam. Game almost finished but autor lost AI developer and development goes stale. Game without AI - dead game.

You earned this, fam.

Sounds like a scam or gross incompetence to me

Seems cool m8

kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/updates
Nah it's still sleeping seemingly

Hey, for all we know it could be, it was supposed to be released in summer 2015, and a year and a half later it's still not up to scratch.. Certainly worthy of skepticism.

I remember checking steam when I first heard of that game.. If I recall it sold for about £120.. What the fuck was that about? That put me off and I haven't really wondered much about it since.. What is it actually about?

Or the nigga could just release the game as is and then allow the source code to be edited so that people can play it some point

I'm more disturbed that you have that saved on your computer and taking up 10.6mb of storage tbh fam

Breeding season all over again

Apply yourself faggot

Here the thread

Here's my base. I'll admit that it's not well optimized, but even still I'm of the opinion that a lot of things in the game just take too long.

also share some basebuilding tips

When you understand the setting (done via unlocks) you could be very easily argue the player is in Brigador.

A Corporation ("Think Weyland Yutani" according to one dev) got kicked off a colony, and now the leader/stabilizing factor is dead and gone they're putting out the Brigador contracts to destroy orbital defenses and infrastructures to retake it. Which are the missions you do.

Those briefcases look inaccessible, remember every object you buy requires a minion to grab one of those so every time you finish a whole room that area is going to be completely congested. Turn the front to face the hallway and move it to the door for a start.
You should also look up the rock remover

I really want to see expansions on Overlord. Increases in scale and player input and better level design would make the game fantastic.

Use freezer instead of corridors, have your cells outside of your base proper so super agents don't wreck your shit. Be more efficient. trap combos are amazing money builders

I lost it when my last PC died.. Most of it is on my laptop and phone and I can't be bothered to transfer it all atm.

Thanks user! I'll check that out!

NEVER do that. Agents get in through trap doors don't ask me how through the floors of your base. To avoid this place pressure sensors on every block of floor that is not taken up by an object, that way they cannot use that bullshit trapdoor shit and blowup your power generators/steal your prized possessions/sneak a super agent in and kill your evil genius.

For safekeeping though, i'd recommend building all of the most valuable assets in the middle of the base, and having a maximum of TWO actual entrances. Build plenty of gas traps but you must also ensure that your scientists can get a good look at the base without constantly dying to them (Make sure to raise their awareness as much as possible when going about their business)

Also
Valets are seriously useful because they are the ONLY minion Fuck knows why that can pickup and use fire extinguishers.

Also, Fuck the Hotel, Agents always blow that shit up and it's a waste of money/valets.

Also I'd reccomend getting more traps in your corridors. Cover ever corner with cameras and speakerphones to ensure complete coverage of your base and so that if there is a super agent they will 'die' -.- fast.

Also put some fucking doors in that corridor nigga it's like you're asking to get raided.

Fuck you're making me want to pick this up again so I can show you young villains how a real master does it.

Unfortunately it looks like it may not happen, but if you like the devs work chances are you might also like Age of Wonders 3 which was also made by them. It's more 4x meets HoM&M but it's very groovy, and you still get to be an evil bastard to everyone you meet if you so desire.

I don't recall that in the PC version and they keep adding new diseases, some of them are fairly unique and vary in difficulty. There are also mods.

The PC version and Mobile versions were virutally identically bar a few features I'm afraid to say.. Doesn't make it any less of a game, but clicking on those repeating pop ups on a computer feels unnecessary.

It's not the design, it's that the game is a ten minute timewaster rather than something more wholesome. It's designed to be played while riding in the subway

Can confirm.
Is it possible to do this and still leave room for traps? And don't bodybags/corpses/fallen agents lower awareness/stats no matter where they're put?

Oh, that definitely does feel like it carried over from mobile.

That's not really true for most the other disease types. The base ones are an absolute cakewalk though.

I've been meaning to check out HoM&M. I'll toss it on the back list. I'm playing through about three games right now so I'll have to put it off. You can be surprisingly evil in Door fortress at times, ie walking into somebody's house and choking their kid in front of them or just kneecapping everybody with a war hammer or making somebody puke to death. Shit's fun and technically you're the evil genius behind a lot of the bloodshed anyway I'm also playing SupCom for the first time, and even though I'm not big on RTSs in general, something about SupCom just gets me.

Cybrans are the only innocent faction

it hurts

Freezer negates negative stat auras, even on the totem parts.

Your base looks deserted. Where are all of your minions?

These are helpful, but I fail to see how they'd speed up anything.

I forgot what I was doing at this point in the game, but most of them are probably out getting money.

wat

shit I replied to myself but meant to address

Been meaning to play both of those for a while.. Thing about Dwarf Fortress that puts me off a bit is the DOS level graphics, other than that, seems like an awesome concept.

Supreme commander, well, goes without saying why I'd want to try that.

Really? Seems a bit OP then.. Surprised they didn't pick that up in any of the patches.. And you can put any trap/item in them, same as in the corridors? Thought some items were only corridor exclusive?

Patience is of the essence when playing this game, if you're thinking purely about the efficiency of your base/minions then you will probably end up getting fucked by agents. You need to be able to focus on an effective defense, after a while they will regularly be coming at you with everything they've got, sometimes even 3 or more super agents at a time.

dos can do some great things

Thats from a 3rd party extension and not even an ingame mod

it isn't?

You get used to it after a week or so. I recommend changing the tile-set to a a square tile-set instead of the default rectangular tile-set. You can change the tile-set to use actual little pictures, but you'll still need to investigate stuff just because of the nature of the game. Be prepared to get bullied if you do use a graphic tile-set you fucking nerd

I may be wrong, but isn't there one real-time 3D visualizer that lets you designate things?

what mod is this?

Its a separate exe called Stonesense that reads the game's memory and renders it in 3d

Its a utility.

completely dead
the dev took the money, deleted the forums and ran
But, he screwed his partner over, so his partner released his address and information and people are gonna bring him to the FTC/court

It is, but you can't place cameras or extinguishers in them.

You would probably have more fun playing something like fallout 4.

I enjoy this game regardless, user. No need to get upset.

good lord

Best Moms.

No, you played it right. The game just sucks.

Really funny normalfag meme, faggotriend
Upvote!

Ahh.. Knew there was a reason why I didn't do it back when I played this regularly then.. Perhaps in only certain areas, then.

Fuck off.

Back to topic, picked the game up again tonight and this time and I had also raised the maximum minion capacity to 200 through the game files.
>No more constantly loading the game because Jubei got killed AGAIN

How the fuck the Devs/anyone managed to beat the game with only 100 minions maximum whilst still keeping their sanity intact I have no idea.

You know the devs tried some shitty co-op thing like the all for one ratchet game and it failed horribly. Anyway, I wish they'd retry another overlord game on unreal 4. It seems like the type of engine for that sort of style of game.

The game becomes too easy when you raise the minion cap. Which is probably why the cap is so low in the first place; it was meant to "raise the difficulty" except all it does it make you wait ages to steal money and train minions. It's such a poorly designed game. I especially love how turning off the repetitive background music also disables super agent warnings.

nexusmods.com/evilgenius/mods/7/?

Im ok with raping impregnanting qts that didnt know the love for dick and take responsability of the evil spawn, but giving your minions a change to fuck them? Hell no.
I would just give them gold so they go to the whore house and stimulate the economy

THEY'LL SLIP AND SLIDE ON THIS MOLYNEUX GAME

How about I catch you dick in my boipussy instead OP?

breedingseasongame.blogspot.com.au/2016/07/breeding-season-is-over-s-purple-has.html?zx=b17f67333fb82a26

i love it, i want all of them to fail.

Thanks, user. This sounds more like it.

Here's a little lesson in genocide
You don't even care if you stay alive
If you always wanted to violently die
You have to kill all the human worms tonight

inb4 the 4 of 4

Dungeons was meh. Dungeons 2, however was an overall improvement and a better game.

I beg to differ user

A piece of advice for anons who want to try Dungeons 2: make lots of workers (the little guys who mine gold).
The slowest thing in the game is waiting for more gold to pile up. If you stay with 5 workers, you'll watch your gold reserves slowly building up and being depleted when payday comes. When you start the game you should make 5 workers and spend the rest of the pop cap on 5 minions (one for traps, 2 for mana, 2 for fighting). Everytime you increase the cap, make another worker. At the maximum cap (40) you should have 10 minions. I think some maps let you go up to 50 pop but you don't need more than 10 workers.

Otherwise the game is just Dungeon Keeper 2.5

Arent we the worst?

AYUP, fair warning on Evil Genious:
I advise everyone to try it completely vannila the first time.
After you're done with that, it crashes on the second island and you're raging at the ammount of bullshit, do not despair:
There's some files in the folders. Files you can edit. Files that specify how strong your minions (and the enemies) are. Files that specify how much money you earn from this and that.

If you want my advice, tweak that shit. Because even a small ammount of heat will atract agents that can kill off 20 of your guys without breaking a sweat. And that's heat you gain from stealing 2000$ per minute.

Conquering the planet is not easy, user git gud

Sounds like you need to git gud.
Here's some tips for Keeper:
No animals. They're shit. Ravens are maybe good for scouting out an enemy location, but that's about it. Just stick with orcs and orc shamans for the early game. You will want Humanoid Mutation as soon as possible though, because this will give you ogres. I will talk about ogres in a moment.

The easiest major villains to kill are dragons (which will die to repeated spammings of Fire Sphere from your Keeper or an Orc Shaman) and lizardmen (which are a joke). The hardest to kill is the Elementalist, so make sure he isn't in your influence range when you start out.
Speaking of starting out, once your babby orcs and orc shamans go up to a high enough level, make sure they're equipped and send them to kill the dwarves/kobolds that've spawned somewhere on your map. This will give you some free heavy weapons and decent armor. Mind orc shamans once again carry the team here, as Fire Sphere will wreck dwarves. They don't even have to be in melee.

GET OUT OF MY SWAMP:
Ogres are the best shit since sliced bread. They start off at level 10, and off of a steel training dummy can go up to 22, theoretically. Far more (27+; ogre has 50 attack and 45 defense) in practice.
They are so good, in fact, that a single ogre with a few shamans backing him up can wipe any knight offensives with ease (in the cramped dungeon entry corridor - it is cramped, right?), and do much the same to lizardmen offensives. Now here's the fun part: equip this same ogre with a ring of fire resistance and an amulet of defense (from the money you got for killing the dragon that came to fuck with you around turn 9000), and this lone ogre can kill the Elementalist, if said Elementalist decides to attack your dungeon.

tl;dr: Animals bad, humanoids good. Ogres best, kit them out. You'll go far, kid.

I like to make a maze with level 3 doors at the entrance. The agents get distracted and search empty rooms, rarely properly chasing my minions.

You might want to apply the same logic to your cells, but this will only slow you down. The distance calculation doesn't account for walls, and you'll probably interrogate release agents as soon as you get them, and keep supers in interrogation loops with minimal downtime between.

Also a trick is to make a small room guarded by a level 3 door somewhere safe. Your henchmen can enter it when you command them directly. You keep them there so the minions can take the initial attack from super agents, and so they are not across the island when soliders are at the door.

I actually won my first single map last night