UT4 updates once a year

Is there any hope for the genre left?

Shooters have been dead for longer than that, user-kun.

Depends what you want in a shooter. If you're looking for FAST, then good luck, but there are some fun ones on the market.

Siege if you enjoy a game designed by and for a race of inhuman spider super-sadists.

Just play Titanfall 2™ and run around with the EPG plus go fast

This nigger gets it.

You can literally tell how good a shooter is by how FAST it is.

Rainbow Six Siege is good with Uplay and shit servers being it's only handicap, Titanfall 2 is also good but DENUVO AND ORIGIN.

what about games like Rainbow six, ghsot recon, swat, or thief? They're slow as shit but still fun and still FPS. also

What?

You are in first person, and can shoot arrows. It is also stealth, but it is also FPS. Dishonored is also an FPS.

Oh for fucks sake, we were so close.

I bet you could call Skyrim an FPS too.
Also

You kinda can. But even if you discount thief, rainbow six and swat still stand. And I don't hate fast, just saying that there are different kinds of shooters, and that fast is dead at the moment.

I need someone to take this gif and make it into a webm to the tune of caramelldansen.
The good version.

As bad as I want to play that game, I fear by the time I get around to it the online life will be all but dead. It doesn't seem like one of those games you can safely invest time in that'll be around for years to come.

Wait for ROH.

Well, you're not wrong.

Who cares? 2k4 looks, plays and runs better.
No, Quake will continue existing like it has existed since the late 90s.
….
Play the old ones.

Just out of curiosity, could you list as detailed list as you can about elements you want to be in a good fps?

IT WAS ME BARRY! I KILLED GOING FAST AND SHOOTERS

what about xonotic

Siege is still going strong and ubi will still mil- support it for at least 1 year. The latest patches have been real sound improvements. I don't know if it will still be played in 10 years, but for at least 2 years you should be safe.
There is a LAN mode though. (really I do not know how a mp-only game came out with LAN, from fucking ubisoft)

Really the only weakness of this game is fucking uplay which is a mild annoyance at worst.

Xonotic
OpenArena
Warsow
Cube 2 Sauerbraten

You're welcome.

Multiplayer FPS games are fucked, there's no fun in them anymore, now it's all about "heroes" and card/crate system.

I went back to Far Cry 3 co-op mode the other day. That mode is one of the best co-op experiences I've ever had.

Titanfall 2 is bad, they turned the multiplayer into another CoD… and there are already 3 CoD games like that.

I was talking about the 4 player co-op mode, not the campaign or the competitive multiplayer mode.
Half of the main campaign was good, then it turns into shit after you kill Vaas and get to the last part of the island because it feels like the devs weren't expecting you to continue the story.

Titanfall 1 was shit but the 2nd one is actually well designed. I don't see how it's like CoD.

we all are

I wanna hug that moth

Is there any hope for this board left?

Reflex just got updated with matchmaking. If you want an arena shooter to play now is the time to play it

get fucking real

I have high hopes for Open Arena v3, the engine underneath has been worked on for well over a decade by academics doing their theses in computer science(ioquake3) and is considered a test bed for new graphic APIs like Vulkan(vkQuake).

Who knows when it'll come out though, maybe this year maybe next year.

WHAT IS IT?
IS IT THE NEXT CHEEKI BREEKI SIMULATOR??

slavshit*

Not all first-person games are FPS games. Not all games with projectile weapons are shooters. You are retarded.

So begins the endless cycle of crossposting our dank frogs to other websites, declaring the whole thing for the birds because somehow it was never conceived anybody witnessing their shitposting would have the thought to right-click save as and emitting an ear-piercing autistic shriek if anybody uses one on the home site, then it being okay again when things die down or somebody liked picks it up

I hope not
The MMO/FPs genere ruined consoles, stagnated the game libraries, saturated the genere, and opened the floodgates for casualization of Vydia
Id' say to let it dye a slow painfull death, but honestly the death of this shit genere couldn't die soon enough