Join our Mumble server for Squid Squad voicechat (usually Friday / Saturday):

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

>>>/smek/4

Got any dank squid memes post it in the thread whenever you can

Remember to post in-game screenshots directly for best quality;

——————
Does anyone like to use abilities to make fun builds? Post your favorite ones!

●CURRENT NEWS:

SPLATOON 2 ANNOUNCED FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH

●VERY IMPORTANT:

Octolings are superior

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GU76hK7VwLQ
archive.is/gbM1M
compat.cemu.info/wiki/Splatoon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OCTOLINGS ARE SUPERIOR AND I WOULD DEFECT TO THEIR SIDE FOR CUTE OCTOLING GIRLS

Well you are a human. Why don't we just use time travel to get waifus from both sides?

>Still no cboy inkling bf

Yah nintendo confirmed it a while ago.

What in the fuck happened to Callie? Was the whole splatfest deciding on who lives or dies? How can Nintendo be so cruel to best girl?

If I had time travel I wasn't even going to be here right now

They needed a blood sacrifice to the kike gods of greed.

Then who killed Callie? Was it Punished Marie?

You're a fucking fag

Someone needs to draw Punished Marie already.

Hate streamers that do this its most common with splatoon streamers. also fuck this dude for his rules

It's like the hate fun

Until someone can do better

As in isn't spending 10 minutes in MS paint

So Callie looks to be missing and no information on why? God damn it.

We will forever suffer for our own ignorance.

NO FREE ONLINE NO BUY

Hi, neo/v/.

She won the war but at what cost?

oh man, who would do something like that

That's more disappointing than that certain Splatoon doujin.

I'll freely admit how much of a splatoon slut I am, so I will totally get it. Not before splatoon though. Gotta get that Master race PC first.

Still haven't gotten the amiibos though.

Marie looks fantastic, but whats the catch ntr, rape ,yuri?

NEWFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG

It isn't ball biting or fat balds I hope and If it was posted between October and December I had no internet

It's a really lovey dovey doujin between a squid and spike, but then at the end spike melts and eats her

Wait that one?, I never saw the cover for that and ignored when it was linked. Thanks user shame such a good looking Marie has to be wasted

Here ya go. Nice artwork from the artist, but too bad it's wasted on vore and death doujin shit.

There is literally nothing wrong with vore and snuff

There is. But I don't want to shit up a perfectly good splatoon thread with discussion of this nature.

you done goofed

I hope we get civil war, splatoon style for single player… Callie the resistance against Marie and the octolings, and both have their valid points with multiple endings… a squid can dream

I want to be Marie

Just wait for full on AR
Or a quicker alternative is to download the Marie gmod playermodel.

Marie=Law

Callie=Freedom

Dead on arrival, and what a way to kill a series hide it behind multiple never ending paywalls.

Yes, cause it's not like people didn't protest against paid online when Microsoft started doing it and it didn't become an industry standard that Nintendo only recently hopped on cause they realized that consumers are willing to pay for online service with subscription perks.

theyre always a decade behind when it comes to that kind of thing. i was just hoping theyd be a bit slower for a while.

Anyone up to play tonight?

I wonder how much people here pay for online, based off of the PS4 related threads I'd say quite a few.

yes

You mean saturday night? Yeah I think most of us are gonna be there.

Post cute Callies

She isn't gone

SHE ISN'T GONE

Accept it user, You Callie fags lost the civil war and failed to protect her smile whiles Marie friends protected her smile and shown that she was superior

Anybody here who plays regularly can you tell me what kinda router you got? I keep getting the error code "118-0516" and I am pretty certain the router I have is the problem.

Nah man, I get that all the time with my cell phone network, shit just doesnt work even though speedtest shows the connection is ok.

Fucking splatoon is like the only multiplayer game so far that has wonky connection issues all the time.

but It worked at another house that I brought the wiiU to and there wasn't any problem there. there has to be a specific problem here.

Set a static IP, use the Google DNS? I connection errors in Monster Hunter clearing up on my 3DS after doing that.

Common solution is this and also once you have set a static IP, you can put it in a DMZ although this has never helped my case, probably because my connection is way too slow.

Thanks for the help but none of that works.

We spilloverwatch now

How high are the chances that someone creates an alternative network for jailbroken devices?

Ok?

Absolutely zero, you fucking retard who doesn't know how computers work.

Something that has nothing to do with this discussion what so ever?

Possible but incredibly unlikely. There's Xlink Kai for the Xbox and I think Dreamcast, and there's that project for getting online for the Wii and DS, but those have had lots of time put into them. They're also relatively barebones, so it isn't that hard to do.
We don't know how complex the Switch's system will be, but it's probably going to be more than their last attempts at online. We'd have to have very gifted people working on it, or someone would have to leak the internal structure of their online service, and even then it's unlikely. This isn't taking into account encryption, which they probably use.
Even if by some miracle they did that Nintendo could just shut them down, and if that didn't happen you'd still be stuck only playing with a tiny subset of the Switch community.

Tbh I don't think I can buy a switch just to pay for online. But Splatoon 2 looks good.

So I've been away from the internet this week and just heard Splatoon 2 was announced. Any word on a solid singleplayer mode ? Especially with this paid online affair.

i used to assume the zappers would be dual wielded pistols.

Look it up you lazy cunt, it's literally an implementation of exactly that which has existed for over a decade. Not saying that it would be possible on the Switch as there would have to be a dedicated LAN mode to exploit, but you are a "fucking retard who doesn't know how computers work" for dismissing him that easily.

Same. I really want to play this but I'm not buying a Switch unless they give in and get rid of paid online, which is pretty unlikely since they made a big deal out of partnering with DeNA and they probably have some kind of contract. It was nice knowing you Nintendo.

They kinda hinted at it in the trailer by showing Punished Marie and no Callie, indicating some kind of drama, but I think it would be a mistake to buy a Splatoon game just for the campaign.

I know what XLink Kai is, dumbass. It still has nothing to do with this discussion because it is incompatible with how the Switch works.

It's a tunnel for systems that support special LAN modes, letting you play "LAN" matches over the internet, with lobbies to coordinate matches. The Switch supports wired ethernet with a USB adapter, and given Nintendo's focus on Splatoon as an "esport" there could very well be a special LAN mode for tournaments that could be used with this. We don't know if this will be possible, and it could always be configured to drop LAN connections if the ping gets too high like the 360 did, but to say it's "incompatible with how the Switch works" off the bat is talking out of your ass. Just accept that you were wrong and stop posting.

No, user, you're wrong, you have no reason to believe the Switch will support LAN play, that XLink Kai will support Switch LAN tunneling, and even LAN play on the Wii U wasn't completely local, it still required an Internet connection. You're wrong, you have nothing to stand on, deal with it and you stop posting.

He's not wrong though. Until we know it's a thing we'll have to assume it's not. There's nothing indicating that it will be.

Not if it gets other people to consider filtering him.
I can tell by his posting style and the image that it's that autist that argues endlessly with people, never changes his mind, and probably deliberately takes positions he knows are incorrect just to bait people. He's been shitting up these threads for nearly two years now.

I said that repeatedly, read my comments again. He initially claimed that it was impossible to develop an alternative network and that the guy was a stupid computer illiterate for even considering it. Now he's backpedaling and saying it's stupid to assume that the Switch would have LAN/system link capabilities that would make this possible, when I never claimed that it was anything but a possibility.
The argument was never "Switch will have an unofficial online network" but "you are wrong to dismiss this so easily"

I want in on this

You just described most of fucking Holla Forums, you fucking retard.

Now this is bait.

Please go back to reddit.

Why so defensive all of a sudden?

I'm not? If anything I'm being offensive.

he's right though

But seriously what the fuck happened to Callie?

She lost the popularity poll at the very end and got turned into cat food.

nobody knows

Now the guy that asked the initial question is backing up the shitposter that called him an idiot? Was it a false flag all along?

Suicide after getting blown the fuck out

No, you're just retarded and you think everybody is out to get you.

im not offended so you could probably stand to kick it up a notch

Probably absolutely nothing.

Stranger things have happened on this website.

I've been lurking and saving cute squids for a few hours now. I just spoke up because of the filter autist's little fit.
ALSO KEEP POSTING CUTE SQUID GIRLS AND SPATS!

How fresh would that be?

I dunno it's starting to make sense.

Seems like something the devs would do since they hate best girl

Noice, I just wanna see the squid sister variant of octolings too, if there is one.

Like swat squids or something? Or wouldn't the squid equivalent be a squid wearing the hero armor?

Wait, reverse that. An octoling version of the squid sisters.

oh that isnt what you meant?

nevermind im confused

So am I, I'm really hungover. I'll try again later.

I got you fams

>Squid Sisters get together again to fight the real final boss, the Octo Brothers
I can dig it.

The only sister who needs the realize the error of their ways is Callie

back in the old days we didnt separate the squid sisters. thanks a lot magic printer

It's a fax machine, not a printer.

Your Callie fag words are nothing but whelps of a loser

right

exactly. I'm not saying paid online is okay when Nintendo does it, I just don't really understand why all the fuss is about Nintendo doing it and not fuss about paying for online console services in general, with a focus on the biggest culprits.

Nintendo wouldn't be doing it if they didn't think people were gonna pay for it and the reason they think people will pay for it is because consumers rolled over for Microsoft and Sony and given just how many PS4's and X-Box Ones have been sold, a good size of those PS4 owners are paying for online.

I would love Nintendo to rebel against this dumb standard, but you can't really fault them for conforming to something that makes its competitors money and which consumers have so far shown so serious protest against. That's just my opinion

Callie is a miracle of the universe. An angel of Love, not a disciple of Money. I pity those that do not know Her grace.

And now no one else will

on The Day of the Ink I'm splatting you first.

Don't blame me because Callie fags were to weak to protect her smile

Now that would be cannon to be

The switch is a handheld so it is going to have a local play mode. Now if you can get that working fuck the online play squid nights shall continue.

I just bought a humble bundle so I have some extra Steam keys for people who want them. Anyone interested?

I'll take shantae

I'll take va-11 hall-A

Hop in Mumble and I'll message it to you.

I just gave that to RepeatingDigits, sorry.

Epic Battle fantasy 4? Whew, that takes me back to Newgrounds days

I'm in m8, it's moonman.

The only reason there is any focus on Nintendo now because of how recent the change was. Nintendo isn't being singled out because they're doing it worse. Back when PS+ was revealed it was Sony under the spotlight for shit practices.
You can absolutely fault them for partaking in yet another shitty industry practice to nickle and dime their customers.

she's gone forever, you know

Reminder that Marie only loves your wallet, not you.

but user, you ARE the wallet

No matter who does it, paid online is anti-consumer no matter how one spins it.

Just like Nintendo.

She loves my wallet because I got a big stack of magnum condoms in there and she knows it's just for her

I understand your apprehension but don't knock it until you've tried it

That's how we got more furfags and scat fetishists

That's the same argument people who fuck animals make.

WOAH
What's all this about Callie getting axed? Where can I read about it?

YOU'RE A NIG NOW

WE

Although that first one is definitely the niggest.

Not all nigs are deep crayon black I've seen some that I thought was just white with a tan

You're a faggot. You fit the legal definition. Kill yourself, degenerate.

Never in my years of posting have I seen a post so fucking gay.
You are a faggot.

Except they kinda are. The sonyggers on cuckchan have even gone to the point that they're actually defending Sony's own paid online service before a price has even been revealed for Nintendo's

I still think she got depressed and turned into a Hikkikomori which would make her even more best inkling.

Stop, my heartboner can only get so erect.
>you will never know a girl more genuinely happy to stay inside all day playing video games

WUZ

WOOMY SWAG

NEED THE LAST SQUIGGA! GET IN MUMBLE!

Splatoon 2 event going on right now.

TRANSLATE TRANSLATE TRANSLATE

Ask in the nipponese thread.

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY, SHITLORD

You joke but there is a point to be made here. Splatoon was cute squid girls, squid boys, tight butts in spats, and rad neo-90's clothes. The fashion we've seen in Splatoon 2 so far looks like liberal faggot millennial shit, full of special snowflake hairstyles, nig squids in the official advertising, hipster shit, problem glasses, and shit pants. Whatever the result is, it's going to be a lot less satisfying seeing certified privilege checked squids with tentacle fades than it was seeing innocent long haired wombies.

It was always trying to imitate hipster youth, just this time they added more hairstyles, and took more culture from the american hipsters than the jap ones, hence the special snowflake looks.

I just really hope we can use the original hairstyle and keep the spats.

Notice any difference?

No

wow user you sure got some issues to work out

He isn't wrong

Same. They have clearly kept dat ass, but it remains to be seen if they kept the old black, form-fitting spats.
Butt the damage is already done, everyone you play with is going to have some faggot millennial style that you want to punch in the face. You will have the only cute squid on the block.
What makes me saddest is that trying to give off a "cool" vibe, much more so than the original, suggests that there will probably be few cute options. No skirts, no dresses. No plain sandals, mary janes, stockings, subdued glasses, tasteful hairstyles, pure white sundresses, or yukata.
tfw no qt trad squid gf

The one on the right has the potential to be fuckable.

Pic related is why they are trying to make the squids mature by making them more hipster fucks.

He's projecting his own insecurities on a Japanese game primarily geared towards Japanese children and teenagers

Squigga calm your tits. I was making fun of feminists, you are the faggot that brought Holla Forums.

In fairness, Splatoon 1 only has two of those and one is locked to an amiibo.

user, they do look like hipster faggots no matter how you slice it, and I never said anything about SJWs. And I personally think they look worse, but that's just my taste.

You don't belong here.

You're just picking and choosing cuckold.

Some of those hairstyles are pretty shit though.

True, but can you blame me for being sad that the game got less cute rather than more cute?

Those are pretty much the only styles we've seen, retard. Nintendo is the one that cherrypicked them, either they are the only options or they were trying to send a message by choosing them to represent the game.

No I mean you are picking and choosing from the original, lots of shitty hipster wear in that game, just with custom hairstyles it becomes more obvious.

Oooooorrrr women have different hair styles

dude, dont do this not at this hour….

they looked like "hipsters" in the first one

I'm reserving judgment on that. We haven't seen much of this game yet, there are more options than they've shown us.

Ok. You're not wrong, there was hipster leather boots and sweaters and whatnot, but it seemed pretty tame and cute compared to this. Most of the focus was on neon glowing sneakers and nigball jerseys and ridiculous hats. Maybe the hairstyles are tipping the balance for me, but I'm getting a much more pozzed vibe from this.

I'm pretty sure you're just letting the hairstyles trigger you dude

And I would be willing to bet that the option will still be there to have the original hairstyles, it's just that these new hairstyles are being promoted so the game looks different from the first, which is necessary in order to market it as a sequel with new stuff.

I think maybe it's more of an issue of the standard Inkling design being so good and inoccent

The original hairstyle is still available, look in the background of the right of this pic.
My other point stands though, the original design was adorable and iconic, and we're just not going to see a lot of people using the long haired inkling because they want to be "unique." It's like TF2, yes you can choose not to wear the stupid cosmetics, but you still have to look at the faggots ruining the art style with unusuals. ignore the fact that you can disable cosmetic rendering for the sake of argument

.>>11721022

Maybe people aren't trying to be "unique", maybe they just like the way those styles look. The short hair one is pretty cute. Also, looking at the same boy/girl hairstyle in the first game feels kinda "eh" after awhile. At least this way, if you don't like the hats, you can still style your squid's hair to your personal tastes.

I was peeved about that too, think they'll add it in later

sauce

the girl in the presentation we just watched asked the developer about Callie.

Honestly, though, that almost sounds more ominous. It's basically like "Oh…she's…around…"

I didn’t know that the final Splatfest was to determine which squid sister lived!

I should've tried harder….

This shot made me wonder if they were trying to hide her face for some reason.

Fuck, I really want them to hurry and release a single player mode trailer already

maybe she got a surprise acid facewash from her octarian boyfriend

Marie is trying to hide her face because she became ugly. Callie is still beautiful.

Yeah, busy exterminating octarian scum

top tier tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=GU76hK7VwLQ

SQUIDZ

You fucking solved it. Callie fought paid online out of LOVE for her fans, Marie betrayed her and sided with Nintendo for cold hard cash.

Don't worry, Callie. Unlike Marie fans we too feel genuine love, and we'll be there when you return to settle this.

Looks like we have problem hambeasts on Holla Forums.

What does that have to do with anything at all?

If you don't like commies it's natural to not be happy when the characters of a game you like are restyled to look like modern snowflake marxists.

Also

stop

writing

a

fucking

retard

and

inserting

empty

lines

where

they

aren't

fucking

needed.

I bet the Russians were involved, too.

nice try, commie shill

Stop feigning ignorance. I'm on to you, bitch.

you are still a commie

Then why are their games shit? If a game turns out to be good I actually buy it, unless it's behind some kikewall. Then it's their own god damn fault.

1v1 me

youre the biggest commie in the thread

You shouldn't cherrypick.
Just like with Sony doing it, there's going to be far less fuss after the reveal. Recency bias is the core of internet outrage.

Also

im hoping the singleplayer revolves around exploring ancient ruins and recovering lost treasure with lots of grappling hook action.
that fludd hover nozzle footage has me wanting a grappling hook.

Japan dedicated part of their Switch press event to a live performance of Splatoon music, for some reason.
They start with several tunes from the first game, then it moves into Xenoblade Chronicles and Mario Kart (ft. F-Zero and Excitebike), and finishes with Splatoon 2's main theme.

Has it ever occurred to you Nintendo would emphasize the stuff which has changed between games? We've seen maybe a dozen pieces of clothing out of what will be at least over a hundred. Fucking crocodile tear-crying idiot.
Oh, never mind, you have Downs.

If you guys really want to see BETTER gameplay to see how bad the Japanese will dominate day 1

Theres this. also loving the new super jump AOE special

i always get insanely jealous when i see japs play splatoon, its so damn smooth. all i get is dying to ghost bullets. only a fraction of a percentage of my games go that smoothly and thats only ever happened in a few splatfests.

i love that rocket artillery barrage, but it seems kind of terrible. maybe its just the map.

I knew she had our backs.

/left/a/pol/ detected.

No shit. Has it ever occurred to you that they could have introduced cute shit alongside the tumblrcore? Either they don't have anything, or they're trying to send a message by not showing it. Either way it's not something to be happy about.
This is coming from the guy that was upset that he couldn't say Kappa in a Twitch chat.

or maybe

These people never fuck off do they?

Give these people an inch, and they will kill you, your culture, and your people. It's just what they do

that shit is old

I remember there every time I used to play, there was shitloads of Steven Universe and Undertale fanart in the plaza that wasn't even Splatoon related.

[citation needed]
I will repeat myself: we have seen, at most, a dozen pieces of clothing out of at least a hundred or more. Why do you ignore this fact? Are you that same autistocrat who would always screech about miscegenation in fanart like pic related?
You're like some kind of double mongoloid.

Nah, are you the guy that was always defending the niggification of that squid?

The difference between Japan and these SJWs: Japanese men can appreciate the female form, which really is a way to respect beauty in its natural form. So a squid grill isn't my kind of thing, but 2D has always had an appreciation for the sexuality of the bodies form. SJWs are just interested in destroying everything. Either this is done purpose or because they lack that appreciation through ignorance or being taught insane bullshit.

You still haven't given a reason for ignoring the disparity between the number of clothing items we've seen and the number which will be in the final product, aside from a shaky "b-but they must be doing it!" You sound delusional and paranoid.
What? They're squids, you fucking idiot.

okay, let's just tackle your criticisms more in depth then

What does this even mean, first of all? Given the diverse nature of modern fashion, I don't think there's any particular style that can be called "liberal" to begin with and like I said, most modern fashion is simply based on a mixture of the influence of musical subcultures like punk, hip hop, etc. or imitating celebrities or runway models. There's a bit more of a subcultural and/or runway fashionista feel to this one (there's even squid fashion pinups of various girls in the new maps).

The developers always said that they designed the inklings with a kind of a punk/alternative style in in mind (which is why their eye area looks the way it does). Here, that subcultural feel is a little more accentuated, mostly thanks to the new hair and pants is all, at least in the advertising since the developers want to emphasize what is new.

Isn't one of the main things about Inkling culture "staying fresh" and standing out? If you like uniformity and a limited set of fashion choices, maybe you should go live in Octo Valley.

What the fuck are you talking about? You can make black squids in the first game. You choose between several different skin tones before you start the game and official artwork has been advertising the DIVERSITY of the squids in terms of fashion, skin tone and fighting style since the beginning. Nothing has changed from the first here except that now the advertising department is putting less emphasis on Generic Squid Cover Girl & Generic Squid Cover Boy now that the brand is recognizable and emphasizing more how you can customize your squid from everything to hairstyle, pants. skin tone, shirt, pants, shoes, weapon, etc.

These weren't in the first one?

Personally, I think the term hipster has been tossed around so much to describe "shit that pisses me off" that I don't it works as an adequate descriptor anymore, but would you call Spyke's fashion sense "hipster" because the squids in Splatoon 2 don't seem to look any more fashionable than him.

what's shit about them?

Splatoon was always about looking fresh, it's just you could choose to make your squid look like a fucking retard whose mom forces him to wear a helmet while he turf wars or a biker, hip hopper, a nerd, Octarian sympathizer, or whatever (and I'm sure all those styles will come back in the second one). And "rad neo-90's clothes," fucking please, there's nothing especially 90's about the inklings. Look at these pics and tell me that if all the Inklings from Splatoon 2 that you posted and bitched about had the same default hairstyles as the inklings in Splatoon 1, that they would look significantly any different in terms of style. You got OCD

Not really digging the new final minute of turf war or victory themes. Not quite as catchy as the originals. The stage theme is decent though.

These specials seem kinda crazy and unbalanced. The super jump is going to be OP for Tower Control, and the mobility of the jetpack bomber makes it like an easier to use Inkzooka (the challenge of the inkzooka is having limited mobility and having to aim your shots well to take out foes from a distance, especially when firing uphill, whereas with this having the ability to fly into the sky makes aiming way easier and reduces the value of height advantage). At least they anticipated you using it to get out of bounds or past barriers, and make you jump back to the activation point at the end of the special, but on the other hand that even further reduces the risk of using it when you know you'll jump to safety at the end of your push.

I got the impression from the first game that Nintendo never anticipated what competitive play would do to balance and needed to learn from the players, and this looks like their understanding of balance and tradeoffs and skill-elements has only gotten worse. Then there's shit like the ink-beams on the new Moray Towers that I have no idea what they were thinking.

It would be interesting to see if the competitive community splits over this. Splatoon is at this point a very well balanced, skill-heavy game. Messing with the balance is to be expected and usually gets fixed eventually, but elements that reduce skill requirements and clutter game design are notorious for turning off hardcore players. The Splatoon competitive community is tiny anyway, so Nintendo wouldn't be missing much, but it would be a pretty bad precedent for the franchise.

Is that most Japanese art of female characters is the furthest thing from naturalistic you can get while still vaguely representing the human form?

Then why doesn't 2D porn beat out 3D porn in most output and sales? Most people aren't especially attracted to cartoons any more than they are real people and most people, even the Japanese prefer 3D sexuality over 2D (which is associated with hikkikomoris and unhealthy social habits in general).

They're more concerned about "objectification" but because their standards are not clear among even themselves as to when something becomes "objectifying" and because they want women to have complete sexual freedom and have her body appreciated but at the same time be respected the same way she is when modest in that traditional manner, their standards become fluid and arbitrary according to individual whims, leading only to frustration rather than any kind of satisfying compromise among themselves or between themselves and their opponents. Also, some feminists' sexual prudishness is probably carry over into the secular world particular to the culture of Protestant America. Originally, most first wave feminists were Christian housewives who advocated for women's suffrage while also pushing for the banning of prostitution, tobacco, alcohol, burlesque shows, and pretty much anything fun that their husbands did that took their attention away from them, corrupted their children or which "objectified women" (read as made her anything but the pinnacle of Christian motherhood & fidelity).

You ok?

I actually feel like the specials are a bit more balanced myself and may fix some irritating problems.

The power slam gives players a chance to defend themselves in case they're super jumping to another teammate, their teammate dies and the other squids are there just waiting to jump him/her. With the power slam, it might actually encourage people to start super jumping more because there is less chance of falling into an ambush and you'll have to be a little more careful if you think you can just wait for a squid to finish jumping to your location and shoot him while his guard is down.

The jetpack forces you, once it is done, to poof back to the location where you activated it. This means you have to keep a close eye on that area cause there may be one player you missed waiting for you where your beacon is. Your attention is thus diverted in two directions: one towards defending yourself and attacking the enemy, and some players may struggle to learn how to balance the two and other players may be clever enough to learn how to dodge the jetpack shots until the enemy poofs back to where they started and can be caught with their guard down for a second.

The jetstream gun has about the same range as a killer wail but has a far less wider area. If someone gets caught in it, they'll likely not have a chance to escape, but at the same time there is the ability to run away from it that is more dependent on your dodging skill than just being lucky enough not to be in the middle of the blast where you have no chance of escaping no matter how hard you swim. The jettream also looks good for creating a really long narrow pathway through enemy ink that could allow your team to swim forward

That's the irony of it all and why I dropped leftism like a rock. The amount of hypocrisy and doublethink exceeds all others. It's only an ideology for the severely mentally ill and insane who have headmates and shit.

so squiddos will be appearing in mario kart.
fun fact: the arrow button on the basic tee is the japanese rookie driver logo.

That first image is gold

i dont know, its kind of begging for an ink strike or killer wail isnt it?.

The new specials definitely aren't god-buttons the way Bubbler and Inkzooka are. Being unable to squid while you're using the jetpack just makes you a slow moving target for every long-range weapon in the game and the jetstream looks a lot more unwiedly than inkzooka. The cloud looks a lot like an inkstrike, but without blocking vision it's less good.

I'll miss Echolocator but I'll be glad to see the back of stacked Bomb Rush teams locking down the zone. People are probably really going to miss Kraken, though.

for fuck's sake just make super smash kart already

You sound familiar.

This may or may not be leading up to it. Including the inklings might be them further testing the waters after the success of Link and the AC characters. That or they'll just use non-Mario characters as an excuse for more dlc.

this bodes well for those of us who want inklings in splash bros

I think disruptor rush needs to be added to the game

every damn time…

no thank you

MAKE MEMES

What does he mean by this?

THINK AGAIN FUCKERS
archive.is/gbM1M
marie is superior but it's good to see callie's back too
both squids are good

After the shitshow at the Switch conference last week, the Squid Research Lab attempts to redeem itself with some map overviews and gameplay.
(Also worth watching to hear the new "waiting for a match" and "won the match" music)
They've tried to re-balance the Charger by letting you hold a charge while in squid form, but doing so makes you glow white, even while hiding in ink.

i wonder if its a trait unique to standard chargers. seems like something that would be more appropriate for squiffers and bazingers

Fuck it,might as well get autistic

that got me good

by the way, what game is that? google images is giving me nothing from the thumbnail

I just hope e-liters don't have it, because it'd be complete horseshit for them

anachronox

i hope so too, especially seeing moray towers coming back.

thanks have an agreeable squid

This happens with Gundam Online. There are beam type sniping weapons with a charging capability, most people running these suits tend to hide behind a wall and wait till it's charged before peeking out and firing.

Just be lucky you guys don't have shit like 4th Gundam which has a charging rifle that has a small AoE around it's actual shot that can 1hit kill most units in the game

Blezinski's don't need it, they charge up fast enough that the downside would just be a total liability.

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

I forgot about chargers being able to hold their charge in ink. More evidence that Nintendo has no fucking clue what it is doing.

This is the meta in Splatoon and any game with a charging sniper mechanic. It's common sense that you'd want to minimize your visibility to catch people off guard and not get countersniped.

I think holding the ink makes sense with the new dodging, which'd make evading chargers much easier

That's only dualies you fucking mong.

Which is so fucking cool. Individual weapon types having distinct movement options and gimmicks is amazing. Even though Splatoon itself was amazing with the main gimmick of swimming through ink there still wasn't enough mobility options. This is satisfying that itch.

My problem with the "hairstyles" is that it's like they forgot what the squid "hair" was supposed to represent in the first place.

I'm ok with the hair, and I think the new styles were added because of all the fanart with squid's having different styles. Also that chart doesn't hold true for the boy squids anyway does it?

The difference is that right now playing that way confines you to a few spots that favor it, being able to hold a charge will dramatically increase your options. Plus, now you can line up the shot while in the ink and pop out to fire without moving. Jump shots and peeking at least took some skill and awareness.

It does hold true with the squid boys, and that picture was published by Nintendo's Splatoon tumblr. Yes, it's obvious the "hairstyles" were added in because of comments suggesting it and fan art featuring it, but a lot of the fan art of "original squids donut steel" look terrible.

At the cost of being completely vulnerable to being flanked and other snipers who see you first.

Snipers are already vulnerable to this if they aren't great at flick-shots. I don't see how that changes much.
You glow when you're charged in the ink, but that won't help someone below you see you. If we're taking Moray Towers as an example, an e-liter sitting on the ledge overlooking the center may not even be visible from the same position on the other side (and definitely won't be visible from the lower perches some chargers like to use). He's visible from the higher overlooks above the zone, but only the e-liter can make that shot and not in all circumstances.

that makes E-liters stupid and going to camp more

posting some shit that got me banned from miiverse

and some more
didn't make the last one

>they like paid online
fuck this gay earth

inb4 its still just as shit even though its paid now

The game'll be dead like 2 months after launch.

Does this fag not understand lag is due to either your connection or the host connection of the other player? Splatoon and every other online Nintendo game is P2P, it doesn't host games on servers.

You know it won't be.

probably not because of paid online, more likely to be because no one buys the thing.

HELP

Isn't that exactly what was said about the first splatoon?

The first Splatoon didn't cost money to play online.

well people had other reasons and games to buy the console, it also wasn't as expensive especially if you got splatoon in the bundle with the console.
Now the switch is coming along and all the accessories are fucking expensive, there are less games to buy at launch, the xbox 1 and ps4 are fucking cheaper with bundled in games despite having more expensive hardware inside. If you already own a WiiU there are even less games to buy since half the titles coming to the switch are ports with some added features.

Eh fuk man

Couldn't they just implement servers

But he's right.

This

This is probably what will make me not buy splat2n or even a switch. One of Nintendo's last redeeming qualities was the fact they didn't have paid online. If it's what I suspect and they don't even improve the quality of the connections (because as some have mentioned in the thread it's pretty much always been P2P) there's no fucking way I'm going to play it. Damn shame.

You wish.

My post was meant to be more funny and not an actual point.

HES SO CUTE

squids are pretty badass. they have water flowing through their shopping malls. that would be like having lava or acid fountains.

or maybe water isnt really that dangerous to them and they just poof from being out of bounds. like when falling off the moray towers, when squids jump about that high anyways.

Sure, "he's" right.

if theyre going to make all the splatfests canon why dont we get a puppy?

There aren't any puppies. There's only Judd and mini-Judd left.

dogs can swim

Clever.

You clearly don't belong here. Please go back to reddit.

Nintendo would find a way to fuck it up.

Is this actually true? Because if it is I'm twice as pissed off at Nintendo's new paid online. They're effectively charging for a service they don't provide.

New thread when…

I'll make one when this thread reaches page 11 as normal

Seeing Splatoon threads active again, even if it's usually complaining about the Switches bullshit pay for online, is nice. Gives me a case of the warm fuzzies

what are are feeling is not warm fuzzies, it is acid reflux.

Hey, i've been around since the testfires. Just because I don't post here much anymore doesn't mean my opinion aint valid shlomo. I made pic related way back when splatoon first came out.

NIntendo has never had servers for games for as long as I've payed attention to such things. It's been one of the more frustrating things for the longest time, because whoever is hosting has direct impact on whether or not your match will be completely smooth or a lag infested mess.

And now they want to make you pay for online. So basically they better be dedicated servers or bust. If it's the same p2p shit that we've had it better be some magical p2p shit.

compat.cemu.info/wiki/Splatoon
Splatoon is on the list of playable CEMU games. When will we get servers?

You must have missed some Japanese players datamining the game and tracking how and where it sent data. The servers at Nintendo put users together and check on them periodically while in a game to determine time left in the round, score, etc., but that is the extent of their involvement. The important information like player location, velocity, bullet location, grenade location, etc. is all P2P.

Gonna make a new thread now

NEW THREAD

don't make the thread pre maturely faggot

OH SHIT NIGGER

Are you serious man, are you at least going to unlock it when this thread hits page 12

page 13 or bust.

and yes, but make sure to report the new thread when it's time.

I can understand 11 but when did you raise it to 13 it used be 12

no it was always 13, I made the exception as a compromise for the WEBM threads.

(((Octoling scum)))

I unlocked that other thread, since this one is on p12. Close enough I guess.

About time

STOP MAKING EXCEPTIONS YOU NIGGERJEW

You ever gonna do something about lol threads?
They're just mini Holla Forums threads most of the time.