3DS CFW + Homebrew General: I Want to Hack that Switch Edition

INSTALLATION GUIDE
plailect.github.io/Guide/
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>3DS 1.0.0-8.1.0:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): 3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds) then proceed normally.
>N3DS 8.1.0:
You will need NTR and Cubic Ninja. Refer to the guide for instructions. After that you will be able to follow the same procedure for all the other firmware versions.
>N3DS & 3DS 9.0.0-11.2.0:
Follow the guide as normal. Soundhax is the new goto for entrypoint hax, but you can still use browserhax if you insist. Simply follow the guide linked above. Your procedure should be soundhax → Decrypt9WIP → 2.1.0 ctr-transfer → A9LH. OTPless installations for N3DS, which skips the 2.1.0 ctr-transfer, will be added to the guide again as soon as it is deemed safe enough.
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, for what ever reason you may have, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

WARNING
Every step where you modify your system can result in a brick. However, bricking your 3DS is a very hard thing to do if, and only if, you read every single direction and follow them exactly. This is a "retard-proof" guide, but please don't try too hard to be a bigger mouth-breathing retard than it can handle. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise. sysNAND backups are not optional.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
freeshop.pw
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
3ds.guide/images/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
discord.gg/ccecErB
pastebin.com/zEVBxAdY
archive.is/LAQB4
mega.nz/#!ogcCmRAL!vu9TknhcKbM1Ey1BfHmevjBQeqKVNHcsKc1v1gGkuAw
mega.nz/#!0o4ygKST!eS7G-GOuyu9WwFFc7B7scxawdE2eLFCxgMSkwowe0O0
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS
3ds.guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit
gbatemp.net/threads/sighax-updates-and-discussion-thread.454821/
rydoginator.redthetrainer.com/smm-ntr/download.php
3ds.ridley.xyz/
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170115
gbatemp.net/threads/maplestory-3ds-the-girl-of-destiny-100-eng-patch-release.430440/
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.4.0/nintendo/3ds/
dshack.org/store.php?page=file&fid=164
mega.nz/#!KIRymAZZ!NROYy8YCtXBoSDSXB0DLxOfVNmn_xxpmlLf81wY-fKo
uploadboy.com/8p4nx9hewflh/171/
mega.nz/#!I4QHhTxD!0CG9UPiObvWx6ryKPMoJjTFwZSvvzYgLSIRuAbH_Ics
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-patch-games-with-an-arm7-bin-file.94755/
gamebanana.com/games/5683
gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/page-116
gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!1?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of your SD card, go into the hax folder and copy the 3ds folder to your SD. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well. Copying arm9loaderhax.bin does not install arm9loaderhax, this is simply where the cfw is stored.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds, citrus. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You may format with your 3ds using emunand9 or use this to format from your PC: ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Use either a flashcart or TWLoader. TWLoader still has a lot of issues that need to be fixed but will allow for loading NDS games and apps of your SD card. TWLoader's GitHub repository: github.com/Robz8/TWLoader/releases
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: freeshop.pw After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
On your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily, go to Gamecart Dumper > Dump to CIA.
>Can I convert a .3ds to a .cia?
Yes, with Decrypt9 simply go to Content Decryptor > NCCH/NCSD > NCCH/NCSD to CIA.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
>I'm a citra user and can you tell me where to find unencrypted roms?
Not here.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools
LUMA GITHUB IS DOWN
Download here: 3ds.guide/images/Luma-1eb18c17.zip
Freeshop: freeshop.pw
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO/3DSChaos Accounts: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
Our Discord: discord.gg/ccecErB
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/zEVBxAdY
Last Thread: archive.is/LAQB4

So do you think the 3ds will begin to be sidelined as the Switch starts to be the only console/handheld Nintendo will focus on?

if monhun5 releases on switch probably
maybe it'll be a dual release like 3&3U

Depends on the cost effectiveness for developers. Atlus still has one more SMT game in them for it.

Undoubtedly. Nintendo has been talking about unified development for several years. This is how they're going to accomplish it, regardless of the soothing noises they're making toward 3DS owners about continued support. 3DS probably has about 6-9 months of mostly third-party games in development yet to release, then it will rapidly drop off.

For those of you who are trying to use the latest TWLoader and are getting stuck at "Checking TWLoader Version…" you have to go back to home menu, disable wifi, then open TWLoader, after that go to settings and disable auto-update so you don't have to turn off wifi next time. It seems to be a bug

Can I download and play games from other regions with no problems?

Luma link is broken.

If you follow the guide. The whole point in doing all this is so you can pirate any game from every region.

Alright, that's great. Already followed the guide and got everything working.

mega.nz/#!ogcCmRAL!vu9TknhcKbM1Ey1BfHmevjBQeqKVNHcsKc1v1gGkuAw

ok but now what? I already have everything setup and installed and just used the Luma3DS updater every few weeks. i have no idea what it was doing automagically.

can I just plop this somewhere and run the updater again? or put it on my web server and change github's IP in my HOSTS file? halp

Who wants to bet that the moment that the switch launches they discontinue the 3ds's online features

For those interested, I compiled a simple Smash Bros. 3DS Starter Kit to make it easier for people to install and use Smash 3DS mods. It has everything you'll need. I really want Smash modding for 3DS to get off the ground now
mega.nz/#!0o4ygKST!eS7G-GOuyu9WwFFc7B7scxawdE2eLFCxgMSkwowe0O0

Won't be that abrupt, but I'll be surprised if the 3DS online functions are still running in 2019.

Isn't Nintendo using a more unified online model now though? The WiiU and 3DS are linked with the same services unlike the DS wifi services and WiiConnect24. So who knows?

So wait, is Luma dead or what?

How the actual fuck did someone gain access to the github repo? Did the lead dev give his password away?
Its nice that the latest stable is mirrored on the official 3DS guide at least.

Is there a undubbed version of Gurumin ? I thought there was a japanese-voices DLC but I don't think it was ever released.

The Luma3DS
repo has been restored github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS

noice, so the OP pasta can be fixed now too…

check the pasta
it was never changed for this

see;

>LUMA GITHUB IS DOWN

see: pastebin.com/zEVBxAdY

There is nothing that needs to be fixed for the next thread

So is there any kind of CTR plugin that enables proper gameshark cheats?

Something changed though because my Luma3DS still shits the bed trying to connect to github. I checked the repo and latest stable is still on v6.6 so for now it appears it's not a big deal.

Does anyone know the best method to restore a Pokemon save using a backup from PKSM?

What's the difference between downloading something from freeshop and using FBI to scan a QR code?

No difference.
They both use titlekeys and install directly from CDN

Ok. Thanks, Buddy!

Found a solution if anyone else is having problems.
Download "savedatafiler" and make a backup of your save to the SD.
Find where the files got saved on your pc and replace the main file with the one from PKSM.
Start up savedatafiler again and delete the secure value from the game before injecting your backup.

luma crashes when I run it, whats going on? I thought the github was restored?

Since there isn't a Wii U hacking thread, I'm going to ask here. Does anyone have the Xenoblade Chronicles X Undub 2.1 Loadiine ready?

What do you mean
does the 3ds refuse to turn on?

Anyone do NES VC injects?

I've been looking everywhere for Little Samson and I can't find it.

I hacked my 2DS recently and started playing Fire Emblem: Fates but I've got a problem where the game consistently crashes on the opening menu cutscene and the cutscene in chapter 3.

I remember hearing about this problem before; is there a fix for this?

if you haven't figured it out yet you take arm9loaderhax.bin and use it to replace the one on the root of your SD

Ultimate NES injector is in post 3

Wrong.
The guide link is 3ds.guide now you lazy faggot, not the github.io

turn on the wi-fi for your 3ds.

I could've sworn I changed that

what did you do to crash it?

You can fix it by not playing shit games.

Jk, I have no idea, all of my games work just fine though so I have no idea why yours isnt

Also I am the user from the last thread who wanted to transfer his save files. I did it using JKSM for smt4 and it worked. It was surprisingly easy and quick too.

Guys if you are playing a game such as pokemon or anything of the sort. You can back up your save file to your sd card and move them around or import them into the same game on another 3ds. I highly recommend JKSM, its a great tool!

Does somebody have an alpha build of fasthax?
I've hacked 2 consoles with the alpha builds already, but I can't fucking get the beta or release candidate versions to work. It's always a black screen on start (O3DS) or a black screen after pressing start on success. (N3DS)

Am I doing something wrong, here?
inb4 read the guide, I've installed a9lh fia fasthax on 2 consoles before, but with the alpha builds of fasthax

K so, on a previous thread i asked about being able to have 2 sd cards with different games, i got a yes(copying everything except for the Nintendo3ds folder) but the problem now lies on how do i install games on this sd card that, from that process shouldn't have fbi nor homebrew launcher, ?

So I updated from RXtools to Luma, and I'm on 11.2 now. I wanted to set up that PC thing that lets me get streetpasses since I live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

But I'm getting an error code when I try to go online or do anything now. Error code 022-2634. Something about the NNID, I think? I have no idea how to unlink the NNID from this piece of shit. Anyone have any sort of advice?

inject fbi

and now planet Robobot is consistently crashing on the secret entrance on 1-2

nintendo stop this isn't funny anymore

Nintendo has successfully been able to differentiate pirated games to bought.

Why they fuck would you even do this? When they dump a game cart, it's on CIA right? What possesses a man to upload it only on .3ds, to use only on shitty gamecarts and work in progress emulators? Or is there some other value to these things?

Then they fucking suck at it cause I just finished a playthrough of Pokemon Moon on it's entirety and didn't get a single crash.

I think there was some way to convert a .3ds to .cia relatively painlessly but I've never tried it

Speaking of Pokemon moon, I was thinking of generating a massive amount of Nosepass with PKSM, naming them all Moishe, Shlomo, Chaim, etc, setting the region to Israel if possible and flooding Wonder Trade with them. Maybe even make them shiny. Good idea? Will I get banned?

Finally found a swapdoodle friends list that I can post in post 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1L1xFOTpb1fDC-P4npTg5S2QQkHZrSz_c5FoEB8LewUk/edit

Then why make it appear like normal bugs/faulty software? Wouldn't a "nananana not letting you continue" message be more effective than a crash/freeze? I've never gotten why some DRM thinks leaving people thinking
"Good thing I didn't buy this shit" is a good idea.

They haven't
The user is probably joking. The other user probably just has a bad .cia installed, overclocking issues, or some language issues.

Shit, I honestly don't know. I didn't try using any of the online features out of fear they might track me, but as far as I know the only wave of bans of NNIDs was when people were playing Pokemon before release date, so maybe Nintendo's security is really just so bad.

If it becomes a big deal though, they could definitely track you down and ban your NNID, especially if you make them all shiny since they will definitely know then you hacked it.

I was wondering if maybe I could get away with it by giving them all one or more dummy OT's, but I doubt that even Nintendo/GF could be that incompetent. I'll just keep it on the down low if I do it I guess.

So an update for pokemon sun/moon came out a few days ago and I have no idea how to download it on cfw. Updating from the home menu does nothing and as far as I can tell there's no option to download it on freeshop. Do I have do redownload the whole game or there a .cia or something?

I was able to get it fine by updating normally. Are you using a different region game?

Worst comes to worst you could probably download a .cia of the update from somewhere

It's the NA version. Is the update supposed to be on freeshop and I'm just not seeing it? WOuld redownloading the full game from freeshop work?

download the update from e-shop and then upload the titlekey for the update

I can't access eshop proper either.

Just to make sure, you do know how to download updates through freeshop, right?

No actually. it's never come up.

In Freeshop, tap the controller icon and scroll down to the game you want to update or install DLC for. Depending on what's available, it should have one or two icons next to its name.

I'd update the titlekeys for ya' but I don't feel like installing pokemon.

Yeah, seems to be working. Not sure how I missed this in the first place though.

P-please, respond.

I just learned about soundhax.
My 3DS is now hacked and ready.

I've read that some CFW allows new 3DSs to run at a higher clock speed for some games, making them run better than in a vanilla 3DS.

Does A9LH allow this too? Is this something inherent to all new 3DSs and there's no tinkering needed?

I'm sorry it's such a retarded question but I don't know practically anything about the two versions' differences.

It's a feature of Luma3DS, which you will be installing if you follow the Plailect guide.

Pfft, no. .3ds is the raw ROM dump and has to be repackaged and trimmed as a cia, last I checked you can only download a game as a cia directly through Nintendo servers. You're looking at stuff dumped and updated from back when Gateway was the only option that nobody's bothered to convert since because nobody wants to part the Red Sea of moon runes.

Perfect, thanks.
I was waiting until there was a way to hack the newer FWs to buy one and I think this is the perfect time.

It's too bloody quiet. Where's muh "stability upgrade" and sighax?

gbatemp.net/threads/sighax-updates-and-discussion-thread.454821/

Yup. Get to hacking!

I'm downloading a bunch of them right now to convert with a tool called "3DS Simple CIA Converter". I haven't tested it yet, but if it works, should I upload the CIAs somewhere for people on Holla Forums to download? Or would that be a bad idea?

I'm only downloading games I have personal interest in, so I'm not going to convert all that shit, but it should be a decent amount of CIAs.

If you want. Could upload a bunch to 3DSiso or something as well for convenience purposes, I do know JP cias in general are a bit of a rarity it seems.

Decrypt9 has a cia conversion feature if I remember right. Simple CIA Converter uses xorpad files and requires a bit more back and forth since you gotta dump the ncchinfo then use that to dump the xorpads then use the xorpads to build the cia file. Use microSD Management or FTPD or something and you can just dump the 3ds files onto your SD card, convert to cia and install, then dump the cias onto the internet.

maybe they just don t care anymore

So i'm on 10.7.0-32U, and I used soundhax. I used fasthax like the guide said. Safehax worked, but I needed to back up my games before proceeding ( as the guide said. ). So i exited and did that. When I went back into safehax, it said,
"PM INIT FAILED!
Press [Start] to exit."

did i fuck it?

I tried running fasthax again then safehax, to see if I would get any different results, and got nothing.

I think that's the error you get when a cart isn't in the 3ds

W-what?
Like an sd card or something?

game cart

Is there a way to fix it

Use the most recent version of fasthax.

I am

You guys think it would be fun if there was a co-op Mario&Luigi? Like both players control a separate character in combat.
just a shower thought of mine

A lot of RPGs have something like that, don't they? There would probably be a lot of fighting if one of the players was bad at Bros attacks, though.

You mean the RPGs? I don't know, you'd probably have to get gimmicky to make it meaningful.

Is there a list or some place to find bad translations/versions of a game? I just found some shit translation using hashtags, and I really don't want to keep getting fucked over for not knowing which versions sucks.

List or place? Not in particular. Instead, look at the game's localizer and publisher. If it's any of these:

1) NoA
2) Treehouse
3) NISA
4) Ghostlight
5) Bandai Namco
6) Binari Sonori
7) Working Designs (now defunct, but still responsible for horrible localizations years ago)

That list isn't exhaustive and is only in a rough order of "worst first," but any game touched by any of those companies is almost guaranteed to have censorship and shoddy translation.

Probably, but I can also see me and my buddy laughing to ourselves when fuck shit up or actually manage to succeed.

I think all that would be necessary is a gba emulator running super star saga. I don't think it's possible to get this to work with an actual 3ds release.

Don't forget 8-4, and their shit job on Awakening's translation and for cutting out the option of being a mute myunit.

I can't fucking believe I forgot 8-4. They're in the top 3. Fuck, how could I have forgotten them?!

I'm looking for the accurate translation of FE fates. anybody know for a .cia?

Hacked my 3DS XL the other day and have 2 questions.
Is it normal that the game manual for titles downloaded from the freeshop isn't working?
I get an error message on the bottom screen if I try to view them.
Also, japanese titles don't have text on the upper screen on the home screen, which looks strange.
Is there a way to fix this?

Their translations were so bad that your mind blocked them.

You checked 3diso forums yet?

It depends, are they the manuals for games belonging to the same region as your 3DS?

I am trying, if you wish to join this journey prepare to be frustrated by broken links, shitty upload sites that don't let you download, and straight up broken CIAs. Seems the easiest way right now is to just download the JP Special Edition CIA and patch it.

No, it's not normal, I just downloaded Kirby: Planet Robobot and check it's manual normally. Also my japanese titles, both from Freeshop and CIAs installed with FBI have text on the upper screen. You might or might not have fucked up somewhere.

Thats so wrong it hurts
.3ds is a decrypted ROM used for flashcarts. .cia is the official Nintendo ROM format and its the format dumpers like Braindump give you

Hey, guys! nds-bootloader finally has save redirection available!

Just checked and you were right!
I'm in the EU and freeshop defaults to US so all my games where from another region.

I followed the guide step by step so I'm pretty sure I made no mistake.
I hope I can find a solution, small things like this drive me crazy.

don't forget Gaijinworks

Where's the uncensor user? It could be nice from him to uncensor Dragon Ball Fusion.

Followed the guide, hacked my 3ds, can i play ds roms on the system now?

ye

How? Do i just move them to card or do I have to do something special?

that shit with manuals is weird, sometimes i get them sometimes i don't(case in point got dragon ball heroes ultimate mission and kamen rider - rider revolution, only the former gets a manual)

I hacked my 3ds, just like the guide said. I already have the cart for xenoblade (haven't started it yet, picross currently owns me). Is it censored like the wii U version? I'd prefer to play my games uncensored. Is there a specific .cia and/or english patch/whatever I need?

so arm9 for 11.2 is out now?

Freeshop's Senran Kagura 2 stuck in loading after the titty monster boss fight for anyone else too?

US is censored, EU is censored but also has a better script, so get EU if you can.
Don't know of any teams working to translate. Learn moon runes if you're into that.

Download Bootstrap and TWLoader, then place ROMs on SD card and boot them from TWLoader.
I'll write up a better guide shortly.

Manuals are dependent on having shitty uploaders who fuck it up.

ARM9 for anything from 9.2 - 11.2.

nice

New Homebrew and Shit

Mario Maker NTR Plugin v1.2
rydoginator.redthetrainer.com/smm-ntr/download.php
Bug fixes and shit.

3DS Save Bank
3ds.ridley.xyz/

Upload save files, use others save files.
Helps if you want something like a roster game with everyone unlocked.
It's new, so there's barely anything on there. In time it will grow, I suppose.

Decrypt9 update
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20170115

Adds more failsafes, adds descriptions for every action and adds the ability to inject DS saves. DOES NOT support dumping them.

Maple Story The Girl of Destiny: 100% English Patch
gbatemp.net/threads/maplestory-3ds-the-girl-of-destiny-100-eng-patch-release.430440/

Fully translated, and there's an NTR plugin for cheats included.

RetroArch Latest Stable
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.4.0/nintendo/3ds/
In 3 varieties! .3ds, .cia and .3dsx.

There's updates to playing DS ROMs off the SD card, but I'm going to write up a little guide, as there's only partial support for some games.

If we're making a new pasta for neat homebrew, also add CTGP-7
dshack.org/store.php?page=file&fid=164

Its a complete overhaul for Mario Kart 7 that replaces every single track with a custom track and adds 200cc mode, as well as reskins for some characters and a new kart

All you need to do to install it is extract the 'files' folder to the root of the SD card and then install the CTGP-7 manager .cia file and run it.

How do i install the updates for decrypt9 and retroarch?

All I've been doing is going over GBAtemp and Reddit and compiling every new thing I find that more than 1 person would have a use for.

Not really going over good homebrew, just new homebrew.
I've made maybe 5 or 6 of these in the past threads if you want to check what was there.

A pasta of neat things would be neat in itself, but updating it would be a bitch.

Download the .3dsx or .bin for Decrypt9, replace the old one.
Download the .3dsx for RetroArch, replace the old one OR delete the old CIA and install the new one.

where are the original .bin or .3dsx located?

the .bin should be in your luma payloads folder. Not sure about the 3dsx

make sure you rename the .bin to the button you want to hold to load it at startup (ie. Up_decrypt9.bin or Start_decrypt9.bin .etc) keep in mind the select button is reserved for Luma

.3dsx goes into "3ds" folder and gets booted up with Homebrew Launcher.

this is confusing as fuck. my up and start keys are for hourglass and godmode9 respectively and i dont have any decrypt9 .3dsx files inside my 3ds folder.

the retroarch zip contains a fuckton of .cia files, do i just need to install the retroarch_3ds one? Thanks, anons. i think there needs to be a retard-proof guide to updating files too

You can use any key you want to start decrypt9. You aren't limited to the up and start keys. You can also name it "Down_decrypt9.bin" for D-pad down key

My current setup is start for hourglass, down for Safemode9 and up for the 3DS Linux bootloader

so do i need to have a key assigned to it? i remember launching decrypt9 thru safehax from homebrew launcher

Launching D9 from the Hombrew Launcher is different. When you do that, you're booting the .3dsx file in the "3ds" folder.
Launching D9 from a .bin is when you boot it up instead of LumaCFW.

Got a 128gig SD Card. How do I get to the Emunand9 section again so I can format it?

No. In the time to prepare that you can upgrade to A9LH, and then be poised for sighax when it comes to fruition.

are there any mods that make smash 4 sp more enjoyable?

>ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm

If i downloaded a game from the freeshop, like smash brothers, should i refuse updates from the eshop? Will there be any consequences for doing so?

You can update the games on the freeshop, I don't know if anything happens if you update your games from the eshop though.

Same question here. Only l want to know if shit happens should you update a JP game on a US 3ds.

You can download updates just fine.

Except if they're out of region. Use freeshop or find a cia.

Nice joke, 90% of JP games are available only as .3ds that I'm having to convert to .CIA before playing. Freeshop is godly on US content but kinda of shit on everything else.

eShop and Freeshop both work for updates.
Remember that accessing the eShop disables all DLC for every game, and you need to reinstall it, but you won't lose progress.

The Freeshop has been getting a lot more JP games on it; I've got the RSS feed of titlekeys updating every day, and there's usually 5 new titles a day, and 3 or 4 are JP. Guess people are catching up since there's not many EU/US games still to be dumped.

The worst part of the Freeshop currently is there's a bunch of updates for popular games that aren't getting added.
For example, it took 2 months for the Animal Crossing update that recently came out to be on the Freeshop, and even then it was only US, not EU,

If you get an update or new game, check 3ds.titlekeys.com and dump it for other anons, it's what I do.

Choosing the 'download now' option from the homemenu instead of confirming through eShop avoids this.

Here's an alternate encTitleKeys.bin posted in a previous thread which is meant to have more jap shit on it.
mega.nz/#!KIRymAZZ!NROYy8YCtXBoSDSXB0DLxOfVNmn_xxpmlLf81wY-fKo

I guess you could try changing your region through Hans if the above doesn't have it. I'm not sure that would work though and if it doesn't, you're shit out of luck.

Is there anyway to fix a bricked 3ds after someone updated a New 3DS running 2.1.0? Also the L button is broken.

Hardmod restoring a NAND backup, and by reading the fucking manual.

you got arm9loadhax installed? If not you're fucked

Help

No.

Yes.

Maybe.

I don't know
Could you release the question?

Why would that enctitlekeys.bin have more jap shit?
Surely whoever posted that could of just merged i with the main site.

:^)

Someone should do a compilation of stupid anons bricking their 3DSs for not reading the guide and adding it to the OP to scare idiots into following the guide to its fullest.

There are a lot of archives to comb for these things

I saved this yesterday. I think there was a second part where the idiot came back.

I remember that one. He bought a n3ds and got it right that time.

What a lucky bastard

Just to be sure, (as I suppose this has been asked a million times before) once I have followed the guide to the letter and to the end, am I free to update the console's firmware by legal means, should I be careful with updates, should I never update anything anymore…?

I don't want to end up fucking everything up by mistake.

Currently, yes, though if any new fireware update happens, the safe thing to do would be wait a week, update luma then the 3ds/2ds

tbh i followed the guide but had little problems on the way. like the decrypt9 menu not showing up on the first run of safehax thru homebrew.
guide should say what to do when that happens. i just powered of and powered on but others might do something stupid not listed in the troubleshoot guide

And just like last time someone posted it, I'm afraid I have to ask. Where the fuck am I supposed to put it in? Freeshop asks for a link to a bin, it doesn't seen to scan the SD Cart for it.

sdmc:/3ds/data/freeShop/keys/

Well shit, I guess I must be fucking retarded. Thank you user.

Still, it didn't help much at all, it added Seisou no Amazones, Culdcept and I think E.X. Troopers, that might have already been there. The rest is all available either in the US or Europe, like MH4U and Ace Attorney 5. So it's a pretty useless bin.

Meanwhile I've already converted Gyrozetter, Hero Bank 1&2, Kenka Banchou 6, Yokai Watch Busters & Sukiyaki, Medabot Girl's Mission ,Danball Senki W Chou Custom & Wars and Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy (the Supernova version).

I won't say Freeshop should just STEP IT UP since it's no doubt a very complex process to adquire those tickets, and I'm very grateful they have pretty much all US games there (Except for the Fleshy Souls version of Yokai Watch 2 apparently). But right now, if you JP game, downloading 3ds and converting to CIA is your best option.

You can only get uncensored versions of games from CIAs as well. (Bravely Second and Fire Emblem Fates both got uncensored.)

Any of you cunts have a cia of とんがりボウシと魔法の町 (Magician's Quest Town of Magic's sequel)? I haven't seen shit but it's from like 2012, so it has to be somewhere, right?

No, but I can link you to a .3ds file or you can wait for 30 minutes while I download and convert it for you.

I can convert a .3ds myself, link it.

Sure, it should be this one.

uploadboy.com/8p4nx9hewflh/171/

here's a cia for lazy nip speaking anons
mega.nz/#!I4QHhTxD!0CG9UPiObvWx6ryKPMoJjTFwZSvvzYgLSIRuAbH_Ics

If you're on a new 3ds, turn off your overclocking. It causes problems at some points in SK2.

what menu should i trigger again? ill take out the sd and boot it right?

No you hold start at boot to access the Luma3DS config.

wrong, its select, not start

My mistake. It's still not something that necessitates unscrewing the backplate.

There are two separate Luma payloads if you followed the guide right

The first one is at the root of CTRNAND
The second is the root of your SDCard
The first one is only used as a fallback in case the SDCard stops working in any way so you can still boot. Your primary Luma payload should always be the one on your SDCard

thanks, anons

FUCK ANONS I NEED HELP QUICK!!!

full story:

WHAT THE FUCK
he seems to not have touched the SD card, but now the system starts up without it which isn't supposed to happen with a9lh

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO
HELP

oh yeah and my home menu is the shitty old version without miiverse/themes
all my icons are gone too, as are my friend codes, miis, and anything else

converted the kamen rider game from a .3ds so guess it's the release group's fault i guess.(either that or i have to enable region emulation for that shit)

Sounds like he just slapped the faceplate onto a different 3DS's guts and put in the old SD card. Get it up to speed and hack it as normal, then region-change to U?

I c-can get my shit back, r-right?

YNo, unfortunately. If he replaced the 3DS's innards entirely then your stuff is lost. I hope you backed up your save games and extdata.

fuckhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I noticed that the only thing left over are the wifi networks.
What could he mean by this?

you retarded?

it was that or sending it to nintendo and possibly facing legal repercussions
if anything I did took the smartest option.. not that it was smart

what should I know beforehand if I want to try twloader? fbi has in its title database twloader and twl save manager, is this all i'd need to get started? problems beside incompatible games?

Go back to the store and fuck their shit up. Tell them to give you back your old system and your money, maybe threaten to sue. Yell at them, write bad reviews, etc.

Why would the same WiFI networks be there if it's a different console on 6.3?
Go back to the store, demand to know what happened and get your original 3dsxl back.
Threaten him with legal action as he did not perform the job you paid him for.

Now, assuming some of the buttons work, use your old SD card, hold your Decrypt9 payload button on and hope you can make a NAND backup.
With that nand backup, you can then inject it into an O3DS (Not a new one) and the Sd card will work fine.

Other option is to not bother with that, make a list of every game you had, extract their save data from the SD card (I think most games just have a save file somewhere on the SD card) and reinstall games, replace save files.

Final option is hoping you're not a complete dropkick, which is a low chance on this board, and use the NAND.bin you should of made when you installed A9LH, like the guide told you.
Hack this new 3DS he gave you and inject that NAND backup, Sd card should work as before.

That's it. Place ROMs on SD, click to play them.
Before you play a game with any amount of time, make a save ASAP. If it says there's an error, you need to follow this guide:
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-patch-games-with-an-arm7-bin-file.94755/
Only thing is I don't know how to dump an ARM7.bin, you'd have to google or ask around for that.

thank you, brother

I logged on into the 3dsiso account but I can't see any links. What do?

Alternatively, can someone give me a link for Ridge Racer 3D, preferably as CIA?

How do I get Jump Ultimate Stars to work on my R4?

Is it just me or is 3diso website being shitty right now?

Seems to be alright on my end.

I keep getting a pop up before I can log in.

3dsiso lets me login, and I can see content there now, but I can't for 3dschaos. Got RR3D from 3dsiso.

Just have a quick question from a friend on putting CFW onto his 3DS. Will you lose access to any of the stuff you buy from the estore? I'm pretty sure you won't but couldn't find anywhere that said it definitively.

no

No, and if you did it wouldn't even matter.

You'll lose nothing from the eShop unless you lose your NNID or anything else tying your purchases to your system.

How do I inject? I have a bunch of gba cias from 3dsiso do I just put them in the root of the sd card or what?

There are gba and snes emulators for this thing right as well as decensor patches for Fates and Bravely Second?

Yes

So how shit does GBA and SNES games run on the original 3DS?

GBA runs perfectly since it's basically loading GBA firmware to run things natively, SNES games run about as well as they do in the Nintendo-made Virtual Console emulator with that SNES9x build.

So, how do I transfer my current SD Cart to a new one. I have a 8 GB, bought a 32 GB one, I thought at first all I needed to do was just copy everything, but guides on the internet say otherwise and that if you don't insert you empty cart on good format on Nintendo 3DS first you risk losing your saves and shit. Plus I have CFW to care about now, so I wonder if that won't fuck shit up either since I will have to transfer all the bins and shit to the new card.

As long as you're not using emuNAND, you can just copy over.

Gotta second the request user did in the last thread: Anyone has patched CIA of Fire Emblem Fates uncensored + the DLC Files?

I got a pre-patched CIA but it doesn't include Invisible Kingdom and it's version 1.2, the only link I could find was on 3DSISO for a MEGA upload that was version 4.0, which makes me think I got a very outdated version, but the links are dead, so fuck me I guess.

Also yes, I did include the locale folder in the luma folder and made the locale text file, so I should be able to access the DLC.

Thank you kind user, I have a lot more space to play with now.

Is SafeA9LHInstaller alright to use if I want to put A9LH on a 3DS?

If you follow the guide, you'll be using files from the SafeA9LHInstaller

Why are SD cards so shitty?

One of my root folders is corrupted. SO now my laptop thinks the card is read only, and the folder exploded into inexplicably named garbage data.

This shit is so hellish to erase that last time it happened I had to format the whole card.

That SD card probably is not to be trusted. I'd get a replacement. Note 3DS likes 64GB or less.

Follow 3ds.guide. You can't just run SafeA9LHInstaller, except on N3DS but that hack is unstable at the moment.

That game should just work? It works on my Gateway blue card.

It's a 64gig, PNY. From Walmart. And last time was on a separate 32gig PNY.

1st time my themes folder in Homebrew corrupted after installing Luma. This time, my cia folder got corrupted- probably my shitty laptop SD card slot.

And now Bravely Default is saying the SD card was removed- seems to be the only thing effected, despite being digital.

Fuck. I have to format this shit now. No escape.

My retard of a friend fucked up the process and didnt unzip the .7z file while on firmware 2.1.0. add to that, he ok'd a prompt for a 10mb update and got this. Bricked or salvageable?

I am going to assume anyone who fails to follow the guide has a reading deficiency or some level of mental retardation. Its so fucking easy to follow and everything is layed out right there you just have to fucking read it

Your shits fucked. You weren't supposed to update

And now folders aren't copying correctly from my Nintendo 3DS folder…

Even backing this shit up is failing. At least I have other backups, but I may lose a lot of save data.

FUCK.

Your friend has bigger problems than a broken 3DS.

Yeah whaddya expect? The filesystem is screwed up beyond belief, the one time I've seen that happen was when my O3DS downgrade failed and I got a brick.

Again, it sounds like that SD card is just a piece of junk. Or if your laptop's reader is, get an external one and use that.

The guide really needs a collection of these pictures at the start. "This is what happens when you don't read the fucking manual properly!"

Alright, fine, I'll start collecting. But I ain't gonna comb those archives for older bricks.

I doubt 3ds.guide will do that. They want to look friendy. But the OP could throw a few in, sure.

I would say both. PNY is a shit quite frankly.

And this is mainly because it's a corrupted folder at the root. Things would be a bit easier if it were one of the sub folders like last time.

And yeah, probably a lot of user error involved that made the situation worse…

Well. Fuck. Time to sleep.

Do you also have a screen cap of the post that originated from? It would provide context for the gallery

Sure

No it was in the previous thread and I didn't save it, hopefully he's still here. But, you can obviously tell a 2DS would have, issues, setting up the 3D.

You should not bet getting corrupted folders like that, period. By your own admission it's a bad SD card brand.

gamebanana.com/games/5683
Just wanted to say that it looks like some interesting mods are finally coming around for Smash for 3DS, probably worth checking out

This is what I get for having hope.

For $10-$15 you could've been playing it months ago.

Kek he asked me to hack it for him but hes so fucking retarded i knew he was going to fuck it up so i said he can do it because its easy

user, you fool, it's because you got it at walmart. That cheap sd card was on the outside of the chip , meaning it had the most errors in its structural integrity.

Walmart has cheap shit because their force their suppliers to give them cheap shit. So don't buy walmart shit if you want your shit to actually function.

Can't really know if a pokemon was hacked, but if you flood people with them it'll just be obvious.

Well, you weren't lying. Too bad they weren't OCD enough to recheck their work. Or understand how to open a .7z archive…

It. Is. Shit. Good to realize. Wasn't so fond of PNY either.

Still, it did the job. I just have to be cautious until I replace it.

It at least didn't fuckup installing Luma, so that is its own good fortune.

Where can i find a changelog for retroarch 1.4? I don't see it on their site.

Gparted won't even save me this time.

This is unreasonable torment. Fucking Hell I may have to find my receipt.

Well after multiple tries, it's now formatted.

Fuck. What a waste.

Are you sure the card is actually damaged, or is it a poor reader? If the card was malfunctioning, it wouldn't suddenly work. Or it's still malfunctioning but it didn't malfunction during the format proccess.
If i were you, i'd run DD and fill the card with 0s until it can't write to a block and halts as is the default, then i'd try to write into that block repeatedly to see if it's really broken (sometimes just repeatedly writing on a bad area of a storage device might fix the issue depending on the issue actually) and then resume to see if it's the only one.

Both. It's certainly both a bad card and a bad reader. Also I used a program to do a write over to check for errors on the 32gig before installing Luma. Starting fresh the default Themes folder from the homebrew starter was corrupted after installing Luma.

Oh, and end result from the backup was roughly five gigs of data loss.

Bravely Default is FUCKED. But I think I still have my save data.

Look at the bright side, at least you're not Anthony Burch.

It's fine. It got me through the hard part with SysNAND transfer. This is recoverable, and still usable for the time being.

Stable isn't out yet, just announced as "coming soon" which is probably when the changelog will be released

Is there anyone worse than him? Someone Burch should be glad that he's not that person?

what's the difference?

No fuckin' clue, learn to ask questions intelligently.

Obviously the legit one is the real one and all the others are phonies. People don't just tell lies on the Internet you know, it's illegal.

Just a quick question that I didn't see in the FAQ.
Do you need windows for specific programs to crack your 3DS and install games on it, or is it possible on linux?

Linux is fine, you only use the PC to download the files you need for copying onto the microSD.

Thank you very much.

Anyone know where the save date for streetpass mii plaza is located, if I can replace it with someone else's, and if I can edit it using some tool?

I assume y'all mean this

Anyone up for custom themes?

luigi's mansion

Is there a better place for GBA VC Injects?

Just get it from Freeshop

Gparted is actually shit at formatting flash chips. I've killed several fake flash devices trying to correct their actual sizes using Gparted. Linux is meant to be portable, it doesn't have the same low-level interfaces available to GNU compared to Windows unfortunately. Have you tried using diskpart.exe, doing a drive clean, and then making a primary partition?

Better than what? You could always make them yourself.

Better than the shitty ass Forge and ISO websites. It's like eyecancer whenever I see those websites.

No better alternative. Could always try converting them yourself if you feel like gouging out your eyes. Link to injectors in post 3.

Where did the Bravely Second uncensored CIA go? The Pastebin on the GBATemp is down, and the user's MEGA links on 3DSChaos are dead.

Oh hey, that's me. I'm popular.

There's an entire GBATempt thread dedicated to retards who couldn't follow the instructions. Enjoy being a meme though

The dream user.

Link to thread?

My touchscreen got fucked somehow. It's still under warranty so I'm going to take it in to get repaired. If they just replace it instead, can I restore my nand backup, or is it console specific?

Doesn't fucking with the software void your warranty?

Technically, but you can restore it to factory easy enough.

Returnig to the store or nintendo?
Store will replace, Nintendo will fix and probably find A9LH unless you send no SD card.

Yes, you can simply reinstall A9LH and inject nand.bin.

There is a tool to uninstall A9LH from your CTRNAND, but don't bother, it won't affect it's resale. You wouldn't even notice when reinstaling A9LH on a new SD card that it was there unless you look for it.

Use a save file program, like SVDT. Google for a save editor, I'm sure there would be one.

DRAGON QUEST 8 WHEN?

There's that program to make the 3DS look unhacked, can't remember the name, but it may not stand up to their tech support. Another option might be something like this? (Verification it'll actually work needed)
>restore to pre-hack NAND with A9LH overwrite (decrypt9 will do this)
Right now updating is fine because of the new ARM9 exploit.

This. CIA installing is kinda pointless for games on freeShop.

I can't say I've ever had issues with SD card formatting, don't actually use gparted though. My process:
# fdisk /dev/sdX, o for new MSDOS table, n for new partition, t b to set type to FAT32
# mkfs.vfat -F 32 -n LABEL /dev/sdX1

Cheers bro.

Are the Digimon DS games playable with TWloader yet?

How do you fix black start-up after certain custom themes are installed?

Just a quick question. If my n3ds is on 11.0.0 then there is no need to hardmod and I can get the homebrew installed, right?

What does the OP say

Careful, if you make him read too much he might *gasp* end up following the guide properly instead of bricking like a tard!

The theme must be broken if it's doing that. You can delete the theme-related data from the SD card but I don't actually know where it's stored.

Probably not, but try it yourself? I'm using an older build right now since the annoying startup delay with coverart. At least updating can be disabled.

No problem.

I was just making sure. I haven't been in these threads ever since I was dumb enough to update my n3ds where only hardmodding would help. The guide seems pretty easy though.

We'll now you know, every firmware is hackable.

I got it working user!

No, theme is fine. It just doesn't always boot correctly.

CHMM is having issues on 11.2 it seems.

gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/page-116

And I just got a notice saying "Nintendo DS software" can't use street pass, spot pass, etc.

That's just standard and regarding my DSiWare software, right?

You are running arm9loaderhax I assume. chmm2 shouldn't have issues like that, at least I never have.

Yeah you get it for the first time using DS carts too. Don't worry.

I'm getting an error while running FBI. It always says

I found a solution online to download the NTR firmware.bin but the problem is that I can't find it anywere. Anyone know where I can get it?

Never mind, I'm retarded.

Well I just disabled themes and I am still getting it. So that may or may not be to do with CHMM, plus I did have some issues with this SD card.

How easy is it to swap from ReiNAND to Luma3DS?

The guide should spell out the entire process for you, so there is zero margin of error as long as you read carefully and completely, and follow every word to a T.

Oh for god's sake it's you! Yeah throw that SD card in the bin already and get a reputable brand one!

Literally a drop-in replacement unless you've hard-patched something in sysNAND.

Replacement? Can't I have both?
I have ctr boot manager.

You have no need for both. Luma3DS is an enhanced fork of ReiNand, it's original name was AuReiNand actually.

I figured out my mistake, I had updated Luma to the nightly build. Also, I am an idiot.

The card will be fine until I get a new one.

I have the boot manager, but I don't really want it anymore. I just want to boot straight into Luma. Can I just remove the boot manager, or do I have to alter some file somewhere to get it to boot into Luma automatically?

By moving to arm9loaderhax, it's two-thousand-and-fucking-seventeen.

Sounds like a9lh will do the trick.

I've tried that several times, but every time I run fasthax all I get is a black screen and a freeze. I can't progress past that.

Can you help me with getting fasthax and how to put it correctly in my sd card user?? I'm lost in this part.

I would guess not, judging by how I'm not able to run it correctly.

I'm redoing the 3DS hack since I didn't install arm9loader last time. I'm also sick of using the boot loader. Should I just follow the guide from the Decrypt9 section?

Just start from the beginning. Then you don't miss anything important.

If you're 3ds is at 9.2 then yes.

Got it! Thanks anons.

No DQ8 NTSC?

There's an update to ACNL some time after the amiibo update, but I can't get it. An user from here said to just update it normally, but it keeps ending in an error, and nobody has uploaded the titlekeys for it on freeShop.

Hey guys, I screwed up the process on my brothers o3ds a while ago and want to restart using soundhax.

If i back up my nand to 9.2.0 without a9lh and update to 11.2.0 will it turn the 3ds back to normal? I dont want to keep a9lh because i want to start the process from scratch.

just making sure: If I bring over a Pokemon Moon save file from a banned 3ds to an unbanned one, it'll be fine, right? There won't be a way for them to track me?

To the user who bricked their 2ds like a moron because they formatted on 6.0.

gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/

I can't stop getting this bullshit. Any tips on what I should do?

My N3ds is still on 11.0.0 by the way. Will downgrading it make FBI actually work?

My question was already answered but I'm going to raise another one.
Is there any actual point in me changing to Luma3DS?
I have ReiNAND 3.0 if I'm not wrong and it's functioning well.

Was there anything added to Luma3DS that this Reinand does not have and that I will certainly use?

a9lh

100% boot rate, protection against soft bricking, use of sysnand instead of emunand and that's it, right?

So, I get the first two, why is the last one useful to me? eShop and playing on the Internet?

Boot time, more compatible with titles, dsiware and the like, can run without SD card so it's not dependent on it.

Wait, wait wait…
Can I play DS games?

Cartridge, they're still working on SD loading but I'm not keeping an eye on that.

Have you installed a9lh?

Since when does a9lh run without SD?

The installation of the a9lh is a payload written to system memory… that only serves to load something off the SD. So I'm wrong on that.
I wonder if anyone has tried to install luma to system memory to make that true though.

It was updated a while ago to boot arm9loaderhax.bin from the ctrnand should it find one there and not on the SD card.

Luma3DS is updated, ReiNand is "on hold" there's no real reason not to.

That's from arm9loaderhax. Also ability to use sysNAND safely makes it much faster at booting, doesn't require GBA titles to be installed to both NANDs, an extra 1-2GB used on the SD card, and makes it really easy to switch SD cards.

You never needed A9LH to load DS games or flash cards. Not even TWLoader needs it although the side-loader does need installing to sysNAND like GBA titles do.

this just occurred to me with the new Pokemon update.

How do I update a game on a banned system? I can't do it the normal way through Nintendo's server…

Use the public friendseed thing that unbans.

Just fucking use freeshop

I've used the friendseed of a second console and that only unbanned ingame matching stuff, not my NNID. There's a way to get my console able to use the eshop again?

how? Redownload entire game? or is there a way to just download the patch?

All right, maybe if I include pictures someone can lend me a hand.

The first picture is the result I get when I run fasthax. The second picture is the result I get when I press start after fasthax reports success. This has happened over 20 times now. It never progresses past this point.

freeShop will tell you if an installed game has an available update or DLC.

Do you have a game cartridge loaded?

Yes, there's a Stella Glow cartridge loaded in.

hi people. im the guy that formatted my 2DS with 2.1.0 FW on it.

this came out to fix that issue: gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/

since i have my hacked N3DS, and OoT, how can I go about fixing my 2DS? do i just follow the OoTHax guide? (gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339/)

thanks friends

So, it's ok if I do the process on a 4gb card and then move all the files to a bigger SD card ?

Yep, that's exactly what I did.

So, what skills should I be appointing my party in DQ8?

alright well i fixed my 2DS. here is i did it in case anyone needs to.

thread:gbatemp.net/threads/2dsaver-beta-fix-your-2ds-format-brick-testers-needed.457828/

Can't get past launching fasthax. whenever I launch it it says beginning attempt. then says UAF succeeded and local backdoor installed.
warning unreachable node, found 5,9!
found parent and orphan: 0xfff74e44 ->0xfff74e48
K11_exploit succeeded

but when i press start i get a frozen red screen so i restart and try again and again. what am i doing wrong, I've been stuck at this part for 2 days now

I don't know, but if you figure it out, let me know, too. I've been stuck at that point for days.

So anyone play the new Yoshi game yet?

Platformers are not inherently bad