Has anyone else given up on modern gaming? I just emulate ps1 and earlier

Has anyone else given up on modern gaming? I just emulate ps1 and earlier.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox-only_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube_games
ngemu.com/threads/why-is-xbox-emulation-premature.132032/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_generation_of_video_game_consoles#Worldwide_sales_standings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best thing to do nowadays. Enough games that are fine to play that you'll never run out of shit to do.

Saturn > PS1.

Do you use Yabuse or do you own the system? I want to shiro.

Own the system with flashed AR cart so can play burnt shit. Easiest thing to do whilst waiting for USB add-on to come out.

That's cool. I really want to play bomberman on saturn. I hear it's the best.

It's a lot of fun. Colourful as fuck, ability to play 10 player splitscreen, can be a great time.

Not necessarily given up, by fuck me am I starting to make progress on my backlog these days.

Playing through the Mis-Adventures of Tron Bonne and Legend of Dragoon now.

I haven't bothered with this gen at all, I still see games that interest me on the likes of the 360 such as all the Cave shooters that came out but yeah I mostly emulate as well from the PS1 down.

Not going to lie, I am envious that I don't have a Saturn, especially with all the shooters on the system.

I owned one and I can still admit that there is nothing that hasn't been done better on newer systems. The ps1 is only good for nostalgia.

it's not splitscreen, it's same screen. Uses Saturn's widescreen mode too. I play games on all systems, modern ones too, just as they come out. My PS4 will be getting a lot of attention this month.

Saturn is the best, however. Panzer Dragoon Saga is one of the best JRPGs ever made.

GC/PS2 also has some pretty good games. A shame we can't emulate the Xbox though.

I find it insane that you'd most likely get a working 360 emulator before an Xbox emulator.

original xbox's are super cheap to get a hold of.

Oh I know, I just mean how much of a pain in the arse the Xbox is to emulate.

This is a meme, the PS2 and Gamecube aren't any easier to emulate. Xbox emulation sucks because most of the best exclusives like Halo got PC ports so there is no motivation to work on it. Meanwhile PS2 and Gamecube have loadsaexclusives and JRPGs and shit to get the autistic super programmers amped up.

the best exclusives are still pretty much 100% exclusive to the system. The gamecube has less exclusives, and even less games. The documentation leak is pretty much entirely to thank for the GC emulation. PS2 is a mess but its a passionate one.

I thought there would at least be people autistic dedicated enough to properly emulate the Xbox

Most autistic programming savants are weebs and Nintendo fans. There are barely any weeb games on the Xbox, especially not popular ones like Final Fantasy. Certainly no Zelda or Mario. So Panzer Dragoon Orta sits there and rots because all of the programmers grew up with PS2 and Gamecube, and most of the Xbox fans grew up to be CoD playing retards.

yeah, the xbox had more (and better) exclusives. And they're almost all still exclusive.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_GameCube-exclusive_titles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox-only_games
the wikipedia xbox list is also incomplete, missing essentials like magatama.

I suppose.

Yes. I use Linux now

So then why is it still not emulated? Why do you never see people breaking out the OG Xbox the way they do with the PS2 and Gamecube? Why did everyone use their softmodded Xboxes as emulator machines instead of trying out the system's expansive library of exclusives?

Because nobody ever cared about those games.

The first Xbox was a Halo machine, and Halo got a PC port, so no one really cares.

Yep, that's what I said:
ID: 5a1e0d doesn't agree.

been emulating for years

you know I've never owned an Xbox nor have I cared if they would ever emulate the system.
Looking at the list of exclusives I doubt I would even bother with an emulator if someone developed on. I don't even like GameCube games that much aside from Metriod Prime 1 and Wind Waker the library is also basically garbage.

Those two games are so great to just binge on

great games aren't popular, news at 11.

Have fun with Gravity Rush 2.

is that released yet?

It's like you don't know anybody in retail.

Jesus, is that how much games are these days?

MAME is love.
MAME is life.

Fuck console and computer games.

I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics on my PSP. It's boring but comfy at the same time, i can't explain it.

I gave up like 7 years ago.

Isn't there slowdown on that version? I always see the PS1 version getting recommended instead.

There's a fan-made patch for use with PPSSPP or a CFW PSP that removes the slowdown.

I have it patched

Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Most recent system I have is a Vita. While I still find games to enjoy with it, I do find myself looking a lot more to games I missed out on the past from 7th gen and earlier, between having a PS3, modded Wii, CFW PSP, DS, and a PS2 with an IDE drive.

Might get a PS4 somewhere down the line when there's enough games of interest to warrant it (I usually get into system late anyhow, which provides generally cheaper purchases and an established library), but I'm really not sure when that will be, especially since Sony's method of taking games that were PS3/Vita/PS4 multiplat in Japan and making them regional PS4 exclusives in the west isn't helping to convince me.

I seem to recall some other people taking issue with the translation for the PSP version, but if memory serves the PS1 version had it's own English script issues.

Flashed my own AR on a Model 2, that took a lotta swaps.

The OG Xbox is a mess of undocumented parts, that's why it's hard to emulate

Please tell about those PC ports like Panzer Dragoon Orta, JSRF, Ninja Gaiden Black, Phantom Dust, MechAssault 1 and 2, Steel Battalion, Metal Wolf Chaos, Kingdom Under Fire, and a PC port of Halo 2 that wasn't fucked because of Wangblows Vista.

Because you're a retarded weeb Nintencuck that probably still believes the meme that the Cuckcube is more powerful than Xbox because it could do a handful of sophisticated posy-processing effects. And the Cube had less exclusives, and sold less than both Xbox and PS2

You mean like literally every fucking console ever made
They're all undocumented. There's always reverse engineering work to be done. They just didn't do it for the Xbox because nobody fucking cares.

So, 9 niche games? Gee, why aren't people sinking thousands of hours into reverse engineering this console?

What the fuck is this?

Please read: ngemu.com/threads/why-is-xbox-emulation-premature.132032/
before running your mouth like a nigger.

Also Breakdown, Crimson Skies High Road to Revenge, Voodoo Vince, Blinx, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Gun Valkyrie, SMT: NINE, Otogi 1 and 2, Project Gotham Racing 1 and 2, Amped 2, Rallisport Challenge 2, DOA3, DOA Xtreme Volleyball, and like a 100 more I'm forgetting. Also, best multiplats, which will look better upscaled than their PS2 ports.

But keep running your fat nigger lips, it's cute how wrong you are.

EVERY FUCKING THREAD WHERE SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING NICE ABOUT THE OG XBOX SOME FUCKING SPERG COMES OUT OF THE WOODWORK TO SAY THE GAMECUBE WAS BETTER XDDD IF THE EXBAWKS IS SO GREAT THEN WHY ARENT THEUBMAKING AN EMULATOR FOR IT LOL LIKE CLOCKWORK. Watch this video and tell me how much more powerful the GC looks right?

bump

We've all read that copypasta before. He has a point but every emulation project has these kinds of hurdles. Unless something leaks you're always working without official documentation, you're always reverse engineering incredibly complex undocumented hardware, usually far more custom and unknown than the stuff that makes up the Xbox. They didn't do it for the Xbox because nobody fucking cares about the Xbox, it's as simple as that.

How does it feel to be this emotionally invested in a 15 year old Halo machine?

How does it feel to repeat the same non arguments to defend your Melee machine every thread?

This much salt over the X-Box 15 years later?

SMT: NINE, it was basically Atlus trying to make an MMO version of SMT, but due to time and budget issues, they hacked out the MMO stuff and made it a barren single player game. I want to play it just for the art, as it was done by Yasumi Umetsu, creator of Kite and Mezzo Forte.

Yeah we get it, you think that just because your lunch box got a working emulator that Xbox is inferior and not worthy of emulation, despite everyone in thread and in previous OG Xbox generals proving you otherwise.

It's the same fucking autist who seems unable to keep his trap shut whenever someone mentions the XB, he has to chime in and talk about how great and so much better the GameCube is.

Also, thanks for proving me right in how the Xbox had more exclusives than the Smash box, as clearly exclusive titles are why people want to emulate consoles.

How rude.

Some people never grow up.

Don't you trigger me, you bully. I'm already almost out of pages in my coloring book, and it's only 3pm.

Nigger consoles, both of them. 7800 master race.

lol you can think whatever you want, the results don't lie and we live in a reality where there are no good Xbox emulators and nobody is working on it
t. guy who owned all of the consoles back in the day and isn't a fanboy over a fucking Halo machine

Because its hard to do due to the Xbox infrastructure.

I mean at this point its easier to buy the actual console and mod it yourself, you can even give it more megs allowing you to play stuff like arcade perfect ports of games like Virtua Cop 3 which never made it to any home systems.

And its pathetic that your only retort is Halo machine.

Have fun not enjoying Hang-on and Phantasy Star.

That's all you got Segakiddo? I'll be playing Crystalis and Castlevania 3 lol

I've given up on gaming, period. It gives me no pleasure anymore. Hardly anything does, for that matter.

I searched for "Xbox emulator" and found this insightful plebbit post.

"Will there ever be an xbox emulator?"

Hence why you think the ConnectivityCube had more exclusives an dpeople "car about it more"

I know, so I'll post them again, because you obviously love being wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_generation_of_video_game_consoles#Worldwide_sales_standings

Being a loud mouth nigger must be suffering.

I just bought a NEO GEO. New games just don't make me happy. It's like, "man, reality sure does suck" "here's this game we spend a billion dollars making photo realistic with no fun allowed. It's just like reality!"

Video games became movies, & aside from Nier 2, & maybe some of the switch titles, I have no interest in modern games.

It's like you enjoy playing shit ports.

Except that the retard who wrote that post is wrong. All the lesser known exclusives are the reason to create an emulator. Nobody cared about the PSP or the GC until it got an emulator and people were able to see all the hidden gems. The OG XB also has all the best versions of multiplatforms but this post implies that everyone will conform with the worst versions on the PS2 which isn't the case for anyone with half a brain.

Fixed. No amount of de-interlacing and upscaling will hide how ugly a lot PS2 ports that were multiplat.

That's cute how they don't specify what those other games are. Pretty sad you CubeCucks are also redditors. Also

Yes, I remember the annual releases and Athlete endorsements of points based street racing game based on "stylish racing" and Nipponese titty fighting simulator.

Goddamn you're a retard. Please go back home >>>/reddit/

Where's the Xbox emulators?
Where's the Xbox "retro" scene?

That's what every one of you niggers said with Super Nintendo and below. Underage nigger.

Slowly being made by one autist.

So how long are you going to keep showing that you're a newfag redditor who missed out on those OG Xbox generals we had a couple of months ago? And where's the "Gamecube" retro scene? Protip: Melee doesn't count.

Not an argument, unless you are going to counter my argument fuck off.

Relax, he just rolled in from reddit, he's resorting to non-arguments because he has no karma bullshit here.

I don't know about master race but it is fun.

Xbox has like 10 good games total, and only because of Japanese developers like Sega and Tecmo.

user you can stop now, you aren't in highschool anymore, your buddies won't hate you or bully you for your console choice, you are free to play what you want, such is the joy of being an adult.

Just stop.

Ever Oasis will be the last modern game I ever play. There wasn't a single new game last year (Dragon's Dogma is 2012, doesn't count) that was good. From this point on, all new games are shit and not worth playing.

If you bothered reading the prior posts on this thread then you would know that it has more than 10 worthwhile exclusives.

You probably need dopamine. Tweak your diet.

Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio 2, DoA3, Ninja Gayden, Metal Wolf Chaos, Steel Battalion… what else?

To add to this, I am fully prepared for the possibility that Ever Oasis is a piece of trash, most new games that had some potential turn out to be nowadays (Dark Shits 2, Half Genie Hero). The only other new game I would ever play in the future from now is Golden Sun 4 if it ever happens.

Phantom dust

Otogi, Otogi 2, Stubbs, Kingdom Under Fire, Phantom Dust, Phantom Crash, Thousand Land, Blinx (maybe), Vince, MechAssault

Otogi
Otogi 2
Crimson Skies
DOA Xtreme Volleyball
Voodoo Vince
Blinx
Toejam and Earl 3
Mechassault
Mechassault 2
Breakdown
Kingdom Under Fire
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Amped 2
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham 2
Rallisport Challenge 2
Gun Valkyrie

There is always going to be a dedicated circle of autists that focus on the homebrew scene of a console. The OG XB also had it but the HB scene is not representative of any sort of major audience for a console. Emulation was the tipping point for the PSP.

Dude, those games were poopy, with the exception of PGR and PDust.

Can you get higher dopamine just by changing diet? Don't I need meds for that?

Give me individual reasons for why you believe that those games are bad, yeah? I bet you have never played Otogi 2 or Thousand Land

How is it possible to have any taste after sucking so much cock?

Most likely a neverever sadly, especially since from what I've heard anyhow (I don't have a 3DS or Wii U), Isaac even got cut from the assist trophies for Smash Bros 4. Probably a safe bet that Camelot is just going to be a Mario sports dev team from now on.

Going laugh though if it does happen, and Alex still isn't even fightable.

I know it will never happen, I just wish they could have a continuation to fix the mess that went nowhere in Dark Dawn and to finally fight Alex. What happened to Camelot?

I've been wondering about that myself. Their prior specialty seemed to have been JRPGs, or at least tactical JRPGs, given their past with Sega producing Shining games, but with Nintendo they've mostly been relegated to Mario sports. And while Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age were pretty decent (albeit not without flaw), it was a good seven or eight years of nothing until Dark Dawn. And with the issues Dark Dawn has it strikes me that Camelot HAD to have known they would anger fans of the prior ones, it makes me wonder if they even wanted to make another Golden Sun in the first place (admittedly, Alex aside, the GBA games wrapped up reasonably well anyhow). Maybe they're more content with making Mario shoot hoops or knock golf balls out of sandtraps than taking the time needed to make JRPGs, and I assume Nintendo would be pretty happy with something easier to sell worldwide, given the difference in recognizability between Mario and, say, Isaac.

this is the only game I play tbh.

Playing melee gets the same feeling if not better than when I was a kid with friends playing vidya game. Especially because the competition is equivalent to watching hajimme no ippo.

So I agree with OP, old game are top tier and really is the least depressing stuff to do since we have to play IRL in order to play "online"

It's like they just stopped caring and lost their passion to make games. Generic Mario sports is the vidya equivalent of being a codemonkey.
With the bad guys in Dark Dawn, I thought there could be so much room for the next game to have cool shit like dark and light psynergy/adepts and so many more expanded classes with the Djinn system. Paladin a best

Yeah, but if they didn't want to make another Golden Sun themselves after the GBA ones, and Nintendo forced them to after having heard fan outcry over the years, it wouldn't surprise me if maybe they sabotaged it themselves so fans might not want more. Only excuse I can think of, unless the staff at the Camelot changed between the TLA and Dark Dawn. Really though, sometimes it's for the best something doesn't continue, be it the story having wrapped up, the devs themselves not wanting to, or [CURRENT YEAR] standards for development and/or localization.

Yes, I don't even know what the modern games are or who plays them. Very rarely, like once every two years, I might pick up something a try that interests me, like the new Zelda that they say will make a return to exploration. I don't expect much, the only new game that I played for more than 10 hours because it was actually somewhat enjoyable was Ni No Kuni (and even that was very flawed,) so I'll probably pick up Ni No Kuni 2.

They have a great PSP Emulator now and it is easy as fuck to install/use. PPSSPP

Yes don't use that other garbage that was done in Java. Fucking waste of time.

this tbh lads

You gotta be fucking kidding, PS1 had a superior library and superior technology, what was so great on the Saturn.

Probably the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know of a program that can recreate a controller input at the press of a button?

I am trying to play some old Noami Games, but one of them has a very strict 360 degree motion input I have to do, which is essential for speed running it.

Please don't reply to saturn user.

Yes, I have my Shield K1 connected to a DualShock 4 controller.

With emulation, I'm always on the look up for obsecure titles or translations of Japanese SFC/PSX/PC-Engine games I never tried.

OP, I'm right there with you. Now that the Vita is pretty much done, I have no incentive to buy new games. I'm just falling back on older ones. I still have a large backlog, so it's not as though I'm hurting for games to play. Makes it worse when I mod consoles.

People get up in arms over the slowdown, but I barely noticed any real slowdown when I first played through the game. Summons, dances, songs, and spells like Flare and Holy were noticeable, but general gameplay wasn't much of an issue. I don't know why you'd flat out avoid the PSP version.

Of course, you can patch the game as well.

Aren't those obscenely expensive? Good on you for managing to find one. Emulated a couple games on my Vita. It's a nice fight box.

To the dude trying to discredit the Xbox: Why? It's already dead. In the meantime, the people who have one have plenty of options.

While we're on the topic of older consoles, has anyone tried playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 with OPL on PS2? I think I have a bad rip or something, but I get a black screen on boot.

That's my shit. How'd Legend of Dragoon? I bought that on flash sale last year and haven't touched it yet. Too many JRPGs to play.

$50-60, unless you are some poor fucker in Australia where they charge $100. But of course that really doesn't matter when you pirate.

Was this an aesthetic decision?
Why only 2 memory cards? Why on top of each controller?
Obviously the second memory card has nothing to do with the second player. It's not a "memory card for player 2", it's just an extra memory card for the system. And yet, it is under the big ass "2", over the controller of the second player, so it makes you think each memory card is for each player or some shit like that, which they obviously aren't.
So, why?
If this was just for aesthetics, they could've come up with something better than that, surely.

So when player 2 comes over with their own memory card they can put it in the player 2 slot and then take it home again when they leave? Not hard to figure out.

Are you autistic?

You're implying each owner is only supposed to have one memory card, then. I always had 2 on my console to have all the save files available.

Besides, going by the "have each owner have only one memory card" rule, if somebody else comes to my house and we're going to play this particular game that he's gotten far into, then it wouldn't matter if he puts the memory card into the second slot or if he replaces my memory card with his. We're going to play that game, so we need only that save file.

By your logic, there's no reason to restrict the slots to only 2, and there's certainly no reason to link each memory card to each memory, they have nothing to do with each other.

To each player*

Nobody said that you are supposed to have only one.

You kinda did.
If I have 2, then he can replace either with his.
Memory cards have nothing to with players. They're just extra storage

Makes sense to me.

No, that's fine. Put the memory card slots on the front, whatever.
My issue is with putting them in a way that makes you think each memory card is associated with each player.

I'm not quite seeing that. They're numbered slots, but they're not directly associated with one another.

Is there a NEO GEO Everdrive yet?

The thing is, the number goes for both the controller slots and the memory card slots. Not to mention the fact that the memory cards are right on top of each controller slot.

At first glance, without reading the "memory card" bit, one might imagine each slot on top of each controller is for something related to each controller, maybe something you insert there to give the controller extra functions, or something like that.

A lot of the fun that came from classic games was seeing how rapidly things were evolving and imagining where they would go next.

This was especially true in Gen 5, when level designs and control schemes and story were all experiment and strange.

Playing old games like banjo tooie and Klonoa 2 can be fun, but knowing they never amount to anything beyond that kind of spoils the mood.

You are overthinking this

Maybe, but you kinda have to when you're a designer, specially for a product this big.

Post-SNES 90s consoles were all fucking ugly.

Does it matter? I never had that problem when playing with other people. We knew which memory card went to who and that was that.

that looks really bad

It's perfectly usable, no doubt.
My point is that the way it labels things is a bit misleading. Kind of like making a website and putting the privacy settings item in the column for purchases instead of the column for personal information.

games that didn't suck 40+ hours of your life away for one

the SNES is one of the ugliest consoles ever produced

The american SNES maybe.

They did, it's called the psone

This nigger is right

They're relatively cheap until you start buying the multitaps + controllers for 10 way Bomberman plus the hardmod isn't particularly hard. We should be getting a USB loader in the near future since some genius finally cracked it.

The xbox is surprisingly fun to mod. Plus best version of multiplats frees up space in my other modded same gen consoles.

Dude you'd be quite surprised how the body achieves the creation of dopamine.

Not him but, also take your vitamin b12 nigger.

Modern games are bearable, if you can heavily mod them. Learn how to mod and it'll make any game experience 6.000.000x better. Don't forget to share your mods either.

Go back to >>>/reddit/ and kill yourself.

Yes.

I'm just going to save up money for Yugioh, older games and a computer to make my own damn games.

Doesn't take much money to buy a decent computer. One month of work.

Sounds like someone can't mod.

Scared the feds will investigate your shitposting?

I started playing in Mega Drive, after PS1, after a lot of PS2.
Today, most PS1 and PS2 games looks outdated. Mega Drive games are awesome.

Sounds like someones a nigger who enables the practice of developing shit games

Lol

I still come here from time to time to see if any surprises come up, but other than that my current store of games is pretty much all I really enjoy.

Yep. I've got original hardware for DOS/Win9x, PS2, Wii/GC, and each Ninty handheld and enough roms and wads to last me a lifetime. I've also got USB adapters for some retro controllers so I can use the original first party ones.

The memory card lines up exactly with the controller connector, so it doesn't stick out unless there's no controller under the second card which most people don't even use. It has nothing to do with the players.

I'm getting a lot of funny ideas

quads

Ch-checked

wew

Dubs?

I just play whatever the hell I like, old or new, it does not matter. Shrugging off newer games as 100% bad because fucking AAA is sewage is similar to shrugging off older games for not having good grafx

Some stuff is alright. Just bought mother Russia bleeds and they added some neat stuff to the genre like a dash button, air throws, and a trip that knocks people behind you instead of off screen.

Just wish I had friends to play it with.

There have been Beat em ups with dashing since the NES just saying

The dash is animated in a nice way though. All the shots have impact in a way I haven't seen since dishwasher samurai for sexbox 360.

I haven't given up totally, but I probably won't buy a Switch at launch, if it gets better then I might buy one.

Good thing the PS2 torrent is like 2TB so I have some time to hunt the others down.

There was this screenshot of a private tracker that had every single NTSC/U XB game on it. As for the PSP, Emuparadise is really fast.

Any anons have that screenshot? I'd love to download all them games.

Might be worth noting that while Emuparadise has most stuff for the PSP, the late localizations for the system are still absent last I checked (the original Japanese ones are what they have for stuff like Brandish and TitS: SC), and I don't think they bother to have prepatched fan-translated games (which seems to be the case for most of the not-really old systems there on the whole; PS2 as well). Though, maybe that's what I'm seeing because I'm looking in their direct downloads section.

Yes & Yes. I'm using a Supergun to play arcade carts. The only Flash card is like $500 & it takes 3 minutes to load a single game.

What a waste of money to be honest

Superguns are cheap as shit to build, & even though the Flash card is like $500, that's the ENTIRE neo geo library on one cartridge. The alternative it to spend hundreds per cart for MVS games, or thousands per cart on aES games.

To the Point: $600-&700 for a supergun + Flashcart is a fucking steal if you don't want to emulate.

Yep. Mostly Doom and some emulation on an Odroid SBC running Recalbox.

Speaking of Doom, Zandronum 3.0 Alpha looks really promising for multiplayer Doom. Sooo much better than the current full release