Remember when we got good localizations? Yeah, me neither

Remember when we got good localizations? Yeah, me neither

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!P41FxRxB!UBA5EFdCxlZeutxY-2L7W17FLgqIAzm2ZDRecGxFVSs
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Translation_project
pastebin.com/bRNZdkx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't this game have a living sword that has a sex scene?

Is this one of those reddit "literally unplayable" jokes?

Different game(s) in the same series.

I wouldn't know.

do you have the original japanese text and a translator to confirm?

Yes

I suppose I could get it on nya again and text hook up to this point but it's hardly one thing either. Some really weird shit like demons being localized as fiends, demon king Gi as archfiend Giles, Toushi as Wargods, seirogan as ibuprofen and such.

Leaving some shit in Jap but changing previously translated phrases in bad English is especially jarring.

While annoying; pic related is what you have to work with. You don't know who is speaking, when it changes who is speaking, or scenes or whatever else. This example is interacting with various different things inside different levels.

Why wouldn't you use something like related? ITH VNR especially?

I have a great deal of sympathy for the amount of work needed to properly patch something but if you go out of your way to kikeout at least don't have the same copy pasted scene repeat time and bloody time again. I've seen this one at least ten times, word for bloody word.

There are also several quests in which you search rooms for something, and having the same copy pasted dialogue repeat ~dozen times in the span of five minutes is really comfy.

I'm pretty sure that's the same in the nip version, like a generic mission complete sort of convo. I know at least in the chink version it had that same ending conversation for a lot of side missions, so I would assume it would be the same.

I use the above while playing the game. It's impossible to translate most things without context. It's really tedious with branching dialogue and random events in the middle of something else that you won't see again without starting a new game.

Why aren't you learning Nipponese?

I last played this ~2012 and it was a pain in the ass with just a partial and piecing together the dialogue but I don't remember it being this repetitive. And I certainly don't remember any stronk haniwa or the word tranny. ib4 I find a GG reference NG+ :^)

He's right you know, you really need to modernize.

Just saying the repetitiveness is probably not just a product of laziness on the translator side. SJWism I don't remember if it was like that in what I played, but the translator adding that sort of stuff wouldn't surprise me.

Dammned if you do dammened if you don't. As long as the tranny muder is uncenceored I personaly dont give a shit.

On the postgame and I never saw any SJW shit whatsoever on my playthrough. The only thing i have ageinst the translation are the wired name changes and there is a mod to undo that at least.

I downloaded the jap version a few years back so I can try and see if the mission complete conversations are the same everytime later on.

Was supprised Karma's CGs were not censeroed. If there was anything I actualy expected to get censeroed it be that.

Glorious.

I'd say more nepnep tier hipstershit than sjw shit and not surprising considering the translator.

The what now?

Would you rather "xir" and "xer" you tranny faggot?

Someone already made a mod to cange all the new phrases and names back to there old ones(like changing fined back to demon).

Havent given it a shot yet cause only found out a few days ago(and already halfway through the postgame) but if I ever replay this game playing that version and will probaly wait for similar mods for future releases.

*fiend back to demon

You talking nameshit patch or something else? Because as far as I know nameshit got pulled by authorfag because it kept breaking the game.

Probaly that. Was unaware it broke the game. Well discard whatever I said about it then.

I believe this is the fixed version
mega.nz/#!P41FxRxB!UBA5EFdCxlZeutxY-2L7W17FLgqIAzm2ZDRecGxFVSs

Well, fuck me sideways and call me archfiend Jill.

You're offended because the translation referred to a tranny as "her"? Shit, if it were "xer" or something that would be one thing, but you're throwing a fit over nothing.

I think that your definition of throwing a fit is different from mine, but seriously, scroll down from the OP a bit. But I'd lie if I said I didn't have a bone to pick with maria who not only singlehandedly delayed these games by well over a year and helped mangagamer hold said games hostage with haruka but decided to fuck with established names and give Rance the full nepnep treatmentI'm not too thrilled about the couple current year memes I ran into, either.

If there is one thing I respect about MangaGamer it's that they don't censor loli like JAST. Fuck they even released a shota protagonist game, I doubt any other eroge localization company has the balls to do that.

Can't blame you for that, I feel the same way about the shit she pulled, but I can also see why she did it. Even if she fucked over /haniho/ some years ago, the result is Rance officially in English. On one hand it's hard to be mad about it, but on the other I'm not entirely happy about it.
And no, Rance did not get the nepnep treatment, anything this translation did is not close to that. I'm not defending the translation, but it's disingenuous at best to compare it to that butchering of a translation.

(checked)
Granted, but the first Engrish nepnep wasn't too horrible either.

Yeah, "she" definitely didn't fuck over anyone else out of pure kikery. Using Aten's work on 5D was just a malicious rumor.

Shit, is JAST still doing that? I remember they removed the loli scenes in May Club like 15 years ago.

Why wouldn't they be doing that? It's obvious leftist moral crusaders are very concerned about the welfare of imaginary children.

They censor things that could break obscenity laws in certain countries or states since they deal primarily in physical media. MangaGamer is all digital so they don't have to worry about shit like that.

how is the status of rance quest ? and rance IX ?

or (better?)
Daiteikoku?
the only source i used was :
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Translation_project

was there really any chance for the last 2 years?

Never ever

Remember to give transhits zero tolerance.

Remember to suck off that kike with a smile support the devs.

OLD FAN TRANSLAtiond of my game are canun you can't hire profesional translators and change minior terms im so mad im punching my wall right NOW AND MY MOM IS CALLING THE POLICE BECAUSE IM OPNNCHING FURNITURE INSTEAD OF EATING HER CHIKCEN TENDIES AND STURING BECAUSE IM OPUTSIDER AND WILL LEARN MY OWN WAY WITH INTERNET DISCUSSION IM SURE BEING A RETARD IS A WELL PAID JOB

Impressive

Is there a similar patch to the that for Rance 5D?

"Their flesh was pulverized to pieces"
Its not proper English but language isn't static by nature.

At least he didn't use Xir.

This kind of reminds me of what happens when many actors are not given direction by a director. They may have the skills to act and portray emotions and what not but they may also not have the vision required to determine what a writer would want them to portray without being outright told.
Does Manga Gamer have translator directors for their translators?

why would you crush my dreams like that ?

Wait a minute, more rance games have been translated? links plox

They can be pruchased on Manga Gamer If you'd like to pirate them halfchan's /vg/ has links in their pastebin pastebin.com/bRNZdkx0
Its strange that /vg/ was born of cancer but has remained for better or for worse just as cancerous as it was in its inception despite all that has happened to halfchan.

We've got our very own /hgg/ and sharethreads you know

Wait a sec,What happened again with the fan translations? I vaguely remember some dickhead backstabbing another translator

Short story? Rance Magnum dropped at ~30% iirc and this Maria fellow showed up to pick up the slack, couple of months and blogposts later 5D stalled at ~50-60%. Maria again heroically picked up the slack (and the hyping) and went to complete it using the Atens previous work.

Enter arunaru of /vg/ and Kichikuou Rance fame and his crew doing Rance 6 who also stalled, and Maria, who again completely heroically offers to help them finish and combo with 5D since reasons.

Couple of more months, blogfagging and hype Maria announces that they'll postpone the completed patches until mangagamer considers them profitable and the best way to do that is quote: BUY HARUKA.
The damage control and backtracking were spectacular in themselves.

There's also "Maria" exposed for freelancing under a different name for mangagamer for some two years before that, the uncredited and originally fanpatch work on 5D or 6 they took, polished and sold, the affectionately dubbed nameshit factor of them giving a finger to previous translations and more.

And I say them because it's become increasingly difficult to tell one hipster kike from another.

source for the anime?

We still do. Niche JRPGs and VNs usually receive a more straightforward TL and they dump cancerous English dubs.

The mainstream shit, and mostly Nintendo, gets fucked regularly though.

Alright, I'll spoonfeed you this once but it's embarrassing not being able to reverse image in the current year+2

cheers bruv

wow its fucking nothing

Fuck still mad the replaced synthesizing skits with fucking dancing.

What are you on about, he even calls the tranny a tranny

That PSO comment might be legit assuming this is also legit. But again one must assume this to be correct, but considering how big PSO was I wouldn't be shocked if its legit.

but they are just crating context you fags

So, where could I download his games? Jap or not, couldn't care less.

Best post in thread. You wanna shit on the translators this is all you need. No need to reach for some vague SJW shit or anything. "Maria" is an awful person and huge kike.

PSO is wired thing to reference in current year+2 but back in 2002-2004 I can see it happen. Alicesoft seem to love referencing whatever there into at the time in there games. They had a CG that was basically just an Attack on Titan reference in IX so they still do it.

Also pretty sure that american flag joke was in the Toushin Toshi games as well. Also there was a enemy called NATO in the early games that looked tough but died in one hit when you hit with its weakness. Alicesoft has always shat on america and the west so the star spangled banner joke probably also legit.

Links for the translated ones should be in the pastebin posted. Have Fun.

It's not a very weird reference in Japan. PSO is a pretty popular game, it still gets a lot of deals with other franchises, featuring them with items/events and whatnot.

So is the game itself good? Is the translation bad or is OP just getting his panties in a bunch over nothing?

Are you into Rance or dungeon crawlers? Do you prefer Archfiend Jill or Demon King Gi, JAPAN or Nippon? When you make up your mind ITT you've got both the dl and the nameshit patch.