Xenoblade Chronicles 2 the 6th game in the franchise

Well…

How much you want to bet the X stood for 10?

I fully expect some serious faggotry with the "translation" if this makes it out of Japan.

I wonder will they put pants on a hero. Because that's the only censorship i want.

I hope you can take the pants off the heroine.

They showed it in the american side so it probably will make it over here. There was a lot of games they only announced in japan like The square Enix RPG project, SMTV, and I am Setsuna.

I wonder if nintendo thinks we are all muslims now.

The first pic is a costume redesign that we don't know is censorship, the second was added in translation.

First Xeno game without mechs.
Also, don't even question if it's gonna be censored.

We don't know that. Xenoblade Chronicles had a weird thing with Mechs where they weren't playable but they were heavily involved in the story I can't say anymore without it being spoilers.

Who gives a fuck.
This isn't reddit.
The mechs weren't playable but they were still mechs.

True, which is why we don't know if this game will have them or not. could be they're pushed back as a story element again. Could be they're playable again and we just haven't seen them yet.

You mean like how Assassin's Creed 3 was the 5th game in the main series?

Hard to call it a franchise when it's owned by three different publishers and the only connection between them is very slight non-infringing nods in the plot.

I hope we see this next year, it looks to be quite far along with voice work already recorde. If it's a single contiguous Titan, if the player can get a mech to explore the whole fucking thing I will lose my shit.

She looks better with pants on.

The characters age has me concerned. He looks drastically younger than the typical Xenoseries protagonists, which might be indicative of them trying to target a slightly younger audience. I am scared to death of that proposition, since a more kids-friendly story would butcher the entire appeal.

Of course, I'm also readying myself for the inevitable censorship, come "localization."

Well, if you wanna get technical about it. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is technically the 7th installment in the series.
1:) Xenogears V
2:) Xenosaga Episode I
3:) Xenosaga Episode II
4:) Xenosaga Episode III
5:) Xenoblade Chronicles
6:) Xenoblade Chronicles X
7:) Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I think it's just the artstyle, he's probably the same age as Shulk.

So Nintendo of JPs Switch website lists Xenoblade 2 as a 2017 release, the game is a lot further along then I thought.

Well Monolith is big enough for multigame development. They probably had a B team working on it since near the end of Xenoblade so that gives it about 2-3 years development time. They did just hire a lot of new people back in 2014 as well.

Takahashi even said this game had already been in development during the Iwata asks interview jokingly saying something along the lines that he never gets a break.

I swear if this game ends up fucked I'll learn japanese. I almost did after the first one.

Its gonna be hamburgered

The abolishing of region restrictions is probably one of the best things about the Switch.

I bought Xenoblade X in 2015 and I was shocked how americanized it was spaceship has US flag, "New LA", US rock music theme, no JPN audio

Then a year later I got myself to give it a chance and it is a decent game. Even after all the censoring and localization faggotry.

The Japanese version also had the US flag on the ark ship with the Americanized soundtrack, it was a stylistic choice made early on.

It seems the swich won't be region locked like it's predecesor, fingers crossed and we might get a global release with all the lanuages included
Hippste won't be able to chop to much game off if it's the same version played by Nips
I doub't nintendo would want to piss their local consummers by pandering to western hippsters

Also I'm just happy that they finally learned how to design faces. I still have nightmares about the character designs from XCX.

Fiora.

She's closer to a cyborg.

I can't believe that hussy would show the upper part of her arm.

I just want my Japanese audio. The dub for Xenoblade X was beyond atrocious.

So are all the mechons. She's just knock off KOS-MOS anyway. Mary = Mayneth.

Looking forward to the censorship and stupid Treehouse jokes.

(Region free and I'm sure someone will hack the Switch so it's going to be fine in a few years)

I hope this is not an offline MMORPG simulator with nigger music like Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Sawano's music isn't bad, but it all follows the same formula and that gets old.

I wonder if its called Xenoblade Chronicles 2 because it is a direct sequel to the first one or because they realized X had a stupid name and trying to give the series a more standardized name as it becomes there Final Fantasy.

I'm glad they are going back to a defined main character and making it more story heavy. The world building and cliff hanger of X feels wasted but it wasn't their best work anyway.

So it looks like this one also takes place on a gaint monster or right next to a giant monster.

What if it takes place on 4 different giant monsters?

Where do you get that from?

Yes! His music is more hit than miss.

Xenoblade 1 took place on 2 giant mechas, so Xenoblade 2 should take place on 4 giant somethings.

Thats terrible.

Loss Islands

Large Grasslands area with the giant monster, the scene where the girl is riding the tiger shows a jungle area, the clip where main guy is running at the camera displays what appears to be a volcanic/rock area on fire. The name "Elysium of the Blue Sky" appears on one of the pop in accolades text, if you stretch a little it could be implying that Elysium may be the name of a monster. We could be looking at a direct prequel to X with 4 monster paralleling to the grasslands, jungle, desert, land of white + land of black and the large tree shown in the trailer being where the Telethia nest is in X

irregardless of a bunch of theory garbo, it has to be a sequel to chronicles. The original title for Chronicles was 'Monado: the beginning of the world."

That would make it a sequel to XC1 on the new world Shulk made, a prequel to XCX on Mira before it stabilized into a planet and a midquel to Xenosaga/Gears As XC1 takes place during the Zohar Phase Transfer Experiment that destroys Earth.

From my take on it I assumed that Elysium was the place the party is trying to get to since they keep mentioning a 'journey to Elysium' which from my guess can only be the big ass tree you see in the distance. As far as the Xenoblade 2 takes place on Mira, I can only guess at that since there are a few inconsistencies, like how at the end of Xenoblade the planet that everyone ended up on was already more or less a planet complete with salty oceans and everything, and how the land of black steel was the result of an ancient war that took place on Mira.

I just hope we get a proper Nopon party member because Rikky was great. Really though I want to know is what episode is this in that six part sci-fi epic that Takahashi keeps getting screwed out of making.

Doesn't everything including Xenoblade 1 more or less belong in universes alternate to the Gears/Saga timeline since Xenoblade X has it's own version of Earth that get's fucked up.

The first Xenoblade Chronicles was shite with some of the worst combat i've experienced, literally MMO tier and the story was generic Shounen garbage. Why is this getting another sequel again?

Nice try bud.

Nice non-arguments

Xenosaga covered this already. Timeloops bro.

Well then I only played episode 1 of Xenosaga

Watch a youtube of 2's cutscenes and play 3. 3 is really good and has great robot combat. It tries very hard to be turn based ZOE, at least aesthetically.

Didn't episode 3 get censored to shit?

In the most retarded way, but there's a patch which fixes it. They removed all the blood, so at one point during the long ass "flashback that's not really a flashback to the Miltian Conflict, child-Shion is cupping her mother's blood in her hand, and in the US version, is just looking at her empty palms.

Are these games eventually going to loop back around and let us fight Fei Fong Wong as the true final boss and true incarnation of Abel?

Already happened in Xenosaga 3 bro.

Guess I need to actually play those games.

Play 1, watch 2's cutscenes on youtube, play 3, then play XG, as 3 ends s few months before XG's opening cutscene begins. The big question is if it is U-DO or Wilhelm that is trapped in the Zohar in XG.

Is 2 seriously that bad? I mean I know they ruined Kos-Mos with the new art style but doesn't MOMO go from magical girl to kung-fu master?

2 is incredibly bad. Each battle takes about ten minutes and the combat system is ass.

2 really is that bad. I played it and it makes the whole series seem worse in my eyes.
XS3 ends a few thousand years before XG opening cutscenes.

Let me enumerate the flaws:
1. Aestetics. The graphics, art style and (in game music, cutscene music is done by Yuki Kajiura and is very pleasant) are very bad, especial compared to 1 and 3. Many voice actors are replaced, with some originals returning for 3 (KOS-MOS' original voice returns for 3, thank God).

2. Combat. Each enemy has a "break zone" consisting of between three and five "points" these points are either A, B, or C, which correspond to height. So a flying enemy only has A and B. To do any significant damage you must stagger an enemy, which means that you have to "stock" multiple attakcks by guarding.

3. Customization. There is no equipment, no money and no shops. The only way to advance your character is to buy skills, which are drawn from a universal pool, which is done in a tedious and uncreative manner.

No, the Eldridge picks up Omega/DEUS, the Zohar and Abel from the orbit of Michtam a few months after 3 ends. According to the timeline of PW, the Eldridge is a contemporary of the Xenosaga civilization (The Era of Interstellar War), not something from after its collapse in X3. Then Abel makes contact again, DEUS goes out of control, then there's the timeskip to Fei's time.

this is the list in release date, not the in game history.

In the xeno universe it would go closer to:

XS1 XS2 XS3 [empty space] XB1 XB2 [empty space] XG [empty space]

There are at least 3 eras that take place on the planet after deus crashes and before we get to current time fei. Each of them taking thousands of years to mature until they are destroyed.

You're ignoring the fact that the opening cutscene is the Eldridge crash bro.

If you're going to watch XS2, you might as well watch XS3, seeing as to how it's a worse game and the ending is trash.

Isn't Deus sort of it's own thing though, it's supposed to be a super weapon that utilizes the Zohar, which was lost on Old Miltia along with the UD-O right, are you saying that UD-O and the wave form existence are the same since doesn't one drive people insane while the other doesn't? Again I haven't played anything passed Xenosaga 1.

Wouldn't XB1 be it's own thing since the entirety of the universe is destroyed and remade thousands of years before the actual events of XB1 happen.

this game should be renamed as:
Xenoblade Shotacon .

Xenosaga 3's gameplay is great, you should be beaten by sticks. The ending is good too.

If you bothered to play 2 and 3 I wouldn't have to answer your questions, as this shit is the main plot of the series.

They are the same type of being, but the WE from XG might not be U-DO as it could possibly be Wilhelm due to how X3 ends. Failed contact with the Wave Existence is what drove Lacan/Grahf insane and gave him immortality, in the exact same way Albedo and Yurviev's failed Contacts did. Yurviev even had the same method of immortality, body surfing, which is what Lacan did.

The reason why Old Miltia was sealed was because the Pope was trying to use Omega/DEUS to conquer the universe, and led to a chain of events where Shion summoned the Gnosis, causing Mizrahi to seal the sector of space behind a wormhole.

Timeloops are a major element of X3.

This is only significant in boss battles. In regular battles, aside from end-game enemies(Goddamn Ormus Knights, fuck), you don't need to use stock very often. In many cases, you build stock through attacking enemies as normal. Making use of the turn bonuses in battle also makes this process easier.

I actually found the break zones to be an interesting twist on combat. I had a great time with it. Not to mention, it's something that's very easy to pick up within the first 15 minutes of the game.

To each his own. I actually rather like the music as well.

This is the main thing that I won't defend for the sake of defending it. This system works fine for some, myself included, and poorly for others. If you blew your class points, you were in for a trip, but luckily there were items that helped you gain class and skill points. Hopefully, you would have learned your lesson if you screwed up previously. It basically goes

Management became a problem if you blew all your points early. It's more than doable otherwise. Had a lot of fun building characters up as well.

XSIII is much easier to play because it's streamlined(and rushed) as fuck. XSII differs from the first game to a good extent, but it's not that hard to pick up if you just pay attention to what you're doing. I would imagine a younger player having through, though. Is it THAT bad? I don't think so. I'm in a small minority, though. I sure as fuck enjoyed it more than I did III. If you want to talk about repetition…

This is every boss fight. Every. Boss fight. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The battle system in that game only excels in E.S. battles. Outside of that, it's just entirely dull, and things don't speed up until you get at least medium damage, medium break row attacks, which aren't unlocked until 2/3s of the way into the game. I couldn't stand it.

Customization was much simpler, though, albeit far more limited. Pick one of two branches and upgrade abilities. Simple.

XB couldn't be after XG because there wouldn't be any magic and robots wouldn't work

It could be before XG because the universe is kinda fucked over after XS3 and as I said before XS3 is thousands of years before the events of XG takes place. One of the in between years is during a primitive time on the world of XG where miracles take place, so that could be XB.

Xenosaga is one of those games that scalpers get a huge stiffy over, I was lucky to find part 1 in a gamestop all of those years ago.

I'll probably play them at some point but I didn't realize that Takahashi had been kinda sorta continuing to do the whole sci-fi epic thing, my assumption that Xenosaga was a reboot of Xenogears, not a weird continuation, which sucks because apparently Xenosaga 3 ends with trying to find the Earth. Honestly this just makes me wonder how the hell the Xenoblade (apart from 1 I guess since it's premise is fairly straight forward) games fit into this madness, especially X

XB takes place during the bigass timeskip after Zohar is found, but before the rest of X1. The pocket universe XB1 takes place in is created through a Zohar phase transfer experiment done on more or less contemporary Earth.
XCX does its own thing and is probably an attempt to reboot the whole continuity, as it has its own "Eldridge crash" with the white whale and all that.

Oh, and if you do play through XSIII, you're going to love Junior after he gets Storm Waltz. You'll be flying through random battles like it's nothing. But like i said, not until at least 2/3s of the way into the game.

And an additional point to XSII's break system: Analyze and Memory are abilities you get early on that make life much easier. They're inexpensive as well. Elemental affinities also do well to boost damage output. I don't recall using them much in XSIII.

And you don't stock attacks by guarding(guard is a separate option, IIRC). You just use the stock option for a turn. That, combined with boost(again, see turn bonuses) leaves plenty of room to perform extended combos at various points in battle(which, again, makes this battle system much more interesting). That being said, generally speaking, this is only really needed for bosses. Regular scrub enemies can be taken care of without the need for excessive stocking.

Can't you typically find XS for under 10 bucks? I've rarely seen XSIII for more than 25 bucks. Then again, I got my copy back in 2011 or something.

My guess was that X is of one of these 'time loops' taking place in the new universe that Shulk created. I have no idea what the fuck is going on with all of the alien races though, especially the whole humanity being a failsafe to wipe out the Ganglion.

Quit being such a censorship apologist.

Absolutely not. It is a rushed, repetitive, largely generic JRPG. It only excels in E.S. battles.

By what standard? I won't spoil it, but it was clearly rushed and made unnecessary choices for the sake of drama. i was mad as hell.

No, Momo does not become a kung-fu master. She's a magical girl that uses a bow instead of a wand. Still the best, though, and she's got relatively unique weapon type. You'd be surprised how much damage she does compared to the first game.

If it takes 10 minutes, you have no clue what you are doing. That guy literally had the break zones DISPLAYED ON THE STATUS SCREEN and proceeded to completely ignore them. A simple 2-3 hit combo with follow-ups would have made quick work of the enemy. This system is explained in the beginning of the game.

What do you autists like about Xenoblade? I couldn't get into the first one for the life of me, the combat was fucking boring as shit and the fetch quests were too many.

XS3 is the best game in that trilogy m8. I don't know what you're comparing it to but it's very fleshed out and polished with lots to do. Sorry not everything can be dark souls.

There's some backtracking, like in the other games, but there isn't much to do outside of side quests in the ship(lol @ the shoehorned quests towards the end of the game). As far as being fleshed out is concerned… How? It's skill progression is extremely simple, the battle system has been streamlined to a standard turn-based akin to FFX's(yet slower and less interesting still), and the equipment system is about as generic as they come. I just don't understand what you mean by that. I mean, it works, but it's definitely not fleshed out.

I can't agree with you at all. I had the least fun with III. i've pretty much vouched never to play it again. It doesn't have as much replayability as the other two. Combine that with a combat system that is, in my opinion, almost insultingly simplified, battles that are just monotonous and seem to serve to waste time, and a shoddy conclusion(which is a fucking crime after the glorious buildup to that Margulis fight) and you've just got an inferior product to me. Pretty as it may be, I don't find it to be the best of anything.

The other two games, mostly.

Where did I suggest that I wanted the game to be like Dark Souls?

They made it more scifi though. For some reason the Treehouse changed almost every single English word in the game on top of "translating" the sfcript. Neo LA became New LA, Wels became Verus, BLADE got a whole new acronym

If you happen to know japanese Takahashi personally worked on the DS remake of 1&2 and that's usually considered the definitive edition of 2 at least. It retells most of the events of both games and rearranges some things. Episode 2 wasn't made by Takahashi's team, it was made by a B-team at Bamco and it got fucked pretty bad.

I feel like if he is going to connect all these series together, then Nintendo could at least get ports of the other Xeno games and slap them on the eshop or something.

That would be a legal nightmare. Bamco is probably the most likely to go along with it since they have a good relationship with nintendo, but Square Enix likes to forget everything but Final Fantasy exists.

That's three compaies and their respective legal teams trying to cooperate.

This. Xenogears1 was originally going to be FF7. It was too grim dark or something fucking stupid so it became its own thing when Shit Enix wanted the cloud storyline instead.

Don't forget that they more or less siphoned most of it's funds into FF8 which crippled the second half of the game

But yeah a Xenosaga collection is definitely possible, a Xenogears rerelease on the other hand is more than likely deader than dead, along with all of Square's not final fantasy/kingdom hearts ips. God they're still fucking working on FF15 too, this is just frustrating.

Not true. Xenogears, Parasite Eve and Ff7 were all treatments of the same core concept document, which was about a parasitic female entity guiding evolution, that was originally going to be Chiron Trigger 2.

The Ganglion/Growth were created by an ancient race that are named after one of the names for the ancient kingdom of Judea, and since in XS they refer to Earth as Lost Jeruselem then I don't fucking know what the fuck is happening. I'm more confused about the Ghosts and how they tie in. Why did they attack the White Whale? Why are they fighting the Growth/Ganglion? XBX is just a mess which went for gameplay over everything else and it barely paid off. I hope XB2 is good. Or makes sense.

In World of Final Fantasy, Xenogears is a bonus boss.

Wait did they mention the other purple nigger alien faction in the game, I sort of got burned out on X at around the last chapter and haven't touched it since. Wasn't it the Ganglion that attacked the White Whale while it was over Mira, or is this when they're evacuating the planet that you have purple niggers trying to fuck up all of the ships that were trying to escape?

Anyway all of that aside the whole human DNA can kill the Ganglion shit is just weird along with the whole the database storing the memories and DNA of everyone on the white whale has been destroyed the entire time

They weren't mentioned in anything but that artbook and some lyrics to a song. But if you take a close look the purple Ghost whatevers attack the White Whale, it was implied the Ganglion had been on Mira for months before the Whale crashed (and the crew of the Whale might have spent most of the first two months just breaking the crystals they left on impact, it's not clear to me). As for that last bit just the database was apparently destroyed, the LCL pool was totally fine aside from making weird ass abominations. Keep that in mind for any game taking place after X.

There is also that bit with that race of space elves whose technology was apparently given to humanity via Elma, who isn't a space elf but rather not!Kos-Mos and very closely related to the Samaarians, seriously there are sequel hooks all over the place, I'm betting that Xenoblade X-2 is going to involve multiple planets

So as someone who hasn't played Saga/Gear and isn't likely too anytime soon how does Blade/X fit into this? Does this timeloop thing mean that in the grand scheme of things Xenoblade never actually happened? Am I missing out on a lot by not playing the other games because I feel like I am?

u wot
2 is far and away the worst game in the series

What did they mean by this?

Xenosaga sorta kinda leads into Xenogears and the incident that created the universe that Xenoblade takes place in was the same thing that caused the Earth to become 'lost' in Xenosaga's universe.

Xenoblade X is just a bunch of mysterious shit that doesn't seem to link up much to Saga/Gears except for it being an alternate universe created by Shulk at the end of Xenoblade 1. The real question is If a Zohar experiment created Xenoblade's universe, which probably got dispersed among the Monado possessed by Zanza and Meyneth, and then Shulk, where did it end up in X's universe, I mean it probably isn't gone since it's more or less a link to a god that exists in another dimension

The time loop is basically plausible deniability. Takahashi wanted to continue the series but couldn't because legally all the games are owned by different companies. It's a legal nightmare. To solve this he settled for merely implying all the games are connected and that the "Xeno" universe is stuck in an infinitely looping series of events where the world restarts and goes through the same events just with some details different.

Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade are all implied to be different cycles of the timeline. Xenoblade Chronicles, the first game, is implied to be at the very end/the very beginning of one such cycle. And this is where it gets into fantheory terrtory but basically Xenoblade Chronicles X a semi-prequel to Xenogears in a different cycle of the universe, but is also could be something else. People are hoping Xenoblade Chronicles 2 clears shit up.

Possibly. There's also an implication that other ships might have survived, but with "there's something about Mira" we won't know anything for sure. Don't expect it to take place any time too soon after XBX's ending.

From what I can tell -saga is a sort-of prequel to -gears, but may involve time loops because the universe is fucked? Time loops is mostly a justification for using some plot ideas without having access to the -gears IP, I think. As for -blade, it was intended as a side story, but fits in with the general idea of time loops and the fuckery that happened with a phase transition experiment.

The answer is right above you. New-Monado girl has a symbol strongly resembling the Zohar.

Mira was a world with no gods or men, except Lao. Even the creator piloting the darkmatter doll vanished. There was also the sidequest chain involving Professor B's time machine where he went forward in time and claimed something along the lines of it being "the same but different"

Wait who? Isn't that just some super weapon called the Vita?

You mean the quest where he tries to get back to his own time? I thought it was something along the lines of 'This planet has a hold on me that won't let me leave' feeding into the whole Mira grabbing and holding onto life.

So assuming that 2 takes place somewhere in X's universe we can assume that there is a Monado/Zohar just sort of sitting around somewhere?

I'm curious about how they're going to resolve a good number of those cliffhangers without making it take place close to the ending of X, I guess they could follow a different ship entirely on a different planet, but considering how important Mira seems to be, and the galactic scale of a lot of the events it seems that they're going to have to involve multiple planets and races into the narrative even moreso than before, while still revealing more information about Mira. I mean like who the fuck is L, and what the fuck is Elma? It would stuck if they went with a timeskip rule and just sort of infodumped the things behind all of the mysteries in X.

Takahashi seems to be incredibly deliberate with the name of the game. I don't think he would call it "xenoblade Chronicles 2" without it being massively connected to the first game. I'm assuming this is the game that explains what happens to Shulk's new world and it'll setup Xenoblade Chronicles X2 or whatever by the end of it and THAT will resolve all the cliffhangers in X.

Satan, or a dropped plot idea like space elf girl. And if XBX takes more from -gears than -saga, huge timeskips which obscure important information isn't new. It could just be that XB is the "fantasy" series while XBX is more "sci-fi and robots" one, but I want to play XB2 before I decide anything. I hope Switch piracy happens soonish. And if it doesn't get delayed, buyfags don't have long to wait since it's apparently coming out in 2017. Which means it's coming out holiday season 2018 at best.

I feel like this would be a good thread to ask this.How are Xenoblade Chronicles and X? Do they follow the same copypaste formula all those fake RPGs the japs make? I'd like to give them a shot, but not if it's the usually bullshit that Japan has been churning out since the early 90s.

Also, after watching the trailer again, I noticed two things. Blonde girl has the same head thing as Monado-girl. Does she also turn into a sword? And the official Nintendo channel put this under the original Xenoblade instead of X.

Story wise? Kinda, you kill god in Xenoblade, you know how JRPGs are. Progression? Xenoblade is pretty linear, but with a lot of side quests and exploration possibilities. X goes further with being able to explore most of the game's world from the word go, with robots helping you travel more. Actual combat gameplay? I've heard people call it a single-player MMO, but I don't have much experience with MMOs. If you have room on your hacked Wii or New 3DS give Xenoblade a shot, if you think it's shit just delete it.

Play them and find out :^).

If you dislike jrpgs enough to open your question like that then you won't like either game

around 6 years before an emulator is working to an acceptable degree more than likely. More than likely the console will be hacked before then but who knows.

I hate that I cannot create a game about people living on gods now, xenoblade did it first. Fuck.

Interesting, thanks. Will be interesting to see if this game connects things more or if they do turn it into a series of unrelated games.

I'd prefer having at least a physical console. I'm getting a Switch for Pokemon eventually because I'm a giant autist, might as well play the good/better/worse games on the system for free with no real emulation issues.

Bionicle did it before, although the god was kind of buried I think.

Doesn't ES have that gimmick too since Nirn is just the corpse of Lorkhan?

Guess I'll pass on Xenoblade then, but X sounds interesting with having an actual open world. Is the world actually worth exploring?

I had fun with it. The first area is kind of generic aside from some interesting rock formations and floating islands, similar with the desert, but if you like giant jungles (at least as decent as the Wii U can handle anyway), a snow area that isn't actually a snow area, and lava ruins with technology built over it then you'll like the areas. No loading screens unless you fast travel or go into one of the like three indoor areas, which was one of the few goals of the game during development. Few to no populated areas outside the main city means you'll just be looking for single individuals or small camps most of the time, but if you like trying to climb a mountain then this is the game for you. I one tricked the game into giving me a skip-travel point by climbing a mountain nearby the point, so that was fun to me. I recommend pirating it if you have a Wii U, or I guess wait for the Wii U emulator to be not shit. X also has a bit of a different thing going on with how you build your character. Aside from being a custom character you've got a job system thing going on, and when you master them all you can mix and match weapons which give you your different skills. I prefer job-systems to the pre-defined characters many JRPGs (including the first Xenoblade) went for, but I understand if that's not someone's thing.

That sounds pretty rad. Gonna make that my first game to play once I get that Loadiine shit setup on my Wii U.

Out of the two Xenoblade is by far the better one. It's more of a self contained thing but overall it's definitely needed to understand a lot of X's system since X takes all of Xenoblade's systems and expands on them a lot without really explaining them in the first place. The characterization is better, the story doesn't leave loose ends all over the place, the final boss is incredibly satisfying, and it's a much more coherent experience.

Not to say X isn't good too, it's just a step down in some places because they chose to focus on different things. It's also massive sequel bait.

With a Zohar on it and the sword.

Gears and Saga are the same cycle.

That's the moons, not Nirn itself.

Just wanted to say thanks, guys. You've made me want to replay the series. I might just start up XS right now.

Also, fuck you, XSII is great. I've already stated my piece there.

Goddamn. I know that accounts for the side and backtracking I did, but still. Seems long.

So is Xenoblade 2 a system seller for anyone here?

No, I'm going to emulate it. Looks like Switch emulator will be added to cemu since it's the same hardware.

Did Nintendo released the specs of the Switch yet?

Do you really think it'll be much different? They're the cheapest hardware makers there are,

The Wii U wasn't that much different than the Wii, and Wii U wasn't added to Dolphin. Rumors are pointing to the Switch being completely different architecture wise, so they'll have to start coding from scratch, despite the Switch likely using hardware intended for tablets. You're better off waiting to buy a used Switch on low firmware and wait for piracy. The GC and Wii being so similar is incredibly unusual in the console market, don't expect it to happen again any time soon. And don't expect the Switch emulator to be any good until its successor comes out, given how cemu and Citra are still having a little trouble.

Wrew maybe you should spend a little more on your computer instead of wasting chunks of money on these consoles that poorly run the only thing they're made for. Most of cemu's issues can be fixed with better clockspeed and memory capacity.

Not even remotely close. The switch isn't even backwards compatable.

Gamecube, Wii and Wii U were all pretty much the same hardware, just with a bump up in power. Switch is totally different.

Most games don't even boot. Cemu is years from being an acceptable emulator.

XCX boots and plays fairly well.

Ok thats one. And from what i've heard from other anons it crashes.

I think 3D World works, Splatoon does but probably has no online (did they ever add LAN?), I think they got Mario Kart 8 working? I don't think they have Wonderful 101 working, but that might be because of the reliance on the gamepad for several segments. The gamepad will be Cemu's biggest hurdle. A Switch emulator won't have that problem, but it will probably have some other issues instead.

Having a game work and having it actually run acceptably are very different.
Also the patreon jewing with cemu also sucks.

You said boot at first, not run well. I'm mostly on your side, but even I have to admit that it sometimes works, acceptably even, for some games. Now, having a closed source emulator is suspicious, but Project 64 is also kind of a mess so I guess there's no getting around this kind of shit.

I can't wait for that Switch emulator to pop up nearly as soon as the console comes out.

Its just people being dumb.

XCX, Splatoon, Bayo are the only 3 games that matter on the system and they ALL boot and play well.

No it doesn't. It boots and plays acceptably for SOME people with incredibly specific hardware.

So it boots for anyone who isn't a total pleb?

It boots if you aren't a retard. I oc my i5 to 4.2, have 16GB RAM, and have a GTX970. As I said you need the juice to do it and it works great. Don't tell me you buy in to some "gooder than them" bullshit with the chip companies and buy AMD.

No, it boots if you have a specific type of card. My computer runs most games on high and it nearly kills my computer. IIRC it's some intel card. Otherwise the game will chug like a motherfucker.

I'm not too confident that will happen. The architecture for the WiiU was pretty much the same they had for the gamecube, so the emulation scene had a pretty good starting base. I think the Switch uses the same arm9 and arm11 stuff that the 3ds uses member when anons claimed this meant it would have the android OS? but considering that citra is still a shitty emulator it's not going have quiet as much of a head start like CEMU did

I wouldn't even say that. The WiiU is different enough, there is really little reason for Cemu to be as far along as it is. However most people assume that the devs behind it have access to a devkit, which is also why they've got a close development thing going without releasing the source code.

I didn't read the rest of your bost you stupid shit intel is base crap that comes on motherboards and isn't meant for games. Get a real card you stupid faggot.

Switch probably uses android chips and an android OS it'll be easy. I'll get XB2 as soon as that fucker is ripped because there will be an emulator up within 5 weeks.

Did not know that.

But it probably won't come with an android OS. Nintendo would have to be much dumber than we suspect them of being to give their new console an OS that'll lead to it being ripped open harder than the 3ds has been.

Are you so fucked in your head to think that even mario doesn't matter to other people? Monster Hunter? Smash bros? Kirby?
You think no one else cares about these games?

So, do you think it's gonna be the direct sequel to Xenoblade unlike X, considering it's X2 and not X3?
If it is, how do you think it's gonna continue the story? It looks disconnected from the first game as for now.
Do you think there's gonna be some plot-twist tying X into the story? I haven't played it much so I have no idea what happens there, but I assume it's fucking nothing.

what did he mean by this?

The Switch uses an Nvidia SoC by the way, we don't know which one but we know its Nvidia since they made a blog post about it.

fucking babies and mark only care about those other games

by android everyone means whatever are in cellphones which

Might be an explanation on the Ghost race (which were antimatter beings) or the Samaarians.
But that's fucking unlikely since there's a nopon in the trailer.

Well now you're either baiting or fucking stupid

No you're a little kid, a homo from reddit, or mark if you care about yoshi and mario pee pants fisher price dreck.

I'm assuming it'll bridge the gap. It'll pick up where Xenoblade left off and it'll setup X2 or whatever.

He's retarded.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the 7th. 8th if you count 1+2 (DS), 9th if you count Xenosaga Pied Piper, 10th if you count Xenosaga Freaks

lern2math OP

I made the correction earlier. No one counts shovelware spinoffs.

Not bad bait but could be better. Try something more subtle next time. I'd say the smug anime girl is pushing it but it would probably bait most retards.

It's not bait mark, they make those games for 8 year olds. Nintendo 1st party is for little children.

You don't even deserve a (you). Not from me.

Leave it up to some autistic manbaby to think I'm baiting. I'm not bumping the thread with this but I want to make it clear you're mad over facts.

Its a Zanpakuto.

please let's discuss xenoblade

Ok now i'm definitely done. See ya bud. People like mario. Manbabys are crying over having to potentialy pay for online to play monster hunter. The sales can show you. Base your bait around that. Not directly in the face of it. You can do better.

you gonna buy it? Why do you think they added mounts? Is the map even bigger that X?

more than that do you think we will be able to fly that sky ship? Will we be able to dock it on multiple gaint monsters? Are we sky pirates now?

Oh come on.

I really hope we get a seamless vertical world and a mech to explore every nook and cranny of the world, I'm still reeling from a Current Year release in Japan, I hope Nintendo can be as timely with many of their other titles for that console.

Reading more about Xenosaga/Gears I had no idea how much it goes into Christianity and the like. Its a shame he probably won't be able to go that crazy under Nintendo.

They've had implications of tangential relations to Judeo-Christan ideas with Monad and Vita being Gnostic concepts and Samaarians being a clear reference to one of the names of the ancient kingdom of Judea. It could end up getting more as the series goes on, but it definitely has been toned down.

That and Logos, but all references to that was removed in the western release.

Xenosaga has the reincarnation of Christ Jin in your party, and the Logos itself chaos, as well as Mary Magdalene KOS-MOS and her evil stripper half, TELOS.
Also, Titty Cannons.