What's the problem?
They've got enouh people to internally test it, to ensure no bricks, this is just to guage users on their preferences.

More consoles should/should have done this.

tell us fags that aren't idorts about what happened

I swear that the head of Sony is Bane.

It's cheaper to fool your customers into doing the testing, I imagine.

How does a company so inept continue to exists? I mean, I can understand how nintendo or Microsoft got big, at one point in time they both created massive, popular changes in the industry and continue to. But Sony has had bungle after bungle after bungle. I swear their video game division is only still floating because the main portion of the company is propping them up..

They might not. I remember reading from someone claiming to work in microsoft that they laid off all their testers and just ship updates and address errors as end users complain about them.

>in the current year of our lord & savior early access

other way around, pal. Sony still exists because they've been essentially Japan's Apple for nearly a century. it wasn't until within the past decade they started floundering pretty badly, which was also when they started outsourcing production but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.

Has this meme gone too far?

I don't think you realize, the only thing Apple has done was copy everything that had already been made and stuff it into an overpriced box and slap their label… Oooooooooh.

The continued success of most tech companies relies on the old adage of "a sucker is born every minute" being true. You can make a lot of money by finding new ways to monetize consumer stupidity.

they're also subsidized be the government and get paid to push into new, ie third-world, markets.

Eventually this should catch up with companies that keep doing it. I mean people can't happily shovel down garbage forever can they?

Its actually the "create a problem and solve it yourself with a paywall"

They fucking wish.

Things is, that can't work forever. Sooner or later you reach market saturation, when the supply of suckers dries up. AAA gaming is currently experiencing this, the market has expanded as far as it's gonna expand and anyone that had even a vague interest in games is playing them, and people are actually learning, so the number of those that remember getting burned is increasing.

It has games, Nintendo games

Its funny, because the PS4 even fails as a toaster PC. For 400 bucks you get a fucking AMD Jaguar SoC and DDR3 RAM. Waste of money. Just get an actual PC

That's fucking depressing. I need a drink.

Last gen is when consoles stopped being actual consoles. They're now gimped PCs with all the disadvantages of one but none of the perks.

I honestly don't see next gen even happening.

Holy shit they can't even pay for Contract QA anymore can they?

Americans are so dumb they will still buy a console to play multiplats despite it being worse than a PC.

It's ingenious. Everyone is doing it:

wow seriously no one posted between my two posts. sorry kid ur thred is ded

Why is cuckchan posting on here again?

Reminder that this was the last good product that Sony ever produced.

No, eventually they die and are replaced by a new generation of equally gullible consumers.

I just want her in a suit so badly.

You can hack it, install Linux and Steam, and have a couple of games. They even run at a framerate.

That depends on if the company itself can remain profitable only catering to idiots. If production costs ever exceeds what idiots are able pay then the company will fold. So long as enough suckers are born they stay afloat.