Free Update

twitter.com/dishonored/status/819605011319689216

Thanks Zenimax

Even more its "beta" update. You beta test it for free.

So you die and its game over, save deleted and game removed from library?

new low from bethesda. What a surprise.

Dishonored 2 removed the mission select screen from the first game and patched it in as Free DLC?

YOU DONT OWN NOTHING GOYIM

Shitty casual garbage, why make a thread about either one?

Worse, you are supposed to pay to beta test it.

???

Ugh how can gamers be so fucking entitled like wow it takes a lot of time and energy to make these features and if anything you should be paying for them not receiving them for free

Is dishonored 2 already out?

Damn how it is?

Yeah it sure is!

It's shit just like the first game!

Dishonored wasnt that bad to be honest family
It was a decent game

So you can replay boring mission Y without having to go through boring mission X first.

I'm sorry to inform you that you are a casual with shit taste.

I know, but why did it need to be patched in? From what I recall the first had it from the get go.
I know it's a worthless complaint but it's kind of odd. It reminds me of Furi like adding in the options menu a few months after release.

Well it might be, as long as i enjoy it its all good and i dont really care

So they make it as cheaply as possible on the off chance that its the new E.T.

goy pls

People like you contributed to ruining video games for everyone who actually cared about them and played them from the start. Faggot.

Zenimax cut finished content from the first game and sold it back as DLC later down the line.
Maybe they planned for these features to be part of some paid DLC, but then thought that the goyim wouldn't take it too well so they released them as this Free Updateâ„¢ for positive PR.

I pirate all the games anyway so i never contributed to anything anyway

Also i enjoy both casual and niche games i dont see how this is bad

You're not my family nigger

I dont know, i liked the artstyle, special powers that allowed you to feel like baddas were pretty cool i mean in how many games you can stop time or teleport?, story was pretty ok
I dont see how this game was a garbage

Jojo games

I dont play weeboo trash sorry

Are we at the point where easy, normal and hard are considered customization options?

You just play western trash.

Yes i do

Its Philippinese actually fam

Oh im sorry

Could be worse, Tripwire did the same bullshit after adding visual microtransactions to their Early Access game.

These fucking people

This has nothing to do with anything, but I really fucking hate how people describe themselves like this. They might as well be screaming at the top of their lungs, "LOOK AT WHAT A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE I AM! LOOK AT ALL THE QUIRKY THINGS THAT MAKE ME AN INDIVIDUAL". They might as well say shit like "Heavy Sleeper. Regularly constipated. Prone to motion sickness. Carbohydrates make me gassy." Oh, but those things would make you sound unappealing? Well they're equally elements of your person that make you distinct. You don't want to tell me how long it takes you to take a shit? Well then don't fucking try to sell yourself like you're some unique and special character of some pedigree.

Fuck you, no one cares, you're not fucking special, shut the fuck up. Holy shit.

Surprise surprise, people want to show themselves in the "best" light at least according to themselves

Wipe my ass until I bleed a bit to make sure I got all the shit. Masturbates daily. Ingrown toenail. Misses the toilet sometimes. Pirate all of my software. Probably depressed.

Cant' wait to pay for patches and updates that fix game-breaking bugs and unwinnable games.

Pirates win yet again

Just pirate game year after release with all the patches and dlcs

Well it has denumale so don't buy it but as expected StealthgamerBR managed to make it look pretty fun, at least if you don't play it like a stealth game.

and here I was having given up on new games when FF12 felt as unfinished as it was.

get a detachable shower head.

Oh I can already see were this route will take us, how long until they start pushing paid patches?

MMO expansion packs are mostly this as is.

Todd is truly the greatest, thanks!

See that bug? You can pay us to patch it.

Don't like it, don't buy it :^)

Two years, tops

I wash my ass thoroughly in the shower and still do what this user does. A detachable shower head probably wouldn't make much difference.

Oh wait I forgot they already did, they sold the 64 bit dx11 Skyrim patch as it's own thing, and typical of Bethesda it didn't fix anything it's still an unstable broken mess that crashes none stop, in fact judging from what I've seen all they did was dump Skyrim's assets into fallout 4's "updated" engine and called it a day.
And they got away with this.

How? Did someone actually buy it?

And people like you contribute to making people like them by alienating them from core games by being an elitist faggot. Your type I'd argue is worse.

At this rate TES VI will be the most cancerous shit a publisher can churn out.

And that's not even touching the length and quality of the actual game.

Yeah, random shitty patches are labeled all sorts of things now for the free press. Content-hungry, shitty gaming sites will cover literally anything and push it as important news.

It's key to the business of free to play games and early access scams as well, but for them it leads to direct profits and not just a simple marketing boost.

This is why I don't buy games anymore.

That was/is very likely one of the goals of paid mods

It was purely pushed out to get people onto the bethshop for future exclusivity as mod distributor.

Wrong. Those people should not be allowed to play video games in the first place. Talmudvision and movies were made for casual normalfaggots like them.

This is without a doubt the one trend I wish would fucking die. Force me to reload a save, limit saving, that's how you make a compelling game. These hacks don't get it though, we had permadeath back in the day because there was virtually no way to save, and it could really suck, but you got better and better and overcame it.

Those games were designed around their life system, no game that gets this shitty tacked on mode ever is. So it's the same die easy because we aren't going to punish you, but instead now it's owe just kidding start from scratch.

One of the top comments is literally this.

(Those digits..)

better than a steam exclusive

They're calling patches "Free Updates", because they're priming you for paid patch-er, "Premium Updates".

you don't know that yet.

Because they rushed the development.

those are usually more than just a patch though.

This kind of response has always confused me. He argues against his own point, and then thinks following it with "Who cares" somehow makes him right again. Evidently the people who you're complaining about care.