I don't know of anything we can add to make F-Zero better

So how about that Mario Kart?

That Mario Party?

That New Super Mario Bros?

Shiggy's probably gonna pull another Star Fox Adventures and make F-Zero a beat 'em up game with Falcon having his moves from Smash Bros. and retcons.

Mario Kart is still good though.

Not what F-Zero fans want, but still.

New F-Zero with F-Zero GX gameplay with F-Zero X art direction and music never ever.

A C.Falcon bounty hunter game would be pretty cool honestly, as long as a true new F-Zero is made too.

Also fuck Nintendo for not having gotten rid of Shiggy already.
Pretty much everything Shiggy does is the exact opposite of what the fans want, yet they keep listening to him over the fans because hes the creator and a veteran employee.
Usually not firing veteran employees is a good thing, but Shiggy is basicly fucking senile now and is dragging everything down with his retardation.

I don't get Nintendo sometimes. On one hand they refuse to release a modern F-Zero game because they think that unless they can come up with some brilliant gimmick for a franchise or console it's just a waste a time to even entertain the idea, but on the other hand we got 4 NSMB games that were basically identical, and you can bet your ass that they're planning to bring another version out for the Switch (and that's without even mentioning the other ports they're bringing out like the updated Mario Kart and Splatoon which are likely functionally identical to the Wii U versions).

The problem with Miyamoto is that he demands an insane level of innovation to design games in a series. He often says things like "We don’t have a good way to innovate this series so we’re not making a new one."
This is why we have no new F-zero games, no new Metroid, etc.
Miyamoto feels he has a policy that any game he has influence over to needs to play with whatever gimmick Nintendo’s console is using. He's being stuck in the past and out of ideas, so he shitcans entire franchises because he can't come up with anything new anymore.

In their defense they have to keep Mario as the main icon.

Yes please!

Fuck it. Last thread I said this in died so here goes.

Here's your motion control gimmick for F-Zero: You shift the joycon/switch to change your balance to help you perform stunts and maneuvers. You can control the sensitivity of the motion sensor at any time in the pause menu. The title in my head is "F-Zero Mass Shift".

For other more important innovations is two things: Game Modes and Onlline.

For game modes have a stunt mode where the goal is to earn the most points from stunts before time is out. Have a smash dirby mode where you race around the track endlessly until the last racer standing is the winner (if under a time limit then the vehicle with the least amount of damage wins) and no repair lanes. Have both Grand Prix and Knockout races as the standard game modes.

Have up to 16 racer for both online and offline races. Make it to where you can set up WiFi or ethernet LAN between Switches to have local races for tournaments. Online is pretty self-explainatory. Hell, throw in regional and global leagues online to track player stats globally over a season for bragging rights. Hell if the game is Pegi 16 then you may as well have a bit of gambling via Spectator mode where you can place bets before race starts. And for the heck of it have private tourneys and free races between online friends.

And because it's current year++ throw in a thicc delicious brown waifu as a new racer so I watch Holla Forums explode.

Why not have 30 racer online, like GX's GP races?
Why would it have to be Pegi 16 to involve betting virtual currency? Unless the idea is to bet real money, in which case have fun with electronic gambling laws.

Also, if we're talking F-Zero NX, (I know it's technically the switch now, but come on, it's too good a title to pass up.) I sincerely hope the pro controller has analog shoulder buttons, because analog sidestep is as much a necessity as analog turning.

I don't quite remember if gambling brings games up to Pegi 16 or Pegi 13 now. It is the reason why the game corner in Pokémon ORAS was removed. I picked 16 because I'm unsure of how the new physics is going to work with latency online. But sure, add as many racers as you can.

Why hasn't nintendo board of directors thanked this hasbeen and told him to fucking retire instead of letting his irrelevant ass drag the company to the shitter.
Amazing logic.

That ship has long sailed. I'm guessing anyone who is an F-Zero fan was probably burned by one of Nintendo's other fuckups and realizes that they don't have the talent to actually make a good F-Zero anymore; If there are any around they're probably the usual desperate and delusional nintendrone that is still waiting to be fucked over. And besides, if there would be any lag or latency in the game(you know there would) even though the offline is the best it ever was, people would claim that being the death of F-Zero.

Now that I think of it since they're doing switch they would probably have to do multiplayer ad-hoc mode.

Post good F-Zero tracks.
I'll start.
Shiggy is senile as shit and should retire

He probably knows better than you Internet nerds. Remember how ypu backed the Ouya thinking it was a great idea while nobody actually in the business thought it would be good. F-Zero would be too simple for a modern AAA game, it's the kind of game you'd expect from indies. Shiggy is right again, as always.

Didn't know about that. Guess different countries' ratings boards get sticks up their asses about different things, 'cause I don't think the ESRB has given much of a shit about simulated gambling.

Actually, just checked it now, simulated gambling only gets you T for teen. 16+seems a bit extreme for gambling play money, though.

Fun fact, sega made GX, not nintendo.

Yeah it's dumb. I just hope if the Game Corner comes back it can be an arcade where you win tickets to earn prizes. Also I can't see F-Zero's setting having less than a T-rating without literally gimping the backstory.

Plus spectator gambling is fun. Not like you're paying money to get that currency in the first place.

I have an itch for racing in these things I cant scratch anymore with x and gx (though they do a great job after all these years)
I dont understand why no one has made a clone yet, cool ships flashy effects modern music kids like andmultiplayer ranking to get the esports audience.

There's Fast Racing NEO on the Wii U. It's more Wipeout + Ikaruga but it's fast as fuck and the announcer voice actor is the same guy who did F-Zero GX.

What's wrong with that?

Also not that it changes much but OP's image is from 2012

How come Nintendo needs to add gimmicky controls to their games to make them feel "fresh" or shit like that? Have they scrapped the bottom of the barrel?

Why is he trying to be racist?

He's saying that Nintendo rehashes those series but refuses to touch F-Zero because it would be "the same".

Mario Party is garbage now and NSMB is the most bland thing ever made and I honestly can't tell the different versions apart.

Because they are Fish Niggers

So when they do a new F-Zero, how much do you think they'll charge for cars and tracks?
I think a game like F-Zero GX, released today, would have a selection of about 12 racers, with the rest coming in bundles of 4 for another $2 each or so.
Same for the courses, just like Mario Kart.

I mean, there's no way they'd just MAKE a game like F-Zero GX nowadays. People wanted Nintendo to get with the times and fill their games with DLC, and showed that they meant it by buying them, so it's interesting to think of how monetized a new F-Zero would be.
That's why I don't want a new one and you can all fuck off. Let the series rest in peace, there's not a developer competent enough to make the game good anyway, and nothing can live up to GX.

The problem with making more F-Zero is that GX is perfect.

Possibly the best game ever made, and it was made by Sega (of course).

It would be difficult to surpass. And difficult to make.

I don't want Nintendo to make another one themselves. You fucking know that they would casualize it because their baby games sell better.

If you haven't been able to beat every cup on every game on master, just go back and play the games that already exist. I still have to do that. Only did it on GX.

Because no one cares about f-zero games except a small minority. A major title would absolutely fail on wii u. At least you can get F-Zero: Maximum Velocity on virtual console and GX would be nice to have down the line.

GX can be played using Nintendont on a Wii U. That's all that's needed.

That's all they've gotta do. Add in optional motion controls and amiibo support if they feel the need to add gimmicks to shit. And don't forget the split screen play.

iirc Gx does actually have a good chunk of AX content there's just some long absurd list of requirements to unlock it.

Fuck that, don't be a faggot. just make any ranked play be Max Speed only, problem 100% solved with no other changes.

The AX cup is cool.

Never used the racers very much, though. By that point, I had already played everything on Master, mostly with the Hyper Speeder.

Unless you play the Story Mode first (not sure that I would recommend that), you probably won't use them much.

Don Genie and his Fat Shark are absolutely broken, momentum turbo slides are easy as hell with him. He turns well, has a massive top speed, and has great acceleration. A bit drifty though, but that only makes the sliding better.

Why Mario, Zelda and Pokemon? What do you want that we haven't done before?
Guy is clueless and needs to step back.

Yeah, I know that, but at that point I didn't need anything broken, so I never used him extensively. I believe Fat Shark and Black Bull are considered the best non-custom machines (but Black Bull is supposed to be harder to control) in GX?

But really, after all that, it made more sense to use some of the weaker machines than to go for something even better.

you just have to beat all cups on master for the ax tracks and each story mission on very hard for the drivers

Get that shitty numale shit outta here.

Fuck off, you're just a kid.

AND NOW THE CHEESE

The sad thing is that I feel deep down the real reason Samus and FZero have been scraped is cause of the whole PC culture.

when?

They hate the zero suit, and there was that stint where they claimed she's a tranny because one retarded developer jokingly said so in an interview. If you like something you don't try to turn it into a tranny.

This is the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Miyamoto was so good at designing original games that they promoted him so he could stop doing it. Now that he's out of practice they tap him for help with sequels or whenever they're in trouble.

Great job, Nintendo.

Why does it have to be something new and novel? I'd be ok with just a solid as fuck F-Zero game with a lot of the old characters/vehicles and music (possibly cool new remixes).

1080p wouldn't hurt either.

Captain Falcon shot first!

Get out.

Nah, can't think of anything they could add.

It's called Madworld

niqqa!

(checked Satan)
What you think adding basic modern features will improve the game?

NO THEY GOTTA BE INNOVATIVE

You gotta blow into the mic to cool down you engine
and yell into the mic to start your engine
and yell into the mic to distract other racers
and blow into the mic to activate your speed boost
and you gotta yell into the mic when you win to get the crowd to cheer
and you gotta yell into the mic to get reporters to stop crowding you
and you gotta talk into the mic to do interveiws
and you gotta talk into the mic to do a Q&A with you fans
and you gotta trash talk into the mic

THINK ABOUT THE INTOVATION

You know,Captain Falcon's the simplest 'hero' that I can recall.
Just a bounty hunter that does the good deed whenever he can.
No convoluted shit or dark past,I dig it.
kinda bad that in the non-canon animu he died doing his signature smash move

I think my two new modes could work. Maybe a new physics engine and to take advantage of the new hardware for crazy stunts. Have a game mode about getting the most points doing crazy stunts in laps. Maybe throw in a dirby mode where you destroy other racers by out maneuvering them.

I kind of want the new F-zero to not be the perfect game. Because I want the new installment to take risks. Not massive risks of casualization but something to change up the game and make it it's own from GX while stil keeping the best of GX.

I don't think you know how corporate Japan works. They never fire anyone high up unless they have made a catastrophic fuckup.

They moved Sakamoto to their new mobile division, he's the one responsible for games like Miitomo. He can't touch their normal games now. Metroid is safe, but it also means it's dead because Sakamoto was the only one at nintendo still interested in making new installments.

This nigger knows what's up. F-Zero's main appeal is the gritty fast paced metal/heavy rock songs with strange gasps in the background, to follow their fast paced gameplay. The comical art styles were also great, but I don't think Nintendo could pull off a mature art style like that these days.

What's worse is that Nintendo's employees are so whipped by their superiors, they're too afraid to speak up about their good ideas. What's worse is that probably most of those underlings are overworked by decades old Japs who have let fame, fortune and salaryman mentality run to their head.

If a new F-Zero did come out, Sega would have to capture back the old AV crew that did GX. They're best understanding of this franchise despite not even being a part of Nintendo. Give it an online track editor so that everyone and their cat could let the game live into the future. A good track editor, machine editor, and a way to share both would be a racing game to exceed all others and give Nintendo once again the upper hand.

Of course Sega should do it. Nintendo doesn't know how to fill the discs with blast processing.

And Nintendo hasn't been competent at all since the GameCube.

Other M was a pretty big fuck up.

Correction. Nintendo hasn't been competent since Yamauchi died. That man's bitterness and coldness towards video games is what made him one of the richest men in Japan.
Iwata was supposed to be his successor, but Iwata wasn't as vicious as old man Yamauchi was. Now a pure businessman has control, maybe it'll be a golden revival for the company?

You mean the man responsible for basically handing the industry over to sony?

Iwata's one mistake was his desire to make everything innovative, which wasn't possible. While the WiiU was a good idea, but it needed more advertisement and marketing to actually succeed.

look how magnificent this art is
captain falcon just knows he's gonna go fucking fast
his expression completely explains the nature of the game
have you ever seen a more accurate cover for a game?

Poor miyamoto, hes so confused about modern gaming.

(checked)
how about a cockpit mode or rolling mc/crowd cheering sfx?

The western boxart is a fucking travesty.
Not sure if as bad or worse than Super Metroid.

this is such a shitty thread

They really don't need to do "new things" with F-zero. Give us more GX with online multiplayer. That's all anyone wants. I'd settle for a HD remake with some new tracks.

(nice dubs)
A while ago I found this interesting quote about "Miyamoto and making new games in a series"

Tanabe Now, this isn't limited to just the Metroid Prime series, but when I was working with Miyamoto-san a long time ago, there was something he would say to me time and time again: "When you are making new games in a series, it's not enough to innovate on the level of the details alone. With each new game, you should challenge yourself and innovate at the level of the core game system itself." I think that ever since then, I've been indelibly ingrained with this way of thinking.

Iwata I, too, remember Miyamoto-san sternly pointing this out to me a long time ago, when we were working on new games in the Kirby series. If you fail to thoroughly assume this attitude while making the games, the franchise will rapidly wear itself out. With that in mind, what kind of innovations did you think up for this third Metroid Prime game?

The source of this discussion is from Iwata Asks: Metroid Prime 3. An Iwata Asks that was never officially translated into English. despite the game/series they are talking being released worldwide Translated by Metroid Database

Of course hearing that shit is frustrating and makes me think of why Punch Out was brought back for the Wii. Because Nintendo thought motion controls could work as a control scheme for it (despite it also using buttons which everyone just used instead).