Dragon quest

Where has this series been all my life? I even had a ps1 back in the day.

you had me at loli

Welcome to Dragon Quest, enjoy your fucking stay. Hope you like what you got though, because Squeenix hates localizing this shit.

VII is a good game but the 3DS translation is admittedly pretty bad, and this is form someone who never really minded it before. The accents are so fucking weird it's hard to take seriously, especially when its the same between each fucking person on the island so you have a child talking with the same inflection as an elderly witch.
It's an enjoyable game but fuck me if they don't make it hard for you.

I haven't really played any of the main series, but the DQ monster series is one of my absolute favorites.

I used to think the accents were annoying, too, but then I started playing the series in Japanese. For whatever reason even in Japan they started having accents and shit in later titles/remakes.

I still don't get why germans and Italians exist and speak english.

I just wish I could stomach toriyama's art style.
I feel like I'm missing on a whole bunch of good games because of it.

bigot

You're missing out on the greatest monster raising game and also some pretty fucking solid spinoffs as well (like rocket slime). I admit the style might not appeal to everyone with its generally rounded shape for everyone and everything but you really should at least give V a shot, its considered one of the best for a reason. The DS remake might be your best bet and it's not like it's hard to get an emulator.

How are the stupid accents?

Weren't all nintendo ports censored or some shit?

Dragon quest gets such shitty localization, its such a shame

the games are not overly deep and the stories are some basic ass shit but they are good solid JRPGs

Got some top tier waifu bait aswell

Only 8 for the 3ds I think. Unless you include the pafu pafu stuff.

no just hamburger but not meme tier localization but all mostly intact
7 had its music changed also due to legal reasons

A few costumes the players can wear yes but mostly the addition of stockings to the armor. And of course the bunny girl outfits are always safe. I'm not justifying it but yes there is some shit that has happened

If you have a modded PS2 or can emulate games for the console, play that version(it has a fan translation.) I know PS2 emulation can be a headache at times, but Dragon Quest V is basically a PS1 game so you shouldn't have too much trouble running it.

The costume coverups are in the Japanese release due to CERO rating issues and potentially legal ones, too. The 3 most notable is the Magic Bikini with a huge sarong and bigger top, the Bunnysuit changed to be less Playboy (possibly broaching trademark) so it's a top + shorts combo, and the really bad Dangerous Bustier black fill-in they did.

They always had "accents", but they're nowhere near as unreadable as the localizations

You need to go outside, OP.

to be fair they do treat the characters younger in the burgerized version and her ingame model does her no justice

Just play the PS1 version, man. it's way fucking better.

I don't pay attention to Dynasty Warrior games. Will Dragon Quest Warriors have anything to do with Dragon Quest other than skins?