Dev Redemption Thread

What other game devs and studios have redeemed themselves? Redemption from making cuck games, making bad games, making games that are both.

I've been here for years and never seen it mentioned once. shill elsewhere.

It was sarcasm. You can't tell me you've never seen that game on the left in one "indie quality" thread or another.

if the last door is the game on the left of the screenshot, that "art" looks like absolute ass.

That's the point, in indieshit threads somebody will typically post the main character or some cropped bit from that game, since it might as well just be a mess of pixels without anything of importance in it.

The same guys that made the joke game 'don't shit your pants' wound up making an actual good game. not great, just good.

I played Don't Shit Your Pants, but honestly from the OP I thought "Try Not To Fart" was the same game.

Nigger faggot.

What the hell is it with people here not able to recognize sarcasm?

Guys, the reason is because they had money and therefore time to make decent art AFTER someone paid for their shitty looking game.

The problem is the only people who will believe you are as new as you are, its pixel art is famously bad

I know the post quality has gone to shit
But holy fuck, I'd argue these faggots are underage.
Read a fucking book, how can a joke thats this obvious go over your empty fucking heads?

-Sumo Digital somewhat
-Codemasters

I get jokes but OP's tone didn't look like a joke due to the already poor theme that almost never happens (Poor dev going good) being discussed seriously enough for 2 lines
Nice joke too because it derailed the whole liner

All joking aside, it is genuinely impressive what a jump in quality their new game is shaping up to be.

It was pretty obvious he was making fun of low effort indishit pixelart
Fucking Kikestarter for gods sake

Are there videos of it?

No videos just yet, but they have gifs on their Twitter page.
twitter.com/blasphemousgame

Honestly, I feel like this is where the impressions kind of fall apart; the animations look pretty stiff, and I half doubt that'll change any time soon. But compared to what they had before, still, wow.

I don't know man, Holla Forums has changed a lot in the last year, and it looks nothing like the early golden months. Anything Reddit-esque can happen, especially with a hardcase board like Holla Forums being partially hijacked by /r9k/ cultists and insane ex-Northwest Front Redditors
Although we look a lot like the 2012 Holla Forums, except without too much off-topic stuff, so i guess not too bad

I have to admit the second part of the image is pretty solid, reminds me of late SNES games era/Saturn rpg's

I swear to god if this becomes a "souls like experience" I will go and piss up into my face in anger.

The same people who made Color a Dinosaur went on to make the Gottlieb Pinball Collection on PS2. Best non-Dingo pictures shovel ware on the system. And then they went on to make the wildly successful Pinball Arcade.

Shit, I can't believe I almost forgot about Double Helix.

That's the point of sarcasm you faggot.

Fuck off shill

What's their next game called then?

Holla Forums is filled with amazingly stupid people.

I haven't even heard of this garbage, or seen it mentioned, until now. Don't just make shit up

Blasphemous. There's a Twitter link further up.

I wish winter break would end already.

weren't those just text based flash games? i don't mind that shti if its free

More like you were caught in a lie and are trying to cover your tracks

Go be underageb& on Youtube instead.

Kronos Digital Entertainment, well they made a trilogy of shitty fighting games, then they made Fear Effect, too bad they died after Fear Effect 2.

This is as good a time as any to remind you that pretending to be retarded still means you've acted retarded.

Cardinal Syn wasn't half bad. I actually liked it. The controls in that game were just too hard for an average normalfag to understand because you couldn't just button mash your way to victory.

lurk more, newfag

Again, pretending to be retarded still means you've acted retarded.

Just stop.

The fuck is that?

I would assume it's when someone makes a game that's not mechanically broken, but is still about stupid shit like racial discrimination or lesbians or trans womyn of color.

The furi devs.

Double Helix

This
I hope they don't stick with Microsoft and make an original IP based game soon.

Nevermind, they'll be dead soon

Holy fucking christ OP

I don't know what you did or how, but you managed to pull in quite the amalgamated concentration of cancerous newfriends to this thread. I don't know whether to be impressed or fucking horrified. Is school on break or something?

You have autism.

Might have to rescind that redemption with how they mishandled the La-Mulana 2 delay

Its always like this during school breaks
Whats more depressing is that most of these faggots are college students.