HTC and Valve are making a steam phone to compete against Nintendo and mobile shit

This bitch better come with a controller case and a custom Windows OS.

Por que

source?

maybe this means ubuntu mobile can be saved.

It'll probably run some version of Windows made with HTC, Valve and Microsoft.

Did you forget that Microsoft has Windows Phones?

As opposed to making a much more logical VR phone to compete with Samsung Gear VR? It's not like vive is the name of the VR headset. Oh wait…

Does Steam support touch screens for input? I could see them making a menu like they did for the Steam Controller but until then you'll have to hook up a controller.
I could see them adding streaming support, so the mustardfags can play their games on the go and leave the rig at home.

I'll emotionally connect to a phone when it adds a proper physical keyboard. I don't want to be stuck on my BB Passport forever.

I think Microsoft forgot they have Windows phones.

time for valve to sponsor a product nobody fucking buys because nobody wants it and for delusional redditors to signal this as the death of consoles.

probably accurate

Why doesn't this exist yet? Every now and them I get nostalgic for some game, download an emulator, try playing it, uninstall in complete disgust with touch controls, and proceed to check on the internet if someone made a controller-case. To no avail.
Nothing, zip, nada.

If we can make super thin calculators thin as a credit card, we can make a wired imput surface that slides from the back of a case.

Are you retarded?

It will flop just like that OS and that controller.

I'll buy it if it has a GearVR-style case and Lighthouse-powered positional tracking.

Yes.

Who do you think I am? Stallman?

Ikr, a wallet-style clamshell case with a thin controller would be easy af to produce for any phone and wouldn't cost much more either.

It's gunna be fucking steamOS. Like how Android is also built off of linux.

What do you need Wangblows on a phone for? It's not like the piece of shit can play PC vidya, purely out of hardware binary code incompatibility.

Ehh, it's more of a competitor to Gear VR. The device itself has a Snapdragon 835, 6GB of ram, with a 1440p display running Android 7.1 and comes with a head-mount adapter, though when you're at home you can use it as a stripped down version of the regular Vive with in-home streaming.

For what purpose??

1440p has been standard on most upper tier devices for a couple of years now, 1080p being mostly on mid-low end devices.

Virtual reality. Fucking duh. Even then that's pretty low, but eh GearVR has the same screen.

But you can't really tell the difference between 1440p and 1080p on such a tiny screen, its pointless.

You can tell the difference in your battery life.

You het linux.

Porque deve ser bem melhor colocar um Windows OS do que simplesmente criar um SteamOS para rodar os jogos

Bravo Gabe

for general use it's more of a marketing thing. like selling 4k tvs to people who are still using 720p source.
it's probably pretty noticeable when it's right up against your face for vr.

so, it'll have to run an x86 or amd64 version of GNU/Linux (not android) or a desktop Windows 10. Because, you know, steam is only for x86/amd64 as is every single fucking game on steam?
Great idea, yet another competing mobile OS, that'll surely kick off.

Yea I know, it'll just be another android phone. But with the android "steam client" pre-installed. That'll be useful