What in the fuck is going on with the Xbox One? From Scalebound's cancelation...

What in the fuck is going on with the Xbox One? From Scalebound's cancelation, to rumors about Crackdown 3 having development troubles, and the old story behind the Phantom Dust reboot, I just cant help but wonder how the Xbox division has ever managed to stay afloat as long as it did, especially because now all they do is approve focus tested games it seems.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication.
archive.is/GclxL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Copy_Protection
archive.is/rXahG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Phil

I thought he was supposed to turn the Xbone around, it seemed like it had a decent turn around at E3 2014 before they shat themselves and reality set in.

They lost the meathead dudebros and so have nothing else. They keep demanding more without increasing budgets so everything is being rushed out unfinished.

Basically they are the western Konami.

Microsoft is the second richest tech company in America.
They have plenty of cash to funnel into stupid, useless bullshit that doesn't work. In fact, that's all they're doing.

Man both the og xbox and the xbox 360 had a decent number of japanese titles but now christ it's baren as all fuck now.

Even the PS4 has jap exclusives coming out in the next few months.

They're going to stop making consoles the Scorpio will just be a media pc. This will result in Microsoft trying to take over PC gaming again and they will fuck everything up.

Weren't they like, nearly done?

It's not sinking like a fucking rock and it hasn't been 4 years since it was first announced but Xbox dies with Xbone. What are some classic OG Xbox games to get since we already had this thread, my list is

RDR

Still selling in Burgerland though.

xbox doesn't have a retarded fanbase that'll buy their garbage no matter what like sony does.

/thread

Consoles are dead with the forced installs/updates anyway.

Panzer dragoon orta.

Where is burgerland? What are burgerbucks? It is Europe? I don't get the reference.

kys tbqh fam

Xbox is not about making money, Xbox is about getting a trojan horse in to living rooms for datamining. It's even failing at that, it seems.

idk if this is bait or what

Companies don't stay at the top by continually blowing money on retarded ideas that don't sell.

Microsoft is racking up a very large list of failed products, they can only go on like this for so long.

People have been saying "consoles are dead" for years. Did you know that there was a time when everyone said "PC gaming is dead"?

Also the entire world's population is not a reflection of YOU. There are a few million gamers who bought a PS4 for weebshit support for instance.

may be the best classic xbox game, period.

Orta had a kind off open ending so they could have funded a sequel instead of Scalebound.

It was a Kamiya production, so it was nowhere near fucking done

Hell a quick google confirms Kamiya has been pulling a 3DRealms and the game was 4 years into production and nowhere near finished

I'm all for giving developers realistic deadlines, but four fucking years and no game is a developer wasting money

well, PC gaming is pretty dead. I think anyone with half a brain knows the reasons PC gaming was great 10 years ago are no longer relevant today. Back then the definition of a mod meant a ridiculous multiplayer mod where you play as one of three teams consisting of pirates, vikings, and knights or have your first person shooter converted into a deep and well designed first person shooter-RTS. These days a model swap or sound replacement is considered a big deal.

The death of access to the same tools developers would use is a major loss, and the "pc gaming is about freedumb" rhetoric doesn't even fly, remotely.

all the panzer dragoon games end openly, never saying outright the worlds problems are solved, or that the empire is gone, or that the ancients are no longer a threat. They usually say outright that the tools they prevent the destruction of everything they know with are only one of many, and just the ones that will affect them. Kiel goes mad after losing the armored blue dragon in a quest for power, Lundi founds the seekers and ends up disappearing, and Edge is lost in Sestren with Azel looking for him in the Eastern deserts. Despite the superiority of the panzer dragoon series to well, anything Kamiya's been involved in, it can't be said they carry the same merit in the publics eye. If Microsoft or Sony announced a partnership with Sega to remaster the Saturn trilogy and re-release Orta in HD with iconic music from the games like Sona Mi Areru Ec Sancitu in the trailer, you'd probably have one guy in the audience screaming while everyone else is a little dumbfounded at what they think is Latin.

The director has also expressed interest in remaking the games, especially the first but after Crimson Dragon's lackluster performance, his wishes to make another Panzer Dragoon Saga style RPG are probably not going to come through. Especially considering at the time of release it was the most expensive game ever made.

As long as they have a monopoly on mass-market OS' they will never go bankrupt.

Platinum has a history of being able to release a game within a 2-3 year dev cycle, the fact that they were nowhere close to done with 4 years of work suggests Microsoft's history of meddling with development might be at fault.

With Scalebound it seemed to be a Dragon's Dogma tier game, and outside of Nier Automata they dont have experience with those yet. MS also has a history of creative meddling and forcing out shit.

True the Panzer Dragoon series has a cult following but no way it would be a big deal for the average consumer. Not a system seller alas.

OR a game is 4 years into production, is nowhere near finished so they pulled the plug to save money

Kamiya has a history of taking too long, I know he's worshiped here but for fuck sakes 4 years into production and a project is half finished? How much longer are they supposed to fund that?

I can see where you're coming from, especially like MGSV where they couldnt keep funding a development with no end in sight. But this is still one of the only few interesting titles the Xbone had, and the fact that it wasnt even released in some form is disappointing.

It most likely would have been done earlier if Microsoft didntforce in 4 player co op. They most likely kept trying to force shit in which increased production time

PC gaming died when steam was born. while all consoles were moving towards becoming multimedia centers focused around accounts and online, PC was the one refuge to avoid all that gamers could always go when the consoles became the opposite of their original appeal.
the console fanbase of simplicity stayed with consoles as they got more complex, and PC would have been a place for them to run, but instead evolved with the consoles thanks to steam.
the hardware arms race at the time didnt help this either.

What's wrong with steam?

seriously?

Mad World: 3 year dev cycle
Bayonetta: 2.5 year dev cycle
Vanquish: 3 year dev cycle
Metal Gear Rising: 18 month dev cycle
Bayonetta 2: 2 year dev cycle
Wonderful 101: 2 year dev cycle
Korra and Transformers: 12-18 month dev cycle
Ninja Turtles: 8-12 month dev cycle
Nier Automata: 2 year dev cycle

No.

DRM platform owned by the increasingly jewish company Valve, where you don't actually own the games you buy.
Then there's the horrible customer service, undermoderated GreenLight from which trash upon trash keeps pouring into steam and then of course there's the shite that is EarlyAccess.
There's probably more, but that's what I got.

Ah, gotcha.

wow, it looks like you actually need to have someone explain to you why a mandatory content managment system for your home computer applications is a bad thing.

do you also keep all your update managers installed? are you against ad blocking applications? do you install all the toolbars that come with software you want?

I don't need steam to play games, fammallamma.

Notice how every game there other than 101 where he had the most direct influence took the longest to make?

He had almost nothing to do with Rising, Transformers, Korra and TMNT, I mean he's openly upset that people credit him for Rising/Transformers

Oh and Bayonetta 2 took over 3 years to make, not 2, it was in production before its WiiU announcement

Steam is barely a DRM platform, steam DRM is fucking laughably terrible

Steam is just a content manager/store/multiplayer front end and little else realistically, you're basically mad at a modern version of fucking gamespy that has an online store you retard

That's an understatement. It's been pushed back three times that I remember. I don't know what's so hard; all I want to be able to do is run around causing havoc in a cell-shaded city. What's so hard about this?

Also didn't mean to link to as first choice meant to link to

its a mandatory content managment system. as i stated in the post you replied to. retard

also, gamespy is specifically for playing games online, it was never required for a single player game, and often not required for multiplayer, but the better option to find populated lobbies, but thanks for demonstrating how new to PC gaming you are. retard

The problem is clearly microsoft. First they wanted fucking microtransaction. Then they wanted the PC version. At least 2 years were lost because of microsoft kikery.

They wanted it to be the first game using cloud computing. Of course, cloud computing went to shit when they turned back from their initial project of "always on" console.

You're saying PC gaming died because the most convenient way to play them now makes you use their system. Ignoring the fact that most games worth playing have releases outside of steam, plus the majority people aren't freetards. You would have had an argument if you said RTS' died, MobAs took over, and most games on PC are dumbing themselves down so they can have a console port. Instead you bitch about a content manager you don't even need to use 95% of the time.

kek. stopped reading there. nobody said this user. stop projecting.

You must have some serious brain defect.

It's not really the most convenient way to play videogames as it is the only way to play them in most cases, if we mostly consider new releases rather than old games that were off steam and then got put onto the platform.

For how many games?

List is out of date, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Steam_authentication.

why the fuck are there so many exceptions for europe?

That's because Don Mattrick was more interested in selling your data to ad companies than selling games to people.
Honestly if they'd have got some Jap devs on board from the beginning, the piece of shit wouldn't be doing as badly as it is in nipland. Though it would still be doing pretty bad Instead they focused on their spycam and DRM and it's blown back in their faces.

Too bad it's wrong, I can just pirate most of this.

Funny how on Playstation I can still buy a game anonymously and play it without being logged. Since I only play single-player games I have no use for a client.

Microsoft did try to adopt the Steam approach for consoles with always online DRM and no used games. Consoles aren't PC just yet. In theory you could never connect the PS4 to the internet if you'd want. The only times I let my consoles access PSN is for patches and updates.

The Wii U and switch aren't multimedia centers, hell their main feature is off TV play, where the game moves off the TV to get out of the way for the rest of media.

Us Euros are still bitching about privacy and consumer rights. Glad TTIP fell through.

instead of a multimedia gimmick, they added a motion control gimmick. most people would rather click past needless menus than be forced to shake a controller instead of just holding a button.
you know what else isnt a multimedia player? the ouya.
doesnt make it good.

Then fucking yell and bitch at game producers not putting PC games as hard copies in stores, or stop bitching that steam is where you can buy 99.999% of games

The reason you need STEAM to play single player games YOU BOUGHT OFF STEAM is because STEAM is where you BOUGHT THE GAME

Do you hear yourself talk or are you just fucking retarded?

And? The game store were I buy my games doesn't know my name. I have no relationship with them. If Steam was just a store like Amazon I'd be fine with it.

Though you probably wont be able to install games if you're offline.

Jesus christ, just put Crackdown on PC and put your console business quietly out to pasture already.

wow

You think that people would care that much if Microsoft quietely kills the Xbone and Windows Store and moves all their games to PC?

waaaah, dont make fun of my friend for creating this environment, make fun of the people who operate within the environment my friend created. its not his fault theyre all in his environment! blame them! plz no bully
are you a fucking faggot?

so if i buy a game from a store or online store, i need that store to remain in business or my software goes null? is that the argument youre trying to make? are you trying to argue that if i buy a game from amazon.com i need amazon.com to use that product?

Amazon for PC games sells you codes to use on Steam/Origin/Uplay etc you fuckwit

stay in school user.

I don't know, I just want the Crackdown remake 3. But considering that scalebound got cancelled, the chances of this coming out aren't looking too good.

Apparently some dude claims that it had troubles but is more likely to come out compared to Scalebound. If Crackdown 3 does get canned though the Xbox might as well say goodbye, since it has barely any diverse exclusives to stand out

Scalebound got cancelled?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsss

4 years and no oversight by Microsoft into Kamiya's "Vision" caused him to dick around for 4 years and only had the game half done

So microsoft canned it and Kamiya is sperging out like a child across twitter that they just killed his baby when by all outside appearances he wasn't too interested in his baby to begin with considering he's made 2 other games during that time

He's not made any games between Scalebound's development and now, user.

I thought it would release eventually but flop horribly anyway.

He worked on Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101 and Star Fox Zero

So I was wrong, it was not two games, it was three

Not really, he only ever worked on W101 and oversaw Bayo 2's development while someone else directed it. Apparently Scalebound was mainly in prototype form since 2013. Plus he aint that angry on twitter, since calmer than usual

He's always angry, I'm surprised there is still people left on twitter he hasn't blocked yet

I mean fuck he said something one time that I agreed with and he blocked me

The man is a ball of repressed rage

Yeah, I'm sure MS dindu nuffin. No corporate meddling at all, nope.

Microsoft taking their hands off approach is often why games bite them in the ass in the end

Look at the shitfest around Halo collection 4 and 5?

I mean for fuck sakes, RARESOFT, look at letting them do whatever they fucking wanted got them

First you have to understand two things. First the Xbox Division has never, ever, made money for Microsoft. Now Corporate isn't willing to throw around large sums of money. Second and equally important, everyone that knew what they were doing is gone.

Scalebound's failure is a perfect example of how bad management at Microsoft is. Japanese live to work, and dealing with Microsoft the lead dev and designer had to take a month off to recuperate.

Crackdown 3 is failing because it was based entirely around their cloud processing idea that noses dived when someone outside silicon valley explained to them that the rest of the country has shit internet or would be unwilling to sacrifice their data limit to play with cloud processing. This is why Halo 5 was shit, it also was initially designed around cloud processing (343 being shit didn't help matters either).

Now Microsoft is trying to push the Windows Store to compete with Steam as 10 has sold worse than 8 and 10 was a free update! Microsoft is ran by incompetents who don't have a clue what they're doing anymore. Diversity hires will do that to you.

It did from X360's second year on actually.

The computer manufacturers have been bitching at Microsoft for years over killing the PC market. It seems unless you really need a computer you don't have to buy one. Hence why their sales aren't turning a profit anymore. Right now they make more money from holding onto patents then they do anything else.

I shortened my post, but no it hasn't. They kept spending money on exclusives, marketing, timed exclusives, and cozying up to developers. Internally it has been a black hole on their budget, because unlike Sony and Nintendo they just kept spending and spending.

Why they're failing now is because the people running the company and the investors don't like the Xbox division and want it sold off. When Windows 10 store fails, which is only a matter of time, the Xbox Brand will be sold or spun off only to die in obscurity with the failure of the scorpio.

360 didn't turn a profit until SLIM model was released, 360 original having cost MS more than a billion dollars in RMA claims due to RRoD

Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about video games. They never wanted to make the Xbox. A team within Microsoft had to basically lie and bullshit Bill Gates into thinking that they'd just be installing Windows Media Centers into everyone's livingroom, and Bill was hyper-pissed when he found out, but at the time they had sunk too much money in to pull out. They tried to axe it in the 360 days, but they actually had some momentum they figured they could leverage when shifting the focus of the device. Now Bill is more or less retired and they have a bunch of hatchetmen in charge who are slash happy.

The Xbox, to them, has to succeed as a media box first - with the ability to play games as a secondary concern. If it doesn't succeed on those terms, and it's not a Windows machine meant to bolster their Windows OS, then it can get shitcanned for all they care.

Half of those aren't made by Kamiya. Hell, he didn't even have a mayor spot in Vanquish, which took the longest to complete

you do? just to use it? and everytime you want to use the product?

Does anyone on this fucking board pay attention to AllGamesDelta? The site had a concise post about this a day or two ago when the news broke.

Do you honestly believe three years is an unreasonable amount of time for a video game to be developed?

I don't need GoG Galaxy to play single player games I buy off of GoG. Do you have fetal alcohol syndrome?

There was "no oversight" in the sense that "executive meddling" isn't quit ethe same thing as oversight.

You mean the Master Chief collection? I hadn't paid much attention to the development of that collection, or Halo 4 and 5. What are you referring to?

For additional context, this is what happened with the Phantom Dust reboot which was also cancelled. Microsoft meddles with projects like this all the time.

archive.is/GclxL

Tell me about that wii u game that requires you to shake instead of pressing a button.

Bygone era when M$ told Sega they could do whatever they wanted
But Sega did literally that and ported many games to the PS2 and Gamecube instead

The sooner Xbox dies, the better for vidya. Nothing of value will be lost once it dies.

Microsoft is full of kikes, ot really big news. They probbaly care more about getting people to install botnet 10 instead of their games department.

It would be a disaster for the competition

Did that perform so poorly that the bint in charge of 343 had to resign?

Also
Yes let's talk about MS letting Rare do whatever they wanted. They stuck their kike noses in with them and fucked over the the work the team had done up to that point. The result was Banjo Nuts & Bolts and thanks to the game not performing up to expectations, mostly due to Microsofts kikery, Rare were relegated to being a bit studio making Wii Sport knockoff games.

More like Xbox Done

What's wrong with being an educated consumer? Forced DRM-online requirement might of had a little impact. X-paymore (micropayment in fictional currency is not even legally money) is not a consumer friendly option. Pay-Station and X-Broke-ass-simulator, are playing the same field. They play against the consumer.

Monopolization, shitty client, digital only

No. They stay at the top by trowing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.

I have no pity for Microsoft. Ever since 2014, they had all the opportunities to turn things around. Getting Phil was supposed to be the start of their good fortune, then backwards compatability came out, then the Xbone S and that's all of the good things that have came out of Xbox this gen. Sunset Overdrive flopped, Halo 5 has no splitscreen and its story was changed at the last minute, Gears of War 4 plays like Gears 1, Fable: Legends and Scalebound are gone, Forza is getting released too often, CoD deal is gone along with other 3rd party deals, near-zero Jap support, losing the dudebro audience, Recore and Quantum Break being pieces of shit, Titanfall 1 flopping (Titanfall 2 flopping has no effect on MS anymore), etc. With such a bland and stabilized lineup of Halo Wars 2 and Sea of Thieves (Crackdown 3 has problems and expect Cuphead to be on Steam months after Xbone release), I dunno how anybody is going to be interested in getting an Xbone. If you need a media player, get whatever $100 streaming box that you can find. If you need a console, hook up your PC to your tv and you're done. If the Switch goes all out on Friday or Thursday for you burgers, expect to see Halo becoming third party first before you see Mario on the PS4.

Yeah those PS2 ports of Orta, Gun Valkyrie, and JSRF were great

windows 10 will be the long term windows OS, longer than any other windows version before.
the company is being directly attacked by Google and Apple, smartphones in general.

microsoft has been complete garbage since the early 90's.
the xbox was just a way for Microsoft to make it more assessable for gamers to play PC games.

he blocks people on twitter for crediting him for Bayo 2

also what's even the point of buying an X-Box One or PS4?
I mean, I bought a 360 because they'res a shit ton of games I wanted to try out.
On an Xbone their's fuck all

Anyone else shocked that consumers flatly rejected having a camera pointed at them in their living rooms that needed to be on at all times?

In the end this is what killed the xbox brand. Everybody knew that this was a feature for Microsoft and their shareholders first and foremost. Parents were rightfully creeped out by it. Gamers were disgusted when they heard it was mandatory.

Considering the craze of taking selfies, doing voice chat and tiny cameras on every piece of tech imaginable I never expected this would happen.

Because they do that by choice. I imagine if the kinect 2.0 were an optional extra like the first one people might have been more receptive to it. The moment you try to force shit on people is when they tell you to eat shit.

Kind of, considering that most consumer devices come with cameras anymore. Most laptops have one at the top of the screen. The 3DS has one at the top of it's screen. Almost all mobile phones have a user-facing camera. A lot of people set up cameras in their houses as a form of security.

Or maybe it's because it was adding $100 to the fucking price tag and it was something you would never use which was pissing consumers off

And it was because soon as they removed it Xbone sales took off, but even at that it was too late and PS4 has a massive lead

It wasn't just that part that got massively rejected. It was the fact that the system would need constant internet access to authenticate your games even if they were disc based, and that trading or reselling games would've been impossible without paying an 'used fee'.
Sony simply had to say that the PS4 was not like the Xbone to win. And they did. (aside from making vid related in a jiffy while loafing around before the reveal of the system's specs and price on e3. They did that video as a quick thought - just look at the shitty scenario setup and lighting - but it gained them massive support and it was frankly fucking hilarious when it came out.)

That patent where the kinect would recognize the number of people in a room and prohibit playing a movie if a certain threshold was passed probably had something to do with it too).
It was basically 1984: the console. That kind of shit did generate disgust even on the hardest Xbox fans. It was that bad.

This. PCgaming is owned by Valve. Hell PC is basically a console now. Or maybe consoles are now PCs?

Who would have imagined 15 years ago devs would so casually say "developed for PC and Playstation".

Sony are masters of this, and it won't be the first console generation that they won by simply waiting for the competition to stick their foot in their mouths.

I meant that they had a chance way back in 2014 to make up for the Xbone reveal. I'm aware that MS has been failing since forever.

This is what I thought as well. Most tech companies offer their 'always on' spying as an optional feature in order to not be too off putting. Microsoft being a corporate cult they had no problem insulting those who didn't want what they offered. In their mind we ought to be thankful for their spying.

I disconnect any microphones or cameras in electronics I own. I expect this will be made illegal within my lifetime, already some devices display error messages when you do this.

You're forgetting a very disgusting feature that is often overlooked and was designed to be used in conjunction with the spy camera. The HDMI in port. They'd record your heart rate, track your gaze and the emotional state on your face while you're watching media from other companies.

That quantity and quality of data mining would be worth taking such risk on their xbox brand. They've seemed to take a more incremental approach with Windows since then.

Optional? Hah. Most of the time, all checkboxes and settings default to 'on'. The deal is that you have to opt-out of that shit. And then there's Microsoft…
Windows 10 does all that whether you want it or not. Updates, too. Fuck you if you're working, MS just gotta give you dem untested updates.
Difference is that MS isn't exactly clear on their advertising about all the shit windows does, and even if they do, people end up forcing themselves to use it because of 'muh games', 'muh security' or simply because it's what came with the system.

Xbone on the other hand is still a game console, something that MS forgot. People want these to play games - insert a disc and fucking play it (well, after 20 gigs of updates that is). They also want to trade, buy used and be free of stupid ass restrictions like that.
Spy shit might fly over the heads of your typical PC user who doesn't care about this 'windows' thingamajiqq, but gamers are slightly more clever and quickly caught on to that bullshit.
And yeah, I forgot about that about watching other media… There was a patent about that kind of tracking. It's freaking crazy. Then again Sony isn't all roses either, they have a patent about interacting with commercials to resume your game or something like that.

I remember seeing that patent, you had to stand up to resume a movie or say you loved a brand name. It's all fake, this is the type of black propaganda marketing firms come up with nowadays. Memetic warfare by corporations, they have bots here analyzing our posts while they study us like insects.

Don't get me wrong Sony is just as bad, that anyone still trusts them after the rootkit fiasco and their criminal behaviour all throughout it is hard to believe.

Then again you have people in this very thread who defend Valve after they were caught spying on user's DNS logs. For those that aren't technically inclined that means they knew every website you've ever visited, supposedly to find users who went to 'hacking/cheating' forums.

Lel

Is that the one where they were packaging Sony Music CDs with PC software that would root your system when you went to install it, or is there another rootkit fiasco that I didn't catch wind of?

Huh. It was pretty far-fetched to begin with, but with the kind of shit patents we've seen the likes of Apple put out you can never know…

The very same. And that crappy protection was easily circumvented by using a permanent marker to make the data part unreadable, leaving only the music part.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Copy_Protection (because nothing says 'true meaning of audio security' like a system that only works on Windows PCs…)

this, but they are almost all out of money.

shitty b8 or real curiousity?

it's basically just like EA and microsoft. drm and NO FUN ALLOWED.

Now I realize I'll get attacked as a shill for pointing this out, but the Sony subsidiary who is responsible for the ps4 is not the same as the Sony subsidiary responsible for putting rootkits on music cds.

One good thing to have come from Scalebound being canceled is the fun I'm having watching all the salty youtube videos and reading the comments as people lose their minds and go into damage control mode.

Don't mistake this for console war faggotry, I'm just loving the sheer volumes of pure un-refined grade A butthurt.

It was good because it felt like typical amateur youtube video with its cheap ass background and two bad actors. But it work well. Also I admit that's still fucking hilarious.

It must have been really anoying for Miguel Angelo to work with his moeny men looking over the shoulder telling him what to do

The priest that ordered the celling of the Sixtine chapel was a pain in the ass, so much that Miguel Angello had one if his assistans sit on the trap door leading to the roof where they were painting so that fat fuck couldn't get in and anoy the fuck out of everyone
And once the work was finished, the tastles jew pries threw a bitchfit cus he didnt like it
Same happened with the David.
"Hurdur the nose is to big, can you fix it?" they sayd
So Miguel Angello climbed the stairs made a sound with his hammer and chissel then threw som marmol dust he had in his pocket back at the moeny men, he didn't really change jack shit in the nose, but the retardede money bags didn't notice the difference

I'm guessing something similar happened to Kamiya
He wanted to make a fun game that ran smoothly
M$ just wanted a mediocre quick cheap cash grab with shoehorned multiplayer and some name recognition behind it for marketing propouses

I can see how they both would clash
I feel bad for Kamiya, this had been a pet project of his for long while and he had it shat on by M$ so bad that he had to cancel it cus his pride would not allow him to release an unfinished, underperforming, unpolished mediocre game with his name on the cover

Kamiya is smart, Platinum games can afford some shitty titles with licenced IPs but Original works must all be top notch otehrwise their reputation would have gone down the drain along with M$

Kamiya most certainly didn't want his reputation to go the same way as that other guy with his pet project that was an unpolished mess rushed through the door

fuck me wrong image

Nice image that first one.

Actually it's been making money since 2008 and hit black in 2010 and has been in the black every year since. Don Matrick was even named in the 2012 Fortune 500 as one of the Tech Industries break out stars for turning the division around (He's still shit though).

archive.is/rXahG

In fact revenue is so high that it's estimated to break even the Xbox Huge's defecit in 2017 and they posted $9 billion in revenue per Anumn for gaming in 2016 versus Sony's $11 Billion. Why walk away and hand over a big industry like that to Amazon just because you are making $2 billion less than your rival?

People have said the investors have hated Xbox since 1999 when it was originally rumored. Turned out investors never hated it, they didn't like Gates having an unclear vision. There's even a funny story in Robbie Bach's book where they met an massive investor who was almost on the board who said he disliked every single part of the project until his teenage kid told him he wanted an Xbox for Christmas when suddenly he realized that suddenly MS had something over its competitors and a chance to get back the younger generation Apple was taking away from them (Then asked if they could sign a case for a game for his kid).

The last investors who "Hated" it, ValuAct only lasted a few months on the board before they cashed out. And the original "Spin Off" plan was created by Don Matrick and was supported by Stephen Elop which his support of apparently helped cost him the CEO job at MS. (He was fired in 2015 on the same day as MS having their conference at E3. Nadella didn't even do it personally because he was at E3). I find it very hard to believe with how utterly lethargic the investors have been towards removing it in the last few years.

No offense m8 but all your talking points feel straight out of Neofag or cuckchan including the "Investors hate it" (Since 1999) line and "Microsoft is leaving the industry". No one has love for Microshit here but at least we deal with facts instead of blind shitposting

Fuck, fixed. Wrong year. But 2016 revenue is estimated to be even higher than that for both sides. If investors want them to pull out of a booming industry because they aren't in first place and hand that revenue over to a direct competitor like Amazon then they are exceedingly retarded.

The "Hardcore Gamer" bubble makes people incredibly stupid sometimes.

That has got to be the most infuriating and depressing thing I've read this year.

Good news. It was a fake.

fucking finally

Only Bayonetta and Wonderful 101 were made by Kamiya.

Resident Evil 2: March 1996 - January-1998
Devil May Cry: January 1998 - August 2001.
Viewtiful Joe: August 2001 - June 2003.
Okami: June 2003 - April 2006

He seems pretty consistent. RE2 and DMC1 both went through a series of false starts, especially the latter, since it started as a PS1 sequel to RE2 and then was made into a PS2 game.

It sold poorly but it's recouped that and more due to the REQ packs.

Halo 4 and 5's campaign are the definition of wasted potential and poor execution, but 5's MP is actually pretty great,.

Blood Wake, Yager, Gun Valkyrie, Rallisport Challenge 1 and 2, if you like rally games.

I remember when I used to think steam had DRM. Now none of the steam games I play have DRM.