No one is playing Metal Gear Online

feels bad man

Learn a lesson.

user, we're all hyped for Metar Gearu Survivu!

MGO2 was better and it was a console shooter.

MGO3 was terrible and the PC isn't exactly most peoples choice of platform for MGS games, so I'm not surprised.

MGO just gets worse with each iteration, MGO1 was amazing, MGO2 was heavily flawed but fun in it's own way, but MGO3 is just garbage.

Max Payne 3, The Last of Us, and Starhawk included. Remember when multiplayer games were good with some unique modes, it's all fucking TDM and CTF, the only decent multiplayer game on the market right now is R6S and that's not even an 8/10.

Gee, I wonder why it fucking failed. Seriously, fuck Konami.
I don't even care if it's the Yakuza causing this. But it's definitely not Hideo Kojima at this fucking point anymore.
It's clearly an issue involving the company itself.

I was fucking hyped for cloak and dagger. Had my perfect NL kit for offense, and genuinely had some great times, and met very few cheaters.

What happened? There was promise..

Kojimbo makes movies, not vidya.

Ehhh, there really wasn't anything interesting about Metal Gear Online's multiplayer gameplay. Nothing that wasn't already being done in other games and being done BETTER.

To be rather honest, they should have spent more time/money investing in developing the motherbase raiding and bringing multiplayer into more of the singleplayer game aspect of it. The lines just weren't blurred enough.

but that's all hindsight shit.

MGS5 will forever stand as a testament of what happens when you spend a lot of money and time doing a lot of things half-assed and still not being able to make a full ass out of all the ass-halves.

The last chapter wouldn't have made the game good, the game is inherently flawed and was never going to be even decent even based off of the earliest builds and the earliest trailers. MGSV failed primarily on Kojima's poor vision for the game.

Don't you have Kojima's next "masterpiece" to wank over, you know the game which has showed no gameplay and is more than likely a walky talky.

Three words, Peer to Peer.
My connection was always so shit. Why couldn't they make servers like normal devs?

I didn't know going several times overbudget, requiring limitless resources and demanding more time could make a company money… The more you know huh?

Kojima:
1. Is the George Lucas of video games.
2. May be a childfucking faggot.
So while MGS V should never have been allowed to be released unfinished, the sheer fucking convolution and stupidity of the story and his neurological hangups make me apathetic to his plight.

Holy shit give it a rest, this thread is for talking about the MGO3 not for shitposting and nitpicking about a single dev on the team.

I've written it out many many many times before so i'm not really inclined to give out the essay again but from my perspective, when looking at the game in all elements (when it first came out, not after all these patches and updates) the game really looks like it started life as one vision and then that vision got changed at least one or more times during development.
In the end there was probably a mad dash to try to stitch together all this shit from all these vision changes and make new shit to have things make sense…but Konami pulled the plug.

So your end result is essentially a frankenstien's monster of a game. Some sections are more whole and original to themselves than others, but others are clearly stitched together from other parts.
The biggest red flags and showings of this is from the story itself.
Plot points that are risen then dropped. Plot points that seem rushed. Multiple plans for the same villain with no ruse/misinformation plot (very unlike a kojima game and no the YOU ARE NOT BIG BOSS does not count as the ruse plot of the villain).

But there are other problems which are seen in gameplay mechanics that are clearly not finished.
You have a self-healing system (popping dislocated joints back into place) that is never fully utilized.
The remnants of a psyche system (having to go back to MB to take a shower).
And a piss-poor anemic morality system. These things that would be core and essential to any other MGS game are pushed off into the realm of being a vestigal organ. The only reason why they weren't completely cut out, in my estimation, is because you had so much other shit already tied to it and it was better to leave it unfinished than to spend the time and money trying to rip it completely.

When I hear about the way Konami dicked around with Kojima and his team…the timeline is never mentioned and I have a suspicion that Konami, desperate to protect an investment, may have tried to pull Kojima away from his team to stop him from making changes.
This is not uncommon with "creative" types that no longer have a leash.
Just look at what George Lucas kept doing to the original star wars films.

Fuck you. The thread goes where the posters want it to.

No fuck you leatherhead, it's shitposting and doesn't ever go anywhere, whereas OP's question would actually make for interesting conversation and maybe even a Holla Forums plays of MGO3, but no you gotta shitpost about "mih movies" and how a single man is responsible for 5 games.

No fuck you. If they wanted to discuss the game they would. The thread goes where it will. You have no control over it.

I know I don't have control over it, do i look like a hotpocket to you? I'm saying that we've had this same stale bait thread a hundred times and that it would be nice to have a thread about the game.

Anyone else disappointed over MGSV's ending? I couldn't even bring myself to enjoy the game anymore after learning "u r not big boss XD troll'd!!!"

Well the problem is that Metal Gear Online just isn't that interesting.
There's only so many ways you can say that.

Kojima is a hackfraud. Death stranding will prove that once and for all.

It really will be the deciding factor. If he fucks up again there will be no excuses anyone can make.

No, it won't. Kojimadrones will say it has good writing and gave them the feefees and that the small chunks of gameplay were superb after waiting through 10 hours of cutscenes, and anit-kojimadrones will screech HACK HACK FRAUD FRAUD IT'S A MOVIE GAME MEME GAME! and nothing will change. Only if it's extremely good or daikatana levels of bad will there be any kind of final word on it.

Yeah…and ya know what? Its not even because of that shitty LOL UR NOT BIG BOSS premise either (fuck you with spoilers everyone knows).
There is a few ways that this premise could have been done to make it work and to make it SATISFYING and those avenues just weren't taken.
My thoughts as to why is pretty much because that twist was part of some gear-shift idea that Kojima had. Probably because someone said "hey, how do you supposed we can explain Big Boss being killed twice in Metal Gear from the MSX games?"
Or maybe it was something that always bugged him since MGS plotlines had the illusion of fitting together and everything having a reason (even if the reason was nanomachines).

Personally, put me in the camp that it was all a mistake to do that. Especially because of what the fans expected.
Everyone was primed and pumped to watch a man get dragged through that final circle of hell, a hell he had a huge part in creating, and thus become that demon of a madman who wanted nothing more than to drag the world into eternal conflict and war.

Eh, but there are still questions that would be unanswered though.
Like, how does a man who is hounded by the patroits and essentially the core of the U.S. government get to be the one who can create a new "Fox Hound" unit, train Solid Snake, and then betray him?
Like how does that get allowed to happen at that point?

Like, I can see that still happening by the end of peace walker….but by the beginning of Ground Zeroes?
Nah man.

If you think about it, the biggest problem with MGS5 was the genesis for the long running game series to begin with…Metal Gear.

dark souls was a mistake. you want a game that you cant properly replay anymore in 10 years, because the servers stopped existing or the playercount is too low? that relies heavily on the "connected" aspect? not even going into all the other problems that can arise from this.
this is exactly as stupid as it sounds. if anything developers should cut out the multiplayer to polish the singleplayer more, if thats what the game is first and foremost about.

but you can still play darksouls fine without the online aspects and it's still fun.

Take two and a half steps back from the discussion to see what he actually said in the context thereof. Your statement is irrelevant.

he was advocating "blurred lines" though. i was referring to dark souls because it made this singleplayer-but-not-really stuff popular in the first place. i dont think many developers would try a concept like that if it has never been tried before. maybe they wouldnt even come up with that, who knows.

there is no objective reality about whether something is good or not, if there were Holla Forums wouldn't exist because we would all just be able to know if something is good or bad from anywhere else and discussion would be moot. It's an opinion, and I'm saying that it's just gonna be more shitposting unless it really is so gleaming and great or so broken and horrible that you can objectively say it is bad or good.

You made it sound bad though, that the servers would shut down and the game would be unplayable when that happened.

I feel like you're off base here.
Generally in 10 years the multiplayer aspect of most games is going to be down the tubes.
And yes, I was considering something more like dark souls. Where the multiplayer is nice to have but not necessary for the game.

What I am advocating though is little simple things they could have done to make it more worthwhile. Team coordinated raids on those proxy Mother Bases to make alliances more worthwhile.
Make the missions you can send your guys out on actually be raids on other proxy bases played out in a behind the scenes stat calculation thing if the player doesn't defend directly.

See, they had blurred it in the resource sharing aspect for your R&D but to me that wasn't enough. There really is no incentive to go to other people's bases and steal these things for yourself because you can get them easier, and in much larger quantities, just by playing the single player.
They should have made the resources more scarce in the single player, maybe?

Hell, to make it even better so as to not obsolete the game when multiplayer dries up you can have an online/offline mode that actually MAKES SENSE and is a decision you make when you START A NEW GAME. The switch is simple, in online mode the single-player resources are a bit more scarce and you will need to go to other people's bases to steal what you need. The idea being that the resource your bases can generate, primarily, is random, and so you would seek out the person with a base who's primary resource is what you need.
Offline mode you just have all resources available in game.

These are just little spitballed ideas on how to improve what is already there and how to incentivize people to play and have fun with the online aspects of it.
Otherwise what is the fucking online raid modes of proxy bases, ultimately?

You sound like a goon.

You just use words without comprehension of what they mean don't you?

#KucksForKonami

The moment the trailers said "open world," I knew we were in trouble.

I've had a lot of Kojima loyalty for a while, but I'm starting to calm down after PT, and am starting to realize Silent Hills wouldn't have been that great. He'll try, but he'll just shove in the things Konami tells him he has to, like before, and PT was the start of "Sorry, no gameplay, but look at all my cool celebrity friends. They're on my project." Sadly it's starting to get worse with Death Stranding. I'm getting worried we haven't seen anything even resembling gameplay.
I also hate his new cinematography style. The style from MGS2 - 4 had flair and wasn't afraid to drift into the surreal. Now he got infected by JJ Abrams.
SHAKY CAM, LENS FLARE, GLORY SHOTS OF EVERYTHING

I don't mind the idea that Venom is the memetic reality of Big Boss' legend. That's actually a decent inversion of the themes in MGS2 in a way that makes sense with the player being their own character.

The problem I have with it is the fact that Venom becoming the legend, while Vic Boss disappears into obscurity presumably founding Zanzibarland.

Ahab had to BE a character - to be the flawed, misunderstood, and ultimately hypocritical autist we saw in Snake Eater and Peace Walker - for Venom playing the hero his brainwashed meme convinced him the "real" Big Boss would do to mean anything. Similarly if Venom is you and your actions have consequence, we needed a LOT more than a horn and blood that has literally no mechanical differences.

MGSV has a lot of good ideas that ultimately never went anywhere. I assume the game with Chico, set in Rhodesia, with the actual US Government as the antagonist that Ground Zeroes was setting up would have made thematic sense. The big twist was probably always there, but it was probably wrapped in a story that actually made sense and fit with everything else the series had built toward.

Gameplay is a set of amazing combat mechanics stitched together at the last minute with no level design or limitations to make it challenging. Ground Zeroes had obvious shit missing - no knock, no dumpsters, no "call for help" - but even so it shows us a glimpse if what this game COULD have been if it hadn't been aborted and then resuscitated half-way though.

This will never not hurt.

they didn't though. i mean they were jews but that's not why mgo3 sucks, it sucks because it's just a fucking shooter. it doesn't reward you for stealth at all and you can get better results just blasting an LMG than sneaking/fultoning/gathering intel

Disappointment and MGSV go together like a ham and cheese sandwich

i play on pc and theres always at least 1 full game unless its 5 am

The fact that OP thinks this is bad, now that is something to feel about.

but if you blur the lines so much, that the multiplayer aspect of the game becomes an integral part of what the game is - yes, then it will indeed be bad when that part is suddenly not there anymore.

i think i have a general idea about the kind of blurring you wish for now.
This
is not a good idea however, i think. because by doing that you are basically making the multiplayer non-optional and ultimately the singleplayer more grindy - which is probably not they way it is intended to be played at that point. thats what i mean with integral. even when theres no feature missing, this would still make it a more annoying experience.
that being said, i would have little against your optional mode idea. if that doesnt mean that the singleplayer is just a gimped, less well thought out version of the singeplayer, that is.
while this sounds nice in theory, i dont think you will ever have both. one will always get more love or resources than the other.

Hopefully it will be somewhat Whammy-Kablamey. Also some Rooty-tooty-aim-and-shooty.

FUCKING THIS
He doesn't use any camera shot variety anymore. It's all pans and tracking shots, see MGSV. It's terrible, especially when you do that type of shit for a living, because you notice it twice as much then you would otherwise. So many scenes only had one camera shot being used, it was so bad.
He was, there are plenty of pictures of him doing his own editing and directing the mocap team. He's a George Lucas, I expect he had full control over everything, especially the way a scene would look.

Funny how it took nearly 30 fucking years for Konami to realize that, and even let Kojima be a producer on other franchises besides MGS (namely ZoE). Gee, it's almost like the company as a whole wanted to move away from AAA gaming regardless.

Konami cucks are utterly pathetic.

Even one pachinko machine has more gameplay than all mgs games put together.

No one's gonna fall for it, oni-pai.

Ain't bait if it true

Does anyone have a link to the torrent for the non-chink one?

MGO3 would've been better if they just reused the SP map and have vehicular warfare.

anime was a mistake tier

Konami=Yakuza front
Only pachinko baka gaijin, user-kun..

it would be all out chaos and I would love it.

If it has good writing you can thank Deltoro for it.

Along with this I was hoping your friends could join your PMC and then fight with other PMCs and absolve them into yours and the match has become two behemoth legions duking it out with the man who integrated everyone taking the glory.

There must be at least one Jew inside konami.

You forgot about the one making the MGS movie.

Are you fucking 12? Do you not understand how business works?

EL OH EL
I'd be surprised if Del Taco can write his own name.

if you can't remember a mildly complicated nonenglish name then you are the retard here

i remember i quit for 6 months, came back and there was still 6 full servers

what the fuck do people still do in that game except diceroll CQC and lmg spam?

I had fun user, I remember back when MGO3 launched and I initiated a gigantic hug feast on one of the servers. I made both teams join forces and people were just suplexing, interrogating, CQCing, and doing other stupid bullshit to each other.

The LA team made MGO. It was really solid but Konami killed longevity on purpose with their awful calls. There's no point in arguing this no matter how much you dislike Kojima.

It was super fun to me. It needed free updates badly and more shit

Who /redberet/ here

I understand that needing to sell 6 million copies at retail price to break even is a very poor business decision.

Of fucking course no one is playing MGO3.
It's shit.
I'd rather grind FOB events for new camos in singleplayer than bother with this cancer.

MGO2 was already cancerous. Original MGO was where it should have ended tbh.

Who needs MGO when you have the Official Metal Gear Solid® Pachinko™.

Okay, thanks for playing. You’re too fucking retarded to be allowed to keep posting here.

Go on user then, tell me the objectively best game ever made. If it is objectively the best I will have absolutely no points to argue against it. I'll wait.

Opinions can be stupid and misinformed. It only becomes subjective when you're trying to choose which of a set of games of an initial, objective quality is superior.

You're asking an impossible question, since you're leaving too much open to interpretation. If you're question were "Name some of the objectively best games ever made for a given genre", then you'd have a very clear-cut list.

Can you really fault them with this? What the fuck are they going to use the Fox engine for PES?

You don’t fucking comprehend what is being said, so why don’t you just lurk more, kiddo?

I wish this was just an expansion pack instead of a retail game. It looks sorta okay, but very cheap for a spinoff.

This, holy fuck. Gets my dick hard just thinking about it.

They dissolved KojiPro LA and barely supported the game afterwards so go figure it died. The complaints they did address like divespamming and connection issues were too little too late. Not to mention the MB Coin shilling.

Not to mention that MGS4's cosmetics were vastly superior.

mgo is shit mainly because unlike mgs5 you can't permanently kill people's waifus

MGO3 lags to shit and there is no RAW mouse input option. A lot of the content, like the Quiet expansion, was either paid DLC, or had to use mother base coins (freemium currency basically) to unlock costumes. That's it. The match making was atrocious too.