Any classic Total War fans on Holla Forums?

Any classic Total War fans on Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXby75cye0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't bully Joan of Arc

I'll bully the fuck out of that bitch.

She didn't even fight in combat, bitch just carried a banner around. And she refused to let other women in the army like the fucking crossdressing snowflake 'muh chosen by god' attention seeking whore she was. She was also clinically insane and died screaming like a punk too L O L

I'm glad she's dead.

Buttflustered englishman detected :DDDD

The first two games had the best art style too.

I can't hear you over the flames of heresy, mon cuckri.

Roman Catholicism is a Satanic crypto-pagan religion.

Popes are Antichrists and the RCC is Mystery Babylon, the Great Harlot.

youtube.com/watch?v=bXby75cye0Y

Please God have mercy

The AI was fucking retarded in this game, much worse even than Rome total war. Whenever one of my cities was besieged the enemy would build siege weapons and I would defend, but out of every fucking siege they only ever actually attacked with the siege weapons/towers/rams ONCE, every other time they'd drop ALL their equipment and just stare at me from outside the walls, always prompting me to leave the walls I suppose it was quite clever in that sense but if that was reality then they would have to be waiting a lot longer than that because the defenders would have no real reason to leave until supplies ran out but never actually using their kit except for the once.

Never encountered that in third age total war, but some of that AI retardation was definitely still present, like units getting caught up in other units during sieges so that there would be a massive clusterfuck of units clogging the streets that were supposed to be fighting but most of them would just be in a queue, unlike in Rome, where you wouldn't have to move entire units through theirs otherwise the entire squad would be tired before even half of them got into the fight.

shogun 2 the best new gen, wanted to like empire/napoleon, loved the premise but only redeeming feature for napoleon was the great war mod and empire's was it's maaaasssive map, warhammer total war is not a bad game but CA need to listen to their audience more. Total war was a huge part of my childhood and something I will never forget. Have a worthy bump.

Warhammer is pretty bad. Too streamlined and the campaign map is physically painful to play because of how bad it is.

For some reason this happens a lot in North Africa in Total War games, must be an AI quirk.

I remember playing Rome and Carthage had about three dozen navies and armies hugging the shores, most with nothing in them but a single unit or commander.

Haven't played any Total War since I stopped using Steam. I played mostly Empire and Napoleon. Never touched any of the games after that. I remember liking the game but getting annoyed at the community. It just wasn't pleasant to play after a while. I grinded Napoleon quite intensely when it came out and nobody could beat me. I switched to more competitive games. Fond memories, but I'll never play it again unless it gets released outside of Steam.

Rome total war will always be my favorite. this is what happens when you make scythed chariots panic when the enemy wont leave their city

I'm playing Holy Roman Empire and only turn 276 and still haven't defeated the Russians who I've been in a War with for over 250 years.

My lines are so far and over extended it's impossible to get troops that far out plus I have to fight the Tirimids

At least I got to massacre Mecca and blow up the cube

Nigga if the time ran out the attacker would lose. All you had to do was wait them out. If you attacked them of course they aren't going over to fight you behind those huge walls.

Besides the jewish it was bretty gud. Most people on Holla Forums hate it because of the jewish shit and that it can't be pirated yet.

I just reinstalled RTW with Invasio Barbarorom mod. When that warhammer mod for med2 finally gets updated it should be great.

She died going deus vult and brrrt at the bongs, she died doing what she loved. She died a virgin

I hate it because CA killed modding and GW killed WHFB. It's not pretty or bad, rather, like your taste it's fucking godawful.

She died being a crossdressing crazy person crying for god to spare her.

He didn't.

My sides have set sail for a crusade.

Best of goys

Godspeed. And hopefully by the time you're back you'll have new shitposting material.

No.

yes

I just started playing Medieval 2 a couple of days ago as England and am having fun so far. Is it worth going back to the first game? I remember hearing plenty of good things about Medieval 2 but was it a downgrade from Medieval 1 in some ways?

I don't advocate for the genocide of moors but would it be so bad if we just gave it chance? If anything it'd be the harmless spread of Crusading multiculturalism

Warhammer is great actually.

Not really if sufficiently modded; more traits, events, retinues and such. Other then that the map and the unit descriptions were arguably comfier and replacing casualties was less annoying.

That's goin' in the book, you fucking umgi.

I don't think Medieval 1 even runs on modern hardware at all.

Viking Invasion was pretty baller though.

Both the original and steam version work on modern systems but the steam version supports widescreen.

Rome Total War with the Roma Surrectum II mod is pretty cool, its amazing how much better it is than Rome 2…I still remember those 'revolutianary' ai videos with that guy lying through his teeth, and the Rome 2 music by some other composer that could make you want to go to sleep

now they have warhammer, aka something a modder could make…and they still haven't developed a new engine yet!

She had more balls than you

I would say Rome 1 is a downgrade from Medieval 1 and Medieval 2 is a slight upgrade from Rome 1. The AI is much smarter in Medieval 1 and units are more responsive in the sense that they won't get bugged all the time and gunpowder/pike units aren't completely broken. Unit cohesion behaves in a more believable way with routing units spreading out instead of staying in tight clumps all the time and you can dismount cavalry before offensive battles. I prefer the campaign map of MTW over M2TW too. Every unit in the game has a named officer with stats and traits that can be assigned titles like governor or chamberlain and the game has the most fleshed out civil war mechanics in the series with you even being able to pick which side of a civil war you want to fight for. You can also do stuff like betray allies mid battle.

Quality post, this.

My only urge to play it is because the free Warhammer Fantasy Battle mod, the fuck huge one, has compatibility problems. Not because it is in any way good.

In M2TW your units either drop their pikes instantly or they never drop them in mods for M2TW which means they're effective from all sides.

English, motherfucker, do you speak it?