Peak of gaming

These four consoles, and the PC era around that time was the peak of gaming. Do you agree Holla Forums?

As a bonus, here's a 6th gen hidden gem thread I made a while ago, if you have a backlog, prepare to make it bigger!

archive.is/Bgzse

It's been all downhill since 2001

Gamecube isn't a peak at all. It should be what the average is. It had a mix of good exclusives, good new IPs from nintendo, but it also had its share of shit games.

For me it's honestly hard to say. But I think despite the loads of good games that generation had OP, it was also the start of a lot of bad trends that ultimately resulted in the sharp decline of the generation after it.

Haha go back to Reddit

I see where you're coming from
and so forth however, that's where those trends were actually very well executed. You could argue that those trends we see today were only executed well during the 6th gen.

As far as having a massive collection of games on consoles goes, yes. In terms of handhelds, I'd say we're at the peak. The Vita and 3DS are backwards compatible and have loads of good games. If the Switch turns out to be good we might even see that peak continue.
As for PC gaming I can't say. Older games are great but time has brought us lots of great mods and fixes for those games.

OP's pretty gay, let's have an interesting console discussion. If you could name just one console that you could call the best, what would it be?
Hard Mode: No PC

PC.

SNES.

Atari 2600

Gameboy
PS2

I agree but almost everyone here agrees with that
Everyone who knows videogames
No need for a thread other than create the essential backlog of that generation, which would easily gather more than 100 tiltes

Wii U, as long as you hack it. Gamecube and Wii compatibility, fuckton of homebrew and emulators with a scene that's close to getting proper piracy and other cool stuff.

PS2, counting PS1 backwards-compatibility as well
N64
Wii

CECHA/CECHB model PS3.

Sega Genesis

A peak maybe but THE only one.
The era right around the time the NES was active was a hell of a time and not just for Nintendo. Not just for consoles and home computers either.
Will we ever see an age like that again?

Glad i am not the only one who is starting to hate it.

To answer your question, probably yes.
I had the best times with mega drive, game boy, PSone, PS2 and PSP, and thought it was always going to get better.
I was wrong, dead wrong.
To me online play and internet connectivity in general is what killed gaming.

The normalfag emphasis in team play instead of single player experience is what it killed the whole thing
Ironic now that i think of it, as games are most of the times played between at least 2 individuals

I'm also putting my hat in the ring for Wii U b/w piracy. Between that and a 3DS, you can play Nintendo's entire library (aside from the Virtual Boy) on either actual hardware or emulators made by the people in the best position to make said emulators. Granted Dolphin might be better since you don't have to drop the initial price of a Wii U on it, but if you don't have a decent PC already and find a cheap Wii U (they're not selling so I wouldn't be surprised if you find a cheap one) you can also play Bayonetta 1/2 and Wonderful 101 on it. And I guess good to decent Nintendo games like a Yoshi game that's actually good for the first time since Yoshi's Island.

OP is a millenial faggot. Dubs