ITT we discuss how to save this series. I will start

ITT we discuss how to save this series. I will start.
So that way you can do whatever you want with him (kill him, allow him to turn evil, ect) without having to retain the status quo for a sequel
That way the devs have as much freedom as they can. After all, there are so many plot holes from this series to the original that don't make sense.

What series? All i see is fanfiction based on a great game.

BETTER CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCE

MEMORABLE CHARACTERS

BETTER STORYLINE CENTERED ON CONSPIRACIES

THAT'S LITERALLY ALL YOU NEED TO MAKE A BETTER DEUS EX

I wish they just called it something besides Dues ex because it's a fun universe on it's own.

You can't. HR was already fucked up as a prequel to Dude Sex.

Lockpicks in og DX = worth their weight in gold
Lockpicks in a game PRIOR to DX = no such thing
Also they invented melee weapons only between HR and DX.

They need to do a Suikoden 3 and have multiple characters of different factions encounter each other over the course of the game, so instead of just being told what's going on, you witness it.

I don't think Jensen is holding the series down. They need to tone back the sci-fi angle, make the gameplay better(make stealth not broken, making shooting everyone viable, make other skills like hacking viable) and give it a "deepest lore" sense like the og, where they use real conspiracy theories and such.

Desu Ex prequels suffer from the same thing that Star Wars; the stuff happening in the prequels is much more higher tech than in the future. If there was a societal collapse and that was the reason for the comparatively low tech in the 1st DX, then you fucking play it out and show us the consequences, not this fucking "pick a color" bullshit at the end you NIGGERS.

But hacking/stealth/nonlethal is WAY TOO VIABLE compared to gunning down shit.

Except it made the ending to HR useless.
It also means Jensen can't join the "bad guy" because that would ruin him for a sequel.

And no one in og DX even mentions

Well I addressed lethal also being viable, and I mean more if you just focused on hacking, and nothing else. If you could just hack your way into places, and maybe steal an ID so no one is hostile to you it would be pretty cool. I liked in the director's cut of HR the bosses could pretty much all he killed just with hacking a turret or the like.

Just fucking download GMDX.

Too true.

You give me all these cool fucking weapons, from grenade launchers to miniguns, and yet if I use them I'm gimping myself out of xp, praxis, and skills. Fuck that noise.

Continuity errors are bound to happen, but just goes to show the guys at the helm of HR didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

You should still reward exploration with shit like candy bars in vents, but otherwise your list is pretty valid. Also shouldn't gunnin people down be the easiest and cheapest way to do things? Why is stealth so easy you can just hoard praxis and ammo and gunning down people you need shit tons of ammo and upgrade your health and armor all the time or get gangbangedmby the 12 guys with mini guns you just alerted.

BRILLIANT

I think the development team themselves didn't really know what they wanted out of the game. They knew the game needed stealth, so they crammed the game full of that shit. They knew that guns were also needed, but they didn't think about a lethal playthrough at all. Then the bosses come along and they're more like glorified NPC fights.

Art and graphics team had everything down, even story team to a degree, but the one's in charge of gameplay didn't know what the fuck they were doing.

It would have been fine if they'd just left off after HR. There was still room to move into the original DX plot, but Dude Sex: Man's Hind Divided fucked it all up.

I don't think it can be saved.

The team at eidos montreal was never really capable of handling deus ex. They don't seem to be aware that many of the technical advancements shown in deus ex illustrate a really clear divide between classes of people. It was never augs were forced on people and they needed to take drugs for them, they were mostly given to military class personnel and other specialized government personnel. The only people you see with them in the original are ex-unatco or active unatco agents and other people involved with high tech environments like tracer tong, page, etc. Even then, the technology was very grounded, Deus Ex had a much more modest perception of the future 40 years from now. It was mostly like how it is today, a few interesting terminals and glimpses of interesting technology, but rarely anything that didn't feel like it wasn't either an extension of existing technology or something that wasn't already feasible today. Like they took an approach of "we used these 50 years ago, we'll probably be using them 50 years from now." Instead of "dude blade runner lmao."

In the invisible war post mortem, Harvey Smith said it was important for the player to have that grounded feeling of crawling through an alley way, passing by an old newspaper you can glimpse at, hopping on top of a garbage can and using a fire escape to crawl over a chain link fence. I think that says more than enough about how the world works best. I get what Deus Ex 3 was going for, but it clearly missed the mark. It didn't approach the same topics or express them in such a way that hooks the player on a personal level. Deus Ex dropped tons of real world concepts and ideas people have actually thrown around and legitimized them in a fun and very interesting way.

The game play is another story, with both games being a bit of a mess, but the original definitely getting more right in that regard. In short I'd like to see more fun conspiracy theories that relate to real world events or extensions of real world events. That's the best shit about the original. The stuff that really hooks you and gives you a sense of place as to what's really going on in the game world.

but those aren't politically correct user

HEHE
YEAH
CONSPIRACY THEORIES
HEHE

Give it to a non-cucked team who actually understand the original.

never said they weren't true ;)

i no

Uh how about to not let SJWs work on it and make sure everyone played, and liked, the first. Too bad SJWs infect every stage of software development anymore so we won't get another good Deus Ex just a passable one. For the record DXMD was passable, it was fun enough to use it as a sneak game fix. Just ignore all story elements and sneak and you could have fun I mean.

You can't post anime on Holla Forums

QT

They'll probably be the first ones to succumb to ficki ficki barbarians.

I think they need to reboot the story (Or just make a different game) or else have a different perspective. By being prequels, they're too gimped in what story they can tell, it all feels inconsequential when you know the illuminati is still in power by the time DX comes around and so forth.

I do think they need to get rid of jensen as a protag because having to contrive a reason for him to lose his augs every time a new game starts is stupid. They should bring back melee weapons as well and take out the press q to win button.

Good luck Riot-tan.

GOOD LUCK RIOT-CHAN

Stop making shitty games with its brand
Let it die

Lmao that mountain sized redpill, too bad they didn't talk about the best allies.

How would they contain a huge neural network capable of emulating a human into a small human like body ?

Positronic brains.

They pretty much did in all but name, "wealthy bankers"

Here's how I'd fix it,
Don't make it Deus Ex, its been done and done well.

Do what Warren wanted from the get go and make a game based entirely around running the Illuminati. GOTY all years. $$$ Shekels!

How about "Drop it, don't make another game".
Problem solved.

ofcourse

Not sure how post-ironic brains are relevant to androids but ok

or just do what Vampire Bloodlines did and change the takedowns from an instant "I win" button to a system that can actually backfire making takedowns risky. You mainly only ever used them on impassable bosses, if you got the takedown awesome, if you didn't then the game progresses as usual.

Mankind Divided was balls to the wall retarded. The augmentation debate has more to do with the gun control debate and there could have been a story built around that with the restriction on augmentation and people being forced to use vastly inferior augmentations because of the restrictions that would have caused some friction.

You'll never find someone in the industry that is pro-gun or even neutral on the gun debate despite the industries love affair with murder sims. So instead we got

AUG LIVES MATTER POHLEESE BE RACIS AGAINST US AUGS WE DINDU NUFFIN EXCEPT MURDER 6 TRILLION PEOPLE AY YO WE WUZ AUGZZZZZZZ

It was dumb. Funny how it was all about doing a "mature" look at racism and still backfired as the lefty dregs still were unhappy. I feel the realistic backlash against the aug incident would be complete control and banning of augmentation technology. Which would mean a kind of aug underground movement, hiding from the law, living off the grid.

This would be good too. Or maybe even let time keep moving instead of pausing it.

Open source guys + small town people with guns, that would have been cool.
R U R A L P U N K
=Y E E H A W O U T L A W S ==

UUNNNGGHHH

Long post incoming:

1) Cut down on the augs and sci-fi crap. Make it mainly about conspiracies with accurate research and presentation for maximum immersion and believability.
2) Do not tie the games to each other directly, but subtly implied to be in the same universe.
3) No bloody ending-tron 9000, and no bloody every ending is canon shit. Have multiple endings, but only one is true canon ending. The other 10 maybe 20 endings means you got duped, sidetracked, came to a wrong conclusion or something along that line. Not all bad endings, but you will not solve the whole story this way. And make it really difficult or damn near impossible to make a walkthrough to story. Read, learn, clue-in, get smart. This is the story about conspiracies and the powers that be, faggot.
4) Rework the persuasion system entirely, no more simon says garbage. Instead have someone teach the players to look and read person like actually in real life, characters will drop subtle hints like body language when lying, getting anxious or so. Some characters are professional liars in their fields and will hide their tells really well, those will usually be a high profile target which you can do a profiling beforehand, reading pages of their biography, learning their secrets and those will eventually lead to their tells. Also exposing lies and expecting them to kowtow to you is retarded, they will either clam up, maybe their allies as well, or just shoot you or someone else that is critical to your mission. Do not recklessly expose your cards.
5) No more godforsaken GPS or quest tracker on the map to follow like a mindless drone, we are doing this old school. Learn from clues, investigate surrounding environments and elements and see if they coincides with your journal, you dummy.

kanker

Ross, stop shilling your shitty Game Dungeon videos in every single Deus Ex thread

New character
Maybe make it take place in a different country with times you can go back to where these game take place like Deus Ex 1
Wait about a decade before making another one.

I'd say to go with a new protagonist and use them to draw a lot of parallels with the original game, but have Adam in there as a central character later on in the story, once you join the resistance.
Have it set in the late 2030s, during the insurrection movements that they talk about as a sideshow in 1, 3 and 4. You play as one of these separatist soldiers in California, which is a ruined state after a bout of diseases which mainly affect augs have stretched the infrastructure to its breaking point. The diseases are prototypes for the Grey Death, like in MD. In the midst of all this chaos, the Illuminati are at the height of their power, but there's a power struggle at the top, and as you progress, you realise that both sides in the US conflict are being played by different Illuminati forces.
This presents the main debate of the game, drawing parallels with the real world political situation right now, because you can side with the OG Illuminati, which represents the establishment and its stability, but also repression, or what becomes MJ12 and have a change of direction, and new avenues being explored, or of course there's the rebels, who represent the fight against the Illuminati and the attempt to put humanity's destiny back in its own hands plus a super secret fuck the lot of you ending, which is the true ending and leads to the gutted world of DX.
Bring in more conspiracy theories. I want to see FEMA deathcamps for all the augmented citizens as a major (secret point of this civil war. Also, you could even show demon worship in the Illuminati, and have analogues of real world politicians being members.
I'd also really want more cities, I loved Prague because it was so intricate, but it was so sad to see no variety.
I'd want rural Cali (your home town) and LA as the main hubs, which you travel between on a Hyperloop.
There also has to be a China level, but make this China a heavy industry new city, everyone there is essentially enslaved by their augs, which are company owned. You need to show some downside to a world where superbadass technology exists.
A moonbase level would be amazing, too, especially since every game has hinted at moonbases. Like, maybe that's where the plot divides, you go there to kill whatever Illuminati faction, or blow it up.
We've got to see Australia, and how it's been ravaged by China and by civil war. Lots of megastructures, but also lots of favela style housing. Show us a massive divide between the elite who sold the country and the people who live there.

Gameplay wise, bring back the leaning mechanics, bring back light and shadow gameplay, have the augmentations physically change you (tank builds get beefy looking, stealth looks ottermode, black market looks hacked together). Really expand on the social bossfights, so say you find some dirt on the character, you can use that to pressure them, but if it's too well-known it fails, like if you called out that alcoholic AugLivesMatter guy, and he said "So what? Half the city knows".
Have a purpose for every weapon and consumable. What is the fucking point in stims and alcohol doing the same thing but one gives a blurry screen?
Bring back skills.