Not CPY crack related but thought you fuys would find this interesting since this is based on a japanese imageboard

Not CPY crack related but thought you fuys would find this interesting since this is based on a japanese imageboard

steamcommunity.com/games/429660/announcements/detail/690573973593834276

Tails of Berseria has been confirmed to use Denuvo

As developer wrote

There is also a burning question asked by our fans that we want to answer. Will Tales of Berseria have Denuvo on STEAM? The answer is yes.

We love the community: it is you guys that ensure that we continually bring more Tales games out, and to a high caliber. It wouldn’t be fair to you if we didn’t put any systems in place to prevent people who try to acquire the game through illegitimate means as it eventually will slow us down bringing games onto PC. Denuvo has been proven to be a reliable way to fight piracy. So far, no conclusive evidence is proven to disrupt the player experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/418370/
factorio.com/blog/post/fff-171
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what the fuck is a tales of berseria

Fuck off, weeb. Go suck nipcock somewhere else.

Thanks OP, I needed that.

Just fucking great.

indeed and the games that use it had show a unbelievable increase in sales, great examples are: Just Cause 3, I hate Tombs, Far Cry, God Eater and Deu sex.

Impressive

what are you even doing on Holla Forums?

What exactly is wrong in that sentence?

An RPG game by Namco

There goes another one off my list. Aaand checked them, for great justice.

once CPY cleans up all the games that need denuvo cracked which they are cracking faster than multiple developers releasing denuvo games, a daily lifespan of a denuvo game would be less than 2 weeks

As long as it works for the first couple weeks, I wouldn't be suprised if they get their investment back.
Only if CPY **or any other goup* manages to crack it within hours after the game comes out, publishers will abandon Denuvo.
But as long as you have a modicum of willpower and can wait, it'll be cracked eventually.

Or 1 day, like the case with all Arxan games

still waiting on those citations that can't be chalked up to just bad game optimization in general

actually now that i think of it has anyone grabbed some stats of doom performance before and after they removed denuvo, no? i guess that would be a smart thing to do

But piracy bad ! It's not our product being shit or anything ! Ban piracy ! Denuvo ! Always online ! Lawsuits ! Pour gorillion dollars into marketing and fuck the developers with crazy short release dates. What ? Why isn't this game selling ?
DAMN YOU PIRACY

obviously something is selling if more people are using denuvo and people already using it keep using it. im hearing less about those damn pirates and more that denuvo is a success since the first few weeks of release is where the lions share of profit is made which crackers haven't been able to get past. gone are days of games being leaked and cracked a week before release
for now at least, maybe one day someone will actually make a breakthrough on denuvo instead of the OCD technique CPY does

Best tactic would be to use Denuvo for the first month or two and then remove it.
Short term amd long term sales guarenteed.

You say that but the denuvo games haven't been anything really good. If anything people who would have pirated them before have lost interest. That's the effect it has on me and I've never seen the incredible figures as proof of it boosting anything.

Additionally you have to consider the DRM+Denuvo combo. Uplay+denuvo, origin+denuvo, steam, arc etc.
It's becoming like those asian mmos that you have to start 4 programs, before you get to the game.This is a useless drain on any system and bothersome to use.

Redpill me on this Holla Forums
How does denuvo affect the buyer as a negative externality?

Guess I'm buying the PS4 version used if I ever play it at all then. Namco's being even more shit than usual.

As a white genocide executable made by the jew and the italians to reconquer a new world order akin to the meieval tiem, but instead of earthy shekels this is digital shekels, with rate itnerestz

Anti tamper means its harder for fan mods, decreases performance due to file encryption and being a third party program (just like Steam), and its made by the kikes who used to work for the kikes at Sony who developed SecuRom so you're directly funding more DRM.

ok

Its as reliable as the War on Drugs is to stop drug trafficking.

Thanks.

It's just a shame that gamers have no self-control and will rent this on Steam anyway. This will only end when everyone stops supporting it.

What the fuck, I used that shitty flag once for one post one time and it keeps trying to switch back to it. That's not the brand of snark I was going for just now, but this remains the fault of everyone who keeps financially supporting Denuvo.

They've managed to crack 8 from 38 games released with denuvo this year, its usually around 2 months between each crack release.

I don't think it's that big of a surprise after Namco-Bandai had laced their Steam release of God-Eater with Denuvo, but thanks for keeping us posted anyway, user.

Also, fuck Denuvo.

Fixed.

Ignore him. Pirates are fucking delusional and dont think that piracy is on the way out.

Anti-piracy shills are not welcome here.

Im not shilling, im just telling you how it is. The fact is that less and less games are getting cracked. Pirates will try and use excuses like
But this is also a fallacy, because last gen every shitty game got cracked.
I wont lie to you, piracy is dying

Good thing video games in general are on life support.

The EA of Japan.

Piracy is fading, but it will certainly not die anytime soon
There's plenty of factors, groups being bought out (the chinks in 3DM), very few games to crack to begin with, a tough software that is Denuvo and the "easy accesibility" with Steam as in not going to a store to buy something out, taking out an excuse that was used for some people, and that they believed in
All small doses that sum a sizeable chunk in the end, but piracy will not die

Piracy is on its way out? Okay. All hail the new age of mystery box purchases. No refunds, that's piracy. Games are now padded extra in the beginning to make sure you don't have enough time to refund them.
But why stop there? Why not make it mandatory for me to buy all the new vidya and movies, so that I don't get fired for having nothing to talk about at the office water cooler? Why not just automatically upload the game to my PC and take the money from my bank? Why not play it for me and let me watch while at it, for my own good? Why not just have me watch a let's play while mining bitcoins on my PC? How about we just tax everyone and use that to finance video game production?

Not a single Denuvo game had good sales and devs still had to pay for the DRM and their games are STILL getting cracked by russians

kill yourself

Meh the fanbase of Tales series is on Playstation anyway. Wasn't expecting a lot of full price day one sales on Steam.
Now it'll be even less.

Actually that's literally Steam. You can't walk into a store anonymously and buy a game, go home and play offline on PC.

Fuck off

The irony
Cuckchan please go

Well, those numbers don't lie. People in the general bought SFV even though it was shit. At least I didn't buy it.

I love how he words it like they're doing a favor to the legitimate customers by putting denuvo on it, like somehow they're even impacted by pirates. Also if it's a reliable way to combat piracy, then I'm sure that means a significant increase to sales right?

Isint that one group cracking Duenvo games left and right?

They're getting cracked, but slowly and I think that's the main point of it, to slow down piracy. Also there are still less popular games that were released a while ago that haven't been cracked yet.

Still to me it almost seems like the publishers shooting themselves in the foot with denuvo, where they won't have a convenient scape goat for when their shitty games don't sell, since i'm pretty sure tomb raider watch dogs 2 and others have had pretty lack lustre sales.

I like stealing games. I don't like weebshit jrpg trash though so I don't really care if it has denuvo.

That's exactly it. The opening weeks are the most important. After that, they don't care as much.

the low sales are just because games don't really sell well on PC outside of a handful of exceptions.

Ftfy

Yes goyim, Denuvo games not being cracked has nothing to do with the fact that people don't want them at all.

Guess i'm not pirating that.

Now to see if RE7 is using Denuvo.

it does
store.steampowered.com/app/418370/

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Denuvo Antitamper
5 different PC within a day machine activation limit

FOR FUCKS SAKE

They can't be serious. No fucking way.

There goes the chance of easily fixing the censorship… At the very least the original JP theme, BURN, is in, so that's one less mod to do once it's inevitably cracked.

There is no easy way to fix it. Uncensor patches (especially if you BUY THE GAME) are like putting a bandaid on an enormous, festering abdominal wound.

No, the path to fixing this shit is long and hard, because it involves you NOT BUYING THE GAMES. You and everyone else, no matter what. No "but next time maybe they'll…", no "but if I don't buy it, they'll never make another!".
Until people fight, until people are willing to accept that pain and frustration, you can't fix shit.

Retard detected.

I guess I will buy it for ps4

Oh boy, I can't wait for them to force Denuvo into Tekken 7.

Xillia 2 was dogshit, and I bought that. I learned from that experience, and despite some misgivings I pirated Zestiria. It was dogshit beyond dogshit.

I've been burned twice now, and at this moment is when they announce Berseria will have Denuvo? On top of the combat being a slightly improved version of Zestiria's (which was poop), it's like they're trying to go even further beyond dogshit at this point.

There are other, probably better weeb game ports coming out on PC pretty soon so until they release an official uncensor patch I'll just skip it.

Not sure if you think it's a principle thing or something, but if it is - no, most PC gamers don't care about DRM.

Right, and denuvo games still sell like shit. That's my point. Denuvo has less to do with it being difficult to crack, and more to do with nobody giving a fuck about it.

I've heard this mentioned a few times, but is there actually any proof? It seems to always just be taken as a given, but I haven't seen any examples of it.

the sales were actually pretty typical for PC games. Doom got most of its sales before it was cracked in December. It had about 1.3m sales before it was cracked, but shot to nearly 2m sales once it went on sale. If anything PC gamers just don't buy expensive games for the most part.

there are no examples. There's also the "it kills your SSDs" lie.

Where did you get your numbers?

Rule of denuvo being attached to garbage only seems still to be followed without a fail.

waste of trips tbh

trips don't lie about your poverty

I can try and name one.

i'm not poor because i steal everything i can which saves me a lot of money

oh yeah? thats cool.

i like stealing games. i dont have to cloak myself in faggy justifications to feel better about it.

I dont think you know what that word means.

i dont think english is your first language

If it is yours then its all the more embarrasing for you.

Oh I didn't know that when I pirate a game that it gets removed from the devs own pc?
Try again retard.

its illegal where i live so its stealing. i dont care about the hoops you niggers jump through to call it something else. if i want a game then i steal it. fuck all that self righteous shit you niggers preach.

Well now you do. Be more considerate in the future.

being illegal doesnt make it stealing. following the definition of stealing makes it stealing

there is that fag shit again. i got no shame about stealing the games. why you guys need to hem and haw about it is beyond me.

no thats fine. i dont understand why people get so offended when its implied theyve taken something without permission when thats exactly what theyve done.

Most PC gamers don't really buy a lot of games at full price anymore.

There are also not a lot of PC exclusives left.

There might be a correlation.

The point was the guys is like an SJW and is trying to come up with his own meaning for words since apparently calling it piracy isn't hardcore enough so he has to call it stealing.
Piracy allready has a word for it. It's fucking piracy not stealing.
It's stealing if I take a videogame disc from a shop but not when I pirate it.

Fixed.

it really chaps your ass when someone doesnt cosign with your weak sister "its not really stealing man" act and just straight up says they stole that shit. stay bum befuddled m8.

no, pick up a dictionary some time

You can't steal a game unless it was downloaded without the consent of the physical owner of the media. In the case of almost 100% of cases of piracy, it's illegal sharing, not stealing.

ah so as long as someone else gives you permission to steal it, it isnt stealing
youre retarded

I looked it up and it's a fucking generic jrpg with terrible graphics and final fantasy rejects as a characters. I mean look at this.
It seems like denuvo is still being exclusive to shit cashgrabs, which is nice as no good games were yet harmed.

welp looks like im gonna wait for cpy.
have all these steam bucks sitting around was gonna waste it on some upcoming weeb game guess it still be sitting around there for a while

What the fuck is this? The only character designs that look normal the blonde guy in the back and the little kid in the front (save whatever fucking collar he's wearing). Are these in-game costumes or something?

One of these is not like the other.

also what i don't get is why make a prequel to Zestiria.

I just googled the name and it's one of screenshots that came up. Yes they look like that on all of them.
Gameplay is mash buttons to see huge fucking sparkles and damage numbers all over the place too. I'm a huge fucking weeb and I still think this is garbage.

now that games are actually cracked and not just "bypassed", the proof is in the benchmarks
I tested MGSV both with and without Denuvo and the difference was

It's a huge bottleneck and it will mean the difference between running a game flawlessly and not. On top of that, Denuvo requires frequent online authentication so if you're without internet or their servers go down (and they will go down eventually) you can no longer play your legally purchased game. As other anons said, it also blocks modding. Anyone who defends DRM, much less DRM from the people who created SecuROM, is a cancerous retard.

Your underage is showing

Well I'm sorry I'm not thirsty for generic jrpgs when I'm already sick of Final Fantasies and Megatenses and this shit is not looking any better.
I think I played some Tales Of game with sprites that had real time side-scrolling combat, but it was so inferior to Summon Night Swordcraft Story 1 and 2, I dropped it in 30 minutes.

That's every Tales of game ever, they have no depth. Bamco makes money off of merchandise.

Well, in the Tales universe, apparently, knights dress up like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, and military personnel of the most militaristic nation in the world dress in leg-lenght boots. It's par for the course.

What do you mean, you can't steal data? Russians just stole the election! That's preposterous! Stop pirating, you bad shabbos goyim!

if only you could steal some brain cells

know what they call plagiarism in writing? ill give you a hint, it's not referred to as copying

Don't support censorship, guiz.

Yeah, they call it plagiarism you twit.

The funny thing about this is that they consider "90 days between release and cracked" to be the metric for "this prevented piracy." They think very short-term for what has long-term ramifications. If I know a game has Denuvo in it, I won't buy it. I don't even want to download this shit anyway, but the fact of the matter is, we keep seeing these publishers/developers saying canned messages about "m-muh piracy problems" but the fact of the matter is, Denuvo is hurting their sales more than not having it. People who otherwise might pick it up on sale, or pick it up after they download it and try it, won't even pick it up at all because Denuvo.

It's like Securom or Stardock, no one wants that shit on their computer.

You know what Denuvo brought?
Popularity to sites like G2A
Yeah see those pirates that are too impatient to wait for the crack? They are gonna buy the game from G2A for cheap.
And we all know G2A sells stolen games and that hurts the developers more than their game being pirated

Please don't tell me that not-milla Maxwell rip off waifu pandering is the cover of the game

Citation needed.

Not-Milla is a semen demon tbh, but the cast looks extremely week and forgettable outside the smug mage with a belt made of booksa and velvet

Best girl and best artes. (2:55 for Mystic artes)

What the hell? It seems the video just died all of a sudden. Great timing…

factorio.com/blog/post/fff-171

Grey market

Jaywalking and homocide are illegal, are they stealing?

Denuvo and Coproration defenders make me sick

I already played the damn thing and they ARE as bland as they look, it's a very forgettable and mediocre game that does nothing really wrong but also does not exceed in anything, you can play and have fun but you will forget about t in a few hours after ending it. Story, Combat and gameplay is miles better than Zestiria, which is not a great achievement, but the OST is so damn boring and mediocre compared to Zestiria, not to mention the absurd amount of reused assets.

also stealing

so it seems i have a bit of extra time to finish zesteria until this one is cracked

never ever

Demand is a rather large influence on when something gets cracked. nuDoom wasn't cracked cause the Chinese didn't care enough to break out their temporary break. This also proved piracy has the opposite or no effect on overall sales, Bethesda had to keep an indefinite demo just to get more people to buy the game.

daily reminder ufotable fucked up again

What does anime have to do with this?

ufotable animates the cutscenes

only because there aren't any games even worth pirating