Devil May Cry

Why haven't you embraced the crazy yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry3/mods/1/
s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/4741216/1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll embrace it when they finish DMC4

Hell yes, Nevan is the best support weapon

And there are still people who claim DMC4 is better than this.

I'm pretty crazy and hip and cool.

I play Sengoku Basara.

smh tbh

Can't switch styles on the fly in DMC3

Bayonetta DMC crossover when?

Should I emulate DMC1 or get the HD-collection?
Heard the latter could freeze during cutscenes.

I just wish DMC4 had ever actually been finished. The scraps we've got are fantastic.

I'm excited for the DMC5/DMCxBayo rumors floating around but I just hope it gets fucking finished instead of being farted out as a beta just so Capcom wants shekels now.

nexusmods.com/devilmaycry3/mods/1/

You still can't switch styles on the fly in DMC3.

The DLC unlocker for the free version doesn't work yet.

I got tired of the "cuhrayzee" community and left. Then went to play other games.

how about you go to write in other threads then

I already do.
OP asked
and I responded.

Checked, but they didn't ride on DmC hate for it. There's a Donte costume in DMC4SE after all. There's a whole lot of speculation and sensationalism regarding DMC; it also was not the case that a future classic DMC game relied on DMC4SE sales.

Let me guess, you can only buy that costume and not unlock it through gameplay?

No. You beat a certain difficulty setting, but I don't know the exact conditions since I don't actually have the game.

On Son of Sparda or higher complete the credits secret ending requirement.

I don't like this game, needs less gay swords and guns and more punching and kicking nuts.

then just play God Hand it's pretty much the same with more down to the ground attacks and no jumping

I'm not buying the same game twice.

I know nigger, God Hand is my favorite game i was just jokin.

Don't forget that 4SE's implementation of Vergil takes a good deal from DmC's Vergil, kind of a best-of between DMC3 and DmC.

I bought this game in fucking 2007 and I didn't know this until now.

Can't use all of DMC3's cool weapons and can't play the whole game as Dante. 4's also considerably easier than 3

Why is Virgil dancing with a vampire?

DMC1 emulates fine except for some issues with the HUD in hardware mode. Never personally had any problems with the HD Collection

I still havent finished 1
i liked it when i played a year ago and i want to play the rest though, but im too lazy
help

I don't even embrace my mom.

I only enjoy the boss battles, everything else is excruciatingly boring. Why the hell isn't there a hack n slash Boss Rush game?

It's like three hours long, how did you not finish it?

go make one yourself

Fucking DMC4 vergil I swear to god.

It's a fucking nightmare to fight that aoe spamming cunt Belial as vergil. All my skills are close combat and I cannot dodge while in the air, so as soon as that cunt starts doing his little animation I have no choice but either devil trigger away and waste my magic or take it.

you only need more motivation

I miss being able to teleport backwards or upwards like on DMC 3

I never knew that Devil May Cry 3 had a Dragon Ball Z level.

Are you sure? Maybe it's just been a while since I played DMC4 Virgil but you should be able to use your summoned swords and teleport

Summoned swords do piss damage in comparison to Nero and Dante's guns. And not to mention they're stupidly slow.

Seriously though, something with these great mechanics and lots of complicated bosses one after another with nothing but corridors for upgrading and refilling inbetween would be the shit.

Speaking of which. Doesn't DMC3 have a level that is exclusively a boss rush mode?

Yeah, Mission 19

You can nearly kill him in one hit off a frame perfect charged DT uppercut as well as everything else in the game. I don't know of a risk-free way to fight him conventionally either.

Sounds like you're approaching summoned swords with the wrong mindset.

3 is objectively superior to 4 in every way conceivable
The only thing DMC4 has going for it is worthless marginally better graphics and muh nostalgia characters in SE. It's one huge downgrade and a disgrace of a sequel. It only looks good by comparison to DmC, which is a fucking joke.
DMC3SE was a mistake

Used to binge watch this guy's DMC4SE combo videos, he's stupidly good. I've had DMC4 since release and I still don't know how you do that thing where he flies around with Dante by switching between Royal Guard and Trickster (I think).

Blistering Swords and Storm Swords are good against Berial, they take off a good chunk of his health and make him flinch whenever you use them.

"Marginally better graphics" is a pretty huge understatement and 4 unquestionably has a better camera than 3. It's inferior but you don't have to overstate the case.

You don't like Vergil?

Forgot to mention, it was because of this video in particular that I learned you can deflect Credo's spears by attacking them at the right time. Stuff like that and being able to reflect Lady's rockets like in is the kind of stuff that sets DMC3&4 apart in how creative they allow the player to be compared to other games in the genre, I think, little extra things that you can do if you're feeling ballsy.

Vergil is one of the best antagonists/rivals/bosses in video game history, if not THE best one.
Making him to be controlled by player undermined that status as well as demonstrated just how shallow his pool of abilities really are compared to Dante's. Something you wouldn't notice fighting against him, since he evolves between fights just as you do.
Also Jester fights are shit, difficulty is casualized, easy is now normal lol, while in the original to even unlock easy you needed to be defeated a few times in a row. And one shitty new costume that actually does nothing new.

Normal was brought down but even at DMC3SE's level it's head and shoulders above DMC1 and 4 as far as difficulty is concerned, and I don't think DMD was affected. You still have to unlock easy by being shit at the game in SE

No argument there

Forgot to mention the biggest issues with DMC3SE - buy the same shit twice mentality.
Fucking kusoge that is Musou series sold Extreme Legends expansions at a smaller price that could be appended to base game, but crapcom charged full price for something even smaller than that.

What a load of shit. Can you explain why you think this?

DMD in SE is the same as it was in DMC3 vanilla. All they did was add the Japanese easy to the game and rename western easy to normal, normal to hard, hard to very hard.

I played all the games.
yes…even THAT one.

DmC broke me a little bit.

this thread has made me feel shit at cuhrayzee games.
what's you craziest moment?

For me it's either the time I got Wrath of the raging demon as Virgil finishing with a Judgement Cut in front of a friend, the Bladewolf fight using Jet Stream Sam in MGR:R or beating Genshin and Elizebet first time in Ninja Gaiden 2

my craziest moment is when I was playing DmC and I was way far into the game, about 2/3 the way into the entire game.
I had about 3/4ths a bottle of Gentelman's Jack in my system and I was playing on the hardest setting you can play that game out of the box.

I got SSS rankings while playing one handed, the other hand helping me sip more of that alcohol, and I was paying attention to a stream chat.

So yeah..the game was shit.

Won't ever git gud, and I don't have the time nor skill to do SSS-rank major league bullshit to enemies that'd kill me in one hit, so I just play to survive then move on.

That said, I've probably replayed Bayonetta 1 the most out of the crazy stuff. I own DMC4 3 times over, but just can't bring myself to play it. It's not fun after a certain point.

To be honest I prefer playing as the Not Dante more than Dante in DMC4.
I like his sword and how he air juggles and the giant hand mechanic.

I prefer God Hand. Why play an inferior game?

When you fight against AI controlled Vergil he feels as strong as Dante, if not stronger, giving you the feeling of even rivalry fight.
When you play as him you get to realize that he hasn't even the half of Dante's options and versatility, and AI was just cheap bastard. And his only style is basically tweaked trickster, the least impressive of dante's styles.
Playable Vergil ruined his image of worthy rival.

That's why I said "I think", I have played both but I'm not an expert on DMC3. Good to have confirmation.

I think he said, smaller moveset

Nero's fine but his grab moves are a pretty cheap way to score massive damage on bosses. Only time I really, really like the grab moves was grabbing Agnus' swords and throwing them back at him, and you can parry them as Dante anyway.

It's not as though it was a perfect mirror match to begin with, they gave Vergil the advantage by allowing him to damage you while you're in Devil Trigger

I never really saw it like that. Vergil is a lot more limited as far as his moveset goes but the quality of it always felt a lot better to me. Rapid Slash is much better than stinger for example. What I took from that was that where Dante has variety, Vergil has efficiency. And even in the boss fights I'd say that holds true.

Bingo, they're intended to be two sides of the same coin. Vergil's moveset is intended to be simple, efficient, and capable in a decent variety of situations while Dante's allows him to do a hell of a lot more in comparison but not as powerfully.

Also Vergil gets that style-meter boost if you let him sheathe his sword after attacks, so he gets some points from me because I love iai.

This is untrue for every enemy, except for the Hells, Vanguard, and Enigma. The Fallen is a cheap annoyance to fight, Soul Eaters are nothing more than "turn away first, then kill", and Dullahans are flying level hazards rather than enemies. While the Blitz is the closest 4 has to a miniboss like 3's Vanguard, it's still a unique and interesting enemy in its own right.
That's more of a Kaneko thing specifically, who only designed them in return for Atlus putting DMC2 Dante in Nocturne.
That can be simply written off as Dante becoming powerful enough that the magic provided by Devil Arms no longer alter his form, and that the only remaining reason he uses them is because he likes messing around with his Jackie Chan levels of cognitive control of just about any weapon he picks up. It is nice though that Dante has more than just cosmetic differences when using DT with 3's weapons, such as Cerberus letting him move faster and Nevan having Air Raid. In turn however, Dante has DT Distortion, which itself is more interesting as a mechanic than what generally amounts to a stat boost or a single DT-exclusive move.
This is flat out subjective, though the boss themes in 3 are more distinct than 4's.
It may be a matter of hardware differences(Especially with DMC3 being on the PS2), but overall DMC4 looks rather crisp and clear compared to 3, leaving art style to be the only concern.

Genreally DMC3 is a better package than 4, but you come off as though you get off on it being better than 4.

That sounds more like hiding an illusion than anything else. In fact, it wasn't even really an illusion, since Vergils 2 and 3 were pretty much blatantly worse than the first boss fight as far as being an actual rival goes, since his DT is flat out better than Dante's on account of having stronger health regeneration(when he also already had more health than the maximum you can get), and when his DT has periods of him attacking you in ways that don't resemble being anything like a peer of Dante's other than that he wasn't designed to attack that way forever simply because it would just be stupid.

I know it's you, Stopsign. Only you would wank about Vergil's boss fights like this and arbitrarily bring up musou games, why don't you go back to halfchan's /cgg/?

I have zero fucking idea dude, I only visit Holla Forums

Jesus christ you're a huge faggot.

I suppose this is old news by now but Itsuno wants to announce a new game this year.

Devil May Dance will be announced at this year's E3

Not necessarily DMC5, Itsuno's worked on a lot of stuff

Would have been better if I had remembered the attachment

Even if it's not DMC it's bound to be good.

Seeing as Scalebound is cancelled meaning Kamiya is free now, don't be surprised if it is DMC5

I'd be very interested to see how Kamiya would approach DMC now that it's been in Itsuno's hands for the past 14 years. If we got the bayo dmc crossover out of Scalebound's cancellation I'd lose my shit.

Hopefully if that happens we don't get another FExSMT

I'd be extremely surprised since Kamiya hasn't been involved in forever. That said I do have a soft spot for DMC1 and Bayonetta, and especially for W101

I imagine Kamiya would be the one handling the Platinum/Bayo side of things and Itsuno the Capcom/DMC side. Kamiya would probably be told to piss up a rope if he were to try and orchestrate the whole project when DMC's been Itsuno's franchise for far longer than it has been Kamiya's.

I don't think Kamiya would do that, though he probably would suggest things bit not try and run it

DMC4 has better base combat but DMC3 has better near-everything else and is more refined with what it's got, if DMC4 had actually been completed I bet it would've whipped DMC3's ass easy

In what sense?

I greatly prefer its general "flow" of things over DMC3's as well as Dante's ability to switch styles or Nero's Devil Bringer giving him something unique even if it's pretty much a "free damage" button in most cases, but anything past that DMC3 beats it hands down. Crazy Combos being missing, enemies being clearly designed around Nero rather than Dante, Nero having just the one weapon-set, Pandora and Lucifer being Dante's only truly original weapons this time around, the list goes on.

"If DMC4 had been finished" is one hell of an "if" and I realize that, though. There's no telling what the final product would've been when what we've got is maybe 1/4th to 1/2 of the total.

The only little thing DMC4 got as an improvement is style switch button, that you can since then have in DMC3 as well.
Everything else is inferior.
Only casuals and graphic whores can possibly prefer DMC4 to 3.

I fucking dunno, if existing game is any indication, it would be just 2x more shit content.

The only real problems it has is a lack of content in terms of the story and Nero not having more weapons/styles/some more gimmicks.

The boss fights in 4 are fantastic (Not including savior statue), especially Credo.is so much fucking fun to fight, it fixed the camera problems of 3 for the most part, added style switching on the fly.

4 is still a really fucking good game you massive faggot

Top lel.
As I said - fucking casuals.

Way to downplay, I doubt there'd have been anywhere near as much demand for such a feature to be in DMC3 if DMC4 hadn't introduced and popularized it long beforehand. That's one hell of a big improvement over DMC3 that gave Dante an absolute metric fuckton of new ways to play and new opportunities to get even flashier with your bad self by switching between styles as you please, rather than being bound to one style for the mission's duration.

And then DMC3 with style switch shits all over 4.
I guess that kinda justifies its existence.

Honestly I consider DMC3's Style Switcher more of a novelty or the mod it is than anything else as it makes DMC3 suffer from some of DMC4's problems, and as a result I consider the stuff like added Xinput support or fixing the music to be more beneficial. Enemies aren't designed around Dante whatsoever in DMC4 but enemies aren't designed around having more than one style available at a time in DMC3, and even on higher difficulties a great deal of the game becomes easy when you can shuffle over with Trickster and immediately start laying into them with Swordmaster and then keep the pain going with Gunslinger stuff. With either game you're completely crushing things playing as Dante, in 3 because you're not supposed to be able to shit that much power out at a time and in 4 because enemies are designed around Nero.

Blasphemy!

Funny enough the color-scheme looks pretty decent enough on Dante himself, it's just Donte's crack-dealer look that's the problem.

It's like real life, if you yourself don't look like shit you can wear anything and still not look like shit.
If you're ugly, no matter what you wear you'll be a laughing stock.

Nero was a mistake tbqh.

He might as well have been, apparently in canon his mom was a prostitute Vergil knocked up

Getting every single kind of buster attack against Echidna while doing the boss rush on Legendary Dark Knight.

I didn't know you could do it when she rushes towards you.

Casuals threw a bitchfit over Berial when DMC4 first came out, you're really overestimating how popular it is amongst casuals.

This.

Probably beating Alraune without getting hit in Bayonetta 2. I wanted to say something from TW101, but I can't think of one.

what's best way to avoid Berial's big explosion attack as Virgil?
With lady all I had to was throw grenades.

Go DT then keep jumping and teleporting backwards.

>All the soundtracks of the games Including DmC
It doesn't really sound that bad.

How well does 1-3 emulate? I hear 4's pc port runs perfectly fine so i'm not worried about that.

1 emulates fine, 2 is skippable but probably emulates fine, 3 emulates fine and has a hit-and-miss PC port which Style Switcher fixes up a bit. From what I remember 4 was designed to work on the PC in the first place, it's probably one of the most well-optimized PC releases of any game that I can think of.

Emulate 3 with style switcher.

They emulate fine.
You should play 3 on the PC though for the style switcher.
4 is perfect on the PC

What makes 2 skippable? Plot holes up the ass?

It doesn't have any actually.
It's just a bad game and is chronologically the last. You don't miss anything story wise.

Who the fuck does these things? It's as if the game is being played by the will of cuhrayzee itself.

Bad game. Just the one weapon, only new weapons Dante gets are guns. Piss-easy and chronologically the last.

Not to mention, he's just so boring in that one. He acts like he's in an action movie, but unlike Dante as usual, he doesn't seem quite so aware of it. Most uncrazy.

let's not forget how easy it is.
The fights go on forever and the enemies have too much health and do nothing.

the last boss is all the previous bosses faces

To me the perfect DMC would be the gameplay of DMC3 (plus style swap on the go) with the atmosphere of the first one, who felt more like gothic/horror than anime-ish.
(Trish and Lady playable)
anyone feel the same?

It's called Flying Guard and it's relatively hard. I'd only recommend you trying it if you're marginally decent at the game because it's just a movement mechanic, you still need to be able to perform decent combos to take advantage of it.

Use the DMC4 Debug mod and slow the game down, then gradually increase the speed as you master the mechanic

I'd agree for the most part but DMC really needs to improve level desing and world traversal mechanics as a way of having contrast for the combat and maybe bring back the light puzzles.

The DMC series has this problem where the mechanics for combat don't mesh well with moving around the enviorement, is like you're playing 2 different games. DmC tried to alleviate this by improving air time for platforming and in turn made the combat more "floaty" and "easy", but they didn't capitalize on this, the only time you see the potential of the improved platforming is on the Extreme Traversal Mission.

The new DMC could either have Dante switch between 2 control styles, one for combat and one for traversal or rework the entire control system.

They also need to avoid adding too many combat moves because you run into the issue of having to map all of that on a controller. You can see this to some extent in DMC4, you could add extra moves to some weapons and you're still cool but add more weapons and styles for Dante and you can see how it could become a problem. Again DmC tried to alleviate this by giving you 8 weapons on the fly but it killed styles and you can't charge guns and use Angel/Devil Pull at the same time.

Another thing is actually adding more modes like Boss Rush, Training and add comprehensive tutorials for individual mechanics, maybe as challenge modes.

I could go on and on. But DMC as a series needs to improve in many areas if it wants to stay relevant and keep its cuhrayzee crown.

Almost bought the physical HD collection on amazon but then I found out it goes down to 5 dollars during psn sales so I guess I will wait.

And also NO NERO, for fuck's sake.

Fucking Implying

Sorry that's wrong but since you didn't play the game it no big.
In order to unlock the Ex costumes (that's what the palette swaps are called.) you need to meet certain qualifications during the playable end credits

For Dante and Nero you just need to run out the timer
For Vergil, Lady and Trish you need to kill at least 20 demons
Lady and Trish you need to do individually who you play as during the credits is decided by the rank you got for mission 20.

You can do that with the taunt?

I already own DMC 4 on steam, and when they released DMC 4 SE, I was a little ticked, but I guess it adds new content and stuff?

So what should I do, should I buy DMC 3 SE or DMC 4 SE, keeping in mind that I own DMC 4 already?

DMC4SE adds some shitty graphical effects you can turn off with a mod, and adds a Vergil campaign, and a Lady/Trish campaign, neither of which have story scenes, so no Lady taunting Berial, or Trish taunting whatever the scientist guy is. They're both pretty fun to play, but make sure you get it on sale or pirate it.

DMC3SE on PC is very poorly ported. Most people just emulate the ps2 version. The style switcher mod apparently fixes the issue the official port has though. I'd reccomend getting 3 over 4 any day.

Pirate both

DMc4SE adds Vergil who goes through both Nero and Dante's campaigns and Lady/Trish who go through Nero and Dante's campaigns respectively. Honestly I only really pay Vergil any attention because Trish strikes me as a Round Trip-focused Swordmaster style (and for some reason she has Pandora), Lady's by far the more interesting of the two but she's also awkward and more or less a squishier Gunslinger Dante with DMC3's Kalina Ann.

I can back up what 35096b says about the game not having story cutscenes, Vergil and Lady/Trish have game-opening cutscenes but nothing else besides stuff like Vergil's exasperated taunt being used when a red wall is set up and some demons are popping out.

DMC3SE meanwhile adds Vergil over the base game as well as a couple difficulty modes, and nowadays you can get that Style Switcher mod to make the game look a great deal prettier, fix up the music, and add Xinput support. You can turn off the actual DMC4 style-switcher part of the mod so you just get the base game improvements, depending on your tastes; it makes the game significantly easier because of how much more powerful style abilities are when you're not supposed to be switching between them at your leisure.

I helped CREATE the crazy on Holla Forums.
And i regret it every day.
Take a look at the "cuhrayzee" general on /vg/ and weep over what it has become since the early Holla Forums days.

I've been trying to discuss these games mechanically for years but i've given up at this point.
We can have some sporadic threads here and there on Holla Forums and they're ok but the MOMENT any of these threads becomes a recurring general it's all going to go to fucking shit.

But these threads give me nothing because i've discussed every single fucking thing in them at least two million times over and over.
The discussion must be opened up to the entire genre, except if you do that it creates crazy infighting, so that's a mistake too.
I've tried every possible permutation to discuss these games and every single one ended in disaster, so i've just given up at this point.

Just play the games, fuck any kind of community built around them.

I really enjoyed GodHand (its pretty much my favorite game) so i thought about giving this series a chance, is this any good? Cuz its selling for 20 bucks near me.

Yeah it's fine.
DMC3 in this version has a bug regarding Beowulf but 99.9% of players won't ever run into it.
It's been years so i don't remember the details but involves a specific combo that wasn't even useful to begin with.
Btw talking about the PS3 version, no idea if the 360 version is fucked in some way, after the whole ZOE HD debacle i'll always be wary of 360 HD ports.

DMC1 isn't as good as the later ones, and definitely shows its origins as a Resident Evil game, but it works well to break up the gameplay and is still a good game. 2 focuses too much on the pistols, there's only one melee weapon per character with a longer range, lower damage, and shorter range, higher damage variant. 3 is where it gets its focus as an action game, with 4 expanding on what 3 does, although the second half of the game is the first half backwards with a different character.

The second half comment is about 4, not 3. 3 is one character, different levels all the way through.

1 is the DooM of stylish action/3D beat em ups/cuhrayzee, 2 is complete trash and 3 is the pinnacle of the genre.

1 is OK but unpolished, 2 stinks, 3 is fantastic and the best overall entry, 4 improves on 3 in some ways but is very obviously unfinished. $20 isn't a bad price for that.

I'm picking it up then, guess i'll just skip 2.

It's a great game but it's just not my style.

Do you not have all of Vergil's moves? Beacuse Vergil is the most broken character in the game.
This Webm is on Dante Must Die.

I'm suffering through DMD with Vergil and Lady/Trish. I prefer Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden but I lost my coppies of Bayo 1, NG 2 and 3RE so finishing my runs of those on Climax and Master has to wait for a bit.

WTF just because it can change style dante is on steroids

DMC1 gameplay had less abilities compared to its sequels, but it was a great game regardless, and probably the best for atmosphere, character and enemy design.
I wish DMC would go back to that gothic/horror style rather than the anime-ish phase with effeminate characters (Nero) is having currently.

DMC1's fixed camera angles weren't some vestigial element from RE, they were a very deliberate choice and carried into the later two games also. He even brought back the idea of totally static camera angles for W101

Yep, we are never getting those amazing Shadows back

Reading this thread makes me want to play some Ninja Gaiden where enemies actually fight back.

Even though the Gameplay of DMC 3 and 4 is Superior.
DMC 1 is still my Favorite of the series and this isn't nostalgia talking because I played DMC4 first. DMC1 has so many moments that I love.

The legend of Sparda
The Alastor scene
Every scene with Nelo Angleo
Dante combining both amulets
The Space fight with Mundus

I enjoy how Crazy the series has gotten but DMC1 is still great.

(checked)
I agree with that, nothing to argue here.

Ninja Gaiden II makes DMC3 look like Fucking Elmo's ABC for the N64

So make your own thread and stop samefagging

I'm not that guy, are you retarded?

I meant the emphasis on searching for keys, the horror atmosphere, and the fact that it was originally going to be a sequel to Resident Evil.

Well fair enough, I misjudged the subtext

they'll be new things to discuss when Nier: Automata is released.
How do I dodge?
How do I beat X dodge?
ect ect

what the fuck

I found DMC3 harder than NG2.
But Ninja Gaiden Black? I fucking love/hate the difficulty in that game

I'll brake down what I did in that Webm.

First I used Heavy Rain Swords to pin Bariel in place.
Then at Max concentration I charged up Rising Dragon.
When at Max concentration Beowulfs charged attacks release at full power automatically
When the secound Jump of Rising Dragon connected I used Devil Trigger Distortion.
Then I repeated

That did so much damage because it was Full Concentration damage buff on top of Full charged Rising Dragon Buff on top of Devil Trigger/Distortion buff.

Vergil can out put so much damage it's ridiculous

This Webm wasn't me but it's more impressive.

You're not wrong. The enemy behavior is probably one of the first things I notice when I jump between either series. Ninja Gaiden's got the better enemies for sure but I think DMC's got the better bosses.

Fuck, now I have to try this.

I never used Beowulf as a damage dealing weapon, I mostly use it to prolongue my combos.

absolutely crazy

Holy fucking shit.
I need to learn how to do this.
Got my first S in Legendary Dark Knight mode using him today.
Starting to learn new stuff, like using judgement cut's jump back to dodge attacks is fun

Is there a reason why Capcom didn't hire Reuben to do the Japanese version of Dante, considering he knew enough Japanese to start his career as a Toku actor?

I hear Voice actors are much more well respected in Japan. So maybe they got a famous one over Reuben

I looked it up just now and they got the guy who does the Japanese voice for Sephiroth
and he's been Japanese Dante a few times.

I love Japanese razor commercials.

Glad I am not the only one.
Every DMC Thread in a nutshell:

There was even an FAQ. How does the same shit keep being brought up?

This game is pretty fun so far, can't really get the hang of keeping the meter up though; guns are only allowed in air or if your enemy is in the air, sword will always increase your style but its distance makes for some problems; if an enemy is just a little bit out of range you're fucked as far as keeping it up, and then there's the scissor bitches who float in walls, making style points impossible on them.
All in all DMC1 is actually kinda good, it felt kinda heavy at first, the button set up is fucked, but I'm getting used to it.

Because people like discussing their own experiences with the quintessential CURAZEE

Do you have something else to contribute?

Taunt
What? You can use them if you're locked on anytime. Use charged shots to build style too

It only extends a hot second
Not that far I think

The suggestion for posters to invest the time and thought into modding the games because it would not be so dependent on (the lack of) game releases.
But even saying this I'd be repeating something.

Normally I wouldn't be this cavalier, but there's seriously a lot of people with autism in /cgg/.

I thought he meant the Devil Trigger meter, not the style meter

Forgot to add
That's not what I meant, meter builds with guns only when one or both of you are in the air

The only mod I'd like is to give dante the big hat of the mephisto or the faust or whichever the gray one is, I really like that big hat.
wheredoyouthinkweare.tiff

that was almost me a few minuets ago, i mean using xpadder to link the triggers to q and e? what the fuck

shit nigger what are you doing?

You're in luck.
s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/4741216/1/
I can see DMC threads improving when people learn to use search engines.

my cpu is terrible at emulation, it can still run god hand fine though

I just said it's a mod I'd like faggot, I didn't need you to spoon feed me. If you were a decent Holla Forumsagabond you would have told me to look for it or something.
you're a real faggot, you know that, user?

If you can run god hand you can run DMC, I know because I have a shitter and I could barely run god hand, while DMC 1, 3, and 4 even run great

Where do you think we are?
It's spoonfeeding general. How else are people going to know which order to play DMC games in?

i don't know man i tried DMC 1 on pcsx2 and i couldn't keep a solid frame rate for long

To be clear, you mean running God Hand with speedhacks, right? There is no reasonable way you should be able to emulate God Hand but not DMC1

Devil May Cry 1 is the best of the series and has best Dante. You can't prove me wrong.

i did run DMC1 but i couldn't keep a solid frame rate so i gave up on it

overrated meme game

While DMC1 is my favorite. I think I like Anime Dante the best.

oh you're just a baiting faggot, sorry, here's your (you)s

put on automatic fixes and press f9 when you start the game up after clicking the game window, it helps fix like 90 percent of all your problems.

why is his wall covered in the sword he only receives at the island? If it gives him lightning and hover powers, why wouldn't he take one with him at least? Is he sure he'll pick up another one on this rando island? Why are there so many in 1 but there's none in 4, which apparently occurs after 1? If 4 occurs before 1, why are there none in 2? Why is his sign lady holding his guns before he even met lady? These are just a few things but I'm sure I'll have more questions by the end of my run.

So you mean DMC3 Dante? :^)

Different sword. Did you play all of the other games before 1 or something?

guess i'll try that and report back

Which apparently occurs after 1? If 4 occurs before 1?
The order of the series is 3 1 Anime 4 2.
4 has to happen after 1 because Trish is in 4 game.

They just reused that asset I never even noticed until now that those where all Alastor.

He took the force edge because it means the most to him being his fathers sword.

I heard that Dante sell most of his devil arms in order to pay for his bills because being a demon hunter pays like shit.

Nah anime Dante is far more depressed then any other Dante's but that's what I like it shows that he's bored out of his mind during his day to day life.

pretty much this, officially Dante is still "stuck" in hell after 2, so if DMC5 were to happen it would probably start there or revolve around that
unless they retcon all of dmc2
On a side note, where does his appearance in Nocturne fit into the timeline? It has to be somewhere between 4 and 2 I assume.

I still have to read the DMC novels that are about mainly Dante growing up, heard they're a good read.

Every voice that isn't Reuben is shite, but it's got a nice feel to it.

all anime pre 2000 dubs are golden you faggot, and there are still a few post 2000 that are done by people who can actually voice act and make it sound QUALITY otherwise.

I know that's the dev answer, but plot answers are ????

There are no answers they're just swords.
The dev's didn't give a shit why do you.

I blame this on you Holla Forums.

It's not good world building
As far as gameplay goes, 3 seems to have more weapons and with styles there's so much variety that it's a joke to say 1 is the best.

if you wanted to get cuhrazee you could purchase the dlc to get 300000 red orbs
or pirate the one with all the dlc

that shouldn't matter with SE, you get orbs up your arse in that one

I've become autistic with grades as well. MGSV is still in my backlog because trying to get an S rank stresses me out even though it's pretty simple to get one.

did you at least do well in school?

Don't remind me user.

I dislike calling anything the best when it's usually a matter of opinion.
I enjoy DMC 1 3 and 4 equally i don't see the point in calling one of them the best.

Proud souls are easy to get for levels, m8. I realized as I write this, DMC4 is the first one to make level up orbs different from red orbs. You just need to keep revving your red queen up to level 3 and then streaking forward, taunt, launch them up and start air combos, maybe toss a grab in and chase down with helm splitter. Your moves are very limited to start, but by the end of the second level you should have a few more combos that make things easier. Get used to timing your hit presses and revving, there's an upgrade that lets you fully charge your red queen called max-ACT with single swipes, the timing is CURAZEE though, but once you do get it you'll be getting SSS like nothing.

I wasn't saying which one is the best, someone else said DMC 1 is the best of the four, I merely stated that this is impossible because the game doesn't have as much going for it in terms of CURAZEE

I would argue it has more going for it in every other aspect besides Curazee.

The atmosphere
Nelo Angleo
The emphasis on Sparda
Mundus is the only Villain in the Series who Dante actually takes seriously.

Please for the love of god stop using that term, that's not even the way people spell it. You're comfortable saying, just three missions into DMC1, that you can't think of any reason someone might prefer it to the other games? Nothing at all that's different about it?

You shouldn't even think about playing stylishly at this point, just focus on actually going through the game first, and get used to the timing of abilities like Instant Revving, enemy patterns, level layout and a control configuration where you can keep charging Nero's gun while being able to attack at the same time, etc. then finish the harder difficulties.
Hell, to develop average skills, you'll probably need to sink dozens of hours before obsessing with things like jump cancelling (Enemy Step), let alone doing nearly impossible shit like Guard Flying and other tricks that require you to claw grip the controller.

I can't talk obviously, since I'm not that far in, but the only difference I notice is a fucked up control scheme that I had to rebind my pad to get comfortable with. In every other game the maneuver button is X, sometimes even circle, it's never triangle, excepting ico/SotC but that game can be rebound.

These are all things that have nothing to do with gameplay, again. I can say firmly that the game isn't bad in my eyes, it's pretty hard, but forgiving enough that I can roll with it all the way through. The levels are pretty fucking short however, and I hope there's not 21 missions of this and has something closer to 40, that or the missions should probably be getting longer over time.
Honestly you'd have to tell me what you favor over the game, because going from 4 to 3 to 1 I can't really wrap my head around it; I can appreciate firsts, but it's unfair from an objective stance to say that the first game is the best simply because it allowed the next games to be made. Furthermore, the control scheme was obviously fucked enough that they changed it by the time of DMC 3, and that alone suits my argument that DMC3 has a better rating on my list.

I'm not talking about gameplay
If the gameplay is all you care about then by all means put DMC3 at the top of your list.
But I enjoy everything about DMC1 not just the Gameplay.

I'm almost certain there's a control scheme where triangle is the attack button and X is the jump/evade button like the other games, but maybe that's just the HD Collection

I'll throw a few in, I think it has the best and most varied boss roster and the best implementation of Devil Trigger

I literally just played it and I know control scheme A is bind guns to square and x, sword to circle, and B is the opposite, triangle is the jump no matter what.
I already do like the fact that different devil arms give different devil triggers and abilities after that, but that is traded in 3 for weapons straight up giving different specials on swordmaster and having such a wide array of weapons that you choose which abilities you want to have, the devil trigger just modifies those abilities slightly like a combo based super instead of a big attack super.

So… what's so bad about DMC 2 anyways?

Guns are OP, no lock on, bland levels shit bosses outside of like two of them are my problems. But it does have the best Dante outfit, Lucia is a nice character stuck in a shit game and movement feels strangly nice, like you can see where DMC3 trickster comes from. Honestly a good time to see where a lot of ideas came from in DMC3.

Just pretend it doesn't exist

This^
Lots of open empty space that you run around so much they give you a power to run even faster when in DT.
Dante barely talks so cutscenes are boring.

DMC2 isn't THAT bad but it's noticeably worse then DMC1. It's not a game you likely to play more then once.

The Final boss is cool at least.

experiment.
find out what you can do

focus on that shit after you've cleared the game

who fucking thought this was a good idea? My dodge doesn't have enough frames for the amount of ice he started dropping at the very end, when I finally did get close he killed me and then suddenly switched to his headbutt, which is on the opposite end of the dodging spectrum for me. Was I supposed to fucking close in while there was ice dropping on my head? There didn't feel like there was enough time with how fast he kept doing the fucking same move over and over, and I figured he would switch out his moves; by the time I realized he was looping I was already near death and closing in was suicide either way apparently. Fuck that shit, fuck RNG picking what the next move a boss does, fuck bosses that change what they'll attack with depending on your distance, and fuck getting stuck in a fucking loop like that.
this game is really fun I just needed to vent for a second, I know I'm trash but I feel like this was pure bullshit at the end, it felt like there was more ice dropping than normal.

are you playing vanilla DMC3 or DMC3 Special edition?

Beacuse the US version of DMC3 had Normal set to hard and easy set to Normal beacuse Japan made fun of people for complaining that DMC2 was too easy.

Also Special Edition give you the option for Gold orbs instead of Yellow and you can play as Vergil when you beat the game.

I'm playing usa special edition on yellow normal because I didn't want to feel like a pussy for going through easy, I prefer going to the hardest difficulty first anyway. This fight is just killing me because the closest I got to killing this faggot was right before he started spamming shit and now I'm so mad from that that I'm messing up simple shit. I just feel like I don't have enough maneuverability at this juncture. If I had style switcher I'd be mashing through sword master and trickster all the way to the end, but I can't find anything for the PCSX2 version and I also want a vanilla experience.

Finally killed the second boss of DMC3, I feel so accomplished :,^) I hope the rest of this game kicks my ass this hard.

I'd assume that Nocturne would happen after 2, but Dante would treat it as a very small chapter in his life, since Nocturne for him might be one of those alternate dimension dealios he finds while running around in Hell.

I personally think that it's not so much a tragic incident that got Dante acting the way he did in 2, but that he's suffering from both a midlife(If he ages likes a human) crisis and a lack of direction. The only reason he participates in 4's plot is because Lady and Trish gave Yamato and Force Edge to the Order, and they still had to drag him along afterwards. The only guy capable of making Dante give a single dingleberry about is Mundus, and Dante's only become more powerful since the last time they fought. Sealing Mundus away however means that the only thing left for Dante to do is hunt him down for good, and then Dante's personal life ends right there. He can eventually find a way back from Hell, but there's Lady, Trish, Nero, and other demon hunters who can do his job, and are all capable of making more money and giving more gusto into their work. No idea if he's moved on about Vergil, but regardless Dante should probably treat being stuck in hell like a vacation from the human world, maybe even convince some demons to turn good Or have a crossover with Hellboy or get summoned by Bayonetta.

I'm pretty sure you can dodge the ice projectiles just by running away.

I actually tweeted Hideki Kamiya about this and got and didn't get blocked.

He basically said if Dante stayed in Devil Trigger he's almost unageing but he chooses to live as a human.

Depends on how much relevance Kamiya's word actually has to DMC anymore too given Itsuno's basically run the show since DMC2. Doesn't really make much sense to me that Dante can do all that crazy shit completely as a human but still ages along the same lines as a normal mortal and will eventually die after maybe 80-100 years.

When I ran it came right down over my head, because it falls on you and then in an area around that, so you do walk out of the range, and then dodge, but the spam one he was doing with one head was fucking massive and I would have needed trickster to get out of range.

He is only half demon. Guess it'd make him too OP, otherwise.

Dante may be half demon but the amount of power him Vergil and Nero have don't seem to have much to do with how pure they're demon blood is.
In DMC 1 griffon says that Dante is already more powerful then Sparda.

There's occasional bits about demons only really coming into their own when they figure out empathy and other human characteristics, like Sparda did when he "awoke to justice" and gained the strength to put an end to Mundus for a long while, and even sealing away the vast majority of his strength into Force Edge in the Temi-ni-gru left him with enough that he could still break out because he was bored instead of guarding the place like he should've been, which Beowulf/Nevan/Agni and Rudra never managed.

Nigger they did that shit all the time, to note agni and rudra had dozens of swords and shit all over their arena, meaning enough warriors got that far at least to try and get their asses kicked.

Also there's a game theory in my suggestions talking about what you fags just said, so I blame you for this meme magic.

I'm not crazy but no way in hell I'm gonna give up

that's the spirit, user

you're doing one thing right, and that's starting over from the beginning when you die, but shit nigga you need to get more MOTIVATED

I wanna get CUHRAYZEE Should I start with DMC 1 or 4? I'm saving 3 for after I beat one or both of those.

play 1, you'll appreciate the others much more after that experience

Play 1, then 3, then 4
4 causes you to develop habits that will fuck you over when you play 3

Okay, thanks anons.

play 1 then 3 then 4
You need to play 3 before 4 in order to learn the Styles individually. Other wise like so many other people you will have no idea where to begin when you start playing as DMC4 Dante and you'll only end up using Swordmaster.

If you're a faggot you might, if you're smart you'll just trickster around and swordmaster/gunslinger in combat and leave royal guard alone because learning the timing on that is a bitch
I kinda want to see how it is in DMC 3 to do a royal guard only playthrough

I'll i'm talking about my own experience

When I first played DMC4 back when it came out I hadn't played DMC3 yet. So my Dante in DMC4 sucked I only used Swordmaster and sometimes Gunsligher.
I didn't get good with DMC4 Dante until I played through DMC3 4 times with each style.

DMC4 was my first game and as soon as I had all those options I went from crawling to running

Here is a tip for playing as Trish as shown in the webm. You can do both missile attacks in the air very quickly and this fills your DT fast.

Also as Vergil everytime you let him sheath Yamato after a combo it fills 1 part of the DT gage like a taunt.

It hurt my pride to start if that means anything, I got to DMD without using any if that means anything.

Found out about that earlier. Still useful as hell.

Main problem is that I play Ninja Gaiden and Bayo and their movement isn't as stiff so I'm taking hits when I want to dodge.

If your unaware the first few frames of you normal jump are invincible so Jumping will let you dodge anything. like when Bale is going to land on you.

I actually can't stand the way pros play Dante in DMC4. Seeing Dante dashing sideways for no reason and performing a bunch of moves that are going to be blocked just isn't fun for me. Dante just seems to do a whole lot of pointless shit. It shows off their mastery of the game but Dante just looks like an inefficient twat.

Here I already made this into a webm.

Which could easily be from when the Temi-ni-gru was last up and about, over a thousand years ago before Sparda sealed it. Hell the two demons say they haven't had guests in a very long time which implies there's been nothing of interest in the tower until it was brought back up by Vergil and Arkham.

Exactly, which brings me to my point that you're wrong if you say that they never managed to guard it. Obviously if no one got all the way through before it was sealed they were managing

I meant they didn't ever get out under their own power, I'm pretty sure Beowulf at the very least didn't want to be there given his hatred of Sparda. Nevan and Cerberus though seemed fine with it.

I always thought Cerberus was worst boss of DMC3.
He felt bullshit, with Vergil and Beowulf I had to learn their moves but Cerb just feels cheap

best way to learn Royal Guard is Metal Gear Rising Reveangance

Does that mean he'll actually bother to shave in the next game?

I kind of don't want a DMC5, I want to see a DMC0 and it be about Sparda.

I also love the achievement stats.
More people have cleared the game on DMD with all S ranks than they have the on Human mode with all S ranks

More people have beaten it on normal than easy.

I don't remember having problems with Cerb

Now Nevan, I haven't quite figured out the telegraphing on half her attacks

That seems pretty reasonable to me, once you git gud you don't ever bother with human mode, and if you haven't gotten gud you won't get S ranks on human anyway.

All I remember about fighting her was when she teleports to the door is to jump and shoot pistols to stop firing.

Donguri is doing a live stream on jewtube right now lads.