What are the must play retro PC games? I need stuff to play on my toaster

What are the must play retro PC games? I need stuff to play on my toaster.

Morrowind, Baulders Gate 1/2, Half-Life

Master of Orion 2
Jagged Alliance 2
Arcanum
KKND 1+2
Tiberian Sun
Red Alert 2
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
System Shock 2
Fallout 1 and 2
Sanitarium
HoMM 2 and 3

The Guild

isn't there a mod for Master of Orion 2 that really ups it?

You don't have a toaster user

you mean like a difficulty mod? Possibly, but the game is still top 2 in 4X even without mods.

Lots of free(as in freedom) games that run on old hardware here

>>>/lv/1

I think you might be thinking of Master of Magic

It ran at 10fps on a Pentium D 940

maybe so, also, should I avoid a certain version of Baldurs Gate 2? I remember there being some drama recently about it and another cuck dev ruining it.

Don't buy it
Pirate the original versions of BG and Icewind Dale.

BeamDog is the company who got the license and they are SJWs of the highest order.

wasn't going to. I figured I'd pirate the latest GOG version of both games.

That's probably the best way to go. Don't forget to use SCSII.

Don't, they're buggy pieces of shit with SJW shit added on top of it, find the original.

The Originals have gog versions too. It's not just the EE.

yeah, looks like I'm going to have to check the share thread or something. Only ones I can find at the moment are the EE, unless somebody happens to have a link?

Could mean the latest version that isn't EE.

Wish I could help. I'm still using my original CD's.

no worries, they were in the mega links in there share thread. Good ol Holla Forums.

Just dwell the share thread, on the Mega Archives.
If the Mega file link on the individual game doesn't work try the compilations at the beginning of the Mega Archive, try Volafile or /scurv/.

The cuckholds removed the OGs fron GOG.
Most common files will be EE

Wow, that's some fucking bullshit. Good thing I still have my big box versions

Play Falcom games.

When will the "Jazz Jackrabbit has good graphics" meme end?

How long will it take for fans to let go of their celebrity developers, especially the ones that have taken up the latest trending feminism crusades against video games?

Epic :^)

play nethack
realize retro gaming is going to set you on a path of becoming an unrecoverable basement dweller with no hope of relating to civilian tastes,
and then keep scouring for unknown goodies.
You're on a righteous path, OP.

Uplink: Hackers Elite
7 Kingdoms
Sim Towers
The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall
NES, SNES, GBA, Sega consoles, Neo Geo etc. etc. etc.

I don't know what games you want. Just typing toaster-friendly games on top of my head.

I used to play dos games on machine with dos installed via dosbox, because dosbox worked better than dos.

in their defense unlike Amiga the PC was a pain in the ass to make something resembling a game let alone a platform game with smooth scrolling (and the game was written in Pascal probably the shittiest language to do stuff like that). it took literal wizards like Carmack or Silverman to invent techniques that would make IBM PC rival with consoles or older but more graphically efficent computers until accelerated GPUs settled into home computers for good

This post reeks of having no idea what you're talking about from beginning to end.

Looks like they removed them from the store but you can still download the original editons from your GOG library.

I can share them if you name a service where I can upload large files anonymously

All Holla Forums lists are garbo.
You'll learn this.

The 1.3 versions of the Enhanced Editions are what you probably want, before Beamdog introduced 2.0 patches that came alongside their panned Siege of Dragonspear expansion. 1.3 is the most stable patch of the enhanced edition versions and didn't fuck up mod compatibility or customization of your characters like 2.0+ did. Unfortunately I don't think a purchase on GOG gives you access to a 1.3 installer, so you'll probably have to find someone who can share one with you. There should also be mods out there which help disable any additional enhanced edition content Beamdog added in if you feel that's the way you want to go.

just drop them on volafile

It's going to take an hour or so to upload
volafile.io/r/9kee7wc4

FUCKING TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN! FUCKING TWO THOUSAND SEVENTEEN!

I'm just glad I waited this long. Now I have a huge backlog of great games while new vidya is deader than a doornail.

Doesn't really matter. I like just about every genre of vidya and have downloaded all the recommendations.

Just played it and man is it fun. It's like playing Sonic with a shotgun.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Gothic
Alien Shooter 2
Blood
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Dungeon Siege
Planescape Torment
Sanitarium

Mac has best version of that.

is Dark Forces 2 and its expansion any good?

Half-Life

Why IV in particular and not M&M IV+V: World of Xeen?