Dug up a Dutch anti semite nazi cartoon from WW2

I spent about two weeks mailing institutions and visiting archives to find a copy of 'Van den vos Reynaerde' (Reynard the Fox), an anti-semite cartoon of Disney-like qualities made in Holland during WOII.
In the story, an animal kingdom is ruled by a donkey and a rhino called Jodocus (Jod=jood=jew), wearing a keppel and robe, comes about proclaiming Freedom, Equality and Brotherhood. From now on all the animals could mate together, all races mixed. The only one in the kingdom smarter than the rhino's was, of course, our hero Reynard the fox.
It was commissioned by the then-ruling NSB party, just call them Dutch nazis. The cartoon is a masterpiece but quite muffled away: it was lost for about 60 years and restored but afterward only shown once in public at a film festival. And, a bit mysteriously, even during the war it was only shown once in a theater (with one guess at why it wasn't shown afterwards being that there weren't any jews to make propaganda against).
I must say it's pretty funny too, with lots of unexpected jokes, and you seldom see jewish caricatures portrayed so shamelessly and with such animated quality. On top of that, it's not at all one-sided, but has quite a few factors making it worth discussing (the 'nazi' hero for example is a fox, a treacherous animal). Last note is that the introduction is done by a VO while the characters are introduced standing still, a remnant of silent-era films. In the rest of the film the animation is supported by music, no words required.

Here's the link:

hooktube.com/watch?v=2DmCm2nW2QY&feature=youtu.be

Article about the film:

Other urls found in this thread:

hooktube.com/watch?v=2DmCm2nW2QY&feature=youtu.be
awn.com/mag/issue1.7/articles/barten1.7.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

subs would be nice, thx for uploading

It looks like a CD-i game
It was interesting, so i appreciate the link and the story behind

>hooktube.com/watch?v=2DmCm2nW2QY&feature=youtu.be
wew lad

cool.

Also if someone wanted to subtitle this it would be amazing.

reported ;)

Geez, well it wasn't a "masterpiece" because that same "not at all one-sided" factor made the main character dubious as fuck
First of all, our main man Reynard is a bandit, goes around doing mischievous things, especially making others do the job and steal the credit. One can find this hard to empathize, but then he uses the newly created rhino law of miscegenation from the recently-arrived minister to steal a couple of chicks and eat them, quite literally. Then he's gone.

The cartoon had a main focus on the birdie guy, we see his bird wife going around with tons of animals in the diversity festival, then at egg hatching our bird sees a turtle-bird hybrid and a rhino-bird hybrid. After getting cucked horribly, he calls out the rhino father, an usurer under the name of the newly appointed jew rhino king, and gets his shit fucked up, doesn't help his wife leaves him later on with another debt (ALIMONY) and gets his shit REAL fucked up when the rhino bull repos his house and finally his clothes, leaving the bird just at that, a bird. This opens a whole new ground for the bird to be the main character, as we can see his spiral to madness and finding his bare instincts as a mere nature animal.

But then out of nowhere Reynard the Fox comes in with a paper/decree, suspiciously an ultimatum, or a death squad paper, and starts easily recruiting half the forest, mostly solitary males, and goes directly to the hall to persecute the rhino-kin. At last the angry masses corner the rhino into a rocky hill overseeing the sea, in which we see for a couple of seconds birdie boy, completely naked, rabid and seemingly blinded by hate, repeatedly doing a couple of barrel roll assaults against the rhino usurer, and drives the chosen quadrupeds into the waves, which was a clear as day ethnic cleansing scene. And then out of nowhere the rhino souls emerge from the blue and start going to heaven.

What the fuck was Reynard doing as the main character, he's an Arkan-esque character at best, not a kid's MC. The bird was much more sympathetic, if pathetic at one point.

Article about the film:

awn.com/mag/issue1.7/articles/barten1.7.html

thanks, downloading now.

Well that explains, Reynard is a villain, or more so an anti-hero, who is more beefed in the book/tale.
The short didn't portray it as such, if anything it seems they are under the same kingdom, when in reality Reynard cons the rhino to visit the hall for a big payday, only to find a beta uprising.
It is indeed a very interesting tale by itself.

It’s amazing to see this shit and then look around our society and realize that the good guys lost World War 2.

you are now on every watchlist ever

10/10 kino

Aren't we all though?

wew

Pretty interesting but I personally don't speak the language as a burger. I feel like you should be worried about mailing these institutions for something like this, or am I just being paranoid?

If OP lives in Western Europe, he should be very afraid.

Who cares? Its a free world. Unless some govt monster takes the effort to physically come after OP. Which I highly doubt for looking up obscure fascist history and sharing it with Holla Forums. The website which already has more knowledge of obscure fascist history gathered in one place then anywhere else.

It's the watermark of the archive man

I did think this through I said in the emails I needed the film for an arthistorical research about controversial art. I guess only if I sought the attention via news media or social media would anyone bother about the film

Those terms don't seem very reasonable.

Unironically reported for antisemitism; fuck off nazi scum.

Why post this on an english board if you don't provide an english translation?

Just watch it anyway Mr. 22st!!

Kino.