ITT: things that single-handedly killed the game they were in

ITT: things that single-handedly killed the game they were in

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Bourtange
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blizzdrones will defend these

Scrub.

Hardly a surprise. Kevin Michael Richardson ruins everything. He ruined the Joker too.

rip

Fuck I hated those goddamn niggers.

they fuck me every time, i can't git gud

That's because sometimes what people want or patching a hole is not always a good thing.
I actually think its roaches/stalkers that killed the game (tactically speaking). Boring bread and butter units.

these cunts were worse in hlm2

Elaborate please

The gymkhana events in Dirt 3.

What's wrong with them? I haven't got around to playing Dirt 3.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate drifting in video games. And yes, I do hate it because I can't do it.

It's probably cause most video games get drifting wrong or the physics aren't good enough to do satisfying drifting.

The discipline is complete shit and it takes up like 1/3rd of the career. I wanted comfy rallies and races, not Fucking Around in a Stadium for Five Minutes and Hope the Game Gave You Enough Points Simulator, Sponsored by Ken Block™ and Monster™® Actually I didnt mind it that much, but it certainly made a lot of other people hate the game. It's a shame because the game is much better than Dirt 2, yet people still swear by that one instead.

Or he's just shit at drifting tbh.

Didn't play it, but I'll perpetuate the meme.

Are there any games that do drifting well enough to be fun?

You only encounter five of them the first time through, all on the last level. And hard mode isn't going to be your fancy anyways if you don't like the additional enemy variety.

Clearly.

He dresses like my best friend did when he was 15.

That shit was just annoying. See vid related

Why that nigga cryin' all the time?

He's talking about Dante in SMT: Nocturne, specifically where he chases you through the Labryrinth of Amala.

Fuck widow mines

Oh lets just make a fucking boderline free (like same cost as a baneling) unit that can burrow and oneshot anything. Oh did we say 'mine'? We meant missle launcher, of course its not a suicide unit. Why not make it hit flying units too for fucks sake. Cause who would ever build a missle turret

Swarm hosts were alright, but i was zerg so im biased.

Bet you were a toss player

Because his series is dead

That bitch right here made a shitshow even worse by contaminating everything else with it's taint.

you forgot the braindead hellbats. stupid ass unit should have never been added.

Reminds me of a type of composite wheels made for forklifts that let you strafe.

Burnout Revenge had some neat drifting, especially on the map White Mountain. I wouldn't call it realistic but it's still fun as fuck.
If you prefer things that aren't so realistic a lot of kart racers have a drift mechanic where you "lock" your direction, then change your angle to drift. That + heavy characters = spending half the race going sideways. Diddy Kong Racing on the N64 was balanced around it, and trying to turn normally would fuck you up with heavy characters.

Don't remind me user.

DEVILS
NEVER
CRY

No shit you're fucking biased, that unit was the most retarded thing ever conceived.

How does SC2 play these days? Last time I played in the ladder was the early days of WoL for reference.

i operate a forklift all fucking day and you would only ever need those wheels if you were total garbage at your job. loading things too wide for doorways is one of the first things you learn how to do and it really isn't hard

fucking this a thousand times. i have no idea how they looked at the success of dirt, which was almost entirely rally if i remember correctly, and said "you know what would be a great sequel? a game where you don't get to fucking do that thing that you clearly like to do"

Better but still not very good.

That's cool as fuck, but also seems totally impractical. What exactly is that seeming expensive fort protecting?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_Bourtange
You could at least try looking.

Care to elaborate at all? I've been told so far that they've added in more things to counter siege tanks, but in a skirmish game against a buddy who plays Protoss I was able grind him down in what was basically trench warfare. Honestly it feels like they are even better what with being able to pick them up and drop them deployed. I haven't really used the new flying unit enough to get a feel for it though.

Sage for off-topic

WHAT?!!

first one killed the game, second one the franchise

OoOOOoOOooOO?

I liked the concept but the balancing went through the shitter when they and the beam weapons got introduced. Had the panzerkleins been treated as bosses that you need to coordinate your entire team to take down and limit the units you can take to a mission yourself and it would had been fine.

Age of Empires 2.

The go-to choice for 1vs>1 games.

It's shaped that way specifically for practical reasons. You can't take cover at the base of a star fort's walls because one other wall can always shoot at you.

The literal fun police.

Woops, forgot image.

What's the problem? If enemies are around, they hear that shit.

It's pretty amazing how downgraded the police got in the span of one game.

The perfect game would be GTA4 with GTA San Andreas map with all the games/car/etc. of GTA5

This. GTA4 was fucking awesome aside from the boats they called cars.

Guns, cars, etc.*

4 had the best driving though.

Nah, 5 did. 4 felt like I was driving in the 1940's.

Nah, 4 did. 5 felt like I was driving in a go-kart.

5 is more fun to drive, but 4 is damn fun to crash. Cashing into sidewalk trash or a crowd of people in 4 makes me cringe, in a good way. Crashing cars in 5 is like bumping fucking matchbox cars together.

It just takes a while to get used to 4's driving (mainly just realize that you have to use the brake), but once you do it's a lot of fun. 5 is too sensitive, I can't weave through traffic as easily without bumping into other cars.

Sandy Petersen

are his pants legs actually two different lengths

That man is probably the reason your best friend dressed like that when he was 15.

What? How?

IMO easymode food booster that turns inedible junk into superfoods

To be fair starvation is the least of your troubles in that game.

majorly because of the crock pot

Even without the crock pot. Crock pot just made staying fed less tedious so you could focus on other stuff. It also made health regen more reliable. Embed related. I know it's high level play, but it still reinforces my point of starvation being the least of your trouble. He limits his diet to food he grew (no crock pot meals) and food is still a none issue once he has his farm plot.

Starvation is still important to the game, it's just not something you'll worry about unless something else is preventing from eating. Starvation was never meant to require an endless food grind, which why the crock pot exists. Other factors are supposed to slow you down or destroy your stuff and that's supposed to lead to death by starvation or other things. There's one boss who's sole purpose is to raid your fridge before winter (and possibly destroy everything in the process). There's another that is hell bent on destroying (mostly your) structures during the winter and does almost exclusively that. Shit like that is what's supposed to lead to your death by weather or starvation or insanity.

I thought they got rid of that shit?

No-PK mod is a fucking god send

It would have been fine had they just put fucking Lurkers in from the get go instead of trying to get fucking cute with their new (shit) units.

How did lurkers kill the franchise? They had a lot to do with the popularity of SC1. They were just implimented like shit in SC2.

You're right, I just find the overused recipes (meatballs, meaty stew) boring and find eating the variety of ingredients I find more satisfying. Half of the recipes are useless anyway. What really lacked in this game for me were challenge modes like in that video, not "make your own goal" ones but official game challenges.

Borderland 2's loot system.

The game is a huge improvement over 1 in nearly every way but the loot generation, level model, and way legendary/uniques are distributed are all way worse and it alone not only cancels out all the postive changes but acivtely outweighs them by a huge degree and it's a shame.

I wanted to like Bl2 so bad but I just can't. I'd kill for a mod to fix the loot system so I can enjoy the game

that doesn't look like EoC. Everyone liked the GE except for autistic 12yos.

Those aren't lurkers, they're swarm hosts.

Speak for yourself, automated ingame trading systems are shit whatever MMO they're in. The old way of open-air markets where more immersive, more fun (the chaos is a giggle) and more rewarding for people who wanted to make a living through trading. They were also a solid way to make friends and helped keep areas populated.

I love how this game had nothing to do with the cover.

this

fuck you, being a merchant used to mean finding a good deal man to man and going to banks brimming with life and energy.
GE abruptly brought that to an end and turned into graveyards of idlers shopping for items

this one is more in tune with killing the game

Even without equipment Symphony of the Night is a piss-easy joke.

BEHOLD!

Both most awesome and most retarded thing in whole Batman Arkham series.

I already said that I am shit at drifting. I just think it's a shit mechanic not worth mastering.

Star forts were practical at the time they were built, as they gave the enemy no place to hide when besieging its walls. It only stopped being a practical design in the 19th century when explosive shells obsoleted fortresses in favor of bunkers.

I've never bought a denumale game and I never will

Katana Carlos, maybe. But you forgot Psycho Steve.

Valley of Defilement & VoD 2.0